Camp the Marker???

Should socs be allowed to camp the marker before start of LG?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
P

Polynices

Should societies be able to camp the marker before the LG starts?

or, should the area be cleared before the start and ppl start from a TP or far away revive?

as it is, there were NO changes of marker possession the outcome seemed highly predictable (for this and other reasons ofc).

Should societies be able to camp the marker before the LG starts?

or, should the area be cleared before the start and ppl start from a TP or far away revive?

as it is, there were NO changes of marker possession the outcome seemed highly predictable (for this and other reasons ofc).

The reason M2S and Warants won wasn't because of camping the marker. I'm not sure if they even did. From what I've heard, plenty of other people did, and got pwned within seconds of 12:30.

The reason M2S and Warants won wasn't because of camping the marker. I'm not sure if they even did. From what I've heard, plenty of other people did, and got pwned within seconds of 12:30.

Yeah... what Oleg said. Definately. In fact, if M2S or Warants had shown up late I think the outcome would have been exactly the same.

didn't say that was THE reason.

warants did camp the marker along with everybody else. all lined up at the marker to claim as soon as it was possible. that was allowed by MA. I'm not saying they should not have done that.

What I'm saying is that MA shouldn't allow anybody to do that. Make socs use whatever TP chips, wormhole chips, soc chat, voice chat, etc. to get to the various markers.

This would also allow for head-fakes, u might get to the marker and find it's already claimed by XXX soc b/c u were a bit slow, then u gotta fight or go somewhere else. some might say that is a semantic difference btwn camping the LA, but i'd say that will make LG more of a LG.

surely it is for other societies to harrass those "camped" before the start so that they cant? (if you see what i mean)

how is starting at the nearest revive/TP going to help if thats PvP or if once you tp in you find Skalman or Star is there just ahead of you?

so basically, instead of claiing it 5 seconds after the start, they would claim it 20 seconds after the start (teleport time+kill nubs+claim time). Don't know how much you were paying attention to the hofs list but warants lost 8members within a minute and it didn't make a lick of difference

A little senseless as this won´t influence the result in any way!

The socs with the biggest guns and faps win Landgrab thats it!

surely it is for other societies to harrass those "camped" before the start so that they cant? (if you see what i mean)

the area, at least at LA18, didn't turn PvP until the event began.

how is starting at the nearest revive/TP going to help if thats PvP or if once you tp in you find Skalman or Star is there just ahead of you?

u should have bought a better TP chip or wormhole or went to a different marker... or got better info from ur socmates, FL, etc.

doesn't seem like much of a "grab" if ppl circle 1/2 inch away from the marker at the beginning of the event.

so basically, instead of claiing it 5 seconds after the start, they would claim it 20 seconds after the start (teleport time+kill nubs+claim time).

u got it. wtg

Don't know how much you were paying attention to the hofs list but warants lost 8members within a minute and it didn't make a lick of difference

well this is an issue of equipment, skills, etc. not with the starting of the event.

A little senseless as this won´t influence the result in any way!

getting out of bed on the right side instead of the left won't change ur day... or will it?

it may be semantics to some, but can't u see how getting to the marker and claiming it would be better than camping the marker? "better" in the sense that it's more of a "grab" than an allotment.

You have got to be kidding me. first it was the uninformed people saying an LR48 and A106 would give a mid level player a chance of surviving. that was a complete joke.

Now this thread with someone bothering to actually care whether or not they are allowed to stand next to the marker.

Give me a break, do you honestly believe that would have made ANY difference whatsoever.

If this is such a big deal why didn't people just jump in and kill them for doing that?

I will tell you why.

BECAUSE YOU CAN'T KIL THEM!!

That's why it makes no difference at all who was standing where or who started where. Becuase even if they were forced to start on Calypso you are not going to last more than 5 minutes absolute maximum and likely less than 60 seconds.

You have got to be kidding me. first it was the uninformed people saying an LR48 and A106 would give a mid level player a chance of surviving. that was a complete joke.

100% not kidding.

Now this thread with someone bothering to actually care whether or not they are allowed to stand next to the marker.

Hi, I guess that someone is me. :scratch2: it's not whether they should be allowed, it's whether anyone should be allowed.

Give me a break, do you honestly believe that would have made ANY difference whatsoever.

it's not whether there would have been any difference in the outcome, it's whether this is a "landgrab" or not, imho.

If this is such a big deal why didn't people just jump in and kill them for doing that?

I will tell you why.

BECAUSE YOU CAN'T KIL THEM!!

you're both wrong and right. the area was not PvP until the event began.

i know, we'll do it like this.

tp chips will be disabled in the area. everyone has to start beyond 1km from the claim, except those above a certain agility/health who start from 2km. On the start signal we all run in, Oklahoma style. whoever gets there first takes the land until dead. :rolleyes:

on the other hand, you do have one point, the LG lands should be PvP in the run up too.

100% not kidding.

Are you sure?

Damn I have seen a screen of this warm-up LG.

There you could see Ogulak holding his FAP and he said in public chat:
"Try to kill someone else, you are wasting ammo on me!"

I think that said enough how easy it is to kill an UBER, as he found time to write in chat beside fapping, without any risk of beeing PKed.

Are you sure?

I think that said enough how easy it is to kill an UBER, as he found time to write in chat beside fapping, without any risk of beeing PKed.
He would not have had that luxury had he been defending, like M2S was. There is a reason Star was not just standing there with her fap in Eon. If she hadn't kept killing attackers, her soc would be dead and waiting to revive, and even the top ubers cannot live when 30 others are blasting away with weapons that do 120 dmg or more.

Are you sure?

yes i'm sure. i think u are more focused on equipment/skills than the suggested rule change.

Back