Info: Driving Tips: Mobs you can't outrun with your car

Arabella Nemeth

Hatchling
Society
Orion
Arabella Diabola Nemeth
Since your brand new shiny car can be reduced to a smoking crashed heap of metal by attack from mobs, I thought it would be good to capture information of which mob you cannot outrun with a car while driving on the flat. Please add information to this thread on which mob outrun your car. Also, let's try to figure out whether the maturity of the mob affects its ability to outrun the car.

The list so far includes:
- Hogglos (not sure of maturity)
- Araneatrox (not sure of maturity)
- Tezlapods (not sure of maturity)

Another hint: If you drive uphill, your car slows down a lot and mob can catch you.

Good stuff :thumbup: I understand that the weight of the car can be a factor as well, right? I read that the cars have a storage area?

I know you can out run Estophyl any maturity.... And barly out run Equus up to proivder (thats what i incountered) not sure if they can if there lower...

LOL....

I outran arenatrox in a buggy easy....

never hunted hogs but i have seen them move and i would bet the buggys can easy outrun them..

Sorry but i have to disagree with you here m8.

So... who will be taking a vehicle to CP to do an alien roundup...?

The list could probably do with including the type of vehicle, there may be mobs the Valk can out run but not the hummer.

Also it allows you to add yet to be discovered vehicles to the list which may be slower or faster than either of the two we have at the moment.

Equus Prowler - Stalker, they run circles around you, at top speed. Lower than that are out driveable

Araneatrox are easily out driveable, whatever maturity :thumbup:

Another hint: If you drive uphill, your car slows down a lot and mob can catch you.

Well you slow down running up hills in EU and Cars in RL slow down going up hill unless you put your foot down more.

So this was a obvious thing to happen

Formicacida! ofc :D

you can outrun an ambu

I can tell you that you can outrun Ambulinax at least up to Provider, and this was in the humvee, so I think that with the Valkyrie, you should be able to outrun them as well.

All Atrox can be outrun, but for guardian and higher, you need to be on flat ground or going downhill. Drove through some stalkers/prowlers the other day and I barely got away.

Be careful out there. :smash:

what about chipry?

^
serious :O

Good stuff :thumbup: I understand that the weight of the car can be a factor as well, right? I read that the cars have a storage area?

yep weight of the storage makes a difference but also the weight appears to make a difference in the short test we did yesterday before the races.

It needs more testing but it seemed like the weight of the driver and passenger was combined and has the same limits as a single avatar when not in a vehicle.

I haven't any idea what maturity it was, but dilly can attest that I did manage to outrun a big-ass equus.

One more I have encountered, so far, that the Valkyrie CANNOT outrun....

tezlapods

yup, you heard it here, folks!! Those sneaky little bastards can keep up with you no matter if you are going uphill, downhill, upside down, rightside up... only way I managed to shake them before they blew up the cozinator was to find a fertilizer shed and lead them to the turret.

(yes, I was too lazy to get out and kill them)

Tezlapods are a fact, you can not out run them, I am not sure about a young but I has to stop and kill a mature before he ruined my car:).

BTW I did not have trouble with spiders around the oil rig so I have to think you can out run them.

Also I had very little in my storage and a Val(same as mine) with two peeps in it was quite able to keep up with me and maybe was even going a little faster so I think more testing (as was said) is in order.

Peace.

Mulak'F

Mulak'F can almost keep up. They have a high agro index (worse then spiders even), so if you try to go thru them, even one slight hill or badly handled bump means death. They hit fast too, so you get hit hard if you go by too close. Not a one hit kill, but three will most likely kill a healthy car. Great way to lose pursuit when in pvp 4. LOL

Back