50k+ Losses

Status
yea and people like to Kiss MA a$$ here
in FACT some can even tell you what the PR guy had for diner the night before,cause thier noses are so far up his a$$

Troll through the forums and im sure you will find just as many MA A$$ Kissers
as Whiners,and that aint peanut butter on thier noses!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Can some pm me the name of this game as well. Figure give it a try and see which game seems better.
Plus if it is in beta I still have a chance at uberness!

Sorry, I think you’re wrong. :scratch2:

What you pointed out here is when those fouls are looting well. Try to repeat this and you will see that you will loose at least next two runs... or something like that... every mob including low fouls have ups and downs and the down period is often much longer then the up period. Unless you got some information that’s comes from MA, you don’t know in what period the mob is unless you tried. Ok you try and loot is bad and you stop... try again and... trying to hit the hot period is more expensive than what you gain hunting when its hot... in the long run.

That’s MAs way to prevent you from building up wealth… in the long run.

So call it... "a way to not lose so much so fast"... think that’s better.
(talking out of own experience)

I may be wrong,

But this is the expirience from (atm) the 3k ped foul run over a period of 2 mths ;) Including up and down periods.

I guess you know what 3k ped on a 30 pec mob means. I can not look at them anymore :laugh:

And those stated above are averages. Yes I has 20 no looters in a row, yes I had 200 ped global from them. When series of those add up, what I stated is the result.

Any I see that as how much I paid to play the game / how much did other ppl buying my stuff for large markup paid me to deliver those bones and oil.

Buy Im waaay offtopic now. Sorry guys.

I.

first, gratz on the hof :D

Still wondering if those saying that it is possible to profit from hunting may be willing to conduct a little experiment with some noobs maybe. Form a team, a noob and several witnesses from here for the record and one who says what the noob has to do. Continue over a period of time. Then we would have some figures. (And no, it doesnt have to be me, but I would be glad to help out gathering some real noobs in PA or something. Now get personal please :D) May be slightly OT too. I'm off to the camp now :yay:

first, gratz on the hof :D

Still wondering if those saying that it is possible to profit from hunting may be willing to conduct a little experiment with some noobs maybe. Form a team, a noob and several witnesses from here for the record and one who says what the noob has to do. Continue over a period of time. Then we would have some figures. (And no, it doesnt have to be me, but I would be glad to help out gathering some real noobs in PA or something. Now get personal please :D) May be slightly OT too. I'm off to the camp now :yay:

I'll be happy to team up with you and run such an experiment if you like. It does require some patience though, so be prepared to spend at least 2 hours a day for a month or so before coming to any conclusions.

Best,

For small mobs with the new loot system, 2 hours/day will not do the job... You will probably need minimum 4-5 or maybe more.

For small mobs with the new loot system, 2 hours/day will not do the job... You will probably need minimum 4-5 or maybe more.

and you need to know how to hunt a spot, something thats not easy to learn

Which is why I stated it will take at least a month to gather enough data for any significant statistical analysis. You can shoot about 50 PED ammo during 2 hours with the Opalo+a101, so 1.5k of ammo on small critters should be a decent start.

and you need to know how to hunt a spot, something thats not easy to learn

c2carbone asked if someone who already knows how to profit from hunting is willing to take him, or another newcomer, and show him how it is done. It did take me quite a few months to figure out the basics of eco hunting, and I am still learning new things every day. However, by now I have some slight knowledge in this (see here for details), and am volunteering to try out the experiment.

i'm atm usually on for about 10 hrs a day 5 days a week and 2 or so on the weekend ;)

prob is, there should be witnesses in the team, too ! thats important ... and well, one experiment is just another peek at the needle in the hay pile too .

