Votes: 43 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Akoz

Rogue Banker
Society
Shaolin
Akoz
It is time to vote on the best newcomer guide.

The winner will receives a 500 PED award!

To reduce "popularity votes" I will remove the authors names from the poll itself, although it will still be clear when you read the guides. Please make sure you read the guides, or at least look them over before voting!

The task given was:
I'd therefor like to put forward a 500 ped prize to whoever can write the best mini-guide to entropia targeted at the players that did not yet hear about the game at all.
Just all the basic info about the game that makes you want to play it, some info about how to sign up, maybe troubleshooting, and then some pointers to the first info you need after starting out.
I'm thinking something between 1k and 5k words, but the point is it has to readable (no 10 page essay!) and encouraging. Add your best screenshots or entropia art to make it lively.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...buying-hiring-competition-newcomer-guide.html

Which of the following guides would you give to your friend who never heard about Entropia before, in order to make him play:

Alternative A: pdf file
Alternative B: pdf file
Alternative C: blog
Alternative D: forum post
Alternative E: forum post

Should two or more candidates get a really similar amount of votes the winner will be decided by a Jury.

Help us find the winner! Vote for your favorite!

Last edited:
I'll read the guides later, but if you want to keep your friends, you'd be better of not telling them about EU at all :D

A and E are the best ones imho. I use guide A for learning to play, so I voted for that one, but E is really a good one too.
B isn't really a guide, but more explaining what the game is about.
C is rather good too, but lacks info on mining, and that's what I like to do.
D is too short and not easy enough to understand.

I'll read the guides later, but if you want to keep your friends, you'd be better of not telling them about EU at all :D

lol
was my first thought too :(

You can't avoid popularity votes, random votes (we all know how many times we sinfully placed a random vote just for EFD...:D) and this way you wont be able to chose the most informative guide. Would have been better to ask a few respected and knowledgeable members of the community to decide which one contains the most accurate and complete info. Thats what you want from a guide right?
Seeing other guides already have names on them (despite them being 'not published') I will say I voted for option A, Alice's guide. You all know her guide was for long the best (if not the only) guide out there.
Go Alice go!..:)

that's why i tell co-workers about it

And you are still employed? I'm guessing that none of them ahve checked it out then... :laugh:

I would pick A in first place. E in second place. those 2 A + E are more better than other choices.

:)

Second place isnt bad. I just recetly starting writing guides. Just a suggestion is to put there names, because people are still going to look and vote for there friends.

Second place isnt bad. I just recetly starting writing guides. Just a suggestion is to put there names, because people are still going to look and vote for there friends.

I would think that this is precisely the reason names were not included.

one of the reason i don't start writtening one is there al real good one out. You know who

True

But, when you click on a guide it's there forum post, and it has there name... So it may have been better to pm them to him in the first place and let him repost them.

out of the ones above. I voted A. why? simple appealed mostly.

non of them would qualify as "superb" though IMHO they seem to all be more intorductions to the insanly basic how to play the game, no real guides on where,who,what and how etc, they are to short for that :p

but A has the most detailed explanation of them though, thus I vote A

D is too short and not easy enough to understand.

^^ in my defense...

Just all the basic info about the game that makes you want to play it, some info about how to sign up, maybe troubleshooting, and then some pointers to the first info you need after starting out.
I'm thinking something between 1k and 5k words, but the point is it has to readable (no 10 page essay!) and encouraging

I took the quick sales pitch approach based on the original post, I do think all the others are better tutorials, however I thought the premise was to quickly "sell" the idea of EU to people who don't know it. Why would you read a long step by step about a game that you don't even know if you want to play yet?

was my thinking at least, but it looks like im getting my butt kicked :laugh::laugh:

gl to all in the contest

Ok

I agree. Mind doing an experiment. Change my guide to letter A. I want to see how many random voters there are :laugh:

hmm

I prefer E then A :)

The rest are a little too light to me.

Lack of details:rolleyes:

Lez. :wtg:

^^ in my defense...

