Question: A new PVP Balence For Rig PVP. New Standards needed?

Agree to these terms?

• Yes: i agree, might be fun to have some kind of balence

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • No: I skilled up, payed up, the oil is mine.

Votes: 43 40.6%
  • PVP is that like trading?

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Think you have another openion? click here and post below.

Votes: 14 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Again, you are showing you dont know anything about how is the PVP now..

As example Ermik.. He killed me manytimes in martial armor with lr59 ? I was in full infi with serpentis. So skill matter and you dont need uber money to buy uber gear to be able to compete :)

And again i doubt you can kill me in any other FPS game as im still playing at competitive level and even its little money im still paid for it :) .
( If you want to test your skill and dont want to instal any game, PM me and we can do a duel in Quake Live which is for free and playable through your web browser )

ps: Ermik just got lucky everyone knows that he dont stand a chance against my uber skill :p

LOL the flukes happen regardless of skill. i beleive ya Ermik got lucky lol.

To be honest its been forever sence i pvped FPS, sense halo 2 came out. damn its been a while. might be fun.

i think at some point i am gonna stand in frount of some bristlehogs for a few days nakkid. :D

There are other newbs around the rig most of the time. You can kill them.

If it's unarmored pvp you really want, go to the octagons. Most of the time people don't wear armor in there.

But I'm thinking it's not really more equal pvp you want, but like so many other whine threads, you are ultimately looking for free money.

LOL the flukes happen regardless of skill. i beleive ya Ermik got lucky lol.

To be honest its been forever sence i pvped FPS, sense halo 2 came out. damn its been a while. might be fun.

i think at some point i am gonna stand in frount of some bristlehogs for a few days nakkid. :D

Another thing you dont know, dodge dont mean nothing at all in PVP

As example Ermik.. He killed me manytimes in martial armor with lr59 ? I was in full infi with serpentis. So skill matter and you dont need uber money to buy uber gear to be able to compete :)

ps: Ermik just got lucky everyone knows that he dont stand a chance against my uber skill :p

:D

still using martial but moved up to al26 now :p

bring it on mate :)

cheers

ermik

There are other newbs around the rig most of the time. You can kill them.

If it's unarmored pvp you really want, go to the octagons. Most of the time people don't wear armor in there.

But I'm thinking it's not really more equal pvp you want, but like so many other whine threads, you are ultimately looking for free money.

Naw fuck that. i dont care if it is oil or sweat bottles.

I want equal PVP in objective mode settings. such as the rig. sure hitting up on the objective would be nice. Free money naw fuck that. if i walk up to free money in a pvp zone and i am noob cloths please shoot me.

But if i want to put up a fight, shoot me still. but i want a shoot out not a one sided bloodbath.

Octogons, small space, no reason to even go in. unless its..... organized, like boxing or, pre determined weapons, other than that no real point other than skill gain, no team play really.

As with the rig. even things out a lil and make it somewhat fun, run in for team tactics on a small scale.

As far as wanting a hand out naw not me. i would rather shell out and get the skills and gear. and play your way. But wanting fun thats a little less costly? you guys have to tone it down a little to make it more affordable for everyone else..

Just my openion. clearly i am wrong.

And fuck no i am not whining about this. if someone comes whining to me you know the 1st thing i tell em.....

"dude they paid to play that way. is there options to make it better probly, is that going to fly with them.. most likely not. but they do have senoirity over you, in gear and skill." If they keep on. they dont get it.

So when i say dont bash me. i do understand both sides of the coin. really i do. i kow what kind of time and investment you riggers have put in. not from experiance of course. but i got a good idea.

All i am doing is starting a convosation by attacking what you are, how people perceive you to be, not completly my own veiws. i take a neutral stance in many areas.

Interesting after that last post i made. seems like no one has anything to say.

should i perhaps go somewhat Bi-polar, and pretend to noob it up some more and whine a little.

We all know tears fuel PVP Glory.

How about this.

PVP gear that decay doesnt go to MA but to a PVP loot pool. Keeping PVP loot in it own private loot pool. PVP without MA taxes?

OR drop your armor your choice.

Interesting after that last post i made. seems like no one has anything to say.

should i perhaps go somewhat Bi-polar, and pretend to noob it up some more and whine a little.

We all know tears fuel PVP Glory.

How about this.

PVP gear that decay doesnt go to MA but to a PVP loot pool. Keeping PVP loot in it own private loot pool. PVP without MA taxes?

OR drop your armor your choice.

Maybe nobody else posts because you are too noobish to be taken serious ?
Because the poll was biased ?
Because you have no idea about PvP on Calypso ?

I admit, I got none of it, but I know how much it would cost me and I know to stay out of those areas.
I have never been to the rig, simply not worth the effort to get there.