Last edited:
c2carbone asked if someone who already knows how to profit from hunting is willing to take him, or another newcomer, and show him how it is done. It did take me quite a few months to figure out the basics of eco hunting, and I am still learning new things every day. However, by now I have some slight knowledge in this (see here for details), and am volunteering to try out the experiment.

the thing is there is more to profitting in hunting then eco hunting.. . there are certain hunting spots that I seem to be able to make profit for me, I'm still not sure how it works but if I hunt the spawns in a certain way I seem to be able to get them to global after 3 years I'm still not sure what it is that I do other than possibly making sure I killing a whole spawn of mobs or the route I take round the area

the thing is it works for me after 3 years on maybe a handfull of mobs and spots this is the certain thing that can make the difference between profit and loss

randomly shooting mobs in an LA with good econ vs selectivly moving round a n LA ensuring you kill a complete spawn (and the hard thing is to trying and work out the mobs you need to kill)

Its going very good actually, waiting for the next big VU:yay:

Yay, waiting already 8 months and more.....nothing in sight yet :rolleyes:

And btw, its alpha, not beta........and registration closed. So no chance to join atm.

can we just take a moment to put this in perspective... 5 hours doing a menial or basic home based job could easily yeild £25 = ~500Ped. 5 hours doing a skilled venture from home, say some web development, could yield 2 to 4 times that. Would 5 hours hunting low end mobs consistantly return that sort of profit?

so when you and others say "its easy to make a profit", what you really mean is "play so many hours that its basically a job"? Ive been coming to this conclusion for somtime, but the time period required to see "profit" is never brought up. im glad you have.

First post bout this I acctualy like and I couldnt agree more. Its a good notice for newcommers to se that things might turn very very bad sometimes.

Hope your luck improves man

Yay, waiting already 8 months and more.....nothing in sight yet :rolleyes:

And btw, its alpha, not beta........and registration closed. So no chance to join atm.

And everything is (L) last time I checked, good enough reason as any not to play.

Could anyone Pm me the url of that russian game pls?

ty :)

Pfff...I've been keeping tabs on that.

The people here trying to trade crap items for hangars and LA's are making more progress than that game. I wouldn't count on it going anywhere any time in the near future.

Pfff...I've been keeping tabs on that.

The people here trying to trade crap items for hangars and LA's are making more progress than that game. I wouldn't count on it going anywhere any time in the near future.

You think PE/EU was created in a year? It needs time to get developped. I stopped logging on there for awhile. Just checked now, and i think in the last 6 months, there has been some nice progress.

Give it one to two years and it will be good to go i guess.

As someone who traded a whole year before really doing (serious) hunting, I might add a word :)

It took me months over months and then suddenly got globals, even hofs. But then again: I hunted and mined a lot lot more.

I think they all are random, and relative to the mob HPs, aside from a few very rare exceptions :)

can we just take a moment to put this in perspective... 5 hours doing a menial or basic home based job could easily yeild £25 = ~500Ped. 5 hours doing a skilled venture from home, say some web development, could yield 2 to 4 times that. Would 5 hours hunting low end mobs consistantly return that sort of profit?

so when you and others say "its easy to make a profit", what you really mean is "play so many hours that its basically a job"? Ive been coming to this conclusion for somtime, but the time period required to see "profit" is never brought up. im glad you have.
If you can tell me about a job I can do from home for 50$/day, tomorow I start. And I have some knoledge in many areas, but I just don't live in a western country...
But that is not the important thing. I said that at any level you can profit. As oposed to you can loose all @ any level. Ofcourse, the profit can only be a small % from your spendings. In ordder to hope for large profits you need to be able to spend more AND be eco in the same time. @ high level you can make probably more than 1k ped/day. Or more.
But for small level the only purpose is not to lose money. Not to make real profit to check out. Is clear for anyone that is imposible for a noob to make regular profit from EU. You need alot of skills and gear for that.
Eaven as you progress and move to high damage/sec L stuff, because of marckup you only manage to break eaven on the long run. All you get is free skilling.

