Don't bother taming anymore

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
From the recent EF public chat w/ Frank.

RobVee: When can we expect the taming system to be updated?
Frank_MindArk: I would be very happy if we got a document written for the development of the taming system this year.

Let's examine this answer:
He's saying they don't have any firm plans (document) yet.

Also, Frank doesn't seem to be expecting anything anytime soon. He mentions "this year", but being early April, that's a long time frame.

I know he's supposed to make his answers happy and vague, but reading between the lines, I think he was really thinking something like:

I would be very surprised if we got a document written for the development of the taming system this year.

Meaning no taming developments have been created yet, and none are expected to be created. Don't expect any fighting pets or saddle bags for a long while.

Sorry, but that's what I read in his answer about taming and pets. I hope I'm wrong.

Your thoughts?

Hello,

I think you read it right. That's what I understood from it also.

Grounder

From the recent EF public chat w/ Frank.

Let's examine this answer:
He's saying they don't have any firm plans (document) yet.

Also, Frank doesn't seem to be expecting anything anytime soon. He mentions "this year", but being early April, that's a long time frame.

I know he's supposed to make his answers happy and vague, but reading between the lines, I think he was really thinking something like:

Meaning no taming developments have been created yet, and none are expected to be created. Don't expect any fighting pets or saddle bags for a long while.

Sorry, but that's what I read in his answer about taming and pets. I hope I'm wrong.

Your thoughts?

But HEY ...PE is dynamic ....

Time will tell...

Hope the price on the Cobra ME will drop so I can finally buy one! After all, taming is the future of Entropia Universe... well, maybe... :rolleyes:

Time will tell...

Hope the price on the Cobra ME will drop so I can finally buy one! After all, taming is the future of Entropia Universe... well, maybe... :rolleyes:

And i thought future is mechanised and stuff... :(
U mean that`s all this is about?Walking and feeding a virtual pet? :p
jk...kinda sad to see this delayed but hell, we`re waiting for vehicles since the wheel...(not to mention space travel,battles,mining in space..bla bla)

So stop skilling.

Then when they DO implement it and then adjust the skilling to match the fact that the system works, I don't want to hear anyone complain that skilling is too hard.

So stop skilling.

Then when they DO implement it and then adjust the skilling to match the fact that the system works, I don't want to hear anyone complain that skilling is too hard.

ditto! :wtg:
i do remember see some talking more than once about how they used to TT shadow parts back some time... now they regret...
Stop skilling taming.. in some time we'll see someone regret too..

ditto! :wtg:
i do remember see some talking more than once about how they used to TT shadow parts back some time... now they regret...
Stop skilling taming.. in some time we'll see someone regret too..

Well, in time we will regret all the things we didn't do, once EU breaks through to the great masses. I already regret not skilling enough before the skill nerve, not killing enough before the amp nerve, not looting enough before the loot nerve,...
Ya get the point :)

That's correct,but check out,it may take months or even 1 or 2 years before they improve taming,but guess what will happen when u will be able to ride a pet, to go hunt with a pet, to do inumerous things with pets that will require u skills....
*selling taming skills 10k%*
*selling pets 2.5k ped each*
*Taming pets for 500ped*

u got the point :)

i do believe now that the better thing we can do is to invest in stuff that's growing,even if it will take some time to get to the desired improvement level..

That's correct,but check out,it may take months or even 1 or 2 years before they improve taming,but guess what will happen when u will be able to ride a pet, to go hunt with a pet, to do inumerous things with pets that will require u skills....
*selling taming skills 10k%*
*selling pets 2.5k ped each*
*Taming pets for 500ped*

u got the point :)

i do believe now that the better thing we can do is to invest in stuff that's growing,even if it will take some time to get to the desired improvement level..
I couldn't agree more! :whip:

Well well guys...

stop crying now....
sure what he wrote can be read in a negative texture...if you want to...
BUT I DONT...:yay:
we have been waiting sooo looong now...whats a few more days....;)

and besides....gives us time to skill even more....:laugh:

Cheer up now...I wouldent be surpriced if the pet vu will hit us like a clusterbomb in our sleep...late this fall...

Your Miggo

All I can say is, and it was my 3rd question on the day but only managed to get one question fielded through, why not release more mobs? Snarksnots, Cornundacaudas and Berycleds for instance?

Surely that wouldn't require much work and show that Taming isn't effectively redundant at this time?

lol omg :rolleyes: it is starting to like we R all "Skilling" for the days never to come.

