Does anyone play with sound?

Do you play with sound

• Total voters

Jane Doe

Old
Society
Perseus
Jane Bongo Doe
Majoity of people I talk too don't, I havnt since very early days. Just turned it on yoday, took 2 minutes to annoy the crap outta me. Anyone else of like mind? What would you guggest? Also are they ever gonna do something with those jukeboxes?

i play with the sounds on not for the music but for the global noise :yay: my second favorite sound the first being HOF but i dont hear that one very often!

sound on 90% of the time
music on 75% of the time

I've had my sound on ever since I started a bit more than 3 years ago....

Only play with sound - the music is off - it sucks anyway

yea ofc i play with sound Oo i would wonder who doesnt

I use the sound to remain aware of mobs in my surroundings and their "mood". That, and the music.

I would have the music on 100% if there would be music ON all the time, but there isn't and that is very annoying so I play with music off.

But sounds I have turned on to hear mobs and other sounds.

Or I have both sound and music of and listen to something else, depends on my mood :D

I always play with sound, rarely with music. I think having sound on is important because there are many audio 'clues' in the game, like the 'sssssssss' that tells you that you really don't want to go any closer to that mob you can't see over the hill.

Also I work in music/audio and have done sound for a few games, and any game audio guy will tell you that the most depressing thing in the world is when people turn the sound off. When it's done well, audio is an important part of any game.

I play with sound and music, but sometimes i turn music off and listen to real music.

I love the sound of shooting when i hunt, i love the sound of bombs when i mine and i love to hear those snables scream when I'm massacring them:vampire:.

oh and the sounds avatars make when they talk makes me lol :laugh:

I keep music off all the time.

Nicer to listen to a good techno/dance online radio station. Helps with the grind :p

Music off!
I'm more of a metal kind of guy, (Moonspell playing right now! ;)) and there are just some types of music I can't bare, so I always have winamp on. Besides I've found that I can control winamp in game with the PEass!:yay:
The sound in CND is a bit better, still I rather have it off!

HAIL

like the 'sssssssss' that tells you that you really don't want to go any closer to that mob you can't see over the hill.

:rofl: that saved my life more than once :laugh:

i keep it off most of the time.
but some times i put the sound on if there are some mobs im listning for like miner bots

In action situations, like team hunts or beacons, I turn the sound on. But there's no need for it when crafting so usually it's turned off. :)

still I rather have it off!

Me too ! But when this is not possible I play EU.

I always have the sound on because I like the global trumpets and the hof organ.

ps, not enough options in your poll ... none for sounds / no music.

The EU music is good, I do like it a lot, "Takin' over.... my soul...." but I am glad that it is separated from game sounds. Here's why: Streaming audio!

Sometimes when there is some niice techno streaming down from my favorite site or a kick ass dj is spinning wicked beats, I will stream that thru RealPlayer (or sth that isn't a big resource hog) and then, with EU running, turn down the EU Music but keep the game sounds turned up! now you got the best of both worlds!

You could even do the same thing with MP3's on yer hardys too :D

sorry but I can't vote :) I have sound on but music off :D there is no such option in the poll xD

Depends on my mood, I play with sound or not but I never play with music

The EU music is good, I do like it a lot, "Takin' over.... my soul...." but I am glad that it is separated from game sounds. Here's why: Streaming audio!

Sometimes when there is some niice techno streaming down from my favorite site or a kick ass dj is spinning wicked beats, I will stream that thru RealPlayer (or sth that isn't a big resource hog) and then, with EU running, turn down the EU Music but keep the game sounds turned up! now you got the best of both worlds!

You could even do the same thing with MP3's on yer hardys too :D

I agree with u :) I mostly do the same :D

Sometimes I listen to the sounds and the music, sometimes I listen to the sounds and my own music, and sometimes I have the TV on and turn the sound off. It all depends on my mood.

sound and music on:)

Sounds on always but the music - never (except for ND's live streaming in CL)

I have music off- sounds on- when hunting or mining. The music reminds me of running for tp's :) . If I want to hear a particular one, I fire up Sequoia View, to find it, and play them directly (wavs & bik vid).

MUST have sound, cos I love to hear the drones say 'thank you' as they die... :laugh:

Sound on 95% of the time, I very rarely have it turned off. As others have said it can provide a valuable warning about your surroundings. Although it's no longer exciting to get a global it's still nice to hear the ol' trumpets, a mute global just doesn't feel right :silly2:

I'm not sure if I have voted wrong or if poll is a bit messed up :scratch2:

I play with sound YES (sound of M&L=awesome)

But I have the music turned off.

:)

I like the music and sounds in entropia and leave them on however...

...if I ever go psycho in Gothemburg, the guy I would gun down first is the one who had advert music play over game music in the shopping containers.

that REALLY pisses me off! They might have fixed it now but I doubt it!

Wistrel

PS I should note I am very unlikely to go pycho anywhere let alone with guns... but you get the point anyhow ;)

I always play with the sound off whenever I forget that i've unmuted my pc and log into EU i'm like what the hell is that? lol And rush to switch the mute button on!

I play with sound. Kinda necessary for pvp, and in general hunting. Most of the time the music is off though. I don't like the annoying ads though.

Back