Another Little Scammer

Sigrid Valkyrie

Guardian
Society
NBK Elite
Sigrid Elvana Valkyrie
A female avatar who claimed to be a 24 yr old Russian girl, asked for a tp run and I couldn't do it at the time and I let her add me. She made out she needed help because there's only one or two ppl in her soc at a time. Later she PMd me and I agreed to take her. I shouldn't be so nice but then I think when I was much more nooby other people helped me...

When I met her she had already made the team which I thought was strange for a noob who had only been playing for "2-3 weeks". Won't be doing that again. As we were running along she asked me, "how do u tp in this game?" I explained very briefly and she replied that she did not understand but we kept running. Then I killed a critter on my own and realised that she got some of my loot, a piddley 5 muscle oil.

So I explained about setting the team and loot distribution and she pretended that she could not understand. I said did you shoot it? She said, no. I said if don't shoot you should not get loot. Anyway I was explaining how to set it fairly and the little rat tpd away.

I found her at Twin (lol) and she wouldn't talk to me. I saw a socmate of hers from HYPERBOREAN and asked her about that avatar and she said "Yes, she's a big scammer". This little rat scammed her socmate for a tp run and ammo. The soc mate wouldn't say anything more to me. I asked why she was still in the soc and she said sorry she was busy and wouldn't talk about it any further.

I saw a second person from the same soc and asked about the avatar and they said they couldn't speak english.

Ofc I have screenies of the pms at Twin, with the socmate saying she was scammed by the little rat. ;)

Dirty little scammers just make it hard for genuine people to get help from other players. I guess I wasn't prepared for this scam but It's probably an old one. So never let them make the team.

Anyone wanting the Avatar name PM me. :)

A female avatar who claimed to be a 24 yr old Russian girl, asked for a tp run and I couldn't do it at the time and I let her add me. She made out she needed help because there's only one or two ppl in her soc at a time. Later she PMd me and I agreed to take her. I shouldn't be so nice but then I think when I was much more nooby other people helped me...

When I met her she had already made the team which I thought was strange for a noob who had only been playing for "2-3 weeks". Won't be doing that again. As we were running along she asked me, "how do u tp in this game?" I explained very briefly and she replied that she did not understand but we kept running. Then I killed a critter on my own and realised that she got some of my loot, a piddley 5 muscle oil.

So I explained about setting the team and loot distribution and she pretended that she could not understand. I said did you shoot it? She said, no. I said if don't shoot you should not get loot. Anyway I was explaining how to set it fairly and the little rat tpd away.

I found her at Twin (lol) and she wouldn't talk to me. I saw a socmate of hers from HYPERBOREAN and asked her about that avatar and she said "Yes, she's a big scammer". This little rat scammed her socmate for a tp run and ammo. The soc mate wouldn't say anything more to me. I asked why she was still in the soc and she said sorry she was busy and wouldn't talk about it any further.

I saw a second person from the same soc and asked about the avatar and they said they couldn't speak english.

Ofc I have screenies of the pms at Twin, with the socmate saying she was scammed by the little rat. ;)

Dirty little scammers just make it hard for genuine people to get help from other players. I guess I wasn't prepared for this scam but It's probably an old one. So never let them make the team.

Anyone wanting the Avatar name PM me. :)

Sorry to hear about the BS that happened. PM sent! ;)

sorry to hear, be glad she didnt get some nice item in the loot!

cant understand how the soc leader was too busy kicking her - while just standing around in twins?

:wise: next time check team settings :wise:

And yeah, such ppl make it hard for real noobs to get help :mad:

That's an ancient scam(guess most are by now). They usually would like your riffle and some ammo so they can see how it works as well, because, they dont understand :confused:. I agree it would had sucked if you had looted something worth anything.

How is this a scam?

U Agree to the team and the rules set by her and u can see if it is according to rules u are comfy with or not..

No scam, morally wrong, or despicable maybe..

But comeone.. Scamming is something else.

learn from this...

learn from this... if you don't like the way others set up teams, either don't team with them, or start the team yourself.

sorry to hear, be glad she didnt get some nice item in the loot!

cant understand how the soc leader was too busy kicking her - while just standing around in twins?

:wise: next time check team settings :wise:

And yeah, such ppl make it hard for real noobs to get help :mad:

It was just a socmate that I spoke to not the actual socleader. Don't know how the socmate can stay in same soc with someone who she says scammed her for tp run and ammo.. :scratch2:

That's an ancient scam(guess most are by now). They usually would like your riffle and some ammo so they can see how it works as well, because, they dont understand :confused:. I agree it would had sucked if you had looted something worth anything.

Yes and I realised I globalled twice yesterday and a few more times the last week so she maybe even seen my name and thought I'd be a good one.

How is this a scam?

U Agree to the team and the rules set by her and u can see if it is according to rules u are comfy with or not..

