Are you a happy EU participant?

Are you a happy EU participant?

• yes

Votes: 178 52.4%
  • no

Votes: 162 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Much less happy now than in previous years because I've stopped depositing, on principle, in protest regarding how Mindark handled the return of hangars and spaceships and their refusal to enter into dialogue on this issue.

Hence I no longer have the peds to hunt kingfishers.

no, i need more peds! :D

On more serious tone I wish MA would focus more to details, like in times of PE. Certain way of handling everything in a general ok way is not enough, PE was indeed special because of those irrational, random features here and there.

All in all its still on the plus side, but I am a bit sad for what is missing.

I vote Yes...

I am a happy EU participant and have been since 2006 because i play this for fun. In the past i used to put too much $$ in the game. Nowadays i just depo some and have fun. Trying to get uber loots as a goal has never crossed my mind ever since the first day.

Never crossed my mind either...always play for fun! If it was my goal to get uber loots than it's no wonder people are disappointed and sad, I would be too. :yup:

Happy, Happy... Joy, Joy. :)

Love EU and the journey it has provided these fun seven years. Like IRL, it has beauty, ugliness, freedom of choice, irritating changes, and people that are all so different from me.

Keep it going. <3

:yay::yay::yay: Love it...Love surprizes in my loot window make me feel like Christmas presents( ok I pay for them ,but WTH?)..LOL! :girl::D

Last edited:
Still love it.

I am very happy now. I learned a lot about my level of expectation versus the trumped up levels I was reading about on website and game review sites.

The game is more about personal growth than it is about play. Once you understand that, then your game play will be so much more fun.

I log out when i'm not happy

As last year, votes do come quite quickly the first days and decline thereafter. Numbers of voters and results are pretty similar. Now we may ask if this is valid for the whole community. To answer this, we have first to ask who we are.

Some EU players do partake in forums. Some do claim that this is only a small fraction. Nevertheless, from those that do post or read forums, another subsample has answered the poll question.

If those that answered are representative for forum users, then the result is valid for forum users. Typically those that do frequently post will answer first, but there is also the possibility that one that browses the new posts from time to time will find the question. Therefore, I do normally set the expiration time to about 2 weeks, although after one week there will only be about 10-20 new answers. Btw, in 2009 many were offline due to the VU10 update and related technical problems but active in forums. Therefore, the high number of votes.

I didn’t include the possibility for an “I don’t know” vote and there is a reason for it. It makes quite some difference if there is a “I don’t know” or not. Without it, one is being coerced to choose an answer or to not vote at all. Hence the most of the “don’t know voters” are those that will not partake. As they “don’t know”, we can assign half of them to “yes” and half to “no”, and hence the result is unchanged. With a possibility for a “don’t know” it is quite easy to answer the poll. Those that are convinced will give a “yes” or a “no”, but the rest is not thinking at all. This makes the difference. We do eliminate those that can’t decide and are not biased by the ones that do not think. This is quite important as most that are posting over here are players. The ones that do dislike the game will not frequent a forum (maybe only some notorious whiners). Therefore, there is a bias towards “yes” answers. Without the “I don’t know”, those that have doubts must choose if they will partake or not. With an “I don’t know”, they will most probably choose it and hence we will have less “no” votes. As a conclusion, “I don’t know” is only good for marketing.

Let’s go back to where we’ve started. Are poll answerers representative for forum users? Are they biased? Without verifying it, we can’t be sure, but when I look to those that posted, we do clearly see that they do have an opinion, an opinion they do stand for and will talk about it with other players. Forum users might also not be representative for players in general, but once again they do have an opinion (remember there is no “I don’t know” possibility) and they will talk about it. Hence, they will have quite some influence and only this counts.

falkao, currently there is over 40% who claim they are unhappy with their EU experience, the older polls had a somewhat similar outcome. Is this not a horrible result?

Or do we just say we have 40%+ whiners every year that keep playing?

