Dune Official Trailer

Finnigan

Guardian
Society
Kaos
Danny Finnigan Fitzpatrick
Seems very different from the original one ??

Sirhc

Elite
Society
Defiance
Sirhc Xerogs Drakcah
It looks great. I like Denis Villeneuve's style of film-making and I think he did a decent job on Blade Runner 2049. I also really liked Sicario and Arrival a great deal. I've been a huge fan of Dune and even though people crab about the 1984 version it left an indelible mark on my imagination when I saw it. Just like The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings, the Dune series of books are difficult to bring to the big screen and please all the fans.

I am sure there will be a lot of crabbing about the new version and people have already thrown fits over the gender change of Liet Kynes. It seemed like a unnecessary change in my opinion but maybe it will change the dynamic of the story for the better.

Sirhc

Elite
Society
Defiance
Sirhc Xerogs Drakcah

I am the bearer of bad news. :(

I am a bummed but totally understand why the decision was made. I know theaters in my city aren't open and more than likely will remain closed for quite some time.

Nutbar

Old
Society
Vikings of Calypso
Archibald Nutbar Lucruze
I read the novel 5 times.. when i saw this trailer the first time, I actually cried

nutter

Stalker
Society
Project X-Y
Fezza Prozac Sanity
My father is HUGELY into Dune. He has read all the books loads of times (Dune, God Emporer Dune, Children of Dune, and about another 6 or 7 I think.)

I remember the first movie.

Hope this one is better.

MsPudding

Elite
Rachel MsPudding Hawkins
I read the novel 5 times.. when i saw this trailer the first time, I actually cried
I'm just so happy it fell in the hands of Denis Villenueve to direct it.

Mega

Chaotic Good
Society
Kaos
MegaVolt

Remember, A true Fremen will have played this and completed it! 🏜️

I will be looking forward to its release.

Bi-lal kaifa!

San

Elite
Society
OldTimers
Sandal San Tolk
I'm not sure. It'll probably be the best a cinematic experience of our time can be. I read the books a few years before the first film adaptation, and it was widely established back then that it was an impossible order to turn this into a believable movie, i.e. something which does the original work justice. I still think we aren't any closer, regardless how much visualization techniques have improved. We'll get a better version of the 1984 movie, but hardly a deeper one. And anyone who hasn't experienced immersing themselves into the 700+ pages of fine print that were the first novel doesn't know the heck what I'm talking about. If you can read, the movie is created right in your head like no special effects can, and then some with all the mental stuff we have no technology of transmitting at all... except plain old letters in black and white. I keep hearing that an ever greater number of young people never gets that experience. And then you try to explain it to them like you would try to describe the world to someone who is born blind. Tragic.

Last edited:

Aloisius

Stalker
Society
Natural Born Killers
Jo Aloisius Smith
Wow the 2016 Arrival was one of my favorite movies - had no idea until just now that was because Denis Villeneuve directed it lol. He is top director no doubt.

Naverith

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Acoomba Naverith Rafael
One of the earlier remakes failed because the director was so against guns he took out the Weirding Module weapons. That IS what made the ruling family so powerful in the book.

Orion

Old Alpha
Society
Crimson Devils
Eleria 'Orion' Starwind
This movie was a visual eyeopener, when i saw it in the cinema a couple of weeks ago.

The displayed architecture, the dimensions!
The wideness, the height, the scales!

True eyecandy!

I can't wait to see Part 2!

The_Doctor

Alpha
The Doctor
One of the earlier remakes failed because the director was so against guns he took out the Weirding Module weapons. That IS what made the ruling family so powerful in the book.
lol, no they are not even in the books.
All they speak of is the weirding way, totally different thing then what David Lynch imagined.