Clarification on mining issues, please?

Hotei

Guardian
Society
Miner's Mafia
Hotei Hotei Luck
Also posted this on EF, but figured it couldn't hurt to have it somewhere else too...

Can we please get an answer with some clarification. You guy were very quick to roll out the mining system that screwed everything up, but now you are very slow to give us answers to your mistakes.

It's frustrating.

When will we be able to use two different finders, one to search for ore and one to search for enmatter, without having to do a ton more clicking? Is this a bug, is this a feature?

What in the world is going on with excavators? Is it a horrible feature? Is it a bug?

Will we need to have all 3 professions maxed to use a particular finder? Is that a bug or a feature?

The lack of communication is HORRIBLE. The fact that you have completely changed a system, and given no information out to your PAYING customers dumb founds me. The fact that we are even at the point of asking, "Is this a bug or is this a feature" is ridiculous.

You guys are supposed to be a "big boy" company, grow up and start acting like it please.

I'm not asking for stuff to be fixed in a timely manner, because the good Lord knows it wont be, (though it would be nice), I'm just asking for you to tell us if its a bug or a feature? I'm asking you to be a reputable company.

I think we have all waited long enough, and our patience wears thin.

Hotei

PS, friends if i missed anything please add to this post.

Last edited:
I hate the way MA works... they seems to work like this:
"Let them find out everything, don't say a word.. Let's sit and watch and see how long they can take it."

Just.. communicating with us would really not hurt your business I think... But who am I to speak :scratch2:

I hope that one day they will realize that they need to communicate with the customers... I see way too many people leaving because of the lack of information from MA

See my post #17 on thread 'Mining Suggestion: Finder Info' for possible solutions.

it is a shame indeed. But we have to face it, sweden is an ultra-liberalist country, and hence they do not give an ounce of respect to customers, rather to investors. that gives a very negative image, ie arrogant people ruling their business like donks regardless of their product's quality.
I just log in every day to check if the depth bug has been solved....well it seems it is not an emergency for them...don't even know what to say about that exept that i'm not active anymore, having stoped hunting 6 monthes ago.
only good new for me: I was selling my hunting skills and reinject ped into mining, but as fast as things go I'll have soon 4x the minimal withdrawable amount and will be able to stop that joke for real.
I like mining but I don't accept to wait 3 weeks- 6 monthes each and every time something (supposed to be pre-tested) goes wrong. I can give you 5-10 totally free-games (tales of pirates, dung&drag online, runes of magic, grepolis, afterlife, etc..etc..) where this kind of things is unacceptable and are solved within 2 days, how comes in a money-pit like EU they cannot get at least one brain to work?

I agree that this is absolutely unacceptable, the changes ok...they suck, but things change, whatever.

But the lack of responses or answers are just shocking and amazing.

I agree that this is absolutely unacceptable, the changes ok...they suck, but things change, whatever.

But the lack of responses or answers are just shocking and amazing.

is it? It's the same old MA that I've come to know.

Remember foot guards? They took ages to answer why they were added then finally they effectively said 'we had the models so we used them'

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that mining is working exactly as they planned and they've been caught off guard by the players response to the changes.

Last edited:
is it? It's the same old MA that I've come to know.

Remember foot guards? They took ages to answer why they were added then finally they effectively said 'we had the models so we used them'

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that mining is working exactly as they planned and they've been caught off guard by the players response to the changes.

I know they have had issues in the past. But in my opinion, they were slight changes compared to the literally massive shift in how the game works. Were talking an entire profession almost taken out of commission as well as the massive crafting changes for amp craters and the large use of mining loot for crafting.

I just hope they get their head out of their you know where before they realize they've lost a great amount of players and seriously ruined the trust of others.

I guess we now know they don't pre-test anything prior to a patch.

The only other shift even approaching this would be tailoring.

When they added the condition affecting the look it decimated peoples clothing, people spending thousands to get their collections back to how they looked only hours before. It was a huge ped grab and caused tailors to spend vastly more on single items than they used to. Having to repair items just to make them visually ok to sell. Many quitting the business and I don't believe it's ever recovered fully.

