Deposit problems

Impact

Nov 26, 2012
So I decided to depo 220 bucks.. sweet!
Have enough left in account to pay car insurance and student loan.. sweet!

220 bucks goes through np.
Next day they take it out again!
Car insurance bounces.....
Student Loan bounces....
The second Mindark transaction bounces....

Now I have 127 bucks in NSF payments. and that would be negative 127 bucks....

Totally 100% screwed................... Good job MA!
Will probably loose monthly payments on car insurance because it bounced.

My CC company has launched and investigation into the matter but will take 30 days +.

what bothers me most about your post is the fact that people deposit a big amount of their available assets into entropia.

what bothers me most about your post is the fact that people deposit a big amount of their available assets into entropia.

Same thoughts here... :)

One shall not deposit more than one can afford to lose imo :)

I am a student, its not good to get into the habit of depositing big =)

Just don't deposit at the moment.
It seems common for the deposit process to fail or charge you multiple times, at the moment. So it's safer to simply not deposit.

ah but not all can be non depositers ermik were would u get your free ped?

ah but not all can be non depositers ermik were would u get your free ped?

there is a difference between beeing a non depositer and a "all in" depostier.

I have done my fair share of depositing into eu, but not anymore.

Drop the hate, its getting old.

The guy had money set aside for bills, what he does with his disposable income is entirely his choice. You guys need to stop be so sanctimonious and focus on the problem, which is that MA fucked up and should compensate this player.

The guy had money set aside for bills, what he does with his disposable income is entirely his choice. You guys need to stop be so sanctimonious and focus on the problem, which is that MA fucked up and should compensate this player.

i wasnt preaching him really , was just sayin it concerned me that people put their private finances at such risk by obviously depositing too much for them to handle incase something screws irl.

But yes, the main issue is the deposit problem with MA, had this happen many times when booking hotel rooms, they reserve funds on the card when you check in, and when you leave they charge the card and release the reservation, but the reservation takes a few days to release, meaning for awhile you lock money up.

there is a difference between beeing a non depositer and a "all in" depostier.

I have done my fair share of depositing into eu, but not anymore.

Drop the hate, its getting old.

not hating just dont get wtf buisness it is of yours what he does with his money.

not hating just dont get wtf buisness it is of yours what he does with his money.

well none actually, however this is a forum where one can speak his opinion, and i was bothered by the fact that some people deposit way over their heads.

you however seem to go on me for other reasons, reasons that doesent have anything to do with the OP´s issues either.

Well, maybe. Not everyone keeps all their assets on one account though.

Impact,

After reading your post today I immediately instructed our accounts department to investigate this case.

As you brought this to the forum I will answer here also, although a message has already been sent via your Entropia account.

After a full investigation of your payment history and the 220 usd deposited, we can see no trace of any double payment or cancelled payment, we suggest you contact your own creditcard provider or Bank for a full explanation. If you require any information from us to supply to your Bank please request this through the support section on entropiauniverse.com

We apologise that your deposit has somehow caused your CC company or Bank to make this mistake but unfortunately it is out of our hands.

I hope this information helps.

David

I can not answer support questions here on the forums, but I thought I could make an exception in this case.

I did a deposit last weekend for a much smaller amount, but on my online card it shows both the transaction cleared and it shows it still pending, which is odd, normally when it clears the pending disappears. Hope the OP, gets it straightened out.

Dude, you might want to think about having one credit card for EU and one for real life. The EU one will have a limit and can't function once maxed and it protects you from difficult life situations.

If I can't afford to depo, I simply sell ingame stuff. If that fails I sweat and do other things that dont require much Ped.

A Decent Gesture

Impact,

After reading your post today I immediately instructed our accounts department to investigate this case.

As you brought this to the forum I will answer here also, although a message has already been sent via your Entropia account.

After a full investigation of your payment history and the 220 usd deposited, we can see no trace of any double payment or cancelled payment, we suggest you contact your own creditcard provider or Bank for a full explanation. If you require any information from us to supply to your Bank please request this through the support section on entropiauniverse.com

We apologise that your deposit has somehow caused your CC company or Bank to make this mistake but unfortunately it is out of our hands.