Well, i will post simply because I have seen you at the rig and I have let you live. Also the point that you included that the entire soc was guilty of this behavior. A couple of things you said rubbed me the wrong way.

First of all, you kept saying that the oil comes from the lootpool.. how do you know?
You also say that we arent playing enough to cover that and its a loss to everyone else who fills the loot pool. Are you fucking kidding me?!?!
I normally dont come to the rig untill ive lost ass for the day at hunting and mining and then I go stand at the rig out of boredom.
I dont stand there because I make money, cuz you dont. I stand there cuz it is quite frankly..."cheaper" fun than anywhere else in the game. So i may spend 100p of ammo plus decay and i pick up 60p of oil but its still better then bending over and letting MA fuck me in the ass with a 500p hunt while losing 300.
So dont tell me that i dont contribute to the lootpool, when you only see a minute fraction of time I spend in game.

Also, the sooner people realze that the rig is for fun AND Sweating is for the nooby gift of free money... the better things will be.

I dont have alot of money to spend in this game and I can only take so much of the !!!! MA dishes out. So the rig is what I have for fun. I dont appreciate the insinuation that we are all a bunch of spoiled rich fuckers show boating.:mad:

Today, Still wanted by the EU community,
They survive as soldiers of closure,
If you have a problem...
If no one else can help...

And if u can find them...

Maybe you can hire... The Rig Closers!

Dan danana, Da DA daaa, Da nananananna, Daa, dana na, naaa

If you have a problem...

LOL they were a joke

kinda like this thread is sorta.

If you have a problem...

Lol! I think I will take my chances of trying to get BA on an airplane from 1972 before calling RC.
Anyone have the Ateams number?
:laugh:

Well, i will post simply because I have seen you at the rig and I have let you live. Also the point that you included that the entire soc was guilty of this behavior. A couple of things you said rubbed me the wrong way.

First of all, you kept saying that the oil comes from the lootpool.. how do you know?
You also say that we arent playing enough to cover that and its a loss to everyone else who fills the loot pool. Are you fucking kidding me?!?!
I normally dont come to the rig untill ive lost ass for the day at hunting and mining and then I go stand at the rig out of boredom.
I dont stand there because I make money, cuz you dont. I stand there cuz it is quite frankly..."cheaper" fun than anywhere else in the game. So i may spend 100p of ammo plus decay and i pick up 60p of oil but its still better then bending over and letting MA fuck me in the ass with a 500p hunt while losing 300.
So dont tell me that i dont contribute to the lootpool, when you only see a minute fraction of time I spend in game.

Also, the sooner people realze that the rig is for fun AND Sweating is for the nooby gift of free money... the better things will be.

I dont have alot of money to spend in this game and I can only take so much of the !!!! MA dishes out. So the rig is what I have for fun. I dont appreciate the insinuation that we are all a bunch of spoiled rich fuckers show boating.:mad:

Calm down compose yourself. relax a bit :D

this thread is set up to attack pvpers, right now you have whined at what i said." really the only person to do so" are you sure you should be PVPing? can you handle yourself like a soldier?

This thread is a giant mind fuck to you guys to encourage you to think of other good pvp options for everyone else.

Oh and BTW i dont know if the oil comes from loot pool. tbh. it might be a gift from MA's revinues. then again could be tied to loot pool we have no idea.

Only Marco knows.

Dont take me too seriously, and my insults are in jest only. if you are offended let me know am i will edit it out. unless it is funny or something.

Belittling the mid level player, the heart and soul of this game is not means of motivation imo. :)

Hahaha.

The oil dropped is just a drop in the ocean what is spent there by the pkers in ammo and decay.

Rig will never be fair unless you have to use a special weapon/fap that only works in there and that everyone entering will get 150hp no matter how many skills.

Hahaha.

The oil dropped is just a drop in the ocean what is spent there by the pkers in ammo and decay.

Rig will never be fair unless you have to use a special weapon/fap that only works in there and that everyone entering will get 150hp no matter how many skills.

interesting.

could it be possible to regulate the costs at all to make it cheeper? and include more people? drop the overpowered armor and the costs go down, does it not? more people to kill more added to the loot pool. perhaps more to the oil drops, who knows.

hehehe

Oh really. then explain to me why no one really goes there, they have no challenge.

I think your defending the fact that you have something to gain over this. so your biased. you dont want competion do you. tell the truth :D

I know you want to feel some real excitment, some real pvp. or you just there for the share of oil?

