Question: Chip out hidden skill. - IS MA sleeping?

Society
Rtr -Raumschiff Titanic reloaded
Marius Whiteberg
Hi guys.
Sorry for waken you up.
I am really patient, but sometimes you just let to much time passing by, when doing minor bug-fixing to your game.
One is:
It is still not possible to chip out hidden skills, when they are locked again, because the needed skills have been already chipped out.
Oh yes there was an answer from your support which was following:
2010-03-09 12:30 Entropia Universe-Support:

Hi,

This is a known bug and we are working on a fix. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support
It is 2 months ago and a lot of fixes have been done, but I can't imagine, that that bug is so hard in fixing, that it takes so long, already if it is a well known bug by your technicans.
So my question:
When do you think it will be fixed, or does it has no priority, because it is not a money generating process?
Thx for you always fast reactions. I hope you would also work as fast as you answer.
Ciao
Marius

lol i didnt know that its a bug , i think its since years that way :rolleyes:

That's not a bug, you're supposed to chip out an unlocked skill before u go below the lvl where it locks again. You now have to either give up on that skill or get ur lvls bk up to unlock it again, chip it out first, THEN the other skills... Why you would think this is a bug is beyond me tho. My guess is support didn't understand what u were talking about.

Don't think their developer (I am totally aware of that it means they got only one) has it on his priority list. The second shopping both at Nea's needs a fix and RockTropia has two floor tiles with new texture added in the NE corner of the sea. This means we will have a new full install client to download next wednesday. Don't think there is an ETA on this bug.

Poll: How much of this you think is 90% close to reality? :D

That's not a bug, you're supposed to chip out an unlocked skill before u go below the lvl where it locks again. You now have to either give up on that skill or get ur lvls bk up to unlock it again, chip it out first, THEN the other skills... Why you would think this is a bug is beyond me tho. My guess is support didn't understand what u were talking about.

It's a bug -

1. Becourse Support has said several times that it's a bug.
2. Becourse it never was so in the past, red skills could allways be chipped out (And even chipped in)

Why you would think it's not a bug is beyond me :)

As long as i've been playing, red means locked, why else would they turn red do u think? Ever consider support doesn't get half the time what ur actually asking of them? lol

This is the first time i hear it's a bug, used to always be common knowledge u chip out those locked ones first for at least the 3.5yrs+ i played.

If it IS a bug, then needs fixing, but i doubt it is. Cause u forget they had to redo the whole game from scratch, they coded that in on purpose ;)

@ Sloe
Have you read the quote in my first post, where the Support answered to me that it is a known bug. That is the reason why I know that it is a bug. :)
And as Waheed said:
It was possible in the past to chip out all skills without checking which one has to be chipped out first.

It's a bug -

1. Becourse Support has said several times that it's a bug.
2. Becourse it never was so in the past, red skills could allways be chipped out (And even chipped in)

Why you would think it's not a bug is beyond me :)
To me it sounds more like it was a bug when you could chip in and out a
skill when it was red. ;)
If we don't have what it takes to trigger it, why should we have access to
it when the rest of the skills(prof stand) is too low?
It's like letting a player who once had a high prof stand granting him 100%
of a SIB item, even thou' current prof stand is way lower, but it once were
so high that it was maxed out. ;)
What they could do, is a system that warns a player that if he is going to
chip a skill that influence a triggered skills, that the triggered skill is going
to be looked if value is decreased too much.
Btw, it's triggered skills, not hidden. ;) Hidden skills are just what they
sounds like, hidden. Skills we never gonna see, that is used "behind the scene".;)

It never used to be this way (even like... 18months ago), "they" say it's a bug.
It's a bug.

The whole game's just one eternally evolving insect.

[edit]
The skill turned RED to represent that it was no longer active, not that it was no longer chip-able. The skill would then return to green when you reached the level at which you unlocked it again.
Green = unlock
Red = lock
Nothing at all to do with chipping. It's a bug.

This is one of those ground hog day threads.