I feel with you scudd.
Its hard to explane how this "dynamic" universe works. Maybe other idea's than hunting? I started out with hunting too. Deposited up to 75$ / day, after some months I realised that hunting wasn't my thing. I always lost money when i did a hunt (Eco or Un-Eco), Ofcourse sometimes i got lucky with a small hof or something. But never i have been rewarded big (as in 3k+ loots as example), then i started to combine mining and hunting but it always resulted in a loss in one of the two and the other one resulted in a break-even. I did crafting for a while, as a good boy i started out with skilling dampers and filters. In this way i skilled up to unlocking BPC and getting my engi-skill around 3k. Lost all my peds during this period, call it bad luck. But i was almost crying behind my pc when i just blew 7k ped in 3 hours, without any decent returns. What about it... p000f the elkarr scope ATH (229K) popped up, i had mixed emotions and ofcourse i was mad. Well back to the topic :p

I got quite depressed by this (looking at my bank receipts), because i invested over 10k $ already.

After all this i sold my hunting and crafting skills and I started to invest in mining. All the time i broke even, made losses and sometimes even made some profit. Hard to determine if a area is good to mine or not, it could just as well give allot of negative returns the day after on the same spot.

Now after 3 years playing I sticked with Mining, still am and taking it easy. No uber skills (nearing the MS unlock) but the skills are good enough to take some nice profits from time to time.

Now i reside on CnD for the last 3 months and well i took up 900 ped and i am still floating around the 1k ped mark. Good days there lately.

The point i'm trying to make is that you maybe should try out another profession, sell your hunting skills and other unrelevant skills and start mining or tailoring (example ;)).

I hope you will do better soon mate!

Let me know if you need mining tips/locations e.g. I'll be glad to help you out.

Regards,

Micheva Rhizosis Sacramento

a little correction if I may.

the guys you mentioned are making the best possible influence to the community by giving us something to enjoy (LA-s etc.) ok, I can not yet see how Anshee's deal is ever going to be beneficial for players but the rest you mentioned are taking a rather big risk by investing quite a lot money and expect or hope the returns of it. we just enjoy the service they provide.

now, what I see as a more vulnerable thing for community is tzepuism (or manuelism if you wish). you know what I mean by that =) this is the real reason why prices skyrocket and the only winner is the hardcore reseller who cashes out what we depo which makes us the losers. how to prevent that? well, difficult but possible. but that's a very different topic and needs a separate thread for that.

please, continue.

J.

Sure nice Adds for Entropia but do you think the plus in joy is worth so much and that 20K$ a month is not noticable by lesser in loot? Or can you explain where else it would come from?

Jon "NEVERDIE" Jacobs is a real personality in the Entropia Universe, which is a virtual world. Stuff Magazine listed him in their "Top 30 Under 30" list.

He has become a real millionaire by purchasing an asteroid in the Entropia Universe in 2005 for $100,000 and building a nightclub, Club NEVERDIE on said asteroid. The club is now the #1 virtual destination hot spot and brings in an average income of $20,000 per month for him!

If you're confused, join the club but we'll get to the bottom of it!

And remeber that this is only one Investor, ok maybe the one with the
biggest pay check each month but I bet all the others take out at least the same amount. This would be something like 13K Ped going out of EU each day(would be a very nice HoF of a average day taken out of EU), not counting all the other people who leave EU and cash out and not counting the persons who are only in EU to resell and withdraw peds.

Once again:

When was the last time you saw anyone of them, Deathifier or Neverdie or Anshe or ... , global in hunting, crafting or mining? I think they only global today in withdrawing and there they make regularly a ATH or two each month.

I still not see where the equotation is wrong:

Money deposited and spent in EU - Money for MA - Money withdrawn from EU = Money available in Loot

MA needs at least the money they spend each month so this is more or less fix.

So the more money is withdrawn the lesser will be available for loot.

Or lesser Money spent on taxable areas more money available in loot again.

