Calypso Land Deeds will be migrated to the Entropia Exchange

16 February 2023 we will know if this was a good call both for Mindark and the owners.

I've thought about this over the weekend.

Whilst the loan / sale agreement will affect the top end equipment swaps (possibly deliberate - MA make no money out of swapsies on daggers etc)
it may actually make things more affordable - depending on what you have in your storage will depend on whether you like this change.

Supermarkets have 'impulse buy' chocolate bars 🍫 as you leave for 'oh go on then' and add to 🧺

A Calypso Share for $3 is an impulse buy for both existing and newly registering players but if you were to ask a relatively new person to Entropia for $300 their second word would be 'off'

Long standing readers of my many posts know I have a hatred of scammers and low lifes and a compassion for those that accidentally sold 10 CLD for the price of 1 (all too easy in an auction system that has barely changed in 17 years and certainly wasnt fit for deeds sales)

For those people, this change stops them making profit by cheating the system and lets be sure, those people use their 'alt accounts' for this purpose.

I hope this post manages to stay in place. Took me 10 minutes to put it down to screen.

I agree, the deeds will be at a more affordable price. I can't see them holding 30 ped value though.

One thing I like about the exchange, is it only allows purchases of the lowest value deeds first. So there's always sellers trying to undercut the last listed deeds. Funny stuff.

The system favours the buy side. Obviously at some point the buyer will become a seller too.

Assuming some players were holding CLD for collateral, I can foresee alot of sales coming. I wouldn't be surprised to see the deeds drop to 20 ped. Maybe even some panic selling, to hopefully buy back lower. Let the run commence.

MA might have a load of deeds to sell , who knows.

6m deeds though is ton of liquidity. I know alot of people are unhappy. But I'm quite excited about it. Call it... trading thrill maybe. It's fun.

Rick.

60k*100=6000k (6M) Isn't it? :)

SIx million in the UK is 6,000,000
Looks good to me. 6m or 6000k is the same number right?

I remember some years ago, didn't the USA call 100 million a billion? Dunno now haha.

Does Rick still have voting right btw?

Funny stuff. When CLD were first sold, a voting system was planned to come in for CLD holders, bit it never happened. I bought a load back in the day. Sold at 1250 each... thought that was a good deal then. Oh well, swings and roundabouts.

Funny stuff. When CLD were first sold, a voting system was planned to come in for CLD holders, bit it never happened. I bought a load back in the day. Sold at 1250 each... thought that was a good deal then. Oh well, swings and roundabouts.
To be honest, be thankful that those that own those 60,000 dont have voting rights.

If you think Entropia is in a bad way now, it would be way, way worse if those 'owners' could vote things in. :D

However, even I could not forsee Macaulay turning up and bringing in Looter and Efficiency to a universe near you that didn't need or want it.

Let alone [F] ucking macro controls blowing the ToU apart. :D

To be honest, be thankful that those that own those 60,000 dont have voting rights.

If you think Entropia is in a bad way now, it would be way, way worse if those 'owners' could vote things in. :D

True; but let's be honest, the voting options would have gone something like this;

For this next quarter, vote on your preferred update:

1) Visual update for mining gear.
2) Adjust the terrain around twin peaks
3) bring back sit on the floor
4) redesign a new teleporter for PA
5) Mystery vote, anything goes.

Would've all been a bit silly and pointless, I reckon.

Rick.

True; but let's be honest, the voting options would have gone something like this;

For this next quarter, vote on your preferred update:

1) Visual update for mining gear.
2) Adjust the terrain around twin peaks
3) bring back sit on the floor
4) redesign a new teleporter for PA
5) Mystery vote, anything goes.

Would've all been a bit silly and pointless, I reckon.

Rick.
For those that mostly reside on Calypso (more than those reading this would think)

Mindark put an RDI instance in (for the top 50 players)
Mindark put a space boss wave thing in (for 25 players maybe? )
That is it.

They blamed the Pandemic, which many of us found understandable (things were.... pretty hectic and scary)
When withdrawals were slowed - they blamed a premise move (yeah right, its all on paper etc()

For those of us who remember 10+ years ago, new stuff regularly occured. I have not seen anything, apart from the above which didnt affect anyone I know

I have seen jack all progress in the past 3 years and as Macaulay doesn't do 'State of the Union' addresses ever, expect to get

More shawn, than Shaun the Sheep 🐑
I am getting banned for this post btw, but I hope you liked it if you saw it before it was deleted. :D

For those that mostly reside on Calypso (more than those reading this would think)

Mindark put an RDI instance in (for the top 50 players)
Mindark put a space boss wave thing in (for 25 players maybe? )
That is it.

They blamed the Pandemic, which many of us found understandable (things were.... pretty hectic and scary)
When withdrawals were slowed - they blamed a premise move (yeah right, its all on paper etc()

For those of us who remember 10+ years ago, new stuff regularly occured. I have not seen anything, apart from the above which didnt affect anyone I know

I have seen jack all progress in the past 3 years and as Macaulay doesn't do 'State of the Union' addresses ever, expect to get

More shawn, than Shaun the Sheep 🐑
I am getting banned for this post btw, but I hope you liked it if you saw it before it was deleted. :D

Probably more changes happened that we've forgotten about.

