Congratz mindark for the BIGGEST joke EVER

what i think is more retarded is the x*100 on ammo

I think that is to make it able to have enhancements that decrease the ammot burn.
Lets say a enhancments decrease the ammoburn with 5 %. A gun that burned 10 ammo would burn 9.5 ammo. So instead they put two zeros after the numbers, 9.5 is 950.

I'm an old Star Wars Galaxies player.

Maybe some of you know what happened to that game.

When i logged in today, and hunted for about 1 1/2 hours...

...it reminded me of the feeling i had, when i first logged in to SWG after it was "enhanced".

It's a bad feeling...

I think that is to make it able to have enhancements that decrease the ammot burn.
Lets say a enhancments decrease the ammoburn with 5 %. A gun that burned 10 ammo would burn 9.5 ammo. So instead they put two zeros after the numbers, 9.5 is 950.

I think it is cuz they needed to be aligned with enhancher burn :silly2:

Actually, this seems to be a low to mid level enhancement and extremely similar to something you yourself personally proposed. Remember that quest thing you talked about where someone would turn in x000 resources to gain faction and new "levels"?

This is what you just got,

Not sure I suggested any such concept along those lines ?

Maybe your referring to this thread >
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ture-planet-calypso-awards-events-realty.html

Or on of the concepts in this post > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/skills/167254-skill-system-changes-22.html#post2122457

Or on questing > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...opia-universe-lost-s-magic-4.html#post2138482

Or maybe your testing to see if I remember what I have posted in the past :silly2:

None of them are not inline or remotely similar to the enhancement system.

now you can turn in your opalo and some resources to gain a better opalo, maybe you can't upgrade your MM so easily, and your unique SIB weapons not at all. The top guys are the ones that are being slowed down by this, it's the lower tier people that have a chance to upgrade via grinding instead of via a lucky drop.

Yes the point is at various tiers of competitive activity such as those in the top tier, you need to either have a predominate risk taking streak in you or simply be a pathological gambler to take such expensive risks in enhancing your items to continue competing in this tier to which you belong.

Remember I am not talking about competiting for opportunities in a single tier, I am talking about each tier as you go up the scale of tiers to which each belongs and competitively competes at.

Sure this system adds value to parts of the economy, but it takes away from others. Including some of the fundermental elements of participating competitively for opportunities in an economy.

Competing should not be based "so heavily" on factors such as how much your willing to gamble and lose.

I already pointed out that this system is:

is it sure to work that way for all UL ?

That would make it total pointless for all medium and hight end item...
who will risk lose an item at 50k to maybe get a small upgrade on an other...
not even speaking about MM or Noob-fap...

If that is so, it looks like the enhancing system added in this VU is primarily targeted at low to mid crafted items that are UNL nature.

UnL weapon, armour & tool recipes lvl 1 - 6 mostly that can be crafted on demand with little markup involved;

And those dropped UnL items available in abundance.
eg. Kobold, Pixie, Shogun, EP series of guns, etc etc.

It bring value to producing, looting & using these items in the economy again.

Added: At the cost of reducing the market potential of comparitive (L) equipment at similar levels to these items.

Anyway, we will see how it all pans out :)'

It is early days.
If it does not work well, FPC/MA are likely to refine it to be more practical.
Or maybe they won't because they fear it will make them look silly *shrugs*

Last edited:
I think this gets a problem only when suddenly your loot is reduced when you use a level 0 oppie instead of a level 10 one, same for finders.

(A variant of this is when the mobs get boosted yet again (btw can't even outrun a daiki young anymore with 50+ agi WTF? This is lunatic), so you can only hunt em "efficiently" with levelled stuff.)

Then I'm gonna call it a nerf.

And until cost to play gets adjusted I'm just doing nothing big anymore. And not gonna care about whining mod fap (or uber rare something items) owners.

As I can see it so far (and we don't see very much at the moment) there is a fixed fail rate for everybody, so why would anybody want somebody else upgrade his stuff when the guy has the same failure rate and there's also the risk of getting scammed?

Such a business may need quite an investment, so its not for the average player. For example, the upgrader has 5 Maddox in stock, and askes 100 ped for each upgrade. I don't think trust will be much of an issue as it will mostly involve mid level items anyway, so that can either be arranged by collateral or reputation.

Maybe your referring to this thread >
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ture-planet-calypso-awards-events-realty.html

None of them are not inline or remotely similar to the enhancement system.

I do think it is more than remotely similar to that proposal, yes. I think this system has the possibility to be very rewarding to certain people, those being the lower level grinders and the guys sitting at 7.5-8 HA on UL weapons. They may be able to find a few currently cheap guns that once upgraded may well make up for those missing levels in ways that scopes and sights did not.

Of course as you said it is way too early to tell what will really happen, but I plan on finding ways to use the system to my advantage as always.