According to the Statement of Neverdie he gets around 20K$ a month from his CND. So I guess that my number of 20'000 US$ a month for all the other LA owners including Deathifier with TI and all Mall owners etc. is not too high. -> 1333 US$ each day or 13333 Peds

So we could have around 10 to 20 HoF more a day or 300 to 600 happier player each month......

Last edited:
And remeber that this is only one Investor, ok maybe the one with the
biggest pay check each month but I bet all the others take out at least the same amount. This would be something like 13K Ped going out of EU each day(would be a very nice HoF of a average day taken out of EU), not counting all the other people who leave EU and cash out and not counting the persons who are only in EU to resell and withdraw peds.

Once again:

When was the last time you saw anyone of them, Deathifier or Neverdie or Anshe or ... , global in hunting, crafting or mining? I think they only global today in withdrawing and there they make regularly a ATH or two each month.

Neverdie globaled not very long ago, last week or so. 2 or 3 times ;) probably on CND ;) :D

I still not see where the equotation is wrong:

Money deposited and spent in EU - Money for MA - Money withdrawn from EU = Money available in Loot

I dunno I guess its my fault but isnt it more like that the LA owners get their income from people spending money on their Land by hunting / mining ("taxes"). So that, if nobody would hunt on CND anymore (for example) there would be no "cashout" for a certain well-known celebrity? Sounds more logical to me.

I cant see how the money that those "investors" get by players paying taxes on their land is missing in any "loot-pool" or whatever. They just get a share of what people spend anyway??

Please correct me if I am wrong.

The amount of ped they take out of the game is not as high as it may feel compared to the investment and risk and also the number of players that use theyr services. They do a good job, and if you don't like them, don't pay them. Is simple. The loot on CND can go to CND owner if people do things there. If they do things there, they are happy. And they are ok with paying for his service.
The eficiency in EU is not about taxed LA's. Many of them involve so much work and costs that is a payn to hav ethem, as I read on some threads.

Interesting discussion. :) I have a couple questions:

Has anyone tried methodically to figure out what the chances of profiting while hunting on taxed versus non-taxed land is? It seems that the allure is possibly that you stand a better chance of getting good loot if you're willing to pay the tax. Anybody know?

In regard to knowing how to reliably profit in hunting, mining, or crafting, I can't help but think that if the secret became common knowledge and, thus, widely exploited, then it would soon be changed, since I doubt MA's financial realities would support a large percentage of players profiting on the basic professions.

I also note that in that example pages back that gave hard numbers that the final profit depended on current market price for the commodity looted. I suspect that that is the only way profit would ever be reliably made. Has anyone ever made a credible claim that they know how to profit by just TTing the loot? I don't think I remember one in the whole time I've been on forum, nearing two years.

Pham, shut the hell up.

If you had followed the same advice that you have been giving us for years and learned to adapt when the system changed then you wouldn’t have had these losses.

You used to sit in CP and kill Aurli all day long and make a profit consistently because you were on of the few that could kill them. Now that so many people have skilled up and gone to CP and other places that you hunt you cant make a profit there like you used to.

Remember your advice? "...Other hunters are your biggest competitors" "...don’t hunt what everyone else is hunting" etc

Your problem is that you got so used to the easy profits that you failed to adapt to the changes. You failed to find new methods of hunting profitably.

Now that your easy money is gone, it is clear that you have turned into a bitter person who is very anti EU... the fact that you mainly socialize with a group of very ant-EU people probably does not help your attitude either. In any walk of life, you are the average of your 5 closest friends and this applies in the EU as well.

