Question: A new PVP Balence For Rig PVP. New Standards needed?

Agree to these terms?

• Yes: i agree, might be fun to have some kind of balence

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • No: I skilled up, payed up, the oil is mine.

Votes: 43 40.6%
  • PVP is that like trading?

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Think you have another openion? click here and post below.

Votes: 14 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lorespade

Prowler
Society
Diabolical Dominion
Spade Lores Indigo
I might be missing out on these 30 min fights at the rig. It seems to me when i go down there it is the same people dayin and day out standing waiting for the new spawn of oil.

The oil of course comes from the loot pool, and out of whose loot does the oil come from? The person camping the rig? Close to 10 PED perhaps more every 15 or so mins spawns there. I dont know exactly i only picked up the oil once. while someone was not paying any attention at all. Hell i didnt even get shot for it.

Player Vs. Player at the rig needs a balence, to have a group of well armored and well gunned players just hanging around it taking turns at the loot at the expence of the loot pool, becouse no one can compete with them on any level is just sick and discusting.

However they did earn the skills to do so, and payed the money to gear up to that level, that in essence sounds fair to me. But that still gives them a whole lot of advantages still yet.

What i am going to propose to this PVP community is quite simple. An offer to even the scores, keep your guns, lose the armor, and Limit yourselves to the TT Vivo. Your dodge should be high enough to deflect a good portion of the ammo flying at your heads. And your HP should be enough to absorb a few rounds also.

The oil at the rig will ruin your armor, and complex electronics, look at what happend to the radar. its shot all to hell now.

So in a nut shell.

Any Weapon
No Armor
TT Vivo

Rewarding players based on skill in PVP must be rewarded.

Rewarding players based on money, is a no go.

The oil comes out of the loot pool. everyones loot pool. and they are not pvping enough to make up for 10 ped every 15 mins.

With these restrictions in place it provides more competitive terms. A few lucky shots can change the name of the game. But taking those shots and standing there all slow and shit turning looking knowing you will not die becouse of over protection. Just sad.

You want PVP? Ditch the armor. slow fapping, i dont care if you can one shot me. I would just like to return the favor.

**Any taunts in any of these posts or sarcastic remarks are welcomed due to the nature of PVP "in my veiw at least", are welcomed and should not result in -rep by me at all. i expect the same in return. but no serious insults please.

** also please keep in mind this is only an idea, I do know how things work in regards to PVP in its current state, and understand the monetary sacrifices the players have made to become PVPers in the current state of PVP. That said this is not a I am whining post, i am only starting a discussion based on some various veiws of other people, to see how well the PVP community can hold its own in a battle of words, and ideals. Debate PVP if you will. edit made around page 4 of the thread.

Last edited:
this is an RCE , if you want fair start for all play CS , every round u restart with same weapon / money.

and no , 99 of 100 pk´r at rig dont make money from oil , they spend far more peds shooting than they gain from oil.

so them shooting actually contributes more to lootpool than oil costs that is taken out....

cheers

ermik

this is an RCE , if you want fair start for all play CS , every round u restart with same weapon / money.

and no , 99 of 100 pk´r at rig dont make money from oil , they spend far more peds shooting than they gain from oil.

so them shooting actually contributes more to lootpool than oil costs that is taken out....

cheers

ermik

Oh really. then explain to me why no one really goes there, they have no challenge.

I think your defending the fact that you have something to gain over this. so your biased. you dont want competion do you. tell the truth :D

I know you want to feel some real excitment, some real pvp. or you just there for the share of oil?

Your whole society is guilty of this. not that i hate you guys. i am just saying. you afraid someone is going to take you out and perhaps get the oil? so you guys cant watch the rig 1 by 1. making profit? becouse you guys just sit there and chat for the most part. until that timer goes off and its pop pop fizzle fizz anyone near the rig that dont back up.

Last edited:

cheers

ermik

What he said :)

People live in their imagination that PKrs are making living at oil rig :D

What he said :)

People live in their imagination that PKrs are making living at oil rig :D

hmmm. i am still finding this all hard to beleive guys. really i am. Yeah i can see that yeah PVP can increase the loot pool.

how about MA cuts the oil loot pool away from the rest of the loot pool then how much oil do you think will drop? Enough to pay for ammo?

