Nation of Choice: Australia
Captain of Choice: Phoenix Grrrr Leunberger
I was in last year's Team :yay:

Last edited:
Full Avatar Name: Dave Ozi Epsolon
Captain of Choice: Phoenix Grrrr Leunberger

This is my first WOF

I hear rumours that Deathifier has been convinced to join the Aussie team for WoF 2008? If true, can you please confirm by registering on this thread Deathifier? Thanks mate :D

Still waiting to hear from Trekktor (PM sent 2 days ago). If someone has him on fl, can you please ask him if he is interested in WoF 2008?

Just a side note and something that was brought up in WoF 2007 by Shaz was the ability to use teamspeak. I know that most of us have it and use teamspeak regularly, so if Shaz is willing to offer the service again for next year's WoF I thoroughly recommend we use it.

:)

Yep, its ready and waiting ;)

I'll provide details to those interested closer to the date.

A friend of mine would like to join, his details follow, he can't post on the forum for some reason or another;

Full Avatar Name: Josh Bagman Kinsman
Captain of Choice: Phoenix Grrrrr Leuenberger

This is his first WoF, Like me he's up for a go :)

He's also a Lvl 40 laser sniper (please correct me if I'm wrong?)

(Josh, If you are reading this I need to add you to my Friend List again)

Last edited:
Gday my fellow countrymen and women.

I am pumped to be in a position of some use this time round.

I would be honoured to be called upon to serve my country and stand side by side with fellow Aussies to show the rest of the world that we got game!

Night is 99.8% correct in that I'm only few bars away from 40 laser sniper. A few more hunts and it will be coolness all the way.

I have been playing with a US team (Chicago Hardcore Gamers) of mates (old BF42 & BF2 gamers) who I found in game after some leave through work and began my journey in Mar07.

I think i can help the team if there is a spot and come with all the kit and skills that can be mustered between now and then. If anyone wants details about me then please pm me.

Okay, thats it. All that is left to say is.....

:yay: AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE.....

Bagman

G'day mate, we would love to have you sign up.

Please provide full in game name and you'll be registered

I hear rumours that Deathifier has been convinced to join the Aussie team for WoF 2008? If true, can you please confirm by registering on this thread Deathifier? Thanks mate :D

Still waiting to hear from Trekktor (PM sent 2 days ago). If someone has him on fl, can you please ask him if he is interested in WoF 2008?

Just a side note and something that was brought up in WoF 2007 by Shaz was the ability to use teamspeak. I know that most of us have it and use teamspeak regularly, so if Shaz is willing to offer the service again for next year's WoF I thoroughly recommend we use it.

I had a good chat with Deathifier and he says he's keen - concerned like alot of us about timing of the event - but he is keen to help out.

Deathifier ...'s keen - concerned like alot of us about timing of the event - but he is keen to help out.

Deathifier can always be on the support team. That red armor would make the team pics look pretty cool :cool:

Seriously tho, the hunt team is never more than 6 of the total of the 12 people on the main hunt team, so the same people don't have to rock up each time (apart from Grrrrr, lol)

Note the rules and info posted by Hurrikane here

A Pilot or use of a Pilot: The semi-finals, if reached, will require the teams to fly.

As some of you know, I am now flying, and expect to still be doing so next year.

So Grrrrr (oh mighty captain ;) ), when do the practice hunts start ? :yay::yay::yay:

Not captain yet! :silly2: :laugh:

Plenty of time for people to vote and those that have already voted can also change their nomination of captain...

As with the pre event hunts, how shall we tackle this? Organise a date, time and mob choices (nominate 4 mobs) and then split the participants that show up into teams of 4 and go from there? Hunt would then replicate the WoF rules, 3 hours in length etc.

I will PM Deathifier (and also a follow up to Exo) just to confirm his attendance by asking him to post in this WoF thread.

Gday All

Full Avatar Name: Josh Bagman Kinsman

I hope that clears that up and put me down for a prac hunt. Helping noobs does nothing for my fighting spirit, lol.

Cheers again and glad to know that there are many of us flying the flag for such a mighty nation!

Bagman

WoW. No WoF. How'd i miss this thread. Well I've been working harder. IT Security doesn't get any easier. So EF been on the backburner a bit.

Full Avatar Name: Buster Westy Westmoreland

Captain of Choice: Madge Mags Moran (she's so cute in that spikey suit)

WoF support 2007

Well as most of you know me one way or the other. I'll do what I can and help as I can. Whether thats full team, support team or just shooting mobs the Septic Tanks are shooting.

Not been hunting much. Most of you used to seeing me global mining lately.

Gday All,

Thanks for the push up the front Nyte but dont write yourself off. Big guns are only half the game mate.

Is the Aussie time assembling some time soon?

Scan and assess each other and players to friend lists? A feeling out session, ladies no pun intended!

Ok hope to hear from you all else see you in there!

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE.....

Last edited:
I had a brief discussion yesterday with Shaz about the WoF make up for next year. We were discussing maybe an early new year meet up once captain has been decided?