Pham, just about one month ago you got your check from MA for your withdrawal of 700,000 PED ($70,000) and this is after years of listening to you brag about your profitable hunts without depositing. NAME ONE OTHER PLACE WHERE YOU CAN PLAY A VIDEO GAME AND MAKE $70,000 USD.

to readers:
Please keep in mind, that posts of any person who holds any significant wealth in EU *will* be biased towards keeping the status quo and thier wealth growing. Dont let yourself get tricked!
A year ago i would have held same defensive position towards EU&MA because i wanted two things: people paying more and more for the uber gear and skills getting more and more expensive, as i had pretty returns from hunting untill i started to rant too often and loud about PED not being backed up by cash, loots being rigged and general inclination of gameplay more towards milking teh noob, discarding them and making it harder to get and to keep the vetaran status because well, the vets are demanding customers. Then i started to get paid with pretty different coin :p. Which made me believe stronger in things i kept saying.
NO land/shop/mall/hangar etc owner would say a word against MA and their actions on changing the rules in the game, because they afraid of losing their incomes or *god forbid* investments.
They WILL push their opinion that EU is "not a game" and that losing much there "is ok, because you could win as much!". But its only playing with words because we all know, EU is a video game, and how much the online videogames cost now. In most, customers pay less than $15/mo. They are cheap, and people with "investment" attitude (read: gold buyers/sellers for cash) get kicked out of there on regular basis, if the service provider cares about that, because they ruin others gameplay.

Reactions: 711
Pham, shut the hell up.

If you had followed the same advice that you have been giving us for years and learned to adapt when the system changed then you wouldn’t have had these losses.
Well, the system has turned to be far beyond my DESIRE to adapt. I dont want to be IG for 12 hours straight anymore because 1) I did that before for long time and not its all boring and 2) Fuck, i lost 3 years of RL there, now i want some too!
You used to sit in CP and kill Aurli all day long and make a profit consistently because you were on of the few that could kill them. Now that so many people have skilled up and gone to CP and other places that you hunt you cant make a profit there like you used to.

Remember your advice? "...Other hunters are your biggest competitors" "...don’t hunt what everyone else is hunting" etc
Yep, thats true. Few changes made to PE i dearly hate include: armor decay change (making the decay per-protection), random fractional damage and SIB weapons which all together made it impossible to find a "safe" mob which a 200 HP hunter with mod fap can hunt easily while a 150 HP hunter with ek-2600 cannot. The current sutuation when everyone but counted few are crammed into very narrow range of mobs surely does not help profiting.
Your problem is that you got so used to the easy profits that you failed to adapt to the changes. You failed to find new methods of hunting profitably.
Can you tell me why the hell, i must adapt to changes in the game rules ma makes on its own whim, without giving a warning or open discussion with customers ?! we what, ASKED for the loot change, for the skills nerfs or auction taxes ?! And i hate when it gets presented with intonation like "its all done for YOU, for YOUR better EU experience! YOU hand been *asking* for it! SO PLZ STFU and be happy!".

Now that your easy money is gone, it is clear that you have turned into a bitter person who is very anti EU... the fact that you mainly socialize with a group of very ant-EU people probably does not help your attitude either. In any walk of life, you are the average of your 5 closest friends and this applies in the EU as well.

Pham, just about one month ago you got your check from MA for your withdrawal of 700,000 PED ($70,000) and this is after years of listening to you brag about your profitable hunts without depositing. NAME ONE OTHER PLACE WHERE YOU CAN PLAY A VIDEO GAME AND MAKE $70,000 USD.
In fact, my luck gone in spring of 2006, after i looted than imp doa (which i think was DESERVED after 1.5 years of camping CP without a leave!). I wish i rather have not looted it. The things turned to be pear-shaped to me *immediately* (well, perhaps my rants about ped turn around in PE and the PED not being backed by the RL cash reserves played their role too) and gave me very convincing impression that ALL the loots in EU are rigged.
The people who make me a company on the IRC are very nice and helpful. Without their support and not very sophisticated sense of humor, which kept my mood up for those 3.5 years i would have turned from PE long before than when it happened. YOU are brainwashed into thinging that they are anti-PE. In fact, most of them are mad about fair-play, game rules and very anti-nerf and rich-f4gs :p.
As for your concerns about the money i withdrew, most of them made because of insane inflation made by few overconfident people who silly agree paying a price of RL car for pixels which in addition are not their (by the word or eula). And the items were sold because of my fear that ma has gone too far with the nerfs and its just too dangerous to keep anything of value here.
I was hoping that i was wrong, but apparently im not.