I gave the option on the poll to come up with another way to balence it. think people think.

I might be missing out on these 30 min fights at the rig. It seems to me when i go down there it is the same people dayin and day out standing waiting for the new spawn of oil.

The oil of course comes from the loot pool, and out of whose loot does the oil come from? The person camping the rig? Close to 10 PED perhaps more every 15 or so mins spawns there. I dont know exactly i only picked up the oil once. while someone was not paying any attention at all. Hell i didnt even get shot for it.

Player Vs. Player at the rig needs a balence, to have a group of well armored and well gunned players just hanging around it taking turns at the loot at the expence of the loot pool, becouse no one can compete with them on any level is just sick and discusting.

However they did earn the skills to do so, and payed the money to gear up to that level, that in essence sounds fair to me. But that still gives them a whole lot of advantages still yet.

What i am going to propose to this PVP community is quite simple. An offer to even the scores, keep your guns, lose the armor, and Limit yourselves to the TT Vivo. Your dodge should be high enough to deflect a good portion of the ammo flying at your heads. And your HP should be enough to absorb a few rounds also.

The oil at the rig will ruin your armor, and complex electronics, look at what happend to the radar. its shot all to hell now.

So in a nut shell.

Any Weapon
No Armor
TT Vivo

Rewarding players based on skill in PVP must be rewarded.

Rewarding players based on money, is a no go.

The oil comes out of the loot pool. everyones loot pool. and they are not pvping enough to make up for 10 ped every 15 mins.

With these restrictions in place it provides more competitive terms. A few lucky shots can change the name of the game. But taking those shots and standing there all slow and shit turning looking knowing you will not die becouse of over protection. Just sad.

You want PVP? Ditch the armor. slow fapping, i dont care if you can one shot me. I would just like to return the favor.

at first I wanted to give -rep for the strange idea but then it made me laugh and now I think you just don`t have any idea what game you are playing... :D
I will never be able to stand any chance against a beta uber... however I learned to consider this to be part of the game and accept it. One day you will too... or just get shot :cool:

at first I wanted to give -rep for the strange idea but then it made me laugh and now I think you just don`t have any idea what game you are playing... :D
I will never be able to stand any chance against a beta uber... however I learned to consider this to be part of the game and accept it. One day you will too... or just get shot :cool:

Awe so you dont stand a chance vs. these guys?

Go ahead give me the negitive rep. even if their was a balence to pvp you wouldn't have the ability to compete. you dont stand a chance to becouse they are way to over powered. put them on the same playing feild as the rest of the population and you might just have a chance.

Thanks for Playing

We are looking for balence here people, my openion should not be the only one posted. if you have a better idea to make PVP better please post, if you want to defend the way it is now go right ahead also. I would rather deal with the "Beta Ubers" than someone who is fearful of them.

Oh i bet emick is at the rig right now.

and he is waiting for his oil yet he had time to post in the forums as the wait is long. lol

Is there truth to this statment lol. who knows?

* Neg rep Comment? no its not its only in jest. i had PM'ed Ermik, to lethim know i was only joking.

Last edited:
Taken from the news on 10/07/2009 (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mindark-news/166842-pr-participate-war-over-oil.html).
Enterprising players in Planet Calypso can make their way East of Fort Ares and try to collect some of the almost $9,000.00 USD a year of free oil being pumped out.

90,000 Ped a year > 246.57 Ped per day > 9.86 Ped per hour > so what? ;)

Sounds like the businessplan of some gnomes:

Step 1 > Collect underpants
Step 2
Step 3 > Profit

Have fun out there, Lophophoria

Oh really. then explain to me why no one really goes there, they have no challenge.

I think your defending the fact that you have something to gain over this. so your biased. you dont want competion do you. tell the truth :D

I know you want to feel some real excitment, some real pvp. or you just there for the share of oil?