No scam, morally wrong, or despicable maybe..

But comeone.. Scamming is something else.

When I confronted her about getting my loot she should have given it back not tpd away. There were quite a few things that didn't add up with this person. So I was suspicious. I shld have checked the loot distribution, will know next time. She also asked me what my real name was, who the @#$% does that? Apart from having screenie of her soc mate saying she was scammed by her, someone else has PMd me and asked if it was ...... and yes it was, they did a similar thing to this person also and when confronted the argued and left.

If you think this isn't a scammer CycoKick, good luck to you and enjoy the game :)

ME WANTY TO PLAYEE WITH YOU ME UNDERSTAND NO ENGLSHY

THIS CHICK IS BRILLIANT:bomb::dance::drink:

nOT A SCAMMER

sound's like someone I ran into in Nov. PM sent

amazing what people do for pecs...PECS... sounds desperate or pathetic to me. perhaps both.

Yep I have run into her, and I DID check team settings 1st couple of times, she had them on damage, ( loot was fairly equal, I was using X1, and for someone that says she only played 2 weeks, her gun was pretty good :) she probably thought she would get most of the loot) was only couple days later I was suspicious so checked team setting and she had it on queue now :) Asked her to change it, she argued (while sat at revive btw while I was fighting my way to her :) ,) I logged and haven't hunted with her since

a pink elephant!

I'm with CycoKick on this!

"BUYER BEWARE" ...an attempt to get some free pecs out of you, yes, a scam .. not so much, do up a search on scams etc from old threads...now those... those were scams ;)

I'm not gonna argue that it didn't leave a bad taste in your mouth, but it could've been a lot worse!...

I do however, applaud the fact that you brought this up so others don't fall for this trick!

--gizzle

you should never EVER trust an elephant that is pink!!!

Yep I have run into her, and I DID check team settings 1st couple of times, she had them on damage, ( loot was fairly equal, I was using X1, and for someone that says she only played 2 weeks, her gun was pretty good :) she probably thought she would get most of the loot) was only couple days later I was suspicious so checked team setting and she had it on queue now :) Asked her to change it, she argued (while sat at revive btw while I was fighting my way to her :) ,) I logged and haven't hunted with her since

Yes, when I asked her if she shot the mob she said no, and I said you shouldn't have got any loot then... etc. Then she pulled out this big pistol and said she had ammo and fired a few shots into the air. Ofc I didn't ask her if she had ammo or a gun. It was likely an attempt to throw me off and keep hunting, didn't work. Thanks Wobbledag for confirming in PM. :)

"BUYER BEWARE" ...an attempt to get some free pecs out of you, yes, a scam .. not so much, do up a search on scams etc from old threads...now those... those were scams ;)

I'm not gonna argue that it didn't leave a bad taste in your mouth, but it could've been a lot worse!...

I do however, applaud the fact that you brought this up so others don't fall for this trick!

--gizzle

Hi Gizzle, I didn't trust her. I went along with it to suss her out. I could have lost some better loot but I only killed 1 faucervix cos I was suspicious. I resisted the urge to kill some armax we ran past. When I see armax I MUST kill :D

Instead I wrote down the cords to go back there without her. :)

Oh well, no point debating here deciding whether it was a scam or not.

It does no harm as a heads up to remind people to check team settings, I still do it even with people I know, even soc mates. Its not a trust issue, it started out as one, now I do it from habit.

The other issue is time, and no-one has enough of it, most players have families, and work etc. Kinda sticks in the throat that you may give up an hour or longer in an evening, to help out of kindness to do a tp run.. Only to discover its someone taking the utter piss out of you!

anyhoo, gl :)

Reactions: nar
Oh well, no point debating here deciding whether it was a scam or not.

It does no harm as a heads up to remind people to check team settings, I still do it even with people I know, even soc mates. Its not a trust issue, it started out as one, now I do it from habit.

The other issue is time, and no-one has enough of it, most players have families, and work etc. Kinda sticks in the throat that you may give up an hour or longer in an evening, to help out of kindness to do a tp run.. Only to discover its someone taking the utter piss out of you!

anyhoo, gl :)

Totally ;)

I had just done dinners, bathed my son and done all that evening time stuff. Truth be told I wanted to check the setting but wasn't sure if I could because she made the team. :ahh:

Anyway I went back to the cords I wrote where the armax were and they didn't give ma anything special but the atrox old that was keeping them company had an ESI in his belly :D

More ppl have been Pm'ing for ava name, saying something similar happened to them recently. I will send ava name to all that ask. ;)

--gizzle

Why do you consider it a trick if you don't think it is a form of a scam?

Scams can be within the agreement we accept when we play and still be a form of a scam.

It is just unfortunate that MA/FPC has not fixed the team settings to make you get a warning before accepting a team or while that lets you know the team loot settings.
Or at the very least to put the team setting on the team bar so you can see it and know instantly.

