Can you Buy Diet Coke in your Country?

Adamas

Old Alpha
Society
Planet Express
Usurper Adamas Sheridan
Rumor has it that in most European countries have banned Aspertine (spelling?) Its the stuff thats in Diet Coke or Artifical Sugers.

So, my question is, what country you in and can you buy Diet coke.

Thanks for the info.

Rumor has it that in most European countries have banned Aspertine (spelling?) Its the stuff thats in Diet Coke or Artifical Sugers.
Aspartame, and this claim is false.

Aspartame......

Diet Coke available in the UK.

Aspa is used in LOADS of diet products, and lots of none diet too......
(why don't they just use sugar?)
Try buying chewing gum without it:rolleyes:

p.s. ASDA own brand juices and pops do not contain it, even the diet stuff ;)

Stinky:yay:

No problem in the USA.

Last time I looked there were 2 variants, aspartame (Nutrisweet) in the prepackaged products, and saccharin (Sweet 'n Lo) in the fountain syrup.

I'm not certain if this is still the case, will look around over the next few days and let you know if this is still the case, or if it's aspartame everywhere now.

AG

notice to moderators: as there are are several incredibly silly conspiracy theories concerning aspartame, this thread risks evolving into political discussion - as soon as anyone says "Mo*****o". :D

LOL Diet Coke where the 7-8 spoonfuls of sugar is replaced by 7-8 spoonfuls of chemicals. Water tastes better, fruit juice even more, milk is less harmful, Beer is more fun. Why would anyone be buying an artificial version of a man-made drink?

Coke sucks. Only place it belongs is in a glass of Jack Daniels.
You can buy it here but you can also buy Smart Cars and James Blunt CD's:)

Hurrikane

Stop spreading stupid Internet hoaxes!

I would emigrate if I couldn't!

read the label sometime...

read the label sometime... all diet coke is is basically black saltwater... mmm mmm... yum.

Stop spreading stupid Internet hoaxes!

That was what I was trying to do.
My Boss got an email from his sister saying stuff.
I have no Idea what other countries have banned so I figured I'd ask. :p

That was what I was trying to do.
My Boss got an email from his sister saying stuff.
I have no Idea what other countries have banned so I figured I'd ask. :p

I'd +rep you for that, but this feature seems now disabled in Off-topic...

its just a mater of time before the scientists say that talking and thinking about cancer causes cancer lol

The ex-wife of the president of Sierra Leone wants to give me $25 million. Should I accept?

The ex-wife of the president of Sierra Leone wants to give me $25 million. Should I accept?

you are too late Oleg, i already wired her the $500 dollars she needed to arrange the transfer into my account.

Stinky:yay:

LOL Diet Coke where the 7-8 spoonfuls of sugar is replaced by 7-8 spoonfuls of chemicals. Water tastes better, fruit juice even more, milk is less harmful, Beer is more fun. Why would anyone be buying an artificial version of a man-made drink?

Coke sucks. Only place it belongs is in a glass of Jack Daniels.
You can buy it here but you can also buy Smart Cars and James Blunt CD's:)

Hurrikane

So True, agreed!

It should be forbidden as aspartame is one nasty cariogenic substance. Unfortunately it`s not. Not yet at least.

I demand everyone stop disparaging Diet Coke immediately.

I drink 1-2 liters of diet coke a day. This is down from a high of 3-4 liters a day a few years back.

To answer potential follow up questions..
a) No, I won't stop.
b) Yes, I know its bad for me.
c) Yes I've tried X. No, as a matter of fact it sucks.
d) Shut up.

It should be forbidden as aspartame is one nasty cariogenic substance. Unfortunately it`s not. Not yet at least.
You're right, it isn't carcinogenic.

Ok as soon as Tobacco and Alcohol are banned I'll get on the ban Aspartame bandwagon. :rolleyes:

Ok as soon as Tobacco and Alcohol are banned I'll get on the ban Aspartame bandwagon. :rolleyes:

Well you have a point in a way. However tobacco products have a label on them saying it damages your health.

Have some label warning on food&beverages also and let the morons knock themselves out with all the poison but at least present the facts. Any kid can go and buy that stuff unchecked, parents even buy the stuff for their kids. Women actually choose diet coke cos "doesn`t make me fat".

Not sure where you live, but in the US...

saccharin-warning-dr-pepper.jpg

Aspartame on the other hand doesn't have a label currently because it HAS NOT been proven to be a carcinogen.

Not sure where you live, but in the US...

saccharin-warning-dr-pepper.jpg

Aspartame on the other hand doesn't have a label currently because it HAS NOT been proven to be a carcinogen.

And what product might that be?

As a flight attendant I visit many countries in Europe and so far havent came across ANY that don't sell Diet Coke, lol.

There's currently an investigation into Aspartame and it's carcenogenic properties. No conclusive outcome as of yet..

I like to buy flavoured water or diet drinks that use Sucralose whenever possible. That's a natural sweetner. Made from Sugar. You might know it as Splenda :)

Here is a pretty conclusive and thorough home made experiment.

Yeah I've seen stuff like this before. Pretty scary shit. I'm a Diet Coke drinker and I *know* it's bad for me but it's normally my mixer of choice when I go out on the booze (diet coke n vodka).

I'd love for the Coca Cola Co. and all others to start using Sucralose in their Diet drinks... bastards, kek.

I like to buy flavoured water or diet drinks that use Sucralose whenever possible. That's a natural sweetner. Made from Sugar. You might know it as Splenda :)

Umm, you might want to take note that Splenda is not exactly "natural". It is made by knocking a molecule out of sugar and replacing it with a molecule of chlorine so the body doesn't recognize it as food. Not exactly my idea of natural :D

Back