Your whole society is guilty of this. not that i hate you guys. i am just saying. you afraid someone is going to take you out and perhaps get the oil? so you guys cant watch the rig 1 by 1. making profit? becouse you guys just sit there and chat for the most part. until that timer goes off and its pop pop fizzle fizz anyone near the rig that dont back up.
BA had to kill loads of people trying to get oil for weeks after oil rig reopened.. just to make majority of others give up..
Skill up, gear up and try same.. for successful solo dominance you would need to get close to Star levels though..

BA had to kill loads of people trying to get oil for weeks after oil rig reopened.. just to make majority of others give up..
Skill up, gear up and try same.. for successful solo dominance you would need to get close to Star levels though..

Why try for solo Rig dominance? Will the same thing happen that happens now? No competion?

What if 2 star level players, took 12 hour shifts and harrassed Black Angels for control, non stop until they went Broke IRL, in their attempts to maintain control?

would the disscussion then be "Is the cost of PVP in fact too high? for everyone? Will there be a rally cry for cheeper pvp with some balence?

I do agree that money buys power and further fortune, but from a gameplay stand point. Could this peridigm of may the player with the best resourses win, be unbalenced?

There is two things to point out here.

1: Money is power, and time is senoirity.

2: Game play and balence, or "balance" for people that prefer correct spellings

We live only in paridigm 1

under gameplay and balance however, it is not so much raw power, but innate skill. By placeing some restrictions on certain things, say armor.

With armor restrictions, it would take less ammo burn to kill another player, so downgrading weaponry would be common, and with the rate of decay playing without armor, and using lowered weapons. it would increase pvp as a whole.

I would prefer there be no oil that drops, personally. and this be just a pvp zone with this kind of fun to it. but the oil itself is what drives players to focus efforts to a goal.

Think of it like most PVPers are Nations with nukes. The Nukes do alot of damage it has been shown to be true, and cost alot of money to make and maintain. To top it off not every nation can afford the investments made into them or just not interested in the aspect of owning them. So you have just a few Nations with them, and guess what.

The nations with the nukes often hold power without a fight. In regards to the Black Angels they are NATO..... Small skirmishes, here and there. But no competition. with the click of a button boom death.

But without the Nukes, The world would slip into chaos, and War will be waged on a massive scale, but more on a personal level. Infantry, planes, tanks, mortars, landmines, but no instant kill button to end it all.

And well PVP is warfare, we all want warfare, its fun when it isnt real ya know. Get rid of the costs and it will be more fun for all.

Just something to think about.

Last edited:
Better solution
:scratch2:
Get rid of the oil rigg
end PVP altogether.
turn the land over to
peaceful civilization building pursuits
like baseball, farming, skatboarding,
:thumbup: :cool: :thumbup:

Better solution
:scratch2:
Get rid of the oil rigg
end PVP altogether.
turn the land over to
peaceful civilization building pursuits
like baseball, farming, skatboarding,
:thumbup: :cool: :thumbup:

I like you :D

but this thread isnt for carebears.

problem is , your point is like saying , all you guys who skilled up to be able to pvp pretty decent , lets nerf you.

how should people respond to that?

Gear and skills will always be a factor in pvp , and like everything else in EU its based on either cash invested or time invested in this game , mostly its a combination of both.

Play a few years , skill up , walk the same road as the rest of us , after that you may have opinions on changes that would affect alot of peoples hard work.

do you even have a clue the amount of hunting needed with freaking low dps lr32(L) it takes to naturally skill to combat sense?

play the game before you want to change it.

if you want same conditions go to twin ring with a friend of same level as you.

cheers

ermik

I do think that its a well deserved right of the strongest to reap in the benefits.

But also I do think there are quite not enough options in nearly every venue of pastimes available.
There should be more and different PvP pastimes than just the oil rig, the landgrab and the lootable PvP zones.

This was taken care of with the PvP events available in the event system... which is not ready yet.
But this system was too limited, one should be able to define gear more precisely, then players could create events by themselves the way you desire it Lorespade.

I really hope the new event/quest system will allow for more interesting happenings.
Myself I would love to be able to play chess in EU.

But to try and tweak the systems in place won't really solve much I believe.

In my opinion the oil rig system is fine the way it is. I compare it to the final scene on the movie Wargames. (Great movie btw if you haven't seen it...)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHWjlCaIrQo[/YOUTUBE]

Making PED at the oil rig is only possible in times of peace. The true brilliance of this is that, like in the real world, there are many ways to achieve this. Its our own little version of EU politics. You could go the communism route and all share the oil. Although communism usually leads to someone deciding to take power and claiming it for themselves. (Dictatorship) Then someone will get fed up being left out and try to stage a coup d'etat usually burning a reasonable amount of ammo. Eventually a group of like minded pvpers will band together and share amongst their ranks. (Oligarchy) Then another group of similar leveled pvpers will attempt to invade the rig leading to even more ammo burned. Finally societies are created bringing numerous groups of pvpers under an established hierarchy. (Republic) Then these societies fight against one another for control. Finally groups of societies form alliances and burn small fortunes in ammo fighting other alliances over a finite amount of oil. (Democracy)