I hope this information helps.

David

I can not answer support questions here on the forums, but I thought I could make an exception in this case.

I am glad you made an exception for this case. A lot of bounced checks can be a real horror to straighten out and very expensive. Letting him know clearly what happened on MA's end will probably help the guy get thru the mess quicker.

I was playing a monthly sub MMO sometime back. They would charge my account $14.99 every month. It was no big whoop to me. Then one month their auto charging software went fubar and I was charged a total of 72 times in one hour. The only reason why it didnt get anymore charges is because I had went so deep into negative the bank refused it. But each charge after negative was a $28 overdraft fee as well.

It wasnt just me though. Several people suffered from this glitch. Some had more then 500 charges in just a few hours.

It turned out ok in the end for me. The game company put the money back and paid the over draft fees. However it took a little over a month.

From that I learned a valuable lesson. So now I have a prepaid card I use to do online transactions. I keep about $50-100 on it for my online transactions. I am using it here as well.

It has served me well as another service I subscribe too online had a supposed glitch as well and tried to charge me several times at once. But I wasnt out much money since there wasnt much on the prepaid card. And when the card hits $0 there is no going over.

So my advice to anyone out there using a CC here or for any online transactions is to get a prepaid card. Then you can load it with whatever amount you want and can feel safe knowing if there are multiple charges your safe from overdraft fees or losing most of your money.

But they wont pay him back for something they are 100% responsible for.MA pay the kid back his lost peds !

So my advice to anyone out there using a CC here or for any online transactions is to get a prepaid card. Then you can load it with whatever amount you want and can feel safe knowing if there are multiple charges your safe from overdraft fees or losing most of your money.

I would add, many CC companies have a virtual CC option where u can have a # set up for one time use, or limited to one vendor and a Max total dollar amount. I've found in the US many prepaid cards don't work for foreign transactions, so maybe this is another option you might already have with the credit card your using.

I have a separate account for just my EU deposits and I only deposit into it when I need to. My card does not work if the money is not in the account. This works well for me. I also deposit when in game....bypassing the current problems with the website deposits. Hope you get your overdraft back.

Yes I did get your support response.
I contacted my bank and they told me that both transactions had different numbers and had clearly gone through to Mindark.

Nov 26, 2012 MINDARK.CO 220.00_V 225.14 CND
Nov 26, 2012 JG91644734 MIND _V 225.14 CND

My bank said it looks like a simple double charge, but the fact they said they both went through to you is odd. They are doing an investigation but it will take some time. If it is not in your system or DIB's then it has to be my bank I agree. Notice the JG91644734? I have never seen anything like that on my deposits.

exactly and as fast as possible...This is a terrible thing to happen

I was playing...........went fubar and ..........

It turned out ok in the end for me. So now I have a prepaid card I use to do online transactions.

It has served me well ........and can feel safe ...................

That was cool and very unusual for MA to post in this thread, we should be genuinely grateful I think and I'm not being sarcastic.
I have paraphrased the quote above as it is the only answer for me to; use a second/not my main means to depo, i.e. mywirecard.de do a 1% virtual credit card and sumoney.com have a slightly more expensive/less secure payment system. At least if something goes wrong, it's a way of limitting the damage. Ukash is the obvious and cheapest answer. Good luck OP. I have sued banks and had to change banks after I claimed in court that the fee was like an APR % in return for nothing and an APR of, like 10,000% was unfair, and unreasonable, therefore (in Scotland) against the law. These were my most satisfying court actions; the arrogant bank managers could not believe they had been sued for less than 100 USD, they just think they can take whatever/whenever they like cos people are just like cash machines to them. One of them actually cried LOL, after telling me to stop pestering her in such a trivial way. Again good luck.
Boo.

Similar things have happened to me on here a couple of times, apparently sorry is the only compensation you will get from MA! A very sick feeling hangs over me every time i deposit into this mess, until alot of things change i have no interest anymore in this game, the whole principal sucks.

Ma are tuff but fair. At least we are not hearing story's of how some are being compensated and others are not.

Back