I didn’t include the possibility for an “I don’t know” vote and there is a reason for it. It makes quite some difference if there is a “I don’t know” or not. Without it, one is being coerced to choose an answer or to not vote at all. Hence the most of the “don’t know voters” are those that will not partake. As they “don’t know”, we can assign half of them to “yes” and half to “no”, and hence the result is unchanged. With a possibility for a “don’t know” it is quite easy to answer the poll. Those that are convinced will give a “yes” or a “no”, but the rest is not thinking at all. This makes the difference. We do eliminate those that can’t decide and are not biased by the ones that do not think. This is quite important as most that are posting over here are players. The ones that do dislike the game will not frequent a forum (maybe only some notorious whiners). Therefore, there is a bias towards “yes” answers. Without the “I don’t know”, those that have doubts must choose if they will partake or not. With an “I don’t know”, they will most probably choose it and hence we will have less “no” votes. As a conclusion, “I don’t know” is only good for marketing.

I'd have liked to vote more neutrally than I did, but I still voted ;)

Maybe a scale of Very Happy, Happy, Indifferent, Unhappy, Very Unhappy can work?

Also, not perhaps relevant in an opinion poll like this, but in more factual/knowledge-based polls the "I don't know" votes often reflect the most well-thought out, honest answers. For instance, in the poll "Can neutrinos travel faster than the speed of light?" with options "Yes", "No", "I don't know" the vast majority of people (arguably all) who answer "Yes" or "No" should actually answer "I don't know".

Maybe a scale of Very Happy, Happy, Indifferent, Unhappy, Very Unhappy can work?

Also, not perhaps relevant in an opinion poll like this, but in more factual/knowledge-based polls the "I don't know" votes often reflect the most well-thought out, honest answers. For instance, in the poll "Can neutrinos travel faster than the speed of light?" with options "Yes", "No", "I don't know" the vast majority of people (arguably all) who answer "Yes" or "No" should actually answer "I don't know".

While it is a well known fact that nutrinos have the POTENTIAL to be one of the fastest objects in the universe, they also have a tremendous prediliction for Beer which results in frequent stops, delays and bathroom breaks.

Blackjack :cowboy:

great poll! good info to see :)

The problem with such answers is similar. It is known that for an uneven number of answers there is an intrinsic preference for the middle one. Hence, it should be Very Happy, Happy, Unhappy, Very Unhappy. This scale would permit to differentiate the "yes" and "no" votes and we might get a better feeling about mood. If we redo the actual poll, then there might be also the possibility to compare results with past polls as " Very Happy + Happy =yes".

On neutrinos I'm not sure, but for the question "Does God exist?" you'll definitely do need a "I don't know" (Agnosticism).

falkao, currently there is over 40% who claim they are unhappy with their EU experience, the older polls had a somewhat similar outcome. Is this not a horrible result?

Hard to say as all depends on what decision an unhappy one would take eventually. Atm (n=293) the 95% confidence interval for "yes" ranges from 48.5% to 59.9%. So we do have a 50 to 50 situation with a possible preference for "yes".
If the poll would have been performed ingame results might get better, as those are the most convinced ones. From the results we do have atm we might conclude that about 40%-50% are at risk for "cashing out" or "stop playing".

Mega was suggesting last year:
As you have said, 2010's result is an improvement over 2009's. If you run this poll this time of year in 2011 (and all the missing features are back) it'll be interesting to see if 2011's result is greater than 2010's.

atm, this assumption seems not to hold (not all missing features are back). Maybe in 2012 ;)

From the results we do have atm we might conclude that about 40%-50% are at risk for "cashing out" or "stop playing".

I was afraid of that ^^

I was afraid of that ^^

Me too, and we have this situation since some time now. I guess MA should be more afraid about it than we are. What definitely is need are some insights about what their intentions are.

Me too, and we have this situation since some time now. I guess MA should be more afraid about it than we are. What definitely is need are some insights about what their intentions are.

Well according to entropia planets published "unknown" pressrelease they will continue the successful concept. :confused:

Last edited:
I'm not happy with the way EU evolved, and I'm not a happy player anymore.

Much less happy now than in previous years because I've stopped depositing, on principle, in protest regarding how Mindark handled the return of hangars and spaceships and their refusal to enter into dialogue on this issue.

I did exactly the same thing, no deposits to MA anymore, cause they killed my investment. I did buy a hangar, to have a small business. To get some extra peds to waste in hunting, mining or crafting. Was still depositing a lot for more fun, getting nice toys to play with and so on...

But now MA has to live without my dollars.

Ciao, Armin

wonder why ppl depositing if they arent happy playing the game?
must be like drinking piss, knowing its piss u drink. continue drinking piss...
doesnt make sense to me...
and yes im a happy EU player :laugh:

Browse the forum!

