Question: A new PVP Balence For Rig PVP. New Standards needed?

Agree to these terms?

• Yes: i agree, might be fun to have some kind of balence

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • No: I skilled up, payed up, the oil is mine.

Votes: 43 40.6%
  • PVP is that like trading?

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Think you have another openion? click here and post below.

Votes: 14 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh really. then explain to me why no one really goes there, they have no challenge.

I think your defending the fact that you have something to gain over this. so your biased. you dont want competion do you. tell the truth :D

I know you want to feel some real excitment, some real pvp. or you just there for the share of oil?

Your whole society is guilty of this. not that i hate you guys. i am just saying. you afraid someone is going to take you out and perhaps get the oil? so you guys cant watch the rig 1 by 1. making profit? becouse you guys just sit there and chat for the most part. until that timer goes off and its pop pop fizzle fizz anyone near the rig that dont back up.

went there. fought 20min with 2 people (pk gear lr65/66). spent 30ped on ammo only. Add decay and double this sum.Died quite a lot but kept going back. They gave up and left.
Camped rig more or less alone for 4h (in the end shared with random person who helped me kill time by chatting). Got 80ped oil.
In the really end people started showing up again-shot away 35ped of ammo just to have fun (+add decay*markup) and left.Big math question now: Did I profit after 4h there?
It was "night time" for majority of players...
if u see people shooting there 99% of them aint profiting..

Last edited:
OP is a troll. all they need to do is make is so you need more skill in using a mouse and keyboard. instead of paying money to be cool.
Try playing Natural Selection.

I respect your opinion and veiws on this matter OP, but it costs them much more than 10ped every 10-15mins on average to pick up said oil. The thing about the rig is, it is just a gold mine for MA/FPC. There is much more decay being put into their coffers than is coming out in oil.

If you don't like being killed there, then don't go. If you want some oil, get TT EnMatt gear and fly around the place. Want to kill them? Shove a bunch of money into the game, eat chips, buy guns & armour and have fun.

And despite what you may think, their dodge skills don't do much for them out there. Barely any of the hits will miss because of the Hit ability of the people shooting them and vice versa.

It's an ok idea, but I can only seeing it happening in a player made event on a LA or Billy's Ring.

By the way above poster, he aint a troll, you havn't seen a troll.

This thread is so stupid. We are not playing an off the shelf game here. This is Entropia, it has a real cash economy. It is designed so that in order for you to progress you either have to spend time or money. I prefer to spend money since I have to spend my other time working for the money I deposit.

I to be honest have no sympathy for people like lores, some people just get on and accept that it will be a few years before they have the skills to go to the oil rig and some just whine about it. I have a friend who is from romania and he has played for about 4 years, he has not deposited over $300 in his entire time playing EU and he is now about lvl 62 hit and dmg.

The game doesnt need to change, you just need to learn how to play the game.

and no I do not profit from collecting oil at the rig, the only time I profit is if I dont have to shoot anyone, which isnt very often. The old rig in VU9 was a bit more profitable, but now the rig is to easy to get to. Also, most of the time, uber players do not go to the rig, most of the time you will find mid to low lvl players there in groups.

and no I do not profit from collecting oil at the rig, the only time I profit is if I dont have to shoot anyone, which isnt very often. The old rig in VU9 was a bit more profitable, but now the rig is to easy to get to. Also, most of the time, uber players do not go to the rig, most of the time you will find mid to low lvl players there in groups.

I loved the Pre VU10 oil rig. It was my favorite thing in Entropia on Planet Calypso. I ran there several times a day and people killed me sometimes. After a week of doing this, I actually earned a little rep (I think?) and was able to stand around for a while.

But no, these days the Rig is your general tourist attraction literally ANYONE can go and see. The old Rig probably brought in a bit more for MA/FPC with the load of big trox surrounding the place instead of the lone trox or spider. And people would TP to the rig when they died. It would have put in a nice bit of Decay for the 2 or 3 jumps people did.

And still, after 67 posts in this thread, Oil rig closing is about one thing and one thing only.
You do it because you can! Or die trying... ;)

Spade,

I agree with what you are trying to say. But If MA were to do this it would need to be a whole different pvp area separate to the rig, pvp4..etc to leave those ubers alone. I think it would be awesome to have a FPS skill biased pvp area without armor for people like you and I (maybe the underground plan that someone suggested) and even hold society or team events like capture the flag, extermination.. etc.

And yes i believe EU's pvp needs additional features such as different damage done to parts of body, like headshots! and also crouching would be nice (for the ol teabag ;)) But hey, sadly this is Entropia where skill and power takes over :( But one time at the rig it took an uber a full 4 minutes to hit me with a single shot because of my zig-zaging and jumping skills :D He missed so much shots :wtg: An uber is just someone with uber gear most of which do not have any FPS skills. If more FPS features were added to the game, then FPS gamers would have a better chance fighting. Which is what player vs player is all about isnt it?

M.

well the original purpose was 4 new players starters 2 be able 2 get some peds besides sweating..

dont c any new off the boat guys getting a break..

think we should have more things 4 the new guys 2 come in..

and be able 2 get 2 know the game and get some stuff at start so maybe a 2nd oil rig with level resricting areas be am idea..:D

People spent years and $ to get to the level where they can sit at the rig and "close" it, yet u wanna be able to compete with them after how many mths u been playing now? Ive been playin 3.5yrs and still i dont bother trying to compete out at the rig, mainly coz i dont have the $$ to do so, deal with it, its never going to change no matter how many lame whiny threads u make.

well the original purpose was 4 new players starters 2 be able 2 get some peds besides sweating..

dont c any new off the boat guys getting a break..
rig closers are bunch of new off the shelf players..:D:D

rig closers are bunch of new off the shelf players..:D:D

rofl...has anyone been "nice" and let them have anything other than free ammo? :D

Hi Lores :)

I can see that you've thought about this BUT ..
As has been said, I don't think you have the experience to make a good call on how the rig works.
To people who've invested in e.g. Eon and an ML-45, 10-15 PED every 15 minutes is nothing.
The system of no armour and cheap weapons that you mention does exist in EU - duelling 1v1 in the ring with Opalos, Determinations, EP-17MEs or any other weapon that you both agree on. Or 'anything goes' ofc ;)

In spite of how annoying they are, I think the Rig Closers (soc) are doing exactly what you say - they're using cheapo armours, Bravos, Justi Mk IIs, Determinations and similar weapons to join in at the rig. And they're doing it not with superior PEDcard balances but with teamwork.

Back