Your whole society is guilty of this. not that i hate you guys. i am just saying. you afraid someone is going to take you out and perhaps get the oil? so you guys cant watch the rig 1 by 1. making profit? becouse you guys just sit there and chat for the most part. until that timer goes off and its pop pop fizzle fizz anyone near the rig that dont back up.

spend a few days there , whole days , and please look up the MU on lr63,65,66 and al26 , and the pro600,700,900 amps , and the infiltrator/hermes L armors.

then count shots fired when hell break loose, 3-5 ppl fighting for 5 minutes can easily spend a small fortune.

Oil drops about 35 ped / hour .... and mostly its a few guys sharing oil , so lets say u get 10-15 ped / hour if you close with some friends.

oil rig closing is not profit , unless you get very lucky, but long term id say no.

and its not about beeing afraid of ppl coming to take oil away , the best pkr´s in eu are already there on regular basis.

its always easy to judge without walking in someone elses shoes for a while ...

cheers

ermik

Oh i bet emick is at the rig right now.

and he is waiting for his oil yet he had time to post in the forums as the wait is long. lol

Is there truth to this statment lol. who knows?

im at work , not in eu ...

name is ermik , not emick btw.

cheers

ermik

My trips to the rig I don't remember seeing ubers there. Every now and then someone I consider uber shows up and majority of the time they kill off who was there camping just to see if they can do it. If I invested in infiltrator i might go there more but hard to take down a player in infil armor. As I see it I can run with the best out there I am just under armored do I blame them for that HELL NO! Do I want to equal to them NO! Thats what make the fight fun you don't know who will get that kill shot.

Ridiculous thread this is.

My trips to the rig I don't remember seeing ubers there. Every now and then someone I consider uber shows up and majority of the time they kill off who was there camping just to see if they can do it. If I invested in infiltrator i might go there more but hard to take down a player in infil armor. As I see it I can run with the best out there I am just under armored do I blame them for that HELL NO! Do I want to equal to them NO! Thats what make the fight fun you don't know who will get that kill shot.

Ridiculous thread this is.

Who says i am blaming them? i never even came close. lol

I am calling for brains to think of ways to improve PVP though. my idea means shit. what are your ideas to make pvp better?

That is the real point of this thread.

PvP is fine the way it is. It seems you want a way created to allow a noob to have a shot at killing uber. Or am I wrong?

Welcome to EU.

I suggest you play a little more before looking to redesign systems. Oil most certainly does NOT cover cost of a 2 min war let alone a 10 min one.

Yes lots of Freeloaders sit about with no armour on whinging when i 1 shot them. Almost ALL actual pKers i know that go there go there to have a little fun in war - not to collect oil, thats just the honey that attracts the nooby bees to get shot :)

There is already other threads dealing with how to make pvp better... with comments from people that actually know what theyre talking about. (see radar thread)

Most significant need for improvement is disabling hp bar clicking and removing the ability to shoot throught structures commonly known as wallhax :s

Who says i am blaming them? i never even came close. lol

I am calling for brains to think of ways to improve PVP though. my idea means shit. what are your ideas to make pvp better?

That is the real point of this thread.

The problem is that you never PKed, you dont have idea on what it takes to PK at oil rig.. But you want to improve it..

Isnt it somehow strange that you want to improve something you dont have an idea about ? :DDDD

PvP is fine the way it is. It seems you want a way created to allow a noob to have a shot at killing uber. Or am I wrong?

Yes very wrong. However.

PVP needs some form of balence, so that perhaps more players can participate, and feed the loot pool instead of just a select few. More people more loot pool.

Be they noob or uber. A noob sporting a opallo isnt gonna do shit. but a noob investing in a powerful rifle, i donno give him a chance might be fun. he will still get 1 shotted. and cute when he hits for 32 dmg becouse his skills suck ass.

But the point of the thread remains got an idea to make it better, in terms of participation. please feel free to hijack this thread. and i will take the best idea and post it where my shitty idea is on post #1.

The problem is that you never PKed, you dont have idea on what it takes to PK at oil rig.. But you want to improve it..

Isnt it somehow strange that you want to improve something you dont have an idea about ? :DDDD

the problem is mainly you think i have never PK'ed. I am a die hard fan of PVP. I love it in fact. One thing i have also learned. Gear does not make skill.