Once again:

Following answer came from support to my support case:

2010-03-09 12:30 Entropia Universe-Support:

Hi,

This is a known bug and we are working on a fix. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
So why are you not believing that it is a bug, if already MA support call it a bug?

You would think you are patience, however, for MA its not rare to take 2 YEARS! to fix bugs and problems that occurs in game that don't make them lose cash or make them look like a fraud. so maybe in another 22 months. :rolleyes: ;)

If they fix it at all. ;D

Once again:

So why are you not believing that it is a bug, if already MA support call it a bug?
I've been in EU since 2003, seen answers that isn't always related to reality. :)
Ofc it can be a bug, and maybe they fix it if enough of people complain
about it. :)

Once again:

Well, once i told ma support about the sliding bug, they replyed and told me that it is NOT a bug and infact a feature.

I replyed back in more detail and asked them if thier serious, and they replyed back and said that they misuinderstood the question and it is a bug.

So i think you will understand why people wont take supports word on things :)

Stave Petty

I've made the mistake of locking one of those skills about 3 yrs ago, it's not something new that came with cryengine. This was always known before and i'm sure u can probably find threads on the subject even. My exact point is that they had to recode it in when they switched to cryengine as it ALWAYS was like this since i've been here, Maybe it wasn't like that 4-5 yrs ago when i wasn't around, but i've done my share of chipping and had this prob BEFORE cryengine, and i'm 100% sure cause i only recently unlocked one of said skills.

And honestly, if u can't tell that's a canned response... Copy and paste...

Bug or feature, just a matter of perception :)

If enough people complain, it might be changed.

The fact it seems to be an "unplanned feature", should make it easier for MA to class it as a bug.

Though the fact the impact on players and the economy (specially MAs own economy) is minimal, it will never be high priority...

personally I think it should be changed, because it doesn't really make sense... just annoying.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/skills/100185-some-chipping-questions.html

Hmmm... someone mentioning it there at the beginning of 2008, and no one seems surprised by it all... That is before cryengine if i'm not mistaken :p
That took me all of like, what, 5 mins to find?

Fyi... I do hope it is a bug, a real old one some how.. cause i don't think you shouldn't be allowed to chip em out personally. Tho i do get why, i think it's a bit cruel and pointless as even i made the mistake of locking some skills and was unable to chip em.

Tbh, thinking of it, i think it was a "feature" they snuck in sometime in one of the 9.0 vus.... maybe before i chipped out.

Last edited:
As long as i've been playing, red means locked, why else would they turn red do u think? Ever consider support doesn't get half the time what ur actually asking of them? lol

This is the first time i hear it's a bug, used to always be common knowledge u chip out those locked ones first for at least the 3.5yrs+ i played.

If it IS a bug, then needs fixing, but i doubt it is. Cause u forget they had to redo the whole game from scratch, they coded that in on purpose ;)

Well if you have been playing for 3.5 years you haven't been doing much chipping in or out.. For the 5+ years I have been playing red skills was allways chipable in and out - This stopped working with the introduction of VU10 ;)

I've made the mistake of locking one of those skills about 3 yrs ago, it's not something new that came with cryengine. This was always known before and i'm sure u can probably find threads on the subject even. My exact point is that they had to recode it in when they switched to cryengine as it ALWAYS was like this since i've been here, Maybe it wasn't like that 4-5 yrs ago when i wasn't around, but i've done my share of chipping and had this prob BEFORE cryengine, and i'm 100% sure cause i only recently unlocked one of said skills.

And honestly, if u can't tell that's a canned response... Copy and paste...

This WAS introduced WITH VU10 - It wasn't there before that...

2009-10-09 15:45 Entropia Universe Support: said:
Hi Sevvy,

As mentioned in our first reply we did not have the date of the releases of several features, among them the ability to chip out those skills even after having chipped out your First Aid's. At this point we know our design team is working on finding a solution to this issue, so you will be, indeed, able to chip out those skills in the future.

