Account Blocked ... Im crying...

As for the hunting partner I agree,a rule for one is a rule for all.

If the partner wasn't locked maybe this has nothing to do with VTOL hunting.

If the partner wasn't locked maybe this has nothing to do with VTOL hunting.

The problem is was the person simply in team to keep Mary's name off globals, or was there any actual ping-pong teamwork going on?

Here's the Catch-22 : Firstly, it is a logistical impossibility to monitor all players for violation. .

Too many people are making way too many excuses on MA's behalf.

IMO, MA needs to take care of their own TAO, period.
MA likes people to do free services for them. and there are lots of folks who get off on "the teachers pet" thing.

I don't like exploit users but the in game tattletale cops are even worse.

Will she float, eh?

Ahhhh the pitchfork weilding villagers can sit happily around the village square tonight with contented smirks on their faces, nodding sagely at each other and knowing that they have brought justice to Calypso.

But deep down inside, as they glance at each others faces, their mob mentality subconcious is actually searching for their next witch hunt victim, because if someone else is on the recieving end of the pitchfork then it's not you.

Let them who are without sin cast the first stone. :wise:

The strategy of the exploiter is not only the most rewarding but also the most dangerous. "quote" by Peter Jakobsson 2005 Poject Entropia.

Jedi
Force Majeure

Last edited:
MA likes people to do free services for them. and there are lots of folks who get off on "the teachers pet" thing.

To be fair, almost every rule enforcement system requires feedback, & information from the public. As a mod on this forum, I couldn't deal w/ half the problems if no one reported them. We simply can't read every post 24/7. Even if PCF used 10X as many mods, we'd still rely on folks keeping us informed.

As you well know. ;)

Now as to what MA/SDS/NDS/Whoever is informed of and what they do with that info.... That's a slightly different issue.

The strategy of the exploiter is not only the most rewarding but also the most dangerous. "quote" by Peter Jakobsson 2005.

Jedi
Force Majeure

LOL "she turned me into a newt... a newt?.. I got better!!"

To be fair, almost every rule enforcement system requires feedback, & information from the public. As a mod on this forum, I couldn't deal w/ half the problems if no one reported them. We simply can't read every post 24/7. Even if PCF used 10X as many mods, we'd still rely on folks keeping us informed.

I can see your point.. but.. when you get a report, do you immediately ban someone based on that report or do you do follow with your own research?

MA seems to of acted on player information only, which, if accurate, is really inappropriate IMO

Also, don't forget MA is a business, you are a volunteer.
There is a difference

Thanks for the unnesessary insult. I am not saying Optima is a liar, I am saying that we can never know for sure. And that is the point

yep, unfortunately, that is also Hersay. It is not that you are a liar, second hand information without official confirmation is hearsay.

A man is banned for exploiting this, several people has it from support that it is a exploit, but because Mr. Welter didnt walk up to your door to tell you in person, you thought it appropiate to come in here spreading your twisted reality. jeez

So every country on the planet you havent been to doesnt exist because the president havent sent you a email saying they exist?

Well anyways i dare you to go out there and stream you doing it! GIVE US PROOF...

Didn't report the OP (actually saw this thread first and went back to read the whole event from the beginning). Probably wouldn't have anyway. I have opinions on the matter, but generally don't care enough to go through the whole ordeal of logging in and filing a support case.

How many of you used your VTOL's to complete the Silo missions in the crater?
John Capital pretty much summed up my response for this one. I did the same as him, including using the TP chip to get to waypoints. It was a transport device. If I didn't have the VTOL, I probably would have come to the forum to get the coordinates of the silos and TP'd in. :dunno:
As a side note, I did the silo missions soon after they were released - as did a load of other people. The green dot crowd at the crater was so big at the time, I didn't even get aggroed.

How many of you have used your VTOL to go afk whilst in a spawn area?
Never. As a old habit, if I need to go AFK for a reasonably long length of time, I log out. Or just call the hunting run there and TP back to the outpost. Quickly do repairs / TT loot, attend to my AFK thing, and come back.
Needless to say, I'm a casual hunter who misses a lot of phone calls. :laugh:

How many of you have used your VTOL escape a mob train or wait till it passed?
Never. Then again I rarely have issues with mob trains since I tend to hunt in the ass end of nowhere. Seeing another green dot - let alone a mob train - is a rare treat. :p

How many of you have used your VTOL to move away from an unwanted re-spawn so you could tag out the mob you were working on?
Not done this. I kill whatevers aggro'd, even in this circumstance. Probably explains why I suck at hunting.

How many of you have used this method to drag mobs off your mining claims?
Not this either. Don't really mine, and... what are these... claims... you talk about? ;) lol

How many of you used your VTOL during Merry Mayhem last year when you got swamped or your main hunter died or relogged?
Never participated in Meyham.

So really I've never used the aircraft to avoid mob aggro. To be honest most of the time my VTOL is simply for arsing about, giving lifts to newbies, and transport when I prefer to see the scenery instead of TPing. I have *never* used it to exploit at hunting.

Things like this should be posted in the client loader for all to see. If you hunt anyway in which a creature cannot get to you, then it is an exploit.
MA, like almost all other games should leave a simple message in the client loader.