Then there was the change in colouring and adding textures, before you could get away with one or two skins added to the normal items on a bp, now it's vastly more to get the same result.

I just hope they get their head out of their you know where before they realize they've lost a great amount of players and seriously ruined the trust of others.

problem is people forget and everything will be forgiven with weeks thanks to space. I've no doubt that this mining update has been ready for a while and they've been waiting for space to be ready before adding it to draw peoples attention away. Distract them long enough and the players will accept it.

The only thing that has surprised me is that we haven't heard reports of miners finding bombs. At 5pec each it seems an easy thing to do to limit the amount of resources found by a player without dropping the ped return %.

Last edited:
Simplistic

Maybe ! Just maybe it's me. But I like the changes to the equipment. One Finder One Extractor One Refiner. It's a simple system. When I am mining I can choose ores enmatter or both all on the same finder. Don't have to equip one then the other dig out the right extractor. Then god help me I will choose the wrong refiner. GLAD !!!! those days are gone.

Maybe ! Just maybe it's me. But I like the changes to the equipment. One Finder One Extractor One Refiner. It's a simple system. When I am mining I can choose ores enmatter or both all on the same finder. Don't have to equip one then the other dig out the right extractor. Then god help me I will choose the wrong refiner. GLAD !!!! those days are gone.

It's not so much the changes in the finders that upset most of the people I've talked too.

It's the fact that they "snuck" this crazy change into what was supposed to be a routine update without seemingly any bugchecks. They broke mining, screwed up the loot horrifically, made no mention of this. Then went on to break the finders and extractors without a comment. They also screwed a lot of UL amp owners of a lot of peds as well as UL BP crafters.

All this with no comment, and I don't have the exact quote on hand, but Marco did say quite a ways back that item stats would be kept because it was such a large game focus.

Mostly my issue is lack of communication. :whistle:

Suggestion:
The finder changes I could live with, but why could they not leave the amps? Make the finders have an ore/enmatter slot for them?

true, in my opinion..

but.. i don't like that i can't use a TT finder properly with lv 18 prospector because i only have level 1,9 in treasure hunting.. and this level cannot go up because non of the gained skills improve the treasure hunting level..

so until they change it, im stuck with a half working TT finder and extractor

It does break your confidence that if you buy a high MU item that MA won't change it. But then I've always thought it was nuts to let items get those high MU in the first place :rolleyes:

Well for me, I've dabbled in enmatter and ore mining. But in the current system I still need two finders because of the spread in pro levels I have. Or three if / when I mine on Arkadia for treasure.

They should have left all the old gear as it was and just introduced new combined finders and extractors. They could still have removed them from the tt but left them in game.

However, it's too late for that as so many have probably tt'd or sold their duplicated equipment.

As much as they want to talk to us, it seems to be a very one sided conversation.

Last edited:
Guess we should be used to this. Just wonder when they fixed the finder bug down to a stat bug if they couldn't have done the same with the extractor bug. Or is that one here to stay?

They should have left all the old gear as it was and just introduced new combined finders and extractors. They could still have removed them from the tt but left them in game.
Hmm yes, so true.

yeah it sucks that they dont give any info but they never did

What in the world is going on with excavators? Is it a horrible feature? Is it a bug?

Will we need to have all 3 professions maxed to use a particular finder? Is that a bug or a feature?

1. its a bug
2. you can use the finder for the prossesions you have maxed

true, in my opinion..

but.. i don't like that i can't use a TT finder properly with lv 18 prospector because i only have level 1,9 in treasure hunting.. and this level cannot go up because non of the gained skills improve the treasure hunting level..

so until they change it, im stuck with a half working TT finder and extractor

its just a bug..... im around lvl 13 treasure hunter and still cant max a tt finder so it has nothing to do with your skills.
btw finders still work like normal ... almost all my claims is at 500-750m using my F-105 and returs are also normal

seems they just fixes ore mining bug and gave us a new bug :eyecrazy:

we need to hear it from them

i honestly need to hear it from MA themselves what the deal is, mining FEELS messed up to me and all i know is this...