You guys know there is noone that wants the taming to come mre than me:) I agree with Mathayus and RobVee and Miggo: it will come sooner or later, it will hit out of nowhere, and those of who did work on it will make out like bandits for a while:)

Same will be with scanning, mindforce, vehicles, area damage weapons etc.

This is the beta stage game until the masses flock to it...and when it happens I think we will all be quite happy.

This is the beta stage game until the masses flock to it...and when it happens I think we will all be quite happy.

Hear hear...and while we wait...:drink: is on me...

I think they mean what they say -ie we have other priorities at the moment, therefore, taming will stay as it is for a long, long time....

You should not listen too much on anything MA says: when Marco was running around last year every day at 16:00 (because of a fair), he said: pets will get usefull end of year or beginning of next year (so that would have been Q1 2007 :)).

I agree with the high skilled players: they will not announce it very loud in advance when it comes. Maybe not this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if it would come this summer too. Only ppl who invest a lot usually profit from skilling early... and these high skillers would be angry if others hear 4 months in advance when it will come, so late entries can catch up in that time!

But I know a lot ppl who will get mad, when it comes, they will complain (if I had known this!) and then leave EU, lol :D.

I'm happy to slowly skill taming on the side until we see some changes

Sooner or later taming will become more usefull as others have commented in this thread. Until then I will content myself that my Exa Stalker can sit on command and my Snable can stand on one leg - although they seem far more skilled at eating Nutrio Bars than anything else :)

Sorry to necro this, and the other mods are free to lock this if they feel it's needed, but I just came across this while doing some research and realized this had to be the biggest I told you so ever. :(

Sorry to necro this, and the other mods are free to lock this if they feel it's needed, but I just came across this while doing some research and realized this had to be the biggest I told you so ever. :(

Taming might well return in 2013 better than it was before in the same way as Mindforce is now more expanded and Mentoring gives gifts to both disciple and mentor (along with mentor register, feedback and on the fly updating).

I, like everyone else, thought it was returning in 2012, but it looks like other priorities stopped them being able to deliver. The list of missing features from VU 9.4 is now very short, so they don't have too many excuses NOT to deliver in 2013.

As the world didn't end on 21/12/2012, I think we'll see Taming back, lets hope we can ride on our Daikiba to make up for the long wait.

:bull:

Taming might well return in 2013 better than it was before in the same way as Mindforce is now more expanded and Mentoring gives gifts to both disciple and mentor (along with mentor register, feedback and on the fly updating).

I, like everyone else, thought it was returning in 2012, but it looks like other priorities stopped them being able to deliver. The list of missing features from VU 9.4 is now very short, so they don't have too many excuses NOT to deliver in 2013.

As the world didn't end on 21/12/2012, I think we'll see Taming back, lets hope we can ride on our Daikiba to make up for the long wait.

:bull:
the gangnam style programming prolly slowed the down as well :p

and i still want to be able to ride a merp stalker
if something is a signature mob of me, its prolly that ^^ (well or ambu, but the feeding...)

The thing about Taming is they haven't even started developing it since it was scrapped VU10. They have been waiting all this time for a Planet Partner to develop it for them. MindArk just wants to provide the platform. Owning Calypso is a pain in the ass for them, SEE was meant to look after Calypso, but MA ended up getting it back adding to the burden of stuff they have to attend to.
I would not be surprised if Taming is released with a new Planet late 2013. I expect Space will be taken over by a new Planet Partner solely responsible for Space. Furthermore, I wouldnt be surprised if MA is still trying to find a buyer for Calypso.

I guess Taming is a huge undertaking considering how many mobs there are in game, how they can make it cool. Such things as riding Pets, flying pets, Pets for combat and PvP, new skills etc etc

Thx I read it and took actions accordingly back then.

The thing about Taming is they haven't even started developing it since it was scrapped VU10. They have been waiting all this time for a Planet Partner to develop it for them. MindArk just wants to provide the platform. Owning Calypso is a pain in the ass for them, SEE was meant to look after Calypso, but MA ended up getting it back adding to the burden of stuff they have to attend to.
I would not be surprised if Taming is released with a new Planet late 2013. I expect Space will be taken over by a new Planet Partner solely responsible for Space. Furthermore, I wouldnt be surprised if MA is still trying to find a buyer for Calypso.

I guess Taming is a huge undertaking considering how many mobs there are in game, how they can make it cool. Such things as riding Pets, flying pets, Pets for combat and PvP, new skills etc etc

+ repper :)

Back