Now as you have mentioned you do see a lot of standing around... Well its usually because most people don't want to set off WWIII. Really the rig at this point is only profitable for the few lucky players who manage to sneak up and steal some for themselves and those who play the political system correctly. Ermik is my Obama. :lolup:

I'm not saying the oil rig pvp is perfect, but I do enjoy it and MA/FPC is constantly making it easier for new people to get involved without spending the equivalent of a small car for uber gear. Heck the stuff I've bought which allows me to compete with really skilled pvpers only costs a fraction of what it used to allow you to participate.

Here are a few things I personally would like to see implemented: (Not necessarily at the existing rig)

• Multiple Spawn Points for Oil
  • King of the Hill like system (Oil drops after team holds rig for certain amount of time)
  • Notification that oil has dropped (Oil shoots out of the top)
  • Conveyor Belt that drops small amounts of oil (Causes you to have to be constantly on the move)
  • Capture the Flag like system (Oil "Flag" drops at random location and must be returned to the rig for Oil to Spawn)
Anyways just some crazy ideas I've thought of and insane political connections. :D
/Napo

ive been at rig recently and i seen ppl shoot with star(L) rifle and no drop of oil for 2-3hours. And we were a group there so any take would been shown.

For those just looking at the thread. a star(L) rifle cost over 15ped per shot minimum isnt? So im i really doubt being a PK'er is profitable but it does help their HOF/ATH CHANCE, still to be proven tho :)

Okeyy....I have seen single pkers spend up to 1000ped on a single day. With the introduction of the limited armors, and then the higher damage guns. MA made pvp a lot more expensive.

I would rather have kept the vigi days, but that's because I have low skills and can not use more then lr59.

No armors now, Would mean most people getting killed in one or 2 shots(lr66 +pro900 does 189 damage max, without crit) as opposed to 2-4 shots like it is now. If you max a lr63 and amp it, you can kill anyone of the "usual" oil crew. I think I can say that nobody using a limited pk armor (like infi/hermes) profit from the rig.
And now the rig is just one lesser tp away (15-16pec) so you can go back a 100 times for less then 20 ped.. Don't tell me the pkers spend less then that killing you 100 times ..

If all money spent on pk there actually went to the oil, I think it would have dropped a lot more oils.

And don't forget the insane markup on many pk items that regular hunters can sell.

Hey Ermik.

And what if it gets changed like you want it, and everybody has a chance. Theres one guy who turns out to be the god of PK, and its not you. Don´t you think you would write another post that discusses the importance of good items in PvP?

Its all about pubic hair! Yes!

Hey Ermik.

And what if it gets changed like you want it, and everybody has a chance. Theres one guy who turns out to be the god of PK, and its not you. Don´t you think you would write another post that discusses the importance of good items in PvP?

Its all about pubic hair! Yes!

youre confusing me with the OP , read post again please.

cheers

ermik

Well lets just get one thing onto a differnt path.

There is PVE, and PVP.

Everyone is going off PVE to PVP.

There is no PVP skill set, it is all dependant on PVE to much. This is where the problem is.

There is Items designed for PVP but also have a good amount of PVE involved in it.

The progression on PVE gear is up to the highest levels.

PVPwise there is not close to any system in place, to make PVP its own branch of profession. as it is to closely tied to PVE.

What the fuck does oil have to do with PVP? its a PVE item.

sure alot of combat oreinted skills can be applyed to pvp, but as far as a branch of PVP only skills, there is none.

now if there was a way to make a highly skilled and well funded PVE based player compete on even footed PVP based player with PVP skills that would be fine. but their needs to be a way that allows people to progress into PVP that has a purpose, instead of the PVP we have now which to be honest has no purpose. you kill someone you get nothing.

in lootable zones you get what they had on them, but what if there was a system that made all players lootable, but they were tied into a loot system, where this loot system rewards players with PVP items and skills. that can be built up and sold.

Branching off of the PVE mindset of the way you guys think into a hard core PVP investment branch. that ties PVP only to PVE. and both high level PVE players and mid level PVP players can compete on same terms, as one has bankroll, but other has skills.

So in the long run players with a better bank roll will always come out on top, but there is a smaller bracket of top end progression. so more people can participate on a even feild.

This is the point i am getting at.

PVP skills need to be seperated slightly from PVE progression.

With a real PVP based economy established.

And a seperated game system loot pool, for PVP.

This will lead to a better balance dynamic to pvp, and will make it cheeper, yet cost the same as now.

Back