I took the quick sales pitch approach based on the original post, I do think all the others are better tutorials, however I thought the premise was to quickly "sell" the idea of EU to people who don't know it. Why would you read a long step by step about a game that you don't even know if you want to play yet?

Indeed it was

^^ in my defense...

was my thinking at least, but it looks like im getting my butt kicked :laugh::laugh:

gl to all in the contest

Yeah I was assuming the same from the original request, well too bad for us but I am still glad I wrote this document. :)

Hmmm, is 50 dollars worth the effort to make 30 fake accounts and vote myself up?

Jk :)

:yay: Congrats to the winner! :yay:

Hmmm

You can't avoid popularity votes, random votes (we all know how many times we sinfully placed a random vote just for EFD...:D) and this way you wont be able to chose the most informative guide. Would have been better to ask a few respected and knowledgeable members of the community to decide which one contains the most accurate and complete info. Thats what you want from a guide right?
Seeing other guides already have names on them (despite them being 'not published') I will say I voted for option A, Alice's guide. You all know her guide was for long the best (if not the only) guide out there.
Go Alice go!..:)

I think that a panel of the judges should vote for there favorite guide. It would be nice to see some mods judging guides. I believe thats the more fair option? It will remove the random efd vote aspect and it will take out popularity votes. (I hope)

I think that a panel of the judges should vote for there favorite guide. It would be nice to see some mods judging guides. I believe thats the more fair option? It will remove the random efd vote aspect and it will take out popularity votes. (I hope)

That would be changing the rules of the contest mid-stream, and that is simply not fair. I'm getting my butt whooped just as bad as you are m8, doesn't mean we should change the rules hoping we have a better chance.

I agree,

While we could argue it is unfair for this or that reason, the contest in on and the winner is obvious. I lose just like you black, lets lose with dignity :cool:

Regardless, I do believe the voting was fair and the best guide won.

I wish to say, once again, congratulations to Guide A! Thank you for working hard to provide newcomers to this game an easier start.

I hope that you, along with the rest of us entrents, and anyone who made a guide but has not yet entered, continues to work upon and improve their respective guides, and continues to work to make their guides accessible to all new players for the betterment of all!

Lol

That would be changing the rules of the contest mid-stream, and that is simply not fair. I'm getting my butt whooped just as bad as you are m8, doesn't mean we should change the rules hoping we have a better chance.

Yes it does.... Lol. No im Joking, well see who wins by the end of the week. I see that guide D is in seccond place. Maybe it will catch up? Well good job to guide A and congratz to alice.

Yes it does.... Lol. No im Joking, well see who wins by the end of the week. I see that guide D is in seccond place. Maybe it will catch up? Well good job to guide A and congratz to alice.
i stayed out of the thread on purpose and didnt mention the thing in my thread here either

if you want to have a jury voiting i would be ok with it too

i am not that much after the peds tbh
would be great to win some though :d

Thats nice

But hes right you probably won. So if you did enjoy your peds :)

I would be curious to see a a jury label the strengths and weakness' of each post, thereby creating a formula to maximize the potential of a newcomers guide. No prize required ofc, but would be curious the outcome of a more complex rating system.

and gratz Alice, for a tutorial yours is the best imo, you've done many and I have always been impressed, might as well get some peds for it once in a while ;)

I would be curious to see a a jury label the strengths and weakness' of each post, thereby creating a formula to maximize the potential of a newcomers guide. No prize required ofc, but would be curious the outcome of a more complex rating system.

and gratz Alice, for a tutorial yours is the best imo, you've done many and I have always been impressed, might as well get some peds for it once in a while ;)

I agree

I would love for a jury to compare my guide with the others and show me where mine is lacking. Not because I feel this is unfair or anything, but rather because I would love too see my weaknesses so I can fix them :D

Hmm

I have to agree with that. A panel of senior entropia members rating my guides and finding the weaknesses, so that I can fix them would be nice.

Back