Maybe a flashing light for the button you click to check the team settings that doesn't stop until you check it when set to anything but stack Share.

As far as I am concerned this is a type of scam. It does pay off for them at times too. If you were to get a HOF and they get the entire stack of oils or the item for doing nothing or next to nothing if they are shooting with a tt weapon then would you think it was not a scam?

People team with people all the time and don't check the team settings because they trust people.

People like this are scum and should be tracked down in RL and thrown in jail.

Reactions: nar
My Mum taught me not to talk with strangers... :D

Thanks for the warning, I will PM you about the name :)

I always enjoy people to meet people like these. Don't mind to spend some time on a tp run.
Btw, did Anna have her 24 birthday this week and was she dancing? ;)

Why do you consider it a trick if you don't think it is a form of a scam?

Scams can be within the agreement we accept when we play and still be a form of a scam.

It is just unfortunate that MA/FPC has not fixed the team settings to make you get a warning before accepting a team or while that lets you know the team loot settings.
Or at the very least to put the team setting on the team bar so you can see it and know instantly.

Maybe a flashing light for the button you click to check the team settings that doesn't stop until you check it when set to anything but stack Share.

As far as I am concerned this is a type of scam. It does pay off for them at times too. If you were to get a HOF and they get the entire stack of oils or the item for doing nothing or next to nothing if they are shooting with a tt weapon then would you think it was not a scam?

People team with people all the time and don't check the team settings because they trust people.

People like this are scum and should be tracked down in RL and thrown in jail.

When I checked the settings after the fact she had it on "Decides Other".

Maybe if I was less tired I would have made proper effort to check it. I thought I didn't know how to check it at the time but now I recall I have done it before when I joined a swunt team ages ago. Silly of me to be forgetful.

I was up past 1am the night before playing EU and then played for large portion of yesterday logged out for a break, fell asleep on couch, had dinner came back tired, probs wouldn't have gone back on at all but I said I'd help her...:rolleyes:

It does make me angry too Talania. I hate such dishonesty and would like to reach through the screen and grab them by the neck and ... you can guess the rest. Human vermin is what I think of dishonest people. :laugh:

Thats a good idea to have a small message come up RE: the loot distribution when a person joins a team.

I always enjoy people to meet people like these. Don't mind to spend some time on a tp run.
Btw, did Anna have her 24 birthday this week and was she dancing? ;)

I didn't get the b'day story but I'm sure that one is full of stories. For ppl reading this, Anna is not the full ava name but is only a small part of the ava name.

Yes, she was in a state of dance.

Last edited:
account locked

Another Little Scammer

Please PM me avatar name.

Ah, the Liga factor!

PM sent.

Always, always, always check team settings before fireing a single shot :wise:

hmm

Well you've made a mistake by not looking at the team rules when it was formed ...Next time make sure that u do that , and people like her just ruin the game :mad:

so she scammed you out of 5 muscle of oil and then TPed away using ME thats worth 3 times as much? Yeah that scam is as old as Twin peaks but usually scammers go for more and try to take you through area with tougher mobs:)

HaHa so crazy. So this little naked girl was hanging around ft ithaca the other day and she asked to join my soc. I said she needed to apply at the terminal and tell something about herself. As she was applying I scanned her and she barely had any skills. I mentioned in Soc Chat, how could it be a little naked noob with no skill ends up at Ft Ithaca by their lonely little self? Well when she was accepted she imediately began chatting away in Soc Chat, sorta odd for a noob to even know how to use Soc Chat. Instantly one of my members remembered her name from a hunt at twin peaks on argos. She did the exact same thing to him. When he questioned her about it instantly she couldnt speak english lol. So i confronted her right away in Soc Chat and sad _____ Are you a scammer? HaHa she didnt know what to say. She is no on my Soc BlackList of Scammers and JackAsses. In fact about 2 weeks ago there was another one trying to join my Soc as well. She was around Ft Fury.

We will find it. This sheep will receive a rigid flogging. Also it will be expelled with a black label. At all times the motto of ours soc was - honour and the help. :rocket:

i dunno. it might be a little greasy, but a scam? hardly. what she does is bet.. she bets she can find enough people who assume things are as theyd like them.

if they had asked what the loot distribution was and were lied to, thats a scam, tho pretty weak.
due to the OPs sleepin at the switch, they didnt make any sort of arrangement as to how loot would be distributed. they said themself the warning signs were there, but ignored or unnoticed. and instead of suckin it up an learning they wanna blame someone else for their shortsightedness.

i just read a 3 page smear of someone who does nothing more then bank on human stupidi... errrr nature ;) you didnt get scammed, you got played for a fool. you got off easy as well, only a few oil. a wise man once said "if you cant spot the sucker at your table, its you"

i can almost understand wanting to warn people about it, and id be tempted, but no way would i admit to gettin played like that an expect any sympathy at all.

Back