Sometimes I think there are more than 40%+ whinners around that are still playing (after years of whinning!)

I'm not happy with the way EU evolved, and I'm not a happy player anymore.

I did exactly the same thing, no deposits to MA anymore, cause they killed my investment. I did buy a hangar, to have a small business. To get some extra peds to waste in hunting, mining or crafting. Was still depositing a lot for more fun, getting nice toys to play with and so on...

But now MA has to live without my dollars.

Ciao, Armin

and another whinner!

BTW, since VU10 you earned a lot of PED by doing nothing, while earning money as a pilot was timeconsuming work pre VU10.
Don´t know how it works today and how much money you may earn with your hangar these days, but hey you still got your hangar and still can sell it.
It made you money for several years, and you still may recover your original investment, so why did MA kill your investment??? You already made profit, and hey did you ever deposit again after you bought the hangar? I don´t think so!
It would be a true statement if MA purged your account or just removed your hangar (how they did with my Thorkell´s Tomb shop back in 2005).

I am sure there is still the possibility to make money out of a hangar, or why do there exist threads "Buying Hangar" ????

and:
It was not your deposited dollars you used for playing, it was the dollars deposited by your passangers screwed out of your passangers, by the pilot line!

So what did MA lose now you don´t deposit?
Well I asume you didn´t do it since you bought the hangar (MA lost nothing!).

Voted yes, I love the gamble.

Also, I can't understand why anyone who plays the game enough to join a forum for said game, and votes in a poll on said forum about happiness could possibly say no. If you really are that unhappy, it might be time to withdraw the PED and start re-evaluating your life priorities, there has to be something more fulfilling than hanging around forums for a game you don't like.. :silly2:

^^ Yes, I'm over simplifying the issue, but you hopefully get where I'm going with that lol

Usually when these types or polls/questions pop up in forums only the positive view can be seen. Because akin to what you said people who are unhappy are most likely to leave, hence you'd never see many people who dislike it on the forums.

So what you have here are people who care about the game as much as people who still love but are just unhappy with it. That speaks volumes in my opinion.

From a purely rational and sane perspective, I would think that it would be 100% happy and zero unhappy. But that's just me. If I am unhappy in a game, I find another game to play.

From a purely rational and sane perspective, I would think that it would be 100% happy and zero unhappy. But that's just me. If I am unhappy in a game, I find another game to play.

Wait...

This is Entropia right?

Rational and sane?

:lolup:

:eyecrazy:

(and yes, I'm joking, I'm not actually mocking Trayles... I just thought I better add that for those who have a hair trigger and just look for something to attack)

Misery loves company.

BTW, since VU10 you earned a lot of PED by doing nothing, while earning money as a pilot was timeconsuming work pre VU10.

The money I earned while having a business was 3 times higher, than the money I got from MA.

Don´t know how it works today and how much money you may earn with your hangar these days, but hey you still got your hangar and still can sell it.

Nothing, cause everyone can do now the same transporting job, that I did, with a lot less initial investment. My investment for doing this have been 162k peds, now you can offer the same with equipment worth less than 1k peds.

Imagine if everybody in game who owns Shadow now had it taken away from them for 2 years, and when it was finally returned, was given a suit of Blackness Vindicator (cos its kinda blackish armor...) as a replacement on which they need to spend 50-70K to use it and they now can only use it if hunting in a team of at least 6 people, and their running speed is cut by half, but as an extra, they would gain 10 points of cold and electricity protection they get an UL armor plate that doesnt attach to the new armor set at all.

It made you money for several years, and you still may recover your original investment, so why did MA kill your

It made me money for one year after I bought it, then MA took it away. In my initial plan, the 162k peds investment would have been come back after around 4-5 years of travelling. Now I don't see any chance to get back my invested peds.

investment??? You already made profit, and hey did you ever deposit again after you bought the hangar? I don´t think so!

Sure I didn't stop depositing. In the last year alone, I deposited around $3500.

It would be a true statement if MA purged your account or just removed your hangar (how they did with my Thorkell´s Tomb shop back in 2005).

Well, your shop have come back, and it's still a shop. Ok, its position and look has changed, but you can do exactly the same thing with it as before.

Now look at the way the hangars have changed:

1. The TT of the old ship filled with oil have been 2500 peds. New ship+thruster has a TT of around 100 peds. So 2400 peds lost here.