Aim boxes around mobs went..
Auto shooting
Loads of visual changes
Rings
Loot boxes
Codex skills thing
Mission/weapon brokers
Pets (taming Island which i love)
Few constant instances, before those new big ones.

My eyes can't handle it anymore, 2 - 4 hours max online and I'm done. 🤣🤣

Maybe one of my daughters will take my ava one day.

You should just chill fella, you must be getting on in life as well now.

I enjoy the little things in game. Collect my Micro ped deed income haha.. Little things tick my boxes now.... just like good dad jokes.

Think about the CLD fallout... and chuckle about it.

Nn Rick

At least they gave you a valentine's gift.

• Haha
Reactions: jak
I heard they abandoned voting system as soon as you have purchased your first CLD.

@My|MindAr @Ludvig|MindArk

I just thought up a brilliant idea how to make this work...

In the trade UI build in an option where players can trade any shares they have to another player. It would show in the trade windows like normal ptp trades but would move shares from one player to another in the exchange!
This would allow players to still use CLD or shares or whatever as collateral and thus hold some of the perseived value.

This would help the player base and MindArk.

I don't like it either, but I also think most of us will forget about it in about 2 weeks. It is not that serious.

I don't like it either, but I also think most of us will forget about it in about 2 weeks. It is not that serious.
On the flip side $18,000,000 has just been changed from a fundamental point of view in 3 days. (180,000,000 ped)

That is not a small amount of money for a videogames virtual land deed assets.

PPL1: Can I borrow your expencive item?
PPL2: Yes, no probs mate. I just need 10 CLD's for it as colleteral (Value for 1 CLD = 3000 ped)
PPL1: Great here you are 10 CLD's
... time goes on ...
MindArk: We transfer all CLD's to CLDT
PPL2: Hi mate. I like my item back
PPL1: No probs mate. Just give me my CLD's - wait they dont exsist any more - just hand over 30000 ped instead
PPL2: [Thinking Hmmm - I have to place the CLDT on the Entropia Exchange. Wonder what price I can get for them - now a lot other lenders mide do the same]
.... to be continued at February 16th, 2 PM UTC

... if the price goes up, the arguments may be interesting.
... if the price goes down, the arguments may be interesting.

Just as a small comment, I find it a bit ironic that the new entity in charge of the shares (CLDT) is called a 'trust'. Possibly a bit of an unfortunate word right now, eh?

15 minutes in and cheapest offer is 39 ped ... wtf, so they gone from 3.1k to 3.9k ... People buying that are not sane imo
Jokes on you, you missed out being able to sell a few for 100ped as a mate of mine did.

Down to 38P as the collateral people try to figure out what to do XD

edit 25 seconds later 37.5p
edit 2 min later 36.7p
edit 2 min later 36p.
edit 3 min later 34.8p

To the floor! Too the floor! Two the floor!

Last edited:
Jokes on you, you missed out being able to sell a few for 100ped as a mate of mine did.

Down to 38P as the collateral people try to figure out what to do XD

edit 25 seconds later 37.5p
edit 2 min later 36.7p
edit 2 min later 36p.

To the floor! Too the floor! Two the floor!
Only problem. there is not a buy lane only a sell lane....

It is like in the stock marked when there is no buyer ......

1hr ago 170 sold for avg 40+
now where theres so many offers for under 40 > 270 sold for 40+
average MU should go down soon or i smell market manipulation (its cheap to to it on the exchange)

Why have people bought for 40+ PED anyways?

average MU should go down soon or i smell market manipulation (its cheap to to it on the exchange)

Trades only because available 40 minutes ago.

The price might go down below the "old" price until people realise AUDs are like 90 peds for an average of 5 pec per week, which will be almost the same as 1 CLDT.

If you compare the payout of the new CLD shares to existing shares, the 30p price is too cheap.
It was just too expensive as a CLD already, but now with 1/100 value, many more can have acces and buy them.

I expect the CLD shares to be expensiver than the CLD were, ofc the first few days - weeks can be caotic, but once its normalized, i expect them to be above 30ped each.

The price might go down below the "old" price until people realise AUDs are like 90 peds for an average of 5 pec per week, which will be almost the same as 1 CLDT.
So, are you saying, CLDT will be lige 90 peds in a not so far time?

So, are you saying, CLDT will be lige 90 peds in a not so far time?

Maybe not 90 Peds soon, maybe 90-100 peds in 2-3 years, especially with the release of UE5, I don't know. But if AUDs sells for 90-100 peds and gives the same return as CLDTs... why wouldn't it be the same price ? Calypso is the most populated planet anyway, means there is a better scability.
The price might go down to 25 peds, even 20 peds because of the panic sales, but the price will go back up to at least 50 peds, that's just my opinion tho

Maybe not 90 Peds soon, maybe 90-100 peds in 2-3 years, especially with the release of UE5, I don't know. But if AUDs sells for 90-100 peds and gives the same return as CLDTs... why wouldn't it be the same price ? Calypso is the most populated planet anyway, means there is a better scability.
The price might go down to 25 peds, even 20 peds because of the panic sales, but the price will go back up to at least 50 peds, that's just my opinion tho
Also when you take into consideration, that the need for CLD as coletteral is not pressent anymore?

Not that much panic sales. There are only 33 CLD's at sale when you take away those 190 at 100ped

Back