Approximate life

Gramuly

Guardian
Society
Pet Society
Hegre Gramuly Hector
Yes its a game we like to play.
We like to play it because it approximates life and give us the chance to treasure hunt as we do in life.
Work in life is our treasure hunt.

Life needs food and water and sleep.
Food water sleep and security is what the human econimy is made out of.
Entropia needs food water and sleep.
The Entropians need to pay for these things as we do in life.
If the avatar does not get enough food water or sleep then he/she stats have a -%factor untill they eat or sleep.

You have the oi. Its a good start. Untill you make food water and sleep needed in this game it will never have its own growing real society.

You forgot the basics.
Yes its a game but it a game of pretend life so get the life stuff in it.
-
-

-
-
I can hear eveyone now. OH do we need babys and sex too. Yes I believe you do.
If you going to pretend to have a life then you going to have to eat and sleep and buy water from some sweater or bring some with you to the hunt.

I'm a bit confused.

You say to "approximate life" is why we all like to play.

Then why try to change it into real life?
-confused

Dude, sex and babies are so much Second Life......

All we need is PEDS and Beer in Entropia, and we do still await the shipment of beer :woot:

Okay, so I like the Sims. I have the Complete Sims (original) and Sims 3 for PC. I played The Sims Online, which later became EA Land.... I was sad to see it go.

HOWEVER...

This is NOT the Sims, nor would I want it to be that way. Seriously, I think it would piss me off if I were out hunting somewhere and fell down sleeping because I was tired. Not to mention the armor equip fee... OMG, have to take that off every time ya gotta pee?!?! (okay, really... wouldn't wanna pee in armor... might rust)

Then, lets think of the practicalities of having to feed, bathe, nourish your avatar. Yes, I have an apartment... no bed, no kitchen appliances, etc... so, anyone mind if I crash in your place when I'm tired? And, TBH, those nutrio bars just don't look all that appetizing. (think milkbone dog biscuits) Although, wouldn't mind tossing a nice atrox steak on the barbecue once in a while.

I'm all for realistic graphics, etc... but I think it just wouldn't be practical for your avatar to have human needs, as you mentioned.

I dont need to pretend to have a life, I've got one.

This is a game, I play it for fun.

If you want to do real life stuff, turn off the computer and go and do it.

What she said! :)

Its the reply I expected.

Sortminded and selfish.
In the end we will have it all.
You do not have to use enhansers or vehicles.
You will not have to use the other options.
Options make peds.
with thousands of players there are thousands of ways to enjoy entropia.

We will have it all in the end. Life is the blueprint for the mmo.

As a human you will fite about everything, complain and cry.
No need to be selfish. If you dont want to drink water then DONT.

I can't afford to now.. I paid too much for my computer just to pretend I have a life!! :laugh:

Sortminded and selfish.
Options make peds.

What drugs are you using?

Sortminded and selfish.
Options make peds.

Well, sorry if you felt my reply was selfish... but, then again, you expected it to be, so I retract my apology!

Based on your idea/wish, these items (food, water, sleep, etc) would NOT be optional... not if you actually want your avatar up and moving about. So, if your idea came to pass, how would I manage to play WITHOUT having to eat, drink, sleep?

As far as EU imitating life... dude, if you run about all day, killing various creatures and looting them, remind me to stay far away from you. :eyecrazy:

Well, sorry if you felt my reply was selfish... but, then again, you expected it to be, so I retract my apology!

Based on your idea/wish, these items (food, water, sleep, etc) would NOT be optional... not if you actually want your avatar up and moving about. So, if your idea came to pass, how would I manage to play WITHOUT having to eat, drink, sleep?

As far as EU imitating life... dude, if you run about all day, killing various creatures and looting them, remind me to stay far away from you. :eyecrazy:

have nothing to add but PWN3D

Alott of time I think of an idea.
It has good sides and bad sides.
So I have the idea to post it and see what people say.

It seems I end up trying to battle simple points and never get to the root of the idea.

Yes you could get sleepy or hungry and yes you may not do as well as a player who has eaten.
It is still optional. If you do not fill all of your enhanser slotts when you hunt then you are not at full power.
Everything is optional in this game.
You could just hunt with a opalo-YOU DO NOT. YOU OPT TO GO TO A HIGER GUN.