Although yeah we are dealing with a good amount of money. Guess what though.

Lose the armor PVP just got a hellova lot cheeper for everyone. so downgrade the gun to a better ammo burn, lowers the playing feild. More people can viably PVP so so economically.

And without the armor people will look so good in PK clothing imo.

dont assume I cant PVP. i will shove your head down a virtural toilet, in pvp settings. I just dont think it should cost that much to have fun.

Yes very wrong. However.

PVP needs some form of balence, so that perhaps more players can participate, and feed the loot pool instead of just a select few. More people more loot pool.

Be they noob or uber. A noob sporting a opallo isnt gonna do shit. but a noob investing in a powerful rifle, i donno give him a chance might be fun. he will still get 1 shotted. and cute when he hits for 32 dmg becouse his skills suck ass.

But the point of the thread remains got an idea to make it better, in terms of participation. please feel free to hijack this thread. and i will take the best idea and post it where my shitty idea is on post #1.

Anyone can participate, earn some skills or chip in and buy some gear. Cya at the rig.

Anyone can participate, earn some skills or chip in and buy some gear. Cya at the rig.

thats a cop out.

Drop the armor, and make it cheeper to pvp. that way skills matter more.

I will earn my skills required. but i wont play your too rich PVP game.

Being unemployable sucks. but i still get a VA check every month. and i cant put but a little in each month.

OR think of another way, other than shelling out way too much cash for a few mins of fun.

Everyone loves to bitch about costs in this game. Yet when the option stare right at them. they would rather swing money bags, and not go the cheeper way. BTW your sack has a hole in it.

maybe

maybe like, a second area, maybe an underground mine where some sort of crystal spawns - and because of the radiation or (some thing) armor/big faps are not effective.

That way, rig for pvp ubers, underground mine for everybody! :yay:

maybe like, a second area, maybe an underground mine where some sort of crystal spawns - and because of the radiation or (some thing) armor/big faps are not effective.

That way, rig for pvp ubers, underground mine for everybody! :yay:

Congrats the 1st original idea!!!!!!!

A new PVP area with restrictions.

+ REP

I see it as if the people who have dedicated enough time and money or just enough money are down there killing everyone, good on them I would be doing the same as them in there position.

The mine idea sounds good but i dont see it catching on with MA because it would give people who have not deposited or hardly deposited a chance to earn some money of the game easily enough if they organised something well planned.

However if they were to introduce something like that but keep the rig i would prefer it was more skill based for example everyone is given the same items to fight with / heal with would be alot better.

the problem is mainly you think i have never PK'ed. I am a die hard fan of PVP. I love it in fact. One thing i have also learned. Gear does not make skill.

Although yeah we are dealing with a good amount of money. Guess what though.

Lose the armor PVP just got a hellova lot cheeper for everyone. so downgrade the gun to a better ammo burn, lowers the playing feild. More people can viably PVP so so economically.

And without the armor people will look so good in PK clothing imo.

dont assume I cant PVP. i will shove your head down a virtural toilet, in pvp settings. I just dont think it should cost that much to have fun.

Haha, please we are not dealing with good amount of money.. Only when you want to have best armor.. You neeed money...

From my experience you dont need good armor at all until you have maxed lr66.. Why ? Because you need to make like 4-5 shots in a row to kill someone in infi + lr66 and when you make mistake you are dead and the armor will not save you.. So practicaly when you use lower gun then lr66 you dont need uber armor.

So, dont complain about the cost, you can start when you will have maxed lr66, and dunno why i have a feeling that it will take you few years :D

And i doubt you can kill me in PVP and only because i have already spent a lot of time at rig and in PVP4 and i have never met you :)

this is NOT the game you think it is if you think that there will be any BALANCE(you spelled it wrong like 6 times hard to take you seriously) this game is about money.
money buys power power holds the rig.
if you want fuzzy bunny land where we all have the same chance of killing each other, then this is not the game for you.
any other shooting games do not rely just on skill either, many offer rewards and special tools for unlocks, thus giving ubers even more uberness with which to whomp on yer ass.
want to make it more balanced? depo big and buy the gear the others have all bought.
or just accept that this is as good as yer gonna get from EU.