I 100% agree. When activities such as this have been brought to their attention, MindArk *should* inform the players properly, so it is absolutely clear what cannot be done and the punishment for those who choose to do it anyway. As I said in my last post, MA are to blame as well.

Too many people are making way too many excuses on MA's behalf.

I don't like exploit users but the in game tattletale cops are even worse.

what he said. :rolleyes:

A man is banned for exploiting this, several people has it from support that it is a exploit, but because Mr. Welter didnt walk up to your door to tell you in person, you thought it appropiate to come in here spreading your twisted reality. jeez

So every country on the planet you havent been to doesnt exist because the president havent sent you a email saying they exist?

Well anyways i dare you to go out there and stream you doing it! GIVE US PROOF...

Sorry mate, I won't take the trollbait. I stated my point as clear as I could and now I will just sit back and relax. Have fun :thumbup:.

I think, till official statemen about VTOL is not publichet, this is not exploid,MA wants punish people for using brain.
Should i ask every time when i kill mob whit badass gunn whitout being hitt or mob even don,t reach do me," Dear God MA , is that exploid or bug,i killed mob and it don,t hitting me"

As you well know. ;)

Now as to what MA/SDS/NDS/Whoever is informed of and what they do with that info.... That's a slightly different issue.

yes the need the people to warn them of problem but also has to be fix as soon as posible how long this is going on over 6 month now

i see it like this when the the goverment pass the seat belt mandertory say 20 year ago down were i live say the past the law and didnt tell no one

the first person that get caught tell the other one and so on so you here the news but only from heresay
so when you get caught the police say well the other person i caught told you so you new about it

the only way to fix this problem was to remove the vtol or other flying vehicule from the game plain and simple
and put it back in the game when its fix

what they are doing is like putting the cookie jar out on the table and saying you cant have the cookie to a yound child

all it is as i see it it laysynest from MA to fix this problem

for me i dont blame any one even if they use this bug not every one reads the forum

I can see your point.. but.. when you get a report, do you immediately ban someone based on that report or do you do follow with your own research?

MA seems to of acted on player information only, which, if accurate, is really inappropriate IMO

Also, don't forget MA is a business, you are a volunteer.
There is a difference

You make it sound like they were "stealing" from MA, and fanbois was helping MA.. Well newsflash when you exploit you steal from other players.

but because Mr. Welter didnt walk up to your door to tell you in person, .

Resorting to extremes like this is a weak argument.

It's really not that hard to keep a section on the MA website listing known exploits, and the TAO could easily reflect the players responsibility to read the "known exploits" section.

Pretty simple solution really....

You make it sound like they were "stealing" from MA, and fanbois was helping MA.. Well newsflash when you exploit you steal from other players.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion..

Resorting to extremes like this is a weak argument.

It's really not that hard to keep a section on the MA website listing known exploits, and the TAO could easily reflect the players responsibility to read the "known exploits" section.

No company would EVER start posting their weakness on frontpage, simply not that simple!

You need to rely on some intigrity of people when running something this big, and then clean up when reported, and sort it out on the fly. JC said it very well actually.

Well I didn't exploit any bugs and I'm not banned, funny how that works. MA obviously thinks that MJ broke some rule worth a ban. For all we know it has nothing to do with the VTOL. Heck maybe the funds he used to buy Dome 2 where on a stolen credit card or something.
Can we drop the arguing semantics and just see how this plays out?

wow looks like MA is actually taking action for once..hope u get unlocked and learn from this..not worth risking ur account for a few ped

Last edited:
I wish I had a VTOL, looks like I missed out. :(

Anyway, I think this is your slap on the wrist Mary Jane, exploits are bad, you are being made an example of to try and deter others until MA can think up, code, test and implement a fix. This takes time, it wont be in tomorrows update.

And the fix wont go down well - most likely a 10 second to enter vehicle fix - which may well apply to all vehicles......

This is why we get UNREACHABLE on mobs getting stuck on the landscape these days after all the trapping big mobs for hunting that went on in years gone by.

You'll get unlocked, if MA like you, it'll be after a week, and if they dont it'll be when the fix is implemented.

Problem is catch-22.

Some folks would keep an eye on "listed exploits" and either use them or find ways to "tweak" them.

Kind like how cops generally don't publicly discuss how a crime was committed.

simply not that simple!

Sure it is..

MA needs to OFFICIALY disclose what known exploits are ban-able...:wise:

A blanket "don't use exploits" statement is utterly ridiculous.

No company would EVER start posting their weakness on frontpage, simply not that simple!

not weaknesess - just rules. Clear rules for everyone to see. I for one would like that a lot.

Problem is catch-22.

Some folks would keep an eye on "listed exploits" and either use them or find ways to "tweak" them.

There always is a catch 22. That's always been a part of business.

And that does not excuse them from being a responsible company.

Problem is catch-22.

Kind like how cops generally don't publicly discuss how a crime was committed.

i'm sure less ppl will use them then those doing it now )) When its a law - it's a law and people are aware of punishment will think way longer then they are doing now.

You could somehow injure yourself on it and sue :)

I was going to post something like that :laugh:, yup now that they have admited that the mat has a design flaw they can get sued for any accident caused by it.

Back