Food and water and sleep are examples of life supporting actions.
Approximate life is the idea.
Hunting? We hunt for peds not for the kill. Who wants to kill 10,000 daikiba. Its work.
You go to work for money. You craft for peds. Its the same.

All I suggest is more more more options.
Yes all of them are good.
I dont care what you are into its good for you to have the option.

You want to go to a GAY/Homosexual bar on entropia it is fine with me. I dont care I think that option for you RumpRangers would make me peds.

You want tatoos OK.
YOu want beer OK.
You want pets and guns and ships and houses and what ever you want is fine with me.
It only adds more options for me to enjoy or make or spend peds on.

Seems all I ever get when I see future ideas on the board. Is everyone complain how complicated and difficult it would be. You play a complicated game. Get over it. You dont have to do everything. My mom would play if you put stuff in it she likes. My sister would. Everyone and anyone would play if they saw something in it they wanted to enjoy.

If you want to please and have every type of human in game then you had better put away your idea that you understand everything that is needed and there is nothing needed that you dont think is needed or you dont want.
Its selfish and shortsighted.

You may not want to get a tattoo or have Sex in in a rumpranger bar butt some do.
So forget what you think is good for you and be ready for eveything.
You will have so much more to enojoy complaining about.

It will happen. We will have it all. Its on the way. I just enjoy watching as so many ubers thrash and think they get it.
You dont get it- but you will.
If you knew enough you would not even post in my thread.

You want to go to a GAY/Homosexual bar on entropia it is fine with me. I dont care I think that option for you RumpRangers would make me peds.

We will have it all in the end.

I think this pretty much sums up this thread.

Okay, I get it... you want more options, more things to do, see, experience. (Planet Partners, anyone??)

First of all... if you can't take the criticism of an idea you post on PCF, then DON'T post!

Second... I am pretty sure a fair number of individuals who visit PCF might take offense at the way you refer to homosexuals... keep your derogatory insults to yourself, please.

Third... You are correct, I choose to NOT use enhancers, but comparing enhancer use to the need to eat/drink/sleep is way off base. Enhancers are just what they sound like... they enhance the equipment you are using at the time. I really don't feel the need to enhance my weapon/armor/FAP, nor do I feel the need to spend extra PED in the process.

Now, if my avatar is going to be sluggish (aside from ordinary lag) because of lack of food/water/sleep, etc, then I am pretty much required to spend ped on sustenance, just for my avatar to be at full capacity... where's the OPTION in that?

That being said... if you are suggesting food/water/sleep, etc to be used as a means to temporarily enhance the avatar (i.e. make them run faster, have higher strength, carry more weight without slowing down, etc) then I think it would actually be a decent idea.

Lol U Guys Rock For Real!!

Ok Well i see what everyone is saying, And yes i would not wanna be burning ped on a Trox then Pass out from hunger and Starvation...BUT!! i do see where the Food And Water Could actually Be Beneficial in a "Entropia Way"(Meaning More MA Drama) as Far as Sleep if my Fkin Avatar didnt get his Rest When i Logged Off then The Avatar and MA Could Kiss my Ass Bcuz what do i look like staring at my Screen While my avatar gets some Casual "Virtual SLEEP"..

But imma make this As simple as i can Because Im Lazy As Hell Tonite

Food: Could Supplement Different Stats Which Could Put A Value On all the random Storage Killers we Find on the Ground That aint Worth Diddly Ballz(Nothing At All)

Water: Maybe just something Cool to Do While Chatting.. Actually i just thought about it... We Dont Want WATER.. Because Then we would need a Stamina Bar(More MA Drama) Or Something that the water would Be handy for.. Next thing u Know MA Will Charge us for Not Recycling Virtual Plastic Bottles or you could get FIned For Littering or EVEN GET LOCKED UP ON RT...Sh!t Where was i going with this.. hmmm...........Fk'd dat Avatars Dont Drink Water.....
:smoke:

LOL... thanks for reading my mind.

enough said :)

Sure it's a game that sort of imitates life, but how much realism do you need before the game no longer becomes fun and instead just tedious? It's already tedious and repetitive as it is. Why do we need to make it worse?