Haha, please we are not dealing with good amount of money.. Only when you want to have best armor.. You neeed money...

From my experience you dont need good armor at all until you have maxed lr66.. Why ? Because you need to make like 4-5 shots in a row to kill someone in infi + lr66 and when you make mistake you are dead and the armor will not save you.. So practicaly when you use lower gun then lr66 you dont need uber armor.

So, dont complain about the cost, you can start when you will have maxed lr66, and dunno why i have a feeling that it will take you few years :D

And i doubt you can kill me in PVP and only because i have already spent a lot of time at rig and in PVP4 and i have never met you :)

PVP i currently chose not to PVP in this game, lets get you killed in another game real fast. oh wait i have no other games right now. oh well.

But yeah keep the armor. at any rate. you put in the money. i guess you dont really want to go the cheeper route. figures. people that overinvest expect others to do the same to be at their level.

Its all good bro your earned it.

But remember this if you play around with fire you get burnt...... wait thats not it...

But remember this. Assume and it makes an ass u me... .hmmm. not it.

Remember this. Dont Share with everyone else (im talking about fun) then you lose out on everyone else.

Seriously i dont care about the oil. i just want a better system where pvp is more skill based than gear based. it promotes more fun over all.

Gear dont = skill man

So until you take off the gear and get on a more even playing feild. i think all you riggers are, Overcompensating for small packages.

Wanna get even? for the insult? even out my odds. take the gear off.

( dont take no offence this is in jest only)

Taunting skill increases to new rank

this is NOT the game you think it is if you think that there will be any BALANCE(you spelled it wrong like 6 times hard to take you seriously) this game is about money.
money buys power power holds the rig.
if you want fuzzy bunny land where we all have the same chance of killing each other, then this is not the game for you.
any other shooting games do not rely just on skill either, many offer rewards and special tools for unlocks, thus giving ubers even more uberness with which to whomp on yer ass.
want to make it more balanced? depo big and buy the gear the others have all bought.
or just accept that this is as good as yer gonna get from EU.

Awe sosorry i kant speal i moost bee stoopid......

thank though for correcting me. spelling is one of my weak points. its hard to use big words when ya cant spell em right.

But anyways.

Yeah you got a good point there bub. and i already stated, to everyone else,

Its cool to defend the priciples of " I skilled, i payed, its mine" I never once said i didn't like this fact. I just honestly think if the PVP loot pool can be improved by having more people involved. rather than just a few playing at all sorts of levels or a single level or even a teir'd level. pvp could be better.

Seems your more interested in bashing me, and my openion. only one person really made a sugestion. everyone else is defending a change that wont happen. and this is a good thing. but dont bash me bro.

PVP i currently chose not to PVP in this game, lets get you killed in another game real fast. oh wait i have no other games right now. oh well.

But yeah keep the armor. at any rate. you put in the money. i guess you dont really want to go the cheeper route. figures. people that overinvest expect others to do the same to be at their level.

Its all good bro your earned it.

But remember this if you play around with fire you get burnt...... wait thats not it...

But remember this. Assume and it makes an ass u me... .hmmm. not it.

Remember this. Dont Share with everyone else (im talking about fun) then you lose out on everyone else.

Seriously i dont care about the oil. i just want a better system where pvp is more skill based than gear based. it promotes more fun over all.

Gear dont = skill man

So until you take off the gear and get on a more even playing feild. i think all you riggers are, Overcompensating for small packages.

Wanna get even? for the insult? even out my odds. take the gear off.

( dont take no offence this is in jest only)

Taunting skill increases to new rank

Again, you are showing you dont know anything about how is the PVP now..

As example Ermik.. He killed me manytimes in martial armor with lr59 ? I was in full infi with serpentis. So skill matter and you dont need uber money to buy uber gear to be able to compete :)

And again i doubt you can kill me in any other FPS game as im still playing at competitive level and even its little money im still paid for it :) .
( If you want to test your skill and dont want to instal any game, PM me and we can do a duel in Quake Live which is for free and playable through your web browser )

ps: Ermik just got lucky everyone knows that he dont stand a chance against my uber skill :p

Back