Beware of Trade Window Scams

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
17 Nov 2006
When dealing with other avatars, please make sure that the deal you have confirmed is correctly presented in the receipt window, before you accept and the close the deal.

More...

the bug is mor severe than that

The trade bug can lead you in terrible loses in entropia universe.Even when the receipt window shows the items you traded for but when you checks your inventory later on you finds that there is no or less items you got in return.

17 Nov 2006
When dealing with other avatars, please make sure that the deal you have confirmed is correctly presented in the receipt window, before you accept and the close the deal.

More...

Beware of programming bugs
When programming an application that has thousands of users, please make sure your code is correct and tested, before you upload the version update and reopen the servers.

should be in the client loader!

Edited as this is from 2006. June 2007 bug is very much "live"

Last edited:
Necro Bertha? :revive:

Resurrecting a seven month old official statement to highlight a bug introduced in the last couple of weeks is not exactly the smartest move. It will just confuse people into thinking MA has acknowledged the recent problem.

Last edited:

Resurrecting a seven month old official statement to highlight a bug introduced in the last couple of weeks is not exactly the smartest move. It will just confuse people into thinking MA has acknowledged the recent problem.

Good catch.

I wonder if 711 can add anti-necro protection to the forum.

This thread should be deleted or locked IMO, before people get the wrong Idea.

This new issue Is still there. People may be trusting once again and make serious trades. Personally If I were buying/selling something more than 1k PED right now, Id wait till the bug was offically fixed before doing so ...

Also I dont think there'd be a good soloution to not necroing certain posts. Although maybe just posts from Bertha. Afterall, no one needs to bump a thread this old from a support message mirror.

i asked MA support on wednesday and i have recieved confiramation that the trade bug which allowed u to change the ammount of items traded has been fixed on tuesday

unless u are talking about a different bug

All the Best
Ido

Don't know if it has any relation to the trade exploit or not, but i had some kind of trade-bug on friday. Trade just would't register, after confirming and everything, we would still end up with out own items. Had to re-trade soc mate like 4 times.

Something to remember:
14,000 registered members on EF out of 600,000 participants. Any bugs or official warnings should be maintained in the client loader. Seems they just get swept away and replaced with PR information there :(
I know I know, neg rep me

Something to remember:
14,000 registered members on EF out of 600,000 participants. Any bugs or official warnings should be maintained in the client loader. Seems they just get swept away and replaced with PR information there :(
I know I know, neg rep me

What does that have to do with anything? MA isn't making these announcements on this site. Bertha Bot is. Where's the bot finding the information? WWW.ENTROPIAUNIVERSE.COM Every account has access there. ;)

Bertha dont necro.
There NO such a news in 17 nov 2006 ...I have cheked MA archive , there is no news about trade bug.I have dont search on EF , no thread about that kind of bug in that time.
Also , bertha would link in other part of MA site , the archive,but not the last support news.

Seems to me , MA posted the news about the bug but misspelled date ( i personally do that very often) , then MA deleted the post...

As far as i know , berthat is coded to "read" a specific page , not the 1 year old archive page... how can bertha make that big error...

What does that have to do with anything? MA isn't making these announcements on this site. Bertha Bot is. Where's the bot finding the information? WWW.ENTROPIAUNIVERSE.COM Every account has access there. ;)

Show me the original post please ?

Last edited:
Bertha dont necro.
There NO such a news in 17 06 2006 ...I have cheked MA archive , there is no news about trade bug.I have dont search on EF , no thread about that kind of bug in that time.
Also , bertha would link in other part of MA site , the archive,but not the last support news.

Seems to me , MA posted the news about the bug but misspelled date ( i personally do that very often) , then MA deleted the post...

As far as i know , berthat is coded to "read" a specific page , not the 1 year old archive page... how can bertha make that big error...

Show me the original post please ?

Bertha didn't necro. There's a glitch somewhere. This was posted originally in November. Look at the forum posting dates. Also take a look at the first reply.

Bertha didn't necro. There's a glitch somewhere. This was posted originally in November. Look at the forum posting dates. Also take a look at the first reply.