Games are supposed to be an escape from real life. So if they simulate aspects of real life, I would prefer they simulate the fun aspects, and not the unproductive, boring parts, like sleeping, eating, or taking a shit. They simulate all that nonsense in the Sims, and some people enjoy that because there are some comedic elements involved as well, but I personally found those games boring, and they failed to hold my attention for very long.

I look back on games like GTA: San Andreas, where eating and exercise were almost a necessity for character development. It didn't get a good response from gamers, so those systems were eliminated in GTA4.

People don't want to do tedious shit. Especially in a game like this one, where that tedious shit may have a real cost associated with it.

i like this idea because it is along the lines of an idea i had some years ago when i started eu (when things were different).
i am not good at explaining in text but here goes.....
introduce fishing and farming as 2 new proffessions, with crafted tools (fishing rods/hoes etc) that allow different lvls from newbie upwards to participate, also add new fruits etc and maybe farming seeds to the free finds.
allow the above produce to create different food types through crafting (maybe using cookers/ovens in apartments to craft with bp's(recipes if you like) different meals give you different energy boosts.... i would have it as boosts and maybe have a slighly lower ava speed if you run out of the boosts

my second part would involve "rest" without rest our ava becomes less responsive maybe... we could make use of beds to replenish stamina and have different lvl beds to regain faster etc, i know the rest idea will be most unpopular but with more thought it could work well
the above ideas i believe would have helped economy by introducing the possibilities of new proffessions and new businesses (hotels,cafes etc)and this inturn would have made the cities and appartments more useful and more vibrant.

before anyone has a go at me i want to add that this was my idea years ago when the eu climate was far less money orientated and back in the days when we had the video screen ingame with the "i had a vision of a virtual world" message playing at jason centre and other places

i forgot to add that i would also introduce different size areas (la's) for farming and maybe some very small rentable allotments

Last edited:
Gay people are not insulted by me. Want to be a hit at a party? Bring a flame.
Just dont insult him. Its the females who are insulted by gay terms.
Call a flame a RumpRanger and he would look at your butt and say"and you got a nice rump to range"
Im not gay but dont think a gay person has ever been rude to me.
If I was gay. I would be proud. We would be buttbuddys. I could wear them fancy clothes only you can wear.
We would go to nice restraunts and movies and keep a clean house it would be great.
I am not gay. Ive pitched two games with them just because I was in need. Anyhow.......

LET THE GAME HAVE A PLACE FOR EACH OF US..........
want to race cars. ok
Want to play sims. Ok im sure there is an in house/shop option for that.
Want to go into space and fire your weapons ok.
Want to play pac-man. Ok as soon as we get the permission from the copy. You may have a vitural video game. If a player in your shop sees it he can put in a pec and play one pac-man game and then leave your shop.
WATER
FOOD
SLEEP
CARS

No options should be left out.
fishing
farming
ammo craft
babys.

They are all good ideas.
There is not bad idea.

You dont do everything in real life. Does not imply you will go and burn down the gay bars.

Let others do what they want to do.
If I want water then get out of my way so I can get some water.
You may even be able to sell me that water.
If you dont like water then dont watch me drink it.

No need to argue the point.
It will all happen in time.
Nothing is beond growth untill death.

So let entropia grow or watch it die.
We all play with the future in mind.
If you want the future you have in mind you have to allow the future I have in mind.
Its how a society works. You give me what I want and I will give you what you want.

Gay people are not insulted by me. Want to be a hit at a party? Bring a flame.
Just dont insult him. Its the females who are insulted by gay terms.
Call a flame a RumpRanger and he would look at your butt and say"and you got a nice rump to range"
Im not gay but dont think a gay person has ever been rude to me.
If I was gay. I would be proud. We would be buttbuddys. I could wear them fancy clothes only you can wear.
We would go to nice restraunts and movies and keep a clean house it would be great.
I am not gay. Ive pitched two games with them just because I was in need. Anyhow.......

Sortminded and selfish.
Options make peds.

ummm WHAT???

Why create a virtual existence that mirrors the laws of physical existence?