The date is what we are uncertain about, but as soon as this feature is released we will post it in our News section.

Kind regards,

This can't be unclear in any way - Support team admits it's a flaw - and it WAS introduced with VU10

I guess Sloe doesn't get the point:
MA Support classified it as a bug. So why are you discussing if it is a bug or not?
I have posted the answer of MA support twice in this thread where they called it a bug.
And as Washeed said: It wasn't a problem to chip out some time ago.
So it is not a question if I have read some manuals wrong, it is just a matter of MA.
Btw: It was Support Case: 182134 where MA answered it is a bug.

Waheed, guess u didn't read the thread i linked nor the date on it, was VU 10.0 out in 2008 in february, i could b wrong....

As for classifying as bugs, u'd maybe understand if u read some of the hilarious responses i got about bugs/features too. All i'm trying to say is don't expect it, cause i didn't chip out after vu 10.0 and as for what u say about how long and how much i played it's really insulting waheed. I was at combat strike and wounding BEFORE vu10.0 and chipped it out, i know this for a fact and s do all the ppl who know me and it isn't a figment of my imagination. Why don't u re-read the thread i posted maybe and read the date on it.

Milken said in it to chip out that skill first... Well, as i said, maybe it is a bug, but it's an old one cause i had that BEFORE VU10.0

Did a little more reading in old posts, seems sometime in 2007 it happened, but it's got me curious cause i always had taken it as a given it was like that having run into same problem long b4 cryengine...

Last edited:
Waheed, guess u didn't read the thread i linked nor the date on it, was VU 10.0 out in 2008 in february, i could b wrong....

As for classifying as bugs, u'd maybe understand if u read some of the hilarious responses i got about bugs/features too. All i'm trying to say is don't expect it, cause i didn't chip out after vu 10.0 and as for what u say about how long and how much i played it's really insulting waheed. I was at combat strike and wounding BEFORE vu10.0 and chipped it out, i know this for a fact and s do all the ppl who know me and it isn't a figment of my imagination. Why don't u re-read the thread i posted maybe and read the date on it.

Yeah I saw it, but he made a mistake... It was correct that red skills did not count towards pro standing - But they were chipable... Having chipped in an out several 100 Ks of skills, both myself and for friends - I know for a fact that it was doable...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/skills/184312-no-chipping-out-locked-skills.html

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/.../172808-warning-skill-extraction-changed.html

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/skills/166731-chipping-out-mistake.html

Milken was mistaken with what he said... Here I have 3 full threads claiming same as I'm saying... All you have is 1 post from Milken, which I'll bet you 5k peds right here and now is mistaken :)

So what you say - with your luck lately I know you have the peds ;)

Will you take my bet of 5k peds, MA support will be the judge of this - Entropia playerbase will be the jury if one decide not to pay :)

And for the record - I didn't say anything insulting - Just said you couldn't have done much chipping in or out during this period... Maybe you have but never chipped in or our red skills, could be...

Last edited:
I'm not a big gambler, but i do know i had the prob before cryengine, for sure. That being said, i don't care even if i had 100k ped i wouldn't bet on anything, it's not me. That's why i get to keep playin instead of depositing constantly.... i generally don't take risks if i can avoid ;)

It happened to me with cga as a matter a fact, i chipped out from cga 2x b4 cryengine. First time i made the mistake and left it locked and was pissed i couldn't get it bk out. like i said it happened at some point before cryengine, to me at least, and i had always heard to chip out the unlocked ones first till now. Like i said, i believe it happened at some point in vu 9, but dunno when. And i keep repeating i do hope it's a bug ffs, just seems like something along the lines of how they make it so complicated to chip out ur skills by breaking any chip below 10.00 ped. They don't have a habit of trying to make chipping out easy.

Now stop calling me out and accept i have my beliefs and u have yours... But i did not hallucinate having that problem myself before vu 10.0 because i haven't done any serious chipping out since cryengine came out so ur basically telling me i imagined the entire fiasco from scratch.

btw waheed, did u notice u linked a thread proving it's not a bug from support?