To necro a news , first step is to have a new , so far , i dont remember of that new , and , from my research , i have not find it in archive ; MA site , and EF archive.

Would you mind providing me a link to support news archive for MA? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I can only find the earliest as May of this year. I can however search the other news archive, but there's no support news in there.

As far as this thread goes, I'm saying that I remember this being posted in November of last year. It had something to do with people tricking the trade system by repeatedly adding and clearing things in the trade window. This newest trade bug is different than that one in that this one makes everything look normal but doesn't give all goods that were confirmed nor all the money.

Look at Bertha's post date. The first person to reply in this thread is the one that necro'd it. Hell, I could be wrong. I have been before and will continue to do so in the future. I guess the only way we can clear up when this actually was posted is to ask your society mate to dig through his logs.

Support news isn't archived. I think it is either a deliberate policy of MA to avoid reminding people of the problems of the past, or perhaps to avoid confusing people about bugs that no longer exist.

Take your pick based on your personal level of paranoia. :D

:laugh: old bertha story gets necroed and people get very confused. ironically, it is timely since the bug itself, or a similar one, has been necroed in game this last VU. further confusion is brought about by the news article not actually existing anymore. but then far more significant recent articles have gone, so this should be a surprise, and looking though the "archive" i sure lots of similar support related news is missing.

Bertha dont necro.
There NO such a news in 17 nov 2006 ...I have cheked MA archive , there is no news about trade bug.I have dont search on EF , no thread about that kind of bug in that time.

Take a look at the forum post date. This is old news that sourabh1677 has brought back to the top. As I mentioned in the post just above this one, support news is not archived.

Bertha's posts about support news always point to the current support news page since there is no archive to link to.

Haven see bertha post date , through you was speaking about the date write in post...
Very strange that noone has write anything in the thread back then...

And no , there no new support archive, only general archive...
But , suposedly , all "news" go in general archive...

:rofl:

+reps for that one :laugh:

Thank god "sourabh1677" is full of minus reps now ;)

Only the general news goes into the general news archive. The support news and developers blog are not archived.

And that added to the blinding effect caused by the passionate hate some ppl have for MA, creates an even bigger confusion. :rolleyes:

Only the general news goes into the general news archive. The support news and developers blog are not archived.

True :wise:

If you notice, MA have 5 different channels of general news plus the support news and the dev blog.

The News Archive only archives the Headline News, Version Update News, Press, EBN News, Entropia News.

Yes, i don't know why they separate the news in all these categories when there are not that much news at all.

Apart from that i can assure you that this Support News item existed. And Midori is right, as there are no Support News archive Bertha simply links to the Support News page. (it has always been like that)

And it is not that strange that this post from Bertha didn't had any replies there are a few more with 0 replies.

17 Nov 2006

More...

i DONT get it... this message says: just check the first and second trade-window twice and be sure that the amount of peds and/or the item is correct.

===

user messages in this thread sounds like that it is possible that the item and the peds CAN be looking okay in the TWO trade windows (affirmation) BUT then it may be possible you dont get what you have affirmed TWICE ??? :scratch2:

i DONT get it... this message says: just check the first and second trade-window twice and be sure that the amount of peds and/or the item is correct.

===

user messages in this thread sounds like that it is possible that the item and the peds CAN be looking okay in the TWO trade windows (affirmation) BUT then it may be possible you dont get what you have affirmed TWICE ??? :scratch2:

The problem is that the thread has been hijacked into a separate discussion completely unrelated to MA's initial announcement.

If I recall correctly, the message from MA was released in November as a general warning for participants to be careful when using the PvP trade system. In December some bugs in the trade system were reported on this forum but MA made no official statement. Then in June of this year the latest VU appeared to introduce a trading exploit (that MA fixed quickly) as well as some random trade bugs that I have not yet seen myself.

The first person who posted on this thread decided to be helpful by resurrecting this official message to help warn people of the problems. However, the result has just been a greater level of confusion than there was to begin with.

For more information on the recent exploit and bugs, see here.

there are rogue traders trading based on trust, it appears they see the discrepancy after the bug effects the trade and open a trade window and make the deal correct. What to do....

Back