Do you have hopes to Withdraw from game?

Do you have hopes to Withdraw from game?

• Yes

Votes: 141 74.2%
  • No

Votes: 49 25.8%

• Total voters
I have every hope to be able to withdraw.

Yet,

I have every hope that I will never want to withdraw.

One thing that strikes me is that the mere existence of an armor set such as the Viceroy reduces my ability to withdraw, should I ever decide to do so. As I hope to play EU for a long time to come (any ATHs will stay in game), withdrawing will require me to sell my items (guns, armor, clothing, etc.).

To sell requires a buyer.

Every PED locked in in an item like the Viceroy is unable to purchase any of my items.
Furthermore, each PED locked is unable to purchase my loot (of any sort).

Even if I do not opt to acquire this armor, every person who does hurts the ability of myself (and others) to sell.
By offering the limited edition Skullcandy version, the developers are actively trying to entice players into this complete loss of PEDs from the economy. That's bad, mmmkay.

I do not accept the argument that tacit approval of bound items has been given by those who have completed this mission. Luring with the "candy" of having something limited and special does not mean that the bound armor has been welcomed by the community.

As I hope to (someday) withdraw, I truly hope that items like this are forbidden from EU.

Rocking It!

I'll bet ND has planned a mission chain to offer players a similar opportunity;

- Ore Finder from a Hell mission, or a set of blueprints with guaranteed success mod and tt value buffer.

It seems that player to player interaction (tt+) is being diluted in favour of paying MA direct. Strange that more CLD's haven't been dumped by our big investor (Max something IIRC)

Lol

You all do know there was already multiple non TT items on a few planets right?

I think its awesome to give something you can work toward getting and having the item always you can show "I did this mission to earn this"

In this mission case you can skip the grinding and buy the materials which helps the economy by giving a way to sell some common materials and removes them from the system instead of just circling them around.

In future maybe theres an epic year long taking mission chain to get an uber item maybe? I know I would sure LOVE to be able to grind toward earning something amazing item which I have never had any hope of looting myself >^.^<

Binding the item to the account prevents the sale of that item so its not impacting so much the sale of the non bound items. I sure saw a lot of DOOM AND GLOOM about poor poor gremlin armor crashing to no value. That sure did not happen o_O Heck most of the people I see wearing viceroy got it because they want the cool look and they already own stronger armors. That price for a cool outfit is a good deal just think of what people pay for clothes sets :D

I have always viewed my 'investments' into PE as being something the could later be realised - leaving aside a profit or not - and that is the very core premise of this RCE that we enjoy - if that ability to get back what we have put in is not there, either because an item is bound to the account or whatever, then the amount of in game expenditure comes very much under the spotlight as it is 'lost' money - much like spending $20 going to the cinema/whatever for a single-time entertainment against paying $20 for a DVD/whatever that can be enjoyed repeatedly then sold down the 2nd-hand shop (or on Fleabay)

But I've enjoyed PE, as I'm sure many many others do, and have not had at the front of my mind the thoughts of withdrawing.

But let me look at this from a slightly different perspective......

I've been playing since '05, I've got some decent mid-range UL gear, Angel, Desert Stalker and the like, I've got a single, solitary CLD (and loads of assorted crap in storage - probably worth half of diddlysquat in total) and for me that's as far as I go - no requirement for anything better.

Only withdrawn once (to go towards paying a tax bill) - put it all back plus more - but never really considered selling out.

BUT .... losing the ability to sell what your Avatar 'owns' is not a good move for an RCE (IMO) - $70 for armour that has no value outside the game gives money only to MA/PP (clever move by them).

Let's look at the 'value' of my gear.... I reckon my main stuff is worth about 37k PED let's say.

Plus I've got ~190k skills so they'll be worth a bit more.

Now, if I sell everything, what could I expect to get for all my stuff and skills and things?

45K PED? So $4500

Now that's a nice little sum.

So, to the different perspective...... it's one of age (mine), especially as I my pension kicks off in October!- so come a couple or so more years down the line when I do finally quit the 9-5, I'll have no salary coming in, a fair pension but no riches, can I justify NOT withdrawing that money? I won't be able to justify continuing playing when a decent evening's hunt cost $50+ (plse don't quote eco shit at me, thx)

In fact, if somebody said "I'll 'buy' your avatar complete of all possessions and skills for $4,500 - now!" I'd rip his virtual hand off! Might just ask MA if they could broker this for me at some point.

An alternative is to hand it over, but to whom? Daughters are married, grand-kids are too young, the son is way too busy with his cars so there is no-one to really 'inherit' my Avatar - and that's a subject that kicks off all kinds of discussions anyway.

