Are you a happy EU participant?

Are you a happy EU participant?

• yes

Votes: 178 52.4%
  • no

Votes: 162 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well I had to vote no, simply because most of the friends I made when I started are idle or no longer play, I tend to have some difficulty in finding good team mates to hunt, I still have a few, but those large teams we used to make to hunt hogglos and chompers, back in the day when they were fun to hunt... some people miss beacons, makeup, taming, well I must admit I miss the social part this game used to have, and the fellowship I once knew, when everyone was really happy for a friend hof instead of the envious gz of nowadays...

Voted yes, I love the gamble.

Also, I can't understand why anyone who plays the game enough to join a forum for said game, and votes in a poll on said forum about happiness could possibly say no. If you really are that unhappy, it might be time to withdraw the PED and start re-evaluating your life priorities, there has to be something more fulfilling than hanging around forums for a game you don't like.. :silly2:

^^ Yes, I'm over simplifying the issue, but you hopefully get where I'm going with that lol

Voted yes, I love the gamble.

Also, I can't understand why anyone who plays the game enough to join a forum for said game, and votes in a poll on said forum about happiness could possibly say no. If you really are that unhappy, it might be time to withdraw the PED and start re-evaluating your life priorities, there has to be something more fulfilling than hanging around forums for a game you don't like.. :silly2:

^^ Yes, I'm over simplifying the issue, but you hopefully get where I'm going with that lol

Yes, you are over simplifying it :) LOL

It's really very simple why i'm here though not happy with it at the moment.
I like the game and it's basic concept!
I've spent a lot of peds into it.... and yes i can also withdrow a lot of my peds...but that's not my plan...I did depo.,,, I enjoyed it... as i said ... I see good potential for this game....but MA is not doing things right... and making the future of this game very murky....and that's why over all i'm unhappy.....

But at the moment i'm having fun in the arctic.. :)

I also think a lot of people would say "Happy", coz they want to justify their time and money spent into this game to support their addiction (some are really addicted to it!).

Yes, you are over simplifying it :) LOL

It's really very simple why i'm here though not happy with it at the moment.
I like the game and it's basic concept!
I've spent a lot of peds into it.... and yes i can also withdrow a lot of my peds...but that's not my plan...I did depo.,,, I enjoyed it... as i said ... I see good potential for this game....but MA is not doing things right... and making the future of this game very murky....and that's why over all i'm unhappy.....

But at the moment i'm having fun in the arctic.. :)

We all know you are having fun in the Arctic, you've said it in almost every thread on the forum at least twice. Now please give it a rest...

Well I'm loving EU at the moment.

I currently have a goal, and those that see me in game regularly can probably have a wild guess at what that is. It doesn't involve any risk to my pedcard.

That said I do like to have the occasional foray into mining, hunting or crafting - just to mix things up a little bit. :silly2:

I said No.

It's not that EU is causing me unhappiness in my life... I think some people are reading the question too literally.

It's that I am not happy with EU itself. It really hasn't turned out how I hoped it would. There are more things in game that are broken or nonsensical than there are working things. It really feels like a mishmash of failed plans.

I stick around because the concept is cool and I have deposited enough in the past to keep playing. I like to see how things turn out even if the satisfaction is like that of watching a train wreck. I haven't deposited in 1.5-2 years though.

No, just passing in on the forum and sometimes log in to say hi, probably be selling up soon :wise:

Voted yes. I'am actually very happy atm. I'm having lots more fun than I'm used to :D even if I'm taking chunks out of my ped balance doing it I honestly don't mind. More fun! & I love the oil rig on THING just pure brilliant.

Since there wasn't a middle ground poll option, I had to vote no. I'm quite displeased with the direction that Mindark has taken with the platform lately.

Space held so much potential, it was by far the main thing i wish was added to the game. And what did we get....another lootable pvp zone with almost no content in it. Such a huge let down its not even funny. Forcing everyone to participate in lootable pvp when 99% of the players want nothing to do with it is the biggest let down. But lack of things to do in space is just as bad. I cant believe they willingly decided to foster criminal activity in their game. And yes forced lootabled pvp i believe is a real world crime when the loot has real world value. Anyone who does it is stealing plain and simple. You can try to justify it, but in the end you are a common thief. That Mindark not only allows it to happen, but encourages it is just disgusting.

I could turn a blind eye to pvp3/4 i event ventured in those areas myself. And while they still fostered criminal activity in those areas, its nothing like making the whole of space lootable pvp. Since you must traverse it to get to areas huge areas of the game.

For 5 years i stuck by the Entropia has so much potential line. It still does....but ive lost hope that it will ever be realized now. Every new system they implement that is a shadow of what it could have been is another let down.