2. The old ship does'nt have to compete in PVP zones. Not everyone likes PVP, especially lootable PVP. And I don't like it. What would you say, if your shop would be placed in the middle of PVP3?

3. MA promised that there would be great business opportunies for the hangar owners, once space opens up. And what did the hangar owners get? They had to buy a sleipnir or quad wing to get to their privateers. The privateers still can't land on the planets. The ships didn't do anything before buying some enhancements for lots of peds (Sub Warp Drive, Armament Device).

4. The ship itself is useless for commercial travel. The ship has only half of speed a sleipnir has. It can't be properly run without a crew. Before I could fly alone. Cause of it's speed it is very vulnerable against attacks, customers prefer the much faster quad wings. The ships SI can be upgraded now, but CAN? It's a must for some safety. And that costs again. Around 70k peds in minerals... :eek:

I am sure there is still the possibility to make money out of a hangar, or why do there exist threads "Buying Hangar" ????

As usual speculating people. If I could sell my hangar, ship and thruster today for the peds I've bought it minus all my hangar income of the last 3 years, I would do it at once.

It was not your deposited dollars you used for playing, it was the dollars deposited by your passangers screwed out of your passangers, by the pilot line!

Well, you as a passenger had always the chance, to take a non pilot line pilot. Most of the times you could negotiate with a pilot about the prices. Remember, a great part of the flight price went to MA each time. The old hangar ships ate a lot of oil and repair costs.

So what did MA lose now you don´t deposit?

I would say around $4000 per year from me.

All I expected/wanted back was a viable business, that's what I bought and why I bought it.

Instead I got a gunship that is too slow for commercial travel, outgunned by motherships and out maneuvered by everything else that flies and now I need a crew to even do these things poorly as the pilot has no control of the guns or repair stations.

Basically I no longer have anything even slightly resembling what I bought.

I'm sure if there was a product recall on my car that had me waiting for a replacement for 2 years only to have a motorcycle returned in its place I would have grounds to feel a bit pissed off.
I don't care how good or bad the bike is,its not what I bought and its as simple as that.

We were told we would be the 'pioneers' of space when in actual fact they sold that off to the new mothership owners and gave us a gimped mothership with less capabilities but the same costs to run.

We were told we would be an integral part of the space system when in actual fact we were barely an after thought.
We were the last ones to receive anything capable of space travel and we now know what we received has basically no influence on space what so ever.If all the privateers disappeared at once no one would even notice as it would have zero affect on space, that hardly sounds like an integral part.

Ciao, Armin

Right at this moment i'm an unhappy EU participant...loot has been anything but good and at this time i could really use some nice hof or big global to happen for me...i have played and supported this game with deposits for over 5 and a half years.....i've had my share of really good times and really bad times like a roller coaster ride....i am not always unhappy..just now when i really really really need a nice hit i don't get one so makes me kinda sad and unhappy...

I am both sad... and amused.... when people with numbers I would call amazing complain.

still here so yes,

though there are some things where i say like no.
but its ok i guess in the over all thing its a yes.

My investment for doing this have been 162k peds, now you can offer the same with equipment worth less than 1k peds.

It made me money for one year after I bought it, then MA took it away. In my initial plan, the 162k peds investment would have been come back after around 4-5 years of travelling. Now I don't see any chance to get back my invested peds.
Well, your shop have come back, and it's still a shop. Ok, its position and look has changed, but you can do exactly the same thing with it as before.

Sorry, I didn´t know all that about the hangars and space.
It sounds really hard for hangar owners.
Thought hangars where the most important part to do spacetravel.

And yes, got my shop back, and its still a shop.
Beside that you should know the trouble it took to get it back at all, and the initial 1000 times higher fee, when it came back.
After bombarding the support with many many complaints about the Thorkells shop issue, we finally got rid off all maintainance fee and all those shops are fine shops now.

Seems its time for you hangar owners, to bombard support to save your investments.

There should be at least a real need for the hangars, that offers the hangar owners some income.
Maybe not that much than good old pilot line times, but at least something!

Really didn´t know that it is possible to do spacetravel without a hangar, sorry mate.

It's a game right? Not a lifestyle.

So yes. Awesome.

who voted no..
wtf are you still doing in this game.
go find another game to play!!!

stop whining, we are all here because we secretly press a YES in our heart.

Back