Judging by the number of registered people so far, it looks as if we may fall short on actual participants wanting to hunt. We might have to encourage the "support only" nominees to represent the hunting team. Still plenty of time for registrations however.

If we do manage to find more than enough participants I was thinking the top 4-6 most skilled avatars automatically qualify for the team while the remaining 6-8 spots are contested in some sort of competition? Just a suggestion...

More contributions welcomed! *hint* :silly2::laugh:

Grrrrrr

Do we know the top 6? What are they top in? All the same skills or do we long range as well as short range skilled team members and then those with melee.

Maybe an informal meet before Jan may be warranted due to new members and a need to sus out who the new players are and what they bring to the team in way of weaponary and armour for assessment by the those in the top 6.

Nyte stand up fella and be counted

I am happy to assist those wanting to fight to skill up with me helping them with a fap or 2 or friendly support in some of the higher combat areas in raising their own skills for next year.

Better be skilling now than dying later. Swap, trade and advice before the event maximises our chances to understand our strengths and weaknesses. I dont want to be going down to NZ because we didnt plan early enough. Most of us will be tied up with xmas and NYE activities and then there is work so I reckon the earlier the better, it will all help us..

My 20 cents.

Bagman

Last edited:
Nyte stand up fella and be counted.

Righty-o then.

I'm buying some better equipment and skilling like mad so I can make it :) At the rate I'm doing it I should be quite skilled by February :yay:

Just bought a Bravo for tagging. I have bids on 2 laser sights and a scope.
For my regular weapons I now use a Breer M3a and/or Riker UL1.
Finishing with ye olde Opalo ;)
This combo works out quite well for bots, according to some of my soc members

I also bought a suit of shogun and some 6A plates, I also bought some 2B plates for my ghost ;)

Full Avatar Name: Lady Missa Saint
Captain of Choice: Phoenix Grrrrr Leunberger

This is my first WOF

Righty-o then.

I'm buying some better equipment and skilling like mad so I can make it :) At the rate I'm doing it I should be quite skilled by February :yay:

Just bought a Bravo for tagging. I have bids on 2 laser sights and a scope.
For my regular weapons I now use a Breer M3a and/or Riker UL1.
Finishing with ye olde Opalo ;)
This combo works out quite well for bots, according to some of my soc members

I also bought a suit of shogun and some 6A plates, I also bought some 2B plates for my ghost ;)

Good man! :)

I have changed your status from "support" to that of vying for a place in the hunt team...

Grrrrrr

Do we know the top 6? What are they top in? All the same skills or do we long range as well as short range skilled team members and then those with melee.

Maybe an informal meet before Jan may be warranted due to new members and a need to sus out who the new players are and what they bring to the team in way of weaponary and armour for assessment by the those in the top 6.

I, as well as many of us, have a good understanding of who the top 4-6 skilled Aussie's are (2 of them have yet to register their interest but have indicated to me that they would like to be part of the team) in game.

You raise a good point about a meet and greet prior to the end of the year take place. We need to sort out a time and place to meet. Maybe sometime over a weekend would suit most of us?

For now, and to get a better understanding of each other, we can list what armour/weaponry/fap we currently hunt with in this thread?

I'll start off...

Highest Hunting level: 39.5

Armour: Boar (full set) and Gremlin (full set) with 4a, 5b, 6a and 6b plating.

Weapons: Starkhov AS-147 with cause amp, ikamar scope & hunnir laser sights; Vat-120 with beast amp, ikamar scope & gargul laser sights. Carry Marber-Bravo for tagging.

Healing pack: EMT-2600 and Fap-80.

Teleport: Lesser & minor tp chips

Last edited:
Introducing.... Nytewolf

As for myself;

Highest Hunting Profession: Level 12

Armour: Ghost (need feet) and Shogun (full set) with 2b and 6a platings.

Weapon: Riker UL2 (L) + A102/A103 Amp. I now carry a Ull+A103+Bjornir+Abrer for tagging. For finishing I use a A101 amped Opalo.

Healing pack: EMT-2350 for quick heals and Hedoc sk-20 for heals between mobs.

Teleport: Lesser TP chip.

Note my equipment is subject to change. I might buy some 5b's closer to event, as well as Gremlin and appropriate plating.

I am bidding on a Marber Bravo to replace the Ull, as it belongs to one of my soc mates.

With my current setup I can solo drones up to gen 3 quite easily, but I need to purchase more 6A plates though. I can also tackle atrox up to Old, though maybe provider.

With a good medic I can take larger ones as well as other beasties ;)

- Nytewolf

Last edited:
Good idea Grrrr. Maybe add your prof level also. Highest in hunting.

Dunno if skills are it and a bit tho. My workmate mysty was under 2k and more recently 3k rifle and picking up Feff hof's. I go out and slash and burn and lucky to get a 50 pedder. I can predict when i'm due to global in mining but not in hunting. Seems to be more a luck factor.

So as I see it skills = equipment = tougher mobs.

I think we need a balance of uber equipped and some lucky assed noobs.