Shaveena, I have to disagree, I remember that incident well and I don't think this is close, or even close to "awesome warrior changes" or "oops you guys are too powerful we're changing the stats of all your gear to remove agility, have a nice day"

I'd rather see a "nerf" due to lower level gear getting better(though I still disagree that nerfing is the proper term in that case) than a nerf of we're lowering the stats of the top gear.

You don't have to use the tier system though.

Has anyone thought of simply not upgrading your gear? I like my gun just the way it is...I'm neutral to this: it's just another option that doesn't fundamentaly affect me, nor adds to my enjoyment of the game. I hope it does for others.

Gotta agree with these guys... I simply look at it like this:

I do not use the Tier system then EU is just as it was the day prior to this VU. I have the weapons I have because I like them and my avatar performs well with them. I (personally) see no need to screw around with it. I suppose soon there will be be new Wiki entries for the "tiered" items to reflect the eco on those.

It seems to be an interesting system nevertheless. But no one is forcing anyone to use it.

Such a business may need quite an investment, so its not for the average player. For example, the upgrader has 5 Maddox in stock, and askes 100 ped for each upgrade. I don't think trust will be much of an issue as it will mostly involve mid level items anyway, so that can either be arranged by collateral or reputation.

Ok I think I got it, you target the players who lack the PEDs or the determination to cover the possible losses, and for that the upgrader charges a little additional fee beyond the money he has to charge to cover the losses (which are the same for everybody), right?

Regards,

But no one is forcing anyone to use it.

Doesn't help to state the obvious.
The fact is that mid/high level owners ARE getting fucked.
Lower level L gear can now easily meet or exceed much higher UL level item stats.

It seems to be an interesting system nevertheless. But no one is forcing anyone to use it.

As I mentioned above, the point is if this is really the case... and the situation now doesn't necessarily reflect the future.

Gotta agree with these guys... I simply look at it like this:

I do not use the Tier system then EU is just as it was the day prior to this VU. I have the weapons I have because I like them and my avatar performs well with them. I (personally) see no need to screw around with it. I suppose soon there will be be new Wiki entries for the "tiered" items to reflect the eco on those.

The problem is though, that you will NOT be as eco as before. You are gonna pay one way or the other (through loot probably) because the enhancers can't make the people who use them more eco than before while you are still as eco as before. If it would be that way MA would have a lower cut.

So if enough people use the enhancers, then others are more or less forced to upgrade as well because the "eco scale" is moving upwards. To make a more simple comparisson:

Suppose that in the old system all of us would reach 10/10 HA, then for sure not all of us suddenly are gonna break even or profit. The eco pivot point, or break even pivot point, or however you wanna call it, would slide up in order to keep MA's % intact. The better we all become, the more that pivot point moves upwards.

If enough people upgrade you will suffer in playing cost somehow. Providing the upgraded people will be more eco that is.

Edit: It is quite well possible the enhancers don't improve eco but just firepower, longevity and what not. In such a case it indeed doesn't matter much as long as you dont do pvp.

Last edited:
I think this just says "Some items are good enough, and only an epic gamble and a shitload of investment will ever improve them". Then we'll have to find another word, something for stuff that's so past 'Uber' it's just not real.

When news of this update came out, I thought like everyone else; "Wow, we can make the weapons of our dreams". Shoulda maybe also thought that nothing comes for free. As has been said, a tier-whatever Mod Fap or even Tango (300 dmg, 25 shots a min, 220 range?) would be insanely advantageous to own, so it should be very difficult to obtain one. Those with the top-end gear should be happy; they've just been told they have gear hardly worth improving, thus justifying their purchases. And for the truly blessed with wealth, there's the rare chance of going for broke and making a truly amazing weapon.

It remains an excellent bit of variety and diversion for the rest of us though; I have very little interest in clothes but the variety has been in tailoring for ages; now those of us who like to play with guns get something else to do. I'm looking forward to seeing the various mad versions of normally innocent-looking guns as people find the better ones to augment.

Not what I expected but I can roll with this one. Dunno when I'll use it but I'm glad it's here. I can now start to create my own 'Vera':)

Hurrikane

That is assuming enhancers don't screw your eco. Swine deluxe has excellent dps, not so good for hunting though...

Ouch, my brain is hurting. I'm going to go drink some beer, someone PM me when we figure this out. :)

Does anyone NOW see my reasoning to NOT ask for any game up grades....

Do you now understand MA CAN NOT do one thing for the game without fucking us 6 ways to sunday...

At this Point I am 1000% sure MA could fuck up a wet dream even if they started with a hardon and a handful of warm lotion.

This Enhancer fiasco seals the deal.

Only way to wake them up is if everyone did not log in for an extended amount of time but there are far too many addicted gamblers and favorites for that to happen.

I have yet to form a definite opinion on the enhancement/upgrade system.