We all know you are having fun in the Arctic, you've said it in almost every thread on the forum at least twice. Now please give it a rest...

LOL. I can't give it a rest when im having fun and i like to share my fun with others .that's all
BTW... ...........low threshold? j/k .............enjoy :)

Yes i love this fucking game:scratch2:
No i hate how they run it! alot ! sometimeseyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:
Sometimes im not sure at all . . . :confused:

No middle ground so I had to vote no. Not happy about space, it could have been so much better and not happy about the way they refused to answer questions about it even though they're the new forum posting MA.

Would people have spent quite so much on their MS if they'd told us it was lootable space?

It seems the most people love EU it's MA we hate.

Well, given the options I had to vote Yes. There are some things I'm happy about, some things I'm not. But I'm playing for fun, and I'm still here, so I figure I must be happier than not.

Voted no mainly because lately i had to depo too often to do small crap (eco too).
I do think there`s potential to be unleashed and we have a jewel hidden in a pile of dung.

Well, given the options I had to vote Yes. There are some things I'm happy about, some things I'm not. But I'm playing for fun, and I'm still here, so I figure I must be happier than not.

Quite similar here, but I had to vote No, although my heart would have voted yes.

Thanks so far for partaking and the good comments. They are quite constructive and therefore better as the ones in the last years, where we had a lot of whining.

had to vote no,

although there are a great many new things that a very nice, vehicles, new planets, etc. at the core im stuck in a kind of upper noob hell(~90k skills) where i need a huge leap of ped to progress to where i can do fun things. returns just fluctuate too much, especially last couple monthes.

If I weren't, I wouldn't still be depositing ;)

Yep, I'm pretty happy for the most part.

There are a lot of things I wish were different... for example I hate (L) weapons. That whole concept annoys the hell out of me, to the point that I'm pretty much done buying them. There are a few other things that bug me.... but I'm not going to turn this into a rant.

On the positive side.. I'm back in DK-S and loving it, and while the Entropia community seems to have changed over the years, some for the better, some for the worse, it's still overall better than pretty much any other online community.

Like the real world, there are good days, and bad days. Days when I want to chip out and withdraw, and days when I want to deposit more. But I keep coming back.

Yes, and I would have voted that before Sundays big loot too. :)

hmm IIRC my stats are 2009 yes, 2010 no and now 2011 yes again. :) Thanks to Arkadia devs. :)

I am a happy EU participant and have been since 2006 because i play this for fun. In the past i used to put too much $$ in the game. Nowadays i just depo some and have fun. Trying to get uber loots as a goal has never crossed my mind ever since the first day.

Happy, Happy... Joy, Joy. :)

Love EU and the journey it has provided these fun seven years. Like IRL, it has beauty, ugliness, freedom of choice, irritating changes, and people that are all so different from me.

Keep it going. <3

after more than 3 and half year playing with ava "matho" I decided to ask support to delete him. After some time I came back, started again with new ava, left my bad habits behind me, started to play a bit "smarter" and whoala, it is working.
Im enjoying EU and Im satisfied.
To top of that - I got a great job and we are awaiting baby with my lovely gf.

For Me - everything is ok :)

Considering ourselves happy/unhappy in EU is tied with state of our minds in RL.
You can improve your EU experience by improving RL.
You hardly can improve RL by some hofs/good loots.

just keep an eye on priorities :)

I happened upon the Next Island site and started there, not knowing it was lovely but largely undeveloped and very few other players there. It is lovely though, waiting for the new content on Oct. 4th, and though I sort of finished the quest content in my first month (other than high level cyclops hunting in Ancient Greece with a brittle sword and a dress) I can see that hunting and further content extend into the future. And...it is a physically beautiful environment. At high settings, it's just a stunning place.

Now I've taken a little trip to Calypso, for a couple events and to see another place, but Next Island will always be my tropical home.

I have to say that while I have seen the limitations of this largely unfinished game, I also see the potential, and am enjoying the present. So I vote "happy." Even while I sometimes post critically.

Wasn't sure how to answer. The less I participate, the happier I am. :laugh:

Considering ourselves happy/unhappy in EU is tied with state of our minds in RL.
You can improve your EU experience by improving RL.
You hardly can improve RL by some hofs/good loots.

just keep an eye on priorities :)

I second that and my votes on the polls also prove the point to some extend.

a simple bumb. Have to do this till poll expires.

I voted YES! :yay: i love everything in this game:smoke: and if i lose much ped fast then its my own fault. yes maybe i´m mad sometimes because the loot is bad for me, i could play more eco but i never will:silly2:
i´m happy :yay:

Back