So, do I want the ability to withdraw - obviously the answer is going to have to be YES,

Do I want bound gear? NO.

I will at some point in the not too distant future look to realise some or all of my investment (hah!) in MA (keep yours eyes open for the market crash which will no doubt blight my attempts to sell for a good price!).

....unless, of course, something amazing happens in or to the game that makes it imperative I stay (no, not the return of Taming!!)

But that precedent was already set by the introduction of earlier items that were avatar bound.

Out of genuine interest, what useable items that cost PED's to aquire - that are not real world items/tickets, free new player/promotional items or your sweat tool - were introduced before this?
I know of those items I listed above, that were soul-bound, but that's a whole different kettle of fish and any intelligent person should not need a wall of text in order to understand why.

Furthermore, with regards to attributes;attributes are like your soul, your "heart"..
In real life you can't sell your soul (plz don't troll that sentence), it's bound to your "avatar" so to speak.
Your clothes, however. - unless tattooed on - are another story.

And even if clothes were tattooed on, I bet you could still cut them off and sell them to someone who's into that kinda stuff lol.
Not Viceroy!

Last edited:
you buy viceroy for 700 ped and sell it for 0 - problem
you buy mothership for 100k and sell it for 50k - everything is ok
you paint your clothes black for 5k and sell them for 50 ped - ales good
you buy UL gun for 10k and sell it for 1k - no problemo

If someone want to support Arkadia by buying this armor why do you stop him. Just don't buy it for yourself.
Even if it was 1700 PED people would still get it just to add it to their collection of armors.

you buy viceroy for 700 ped and sell it for 0 - problem
you buy mothership for 100k and sell it for 50k - everything is ok
you paint your clothes black for 5k and sell them for 50 ped - ales good
you buy UL gun for 10k and sell it for 1k - no problemo

you buy mothership for 50k and sell it for 60k - Ain't it amazing
you paint your clothes black for 500 and sell them for 500ped - Awesome as it did its job
you buy UL gun for 10k and sell it for 20k - Wow, aint it heaven already

You buy viceroy for 700 ped and HAVE TO sell it for 0 whenever u want to - BIG F**KING PROBLEM

You see with the rest there is an upside possible scenario as well whereas with this there aint :)

the problem here poeple thing stuff alway increase in price but in reality it dont price almost always goes down

the high price item are held by poeple that can afford it or big ped balance and keep buying cheape and selling hing to kkeeep the item

like i said in post before i got a tiger amour set it worth less than half what i paid for it 5 year ago

some poeple are still dreaming of high price for item hoep it stay that way but whit new item coming price may fall

every item i baught is worht less then what i paid for

the only porblem i have whit the new amour it should give back you tt of the item if tt

the problem here poeple thing stuff alway increase in price but in reality it dont price almost always goes down

the high price item are held by poeple that can afford it or big ped balance and keep buying cheape and selling hing to kkeeep the item

like i said in post before i got a tiger amour set it worth less than half what i paid for it 5 year ago

some poeple are still dreaming of high price for item hoep it stay that way but whit new item coming price may fall

every item i baught is worth less then what i paid for

the only porblem i have whit the new amour it should give back you tt of the item if tt

Sucks for u that u lost in ur deals but you are as much dreaming about things as those you claim are dreaming. Here's a reality check for you. Imp faps were worth 80-85k a year back and are worth 100k or so at the moment. Mod faps went for 140k-145k and are now going for 160k+. I can give u plenty such examples from guns as well. Armor has been hit the worst but that is mostly because of stuff like perseus being available for an extended period of time for 140% etc. Now that the option is gone we are already seeing an increase in the armor prices.

In the last 1 year almost all items have gained in MU and i know what i am talking about. It has all to do with number of active EU citizens and the real life economy of people and both have on an average has risen.

Overall i am very +ve about EU and Arkadia especially but that doesn't mean that i have to agree and blindly support what Ark team believes in.

Using a bad example here, but Next Island had, sorry, has both of these systems already in place. The mission reward has been around since NI started and to earn extra money they even setup a shop keeper to sale odd items such as the Transformers 3 - Autobot T-Shirt (M/F,C) and Optimus Prime Helmet (M/F) (which I bought both from NI.) It's been a while since I did them all but I think most of the missions on NI to get tools were setup to give them items in return for the tools.

I'm not sure here, but I think the money for this mission on Arkadia is going to MA and not Arkadia since it's a mission and not a true shop keeper as such?

Back