Well, the system has turned to be far beyond my DESIRE to adapt. I dont want to be IG for 12 hours straight anymore because 1) I did that before for long time and not its all boring and 2) Fuck, i lost 3 years of RL there, now i want some too!

Well if you don’t want to adapt then just STFU, quit the game and stop being a whining little bitch about it. YOU WALKED AWAY WITH $70,000 USD

Yep, thats true. Few changes made to PE i dearly hate include: armor decay change (making the decay per-protection), random fractional damage and SIB weapons which all together made it impossible to find a "safe" mob which a 200 HP hunter with mod fap can hunt easily while a 150 HP hunter with ek-2600 cannot. The current sutuation when everyone but counted few are crammed into very narrow range of mobs surely does not help profiting.

Oh, cry me a river. The poor little uber isn’t being spoon-fed profits anymore...poor little baby.

Can you tell me why the hell, i must adapt to changes in the game rules ma makes on its own whim, without giving a warning or open discussion with customers ?! we what, ASKED for the loot change, for the skills nerfs or auction taxes ?! And i hate when it gets presented with intonation like "its all done for YOU, for YOUR better EU experience! YOU hand been *asking* for it! SO PLZ STFU and be happy!".

Well, you don’t have to adapt to changes, you can just quit the game if it’s too hard for you to figure out. For years people have complained about how slanted this game is to the uber skilled.

In fact, my luck gone in spring of 2006, after i looted than imp doa (which i think was DESERVED after 1.5 years of camping CP without a leave!). I wish i rather have not looted it. The things turned to be pear-shaped to me *immediately* (well, perhaps my rants about ped turn around in PE and the PED not being backed by the RL cash reserves played their role too) and gave me very convincing impression that ALL the loots in EU are rigged.

Well Pham, I am sorry that Mind Ark canceled your welfare check.

The people who make me a company on the IRC are very nice and helpful. Without their support and not very sophisticated sense of humor, which kept my mood up for those 3.5 years i would have turned from PE long before than when it happened. YOU are brainwashed into thinging that they are anti-PE. In fact, most of them are mad about fair-play, game rules and very anti-nerf and rich-f4gs :p.

Brainwashed? LOL! By who?

BTW, a "sophisticated sense of humor" is a matter of opinion. I don’t think that you or them are going to find many sympathetic shoulders to cry on about your complaints regarding the introduction of fair play.

Oh, and since when does having a lot of money in real life make you a "rich-fag" It seems that your entitlement mentality is really showing because right now you are no different from the Noobs who walk into PA expecting a free handout from MA or from other players. For years you got a welfare check in this game and now it has been canceled. WAKE UP. You sold out and apparently quit the game, time to leave! If you want to stick around then do it, but now you will have to apply your brain to figuring out how to profit like the rest of us have to do.

As for your concerns about the money i withdrew, most of them made because of insane inflation made by few overconfident people who silly agree paying a price of RL car for pixels which in addition are not their (by the word or eula). And the items were sold because of my fear that ma has gone too far with the nerfs and its just too dangerous to keep anything of value here.
I was hoping that i was wrong, but apparently im not.

Well those pixels just earned you a lot of money and maybe those pixels aren’t so silly considering that you walked away with $70,000 USD that you would not have had otherwise. These hints of doom and gloom are unfounded and off target, they are echoes of the same predictions that have been made for years. What makes you think that if it comes from your mouth it has more consequence then when it came from other people?

For years MA has spoon-fed a select few people in this game and by doing so they have pissed off the entire player base. Now that the spoon-feeding is over and lower skilled players have a chance at the nice loots we will see more noobs turn into mid-level players and we will see more mid-level players turning into uber players. Those who wish to hunt profitably will have to apply themselves to figuring out the ever-changing dynamics of this game.

Last edited:
Status
Back