With the (L) weapons, the tiers upgrade automatically... good thing, yes?

The tiers are unique to individual weapons, so when that (L) weapon is dead, and you get another, your tier starts back at 0.0 I assume if you have a full TT (L) weapon to start, you CAN make it to tier 10.

Now, for the UL weapons.... I don't think it should come easy or cheap to upgrade a UL weapon. Think about how many marber tangos would be in game if it were easy and cheap... or mod mercs. If it were cheap and easy to upgrade, then the overall inherent value of both (L) and UL weapons would be lost (read as... market value would hit the basement). Additionally, we really don't know for sure what the enhancements will do for the weapon, etc.

In order to form a more solid opinion of this new system, I've started my own experiment. I am going to (attempt to) take a Mann MPH DLx up to tier 10... not the most exciting thing, and it will take a very long time, I suspect... once I hit the first tier, I think I will have a better grasp on how much this whole thing is gonna cost me, what enhancements I can have on the weapon, if it's worth it, etc...

Several questions I want to answer for myself...

---- does the additional weapon/armor/tool need to be full TT to use for the upgrade?

---- will I get the additional weapon/armor/tool back?

---- will I get whatever components needed for the upgrade back?

---- what enhancements can I use, and what effects will they have?

Since we already have amps, I suspect that none of the enhancement options will be for additional damage per shot... although, I might be wrong. As I can answer these questions, I will post my findings.

(imagines an MPH DLx that has a rate of fire of 85 shots per min and a range of 150 meters) :D

I have yet to form a definite opinion on the enhancement/upgrade system.

With the (L) weapons, the tiers upgrade automatically... good thing, yes?

The tiers are unique to individual weapons, so when that (L) weapon is dead, and you get another, your tier starts back at 0.0 I assume if you have a full TT (L) weapon to start, you CAN make it to tier 10.

Now, for the UL weapons.... I don't think it should come easy or cheap to upgrade a UL weapon. Think about how many marber tangos would be in game if it were easy and cheap... or mod mercs. If it were cheap and easy to upgrade, then the overall inherent value of both (L) and UL weapons would be lost (read as... market value would hit the basement). Additionally, we really don't know for sure what the enhancements will do for the weapon, etc.

In order to form a more solid opinion of this new system, I've started my own experiment. I am going to (attempt to) take a Mann MPH DLx up to tier 10... not the most exciting thing, and it will take a very long time, I suspect... once I hit the first tier, I think I will have a better grasp on how much this whole thing is gonna cost me, what enhancements I can have on the weapon, if it's worth it, etc...

Several questions I want to answer for myself...

---- does the additional weapon/armor/tool need to be full TT to use for the upgrade?

---- will I get the additional weapon/armor/tool back?

---- will I get whatever components needed for the upgrade back?

---- what enhancements can I use, and what effects will they have?

Since we already have amps, I suspect that none of the enhancement options will be for additional damage per shot... although, I might be wrong. As I can answer these questions, I will post my findings.

(imagines an MPH DLx that has a rate of fire of 85 shots per min and a range of 150 meters) :D

Start with a Mann MPH (non-deluxe), you'll already have killer rate of fire:)

Hurrikane

Why not try a TT pistol?
would be nice to have your enhanced gun maxed

I looks like the only weapon thats practicable for many (if not most) to upgrade is the Opalo. Is that why it's the only one Marco mentioned when he anounced this turkey?

I can sure see why he chose to keep his dirty little secret about how unlimited items are uptiered till now.:laugh:

The more things change the more MA remains the same.
Guess I'll just keep giving all of my gameing money to Sony and non of it to MA for awhile longer.

Guess I'll just keep giving all of my gameing money to Sony and non of it to MA for awhile longer.

you could also give it to me :rolleyes: but I would probably give it to something that's not MA too :D

Start with a Mann MPH (non-deluxe), you'll already have killer rate of fire:)

Why not try a TT pistol?
would be nice to have your enhanced gun maxed

Not that I generally use a huge dps super-duper weapon (I prefer korss 400)... but come on! I'm already dying here, with the MPH DLx... 55 shots per min, max 8 dmg, 200 ammo per shot (btw, HA isn't horrible... 5.0) really, it's killing me to use this weapon, and ya want me to use something that's slower(TT pistol) and less damage????? :eek: I'll be killing snable youngs for the rest of my EU life!!!

Doesn't help to state the obvious.
The fact is that mid/high level owners ARE getting fucked.
Lower level L gear can now easily meet or exceed much higher UL level item stats.

I must agree here. There will be a much higher supply of new gear that matches the existing "uber" gear. Price will fall quickly due to higher supply. I fear that myself and quite a few other good folks have just lost a shit-load of cash overnight.

Good skills have been effectively neutered with L weaps and now the good weaps themselves have also been neutered.

Marco: Please consider how fun a game is where there's no real difference between the good and bad players.

Back