Hi,
This is an intentional design feature from the design team and not a bug.
If you first chip out the main skill(for example First Aid) you can not chip out the unlockable skills that are dependent on that skill (for example Treatment, Medicine). When the main skill goes below the value that's needed to unlock a skill you can no longer use the unlockable skill.
Kind regards,

I somehow believe that more than the copy paste response.... That's from a thread u linked called "Info: WARNING...."
On the same thread btw, it supports my theory that it happened in vu9 somewhere, as mike jones states what i said too. So it was snuck in shortly b4 cryengine i think.

This perfectly proves my point about support's responses... Conflicting answers.

Last edited:
I'm not a big gambler, but i do know i had the prob before cryengine, for sure. That being said, i don't care even if i had 100k ped i wouldn't bet on anything, it's not me. That's why i get to keep playin instead of depositing constantly.... i generally don't take risks if i can avoid ;)

It happened to me with cga as a matter a fact, i chipped out from cga 2x b4 cryengine. First time i made the mistake and left it locked and was pissed i couldn't get it bk out. like i said it happened at some point before cryengine, to me at least, and i had always heard to chip out the unlocked ones first till now. Like i said, i believe it happened at some point in vu 9, but dunno when. And i keep repeating i do hope it's a bug ffs, just seems like something along the lines of how they make it so complicated to chip out ur skills by breaking any chip below 10.00 ped. They don't have a habit of trying to make chipping out easy.

Now stop calling me out and accept i have my beliefs and u have yours... But i did not hallucinate having that problem myself before vu 10.0 because i haven't done any serious chipping out since cryengine came out so ur basically telling me i imagined the entire fiasco from scratch.

[Keyboard warrior mode off] :)

Well the main reason I know for a fact that this was introduced together with VU10 is that I had chipped out red skills a few days before VU 10, and when I tried to chip out the rest after VU10 I couldn't.

Also during the time I have been playing I'm known to get pissed at the game a bit to often and chip out - And I have allways been able to chip in and out red skills.

I remember chipping in Coolness skills some years ago, and get the msg that I gained HP - But the HP didn't take affect, so I filled a support case... A few days later I reunlocked coolness and gained 5 HP instantly hehe

btw waheed, did u notice u linked a thread proving it's not a bug from support?

Hi,
This is an intentional design feature from the design team and not a bug.
If you first chip out the main skill(for example First Aid) you can not chip out the unlockable skills that are dependent on that skill (for example Treatment, Medicine). When the main skill goes below the value that's needed to unlock a skill you can no longer use the unlockable skill.
Kind regards,

I somehow believe that more than the copy paste response.... That's from a thread u linked called "Info: WARNING...."

Yeah I know that in one of them support claims it's not a bug... Support has had some differnet answers on this one - but when asked directly for a none-copy paste response, they have admitted that it's not a feature, but in fact is a bug :)

Check this link:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ing-skill-extraction-changed.html#post2202237

There Support (At a later date) gives a none copy paste response saying that it IS A BUG :)

Well, i along with everyone else i'm sure, hope it is a bug and not a feature, but i'm sure u can see where my posting came from now ;) I'm still 100% sure i had this before vu10.0 tho, there isn't a shadow of a doubt in that, cause i simply haven't locked any skills since vu10.0, so it musta happened b4. I chipped out back in 2008, that i know. So maybe it's been something they played with on and off as a feature, but did happen to me... Kinda hard to have someone tell me it didn't ;)

It's not so important a point that i would bother doing more than the 5 min search i did, but i'm sure others will claim it like mike jones did at diff points, so it musta happened a couple times previous.

Now i stop trolling this thread, cause it's not like i win anything either way, just tellin u what i think and what happened to me. Form you own opinions :) And gl with getting it fixed if it is indeed a bug. Who the fk knows lol.

Ps... savvy's response is OLDER from support, not newer.

Last edited:
Back