Sounds like you're looking for an accurate simulation of life. You need to experience the real thing? Open front (or back) door, and put one foot in front of the other.

People don't want to do tedious shit. Especially in a game like this one, where that tedious shit may have a real cost associated with it.
Good point. @ the op: Buy 1500 or more blueprints as I did for my shop (and service before I had the shop)... Now put each one in to a blueprint book, and organize them all in to boxes, resettlement containers or estates as I was doing back then. This is some mega tedious shit, but I did it for my own personal reasons... Best example I can think of in game that the amount of hassle that your suggestions will cause. Make sure that each and every one is placed in it's own little tidy box... Just to make it cheap to do this, buy cheap boxes, or just use the storage and inventory, moving each one from the inventory to storage after loading up the book. Be sure to load have at least one blueprint of every type from the technician for each and every one of these books... just so this little thing is cheap for you to do and you can tt it all later... I was using real blueprints, and in some cases filling the books up to 10% or more... Anyways, go ahead, buy the books and blueprints... organize them all nice and tidy in storage, and move each one manually to storage. Add more complexity by putting them books in boxes or estates if you own them.... After you have done this come on back and post a reply and let us know how gloriously 'fun' this little tedious task that would only be about 1/1000th as tedious as some of what you suggest would be is.

Yes Mastermesh. I believe in all of entropia none have had the number of difficultys you have posted over the years.
It is more difficult for some then others. We still like you. You have drive. Ill allways read your threads.

Dont lie. You enjoyed the blueprint book. The dreams of blueprint musuem the sells the riches. You had fun with this idea for endless hours and peds. You suffled them and stacked em and put em here and there. You would not have done all this if you did not enjoy it. I must admitt more then a few peds were made off of you. You have had more fun then many seen more and had a longer experience. Good times. They are returning.

Tedius--NOT FOR ME. I did not buy one blueprint. I did not stack them or put them in boxes. It was not my thing. I was not intrested. I would not have stoped you from doing it. It did not take my time or take my peds or stop me from hunting. It was your thing.

MY thing will not hurt you. It will not cost you peds or take your time or make it tedius for you.
You dont have to do everthing in the game. Do what you enjoy and let me do what I enjoy.

Again If I want water get out of my way and let me get water.
You dont have to drink it. You could even make peds if I buy it from you.
Why is eveyone so selfish.
Would it hurt that much to add content to the game in ALL areas.
They are OPTIONAL.

If I want water. Its for me. Im not trying to drown you. Go do your thing and stack more boxes.
Ill drink my water and we will all be happy.
I guess you would not allow me to open a RUMPRANGER bar next to your shop?
just selfish. "All houses should be white" thats how you sound.
and to think they lifted your ban. they must like you. :}

Yes Mastermesh. I believe in all of entropia none have had the number of difficultys you have posted over the years.
It is more difficult for some then others. We still like you. You have drive. Ill allways read your threads.

Dont lie. You enjoyed the blueprint book. The dreams of blueprint musuem the sells the riches. You had fun with this idea for endless hours and peds. You suffled them and stacked em and put em here and there. You would not have done all this if you did not enjoy it. I must admitt more then a few peds were made off of you. You have had more fun then many seen more and had a longer experience. Good times. They are returning.

Tedius--NOT FOR ME. I did not buy one blueprint. I did not stack them or put them in boxes. It was not my thing. I was not intrested. I would not have stoped you from doing it. It did not take my time or take my peds or stop me from hunting. It was your thing.

MY thing will not hurt you. It will not cost you peds or take your time or make it tedius for you.
You dont have to do everthing in the game. Do what you enjoy and let me do what I enjoy.

Again If I want water get out of my way and let me get water.
You dont have to drink it. You could even make peds if I buy it from you.
Why is eveyone so selfish.
Would it hurt that much to add content to the game in ALL areas.
They are OPTIONAL.

If I want water. Its for me. Im not trying to drown you. Go do your thing and stack more boxes.
Ill drink my water and we will all be happy.
I guess you would not allow me to open a RUMPRANGER bar next to your shop?
just selfish. "All houses should be white" thats how you sound.
and to think they lifted your ban. they must like you. :}
Water? Who the heck wants water? We all want beer! :)

Back