Personally if I felt I was in a loot trough I would decline and stay support. If you just had a bunch of HoFs maybe your due some 'Dynamics from MA' = quiet time. hehe. So whoever ends up Captain. I'll do what I can. I still suffer from a limited time to login due to having very young kids. So I think Support is my best role.

Highest Hunting Profession: Level 33

Armour: Ghost, Vigi, Goblin with 2a, 8a (without atm. need to buy another set). INVI you making 8a's ??? Which L weaps you making???.

Weapon: Tag - Bravo/A104/Bjornir, Range - MkII/A104, Close Finisher - EP41/A104/Alekz, Budget Finishers - UL1/A102, Opalo/A101. I'm thinking about putting aside MkII and Ep41 and using a L carbine/BLP with 40+ dmg and L amp. Something like a CB24 or better with maybe a cb13 finisher.

Healing pack: EMT-2350.

Teleport: Minor TP chip.

EDIT: I can create a new support role type. I'll mine where the opposition is. I'll shake the earth carpet bombing they'll go nuts. hehe.

Highest Hunting Skill: Laser Sniper (Hit) - Level 30

Armour/Plates: Ghost, Gremlin, Vigi; 5B, 6A

Weapons: Bravo+104, Charade+E15; EP43+E15 and sundry other fun things :)

Healing packs: Fap50; EMT2600.

Wishlist being crossed off as the ped card permits ;) so above equipment is subject to change.

Grrrrr, maybe we can just do a few 'Aussie meetup' hunts on weekends before Christmas ? Give everyone a chance to meet each other and so on.

Last edited:
Grrrrr, maybe we can just do a few 'Aussie meetup' hunts on weekends before Christmas ? Give everyone a chance to meet each other and so on.

Yes, open to anything at this stage. Should we allow each hunt to be the length of the WoF (3 hours)? And also should we allocate one hour to a mob that starts of fairly easy and ends difficult (as the WoF will do)? So, for example, first hour on ambulimax (young to old), second hour on high level drones (including warrior gens and troopers) and third hour on hogglo? Depending on the numbers we can organise parties of 4 with each hunt party assigned a "leader" who in turn assesses the skill of each team member?

Keep the input coming! Haha.

I`ll show you mine if you show me yours huh?

OK I`ll play :D

Skills are all on wiki and updated roughly every couple weeks.
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Avatar&id=1615
Highest atm is 37.6 Laser Pistol.

My Equipment;
Armors:Ghost-Vigi-Gremlin
Plates:5b-6a-6b
Weapons:Maddox IV-Stark. AS-97-Marb. Bravo-various scopes and lasers.
Amps:Beast,104-105
FAP:EK-2600

Looking forward to catching up with a few more aussies in game ;)

... and we let men run the world ... :banghead:

*steals leaders baton from Grrrrr's back pocket"

:ANNOUNCING:
WoF Australia 2008 Team Practice Hunts
(aka Friday Night Barbies)

First Hunt: Friday November 9

Meet Time: 11:00 MA Time (9pm for East Coast, 8pm Qld, 6pm West Coast)

Team Name: WoF Australia 2008 - FEAR US!!

Mobs to change from week to week - but prob on Deathifier's LAs ;)

Globals to be posted on the 'Fear Us' thread.

Rules to be decided as we go, like any good backyard cricket match.

*right, that seems to cover it .... returns baton to Grrrrr*

Seeya Friday !!

Full Avatar Name: Jod Jod Ekul

Captain of Choice: Madge Mags Moran (If available and willing :D )

I was in last year's Team.

I am willing but most probably not available.... RL work has taken over for a while.

Full avatar name: Madge Mags Moran
Highest Skill: Supreme BLP sniper level 79
Hunting gear: 4 x Supremacy, 2 x shadow, Adj V1, ML 35
I was last year's Team Captain

I be happy to be part of it all wherever I can, we had loads of fun last year :yay:

For Jacko:
Full avatar name: Jaak Jacko Mate

Highest skill: Supreme laser, level 78 hmm maybe also 79 now

Have any of you spoken to Dire and Silentknight Exo?

Last edited:
Highest Hunting level: 42.00 Laser Sniper

Armour: Ghoul (Will get feet later) with 5b plating.

Weapons: Laganaus Personal Arms Cannon, Fusil with scope and amp 103; Maddox IV with Dante amp, scope and laser, Kat Determination for close up get to know you type encounters and Marber Bravo for tagging.

Healing pack: Fap-2350 and 2600.

Teleport: Lesser + Minor tp chip

Assorted crap lying in storage and maybe players let us all know what they are currently needing so if we have or know someone who has it we can pass it on.

WANTED:DISREGARD

Any Ghoul armour components (individual pieces rather than set - kids have to eat this month).

Ok gotta polish my shin guards...ladies night up at CP for Melb. Cup - I want to look my best :cool:

Bye for now

Bagman

Last edited:
BTW Which country won last year and who led them?

Is there an entry fee and what sort of prizes are there or is this for country pride and glory and just another way of showing kiwis the ouchy part of a laser?

Cheers if anyone can bring me up to date....

Bagman

Back