DirectX Repeat Installing

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
3 July 2007

Some participants have reported problems while trying to download the latest Entropia Universe patch.

The difficulty seems to be connected with Microsoft's most recent DirectX update. In order to solve the problem, we advise you to download the complete (not the web setup) DirectX SDK ? (June 2007) which can be found in the Microsoft Download Center.

Originally Posted Here

DirectX SDK ?

that's a fair question, because my friend had that error and nothing helped, not the SDK not other versions, not uninstalling DirectX (basically recovering the originally built in version that windoze had), not even full repairing windows.

I'll tell him to try that SDK from June, maybe it's a newer one and will work...

J.

3 July 2007

Some participants have reported problems while trying to download the latest Entropia Universe patch.

The difficulty seems to be connected with Microsoft's most recent DirectX update. In order to solve the problem, we advise you to download the complete (not the web setup) DirectX SDK ? (June 2007) which can be found in the Microsoft Download Center.

Originally Posted Here
I succes (thx laban) when i found an offline installer. That solve my probs. Will update with link later....

Got it here :)

http://www.osnn.net/comments.php?shownews=13955 pick Redistributable link at the bottom (or direct from here) - its all up to you.

Ah, ok, that's only a 450+ MB install... :laugh:

I wonder why the full SDK is needed (recommended), and not just the runtime :scratch2:

I wonder why the full SDK is needed (recommended), and not just the runtime :scratch2:

Because MA devs are just through the first chapter on coding. Thirteen year olds have a low attention span. Give it time.

When gaming standard reaches Direct X 20+. EU will handle the Mario Bros. Engine perfectly. I have no doubt about that.

SDK is for dev...
Runtime for simple user.
What people should get is the redistribuable.
Because is more udate than the web based runtime , but dont got all developer file that a user dont need.
can be found here :http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...67-d926-463b-99e8-27199d6626b5&DisplayLang=en

Usual microsof make a redistribuate all month , and its always good to update.
You have to put file in directory , then run setup... it update all componan that need update , then you can delete the directorie.

EU didn't recognize the DirectX 10 I had on my comp, so I just found and downloaded a file and now it runs fine. It' just a tiny file missing that EU looks for.

rolf @SDK :laugh:

DX10 emulation ftw ;p

DirectX SDK made EU on Vista@64-bits work :kos:

Its a matter of packaging everything properly. MA most likely released the patch without proper testing and confirmation that all of files needed would download with todays update. So as a result the quick fix is to have us install the full SDK.

I find this quite annoying!

DirectX SDK made EU on Vista@64-bits work :kos:

Redist should be enought...
But the end user with web download is often outdated , and dont give lastest file.

One more note...

When installing the Direct-X SDK choose to use the retail runtime and not the debug runtime. The debug runtime is slower.

Yes i have that problem.. but lets see if this fix it. Soooo sloooooow tho :/

Its a matter of packaging everything properly. MA most likely released the patch without proper testing and confirmation that all of files needed would download with todays update. So as a result the quick fix is to have us install the full SDK.

I find this quite annoying!

Since the problem with DirectX occurred last week, before the patch, that theory won't stick.

Also, there seems to be a problem when using the webupdate from Microsoft, maybe they screwed up? Wouldn't be the first time...

Anyway, just as long as annoying things like these is fixed I guess I'm fairly happy.

I installed the entire dev sdk and still same issue/message, any pointers?

Error from MA :

File: "Entropia.exe"
Reason: Invalid LIST response from server.

Last edited:
i bought a new laptop and installed XP 64 on that last month

and no problem with it so xp 64 does work b4 VU already(at least for me)

although in CL it says that it is Win 2003

Still no fix for me here, anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this? Uninstall/reinstall i dunno just pissed at this "challange" beta imho...

For whatever reason it works now dont have a O&*#$Y($ clue why :(

Guess someone isn't using Visual Source Safe for their game code... LOL

Oops!

After doing a complete reinstallation of EU it runs fine on my Vista notebook :yay:

Had to reinstall win XP today and after that I have this problem too :S

And cant get the direct X SDK thing from mircosoft,, when it is suppose to start downloading and install nothing happens and I get a msg that I couldnt get the file atm... ><

I have a genuin windows XP so no prob with validation and such, just cant get the damn file.

EDIT: It was the one from July I couldnt get (oops), got the one from june now and it works fine.

Last edited:
Absolute nightmare ...the web based download fails with the message 'setup could not dowload the file. Please try later or check network connection.' The manual download from the website just downloads...then when I get it to install - its as if nothing happened!

Back