i was mining enmatter at 800m now im barely touching 200
my surveying skill is 8 levels higher then prospecting so how does that work with finders and sib?
and i paid money for skill and got robbed...i feel SOOOOOOOOOO bad for the people playing 10 times longer than me that leveled the hard way to wake up one day and literally find themselves shafted

we can all say its a bug as much as we want doesnt change how i feel WHEN i mine and the fact that i hardly do anymore

this was an asinine idea that was either a complete accident ("bug") or MA just said "screw it lets take MORE money from people and see if they stay"

i gotta be honest i got dicked on a vtol when the market crashed and lost 300 ped over night
i stayed it really didnt bother me at all cause i was having fun and i bought that vtol with a hof from ::drumroll:: mining

if this is the new mining system and there is no "bug" to it im done and cashing out and MA loses a decent paying customer whos barely half a year into the game. Not everyone will feel this way but i will not be the only one to bail

so yes this whole thing was a big rant and a personal opinion but for F**ks sake just a TINY bit of explanation from the MA company would be nice...

When I am mining I can choose ores enmatter or both all on the same finder. Don't have to equip one then the other .

No. No. No. You haven't understood the problem. If Prospector and Surveyor are still separate Professions, you should not be able to use the same finder for the Profession where you haven't reached the SIB threshold.

This is more than just a bug, it's a fundamental design screw-up, and it should never have reached the coding stage at MA.

its just a bug..... im around lvl 13 treasure hunter and still cant max a tt finder so it has nothing to do with your skills.
btw finders still work like normal ... almost all my claims is at 500-750m using my F-105 and returs are also normal

not really,
last claim i found before stop was 55m depth with a VRX2000.
before the patch i use it in ore + enmatter correctly around 950 m depth

(i have 40 prospect and 38 survey)

same with my adj excavator ... req 0.5 lvl for using it. i have lvl 38 miner and 35 driller ... the coeficient is only 2.9/14.1

not really,

same with my adj excavator ... req 0.5 lvl for using it. i have lvl 38 miner and 35 driller ... the coeficient is only 2.9/14.1

Was this with 11.10 or 11.10.1 ?

The silence from MA is just irritating. Last FPC/MA post is dated May 14. Let's face it. They plain don't care.

The silence from MA is just irritating. Last FPC/MA post is dated May 14. Let's face it. They plain don't care.

What should FPC say about it? Its a platform issue...

not really,

lowerst i have found since the VU 11.10 is 370m with F-105 and depest is 798m(798 was today).
so my finder still gets the claims at the normal depth but only have 4 uses/min and excavators is SLOW

3 pec for the price of 2

Ah yes the simplicity of the system is great. ...maybe even awesome... But the problem is one of two things.
1. They messed up on the Finder/ Seekers' info page by not giving us full information for each area of mining.
2. They screwed the system all to hell by actually making the system all into one simple system with each area of mining co-reliant upon each other in order to master a mining tool. (Made mining very expensive for higher level specialized miners)

Improving the UI of mining was a step up.. Lumping the different areas of mining together would be a major step down.

I'm a low level unamped miner. I use a 101 finder.

Sure you can just enmatter mine or just ore mine, but will you now? I am having a hard time not mining both at the same time. The double claims are more exciting.

The slower extractions result in getting spawned/aggroed on everytime I have a decent size claim. I haven't noticed any depth issue, but the rate of claims I've been getting is decent.

I can live with the slower extraction, but I imagine we are getting more extractor decay because so many more pulls are needed. Hopefully, the extractor issue will get fixed.

This is just ridiculous. It has been now, what 3-4 days since the that patch that screwed up finders? And we *might* be getting an update tomorrow..

And remember the "tower bug"? Servers were taken down in a matter of minutes... It's absurd really, and shows again how much MA cares about us..

Has anyone else lost HP since this update? I don't think surveyer give HP anymore and I'm kinda pissed about this...

Smiple it is not..

Your finder is not maxed, less probes per min. Your puller is not maxed, so much higher decay per pull. Dude, to put it simple, if I found a say ample iron i was pulling 50 per pull, now its like 7 to 11. Do the simple math, you decay like hell..

Seould

Back