Enhancements to Entropia Forum

Lighterthief said:
hehe i think ur onto something there

can we have a corporate looking skin for the forum for all the peeps sneaking thier way onto ef at work :D

We need a Boss Mode :D

711 said:
I have some ideas already in mind, but I thought it would be a great help to hear YOUR ideas on what features you would like to see added, to make your time spent here more enjoyable and productive, and increase communication in the community.

my first idea would be to hear yours. I'm much more interested in what your plans are. unless they're secret, of course.

More could be done with the private group forums.

I think the Natural Born Killers is the only actual private group on the EF and since one of our societies is for brand new players it has drawn a lot of them to the EF and gets them to register instead of just looking around unregistered.

I would like to see more private groups here in the EF.

Epictetus said:
Can we get rid of that cheesy chick in the top banner?

Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of hot chicks but it doesn't look right when a coworker walks by my desk and sees some hussy with a gun. :)

1. was going to write the same thing.....no cheesy chicks at work with guns pls.....

I work in a correctional facility, dont want to give people the wrong idea... :laugh:

2. Forum skin options, after a year of looking at the same color scheme, i want to be able to change it...

Didn't read the thread but.. change the colors! :eek:

If the report is true (and I don't know whether it is, but neither was it denied).

I would like to see the following improvment to EF:

That it does not delete posts that refer to other EU related sites for fear of competition....as I said in a locked thread.... we want a community...not a kingdom.

Cani Ostro said:
I want a customizable "New Posts" function.

This would complement my style of reading this forum most. I have to aggree to most of what Rex mentioned, when you been not reading the forum for two days or so, you have a really tough time sorting things out.

Make "New Posts" customizable in a way that I can choose the forums I want to be shown.

Simple checkbuttons should do, whether you want the new posts since your last visit to be seen or not. Default should be "All" <- make that a single check button, so you don't have to click em all when you want to go back to full "New Posts".

If thats already in somehow, please slap me and point me to it :)

I second that!

Also the option to see like "all posts last 24 hours" so that I don't loose "the list" if I log in and out and then back in soon after (ie if I take a quick check before going home from the uni or work I wont be able to see the extensive list of posts when I log back in when I get home.)

Akoz, if you use an RSS reader like RSSReader 1.0, you will have this function....fyi

Akoz said:
Also the option to see like "all posts last 24 hours" so that I don't loose "the list" if I log in and out and then back in soon after (ie if I take a quick check before going home from the uni or work I wont be able to see the extensive list of posts when I log back in when I get home.)

I can answer that one now, that option is already there, requested in the early stages of EF, use the "Quick Links" dropdown menu in the top navbar, there is a "New Post within 24h" option. ;)

*googles for RSSReader 1.0*

Hmm.. ok. I would still like to be able to do it without any 3rd party software though :p

MindBuster said:
I can answer that one now, that option is already there, requested in the early stages of EF, use the "Quick Links" dropdown menu in the top navbar, there is a "New Post within 24h" option. ;)

*oups*

Thanks! :)

Needs the suggested improvements by Cani Ostro though :p

some of what i seen and I like :)

Boss mode ;)
Private groups for Soc's
Color changes (custome to user?)
Way to rep for the gallery

And like others have said, were very interested to hear YOUR ideas :) ur the boos in the end now ;)

id like to see the new post section refined slighlty for instance a recently someone decided to just post a gratz message randomly to like 20 people push all ohter posts out why not make it so certain thread show up less oftern or custom filters mabby

I also like the groups idea enoguh said

as for graphical updates fine enough idea but sure time could be used on something more productive

Mabby something like the suggested events system could be made to match piolts and travels there is a thread suiggesting how this could work in game i think this would be a great feature to add and would realy draw people in.

Akoz said:
*oups*

Thanks! :)

OT:
This is a perfect example of how even the biggest/best Calypsians (like Akoz) are willing to learn new things, no matter how much we think they know. (How do you think they got so uber? Always learning.) Keeps us n00bs and mids from getting "full cup" syndrome.

Haven't read a single post in this thread, but here's my opinion on a forum enhancement :

Stop locking threads.

I really like the EU specific smilies like this one :revive: and this one created by Jor :bull: I would like to see more in the future and I am totally with all the people who have posted about group sections :)

How about some WAP / WAP2 support for PDA users? :)

If its all ready here and I missed it, someone point me in the right direction and :trout:

RexDameon said:
I find much of the post here to be uninformative lately and it seems to hard to sift through the tons of post to find the real info.

I agree with Rex. There about 1000 posts a day about 1 or 2 have any useful information. I usually skim the titles and if it looks halfway interesting I get it a read.

More focused conversations perhaps under more specific categories. Everything else moved to the 'worthless' section.

btw. +rep rex

Lots of great ideas here, which will help me when shopping for new add-ins upgrades and modules for EF.

More please :D

a search by geographic region might be nice...though it may not be worth the effort. It would be fun to get a list of those that live nearby....this would probably be even more useful for European players.

Ooh ooh ooh,

For the Private Soc areas how about the ability to change the header banner.jpg?

An extention of the different skins thing. I have done this in a VBulletin I look after, different headers for different sections of the Forum. I have no idea if there is mod enabling Private section admins (whatever) the ability to upload this, but it would be cool to be able to upload your soc graphic to you soc area :)

711 said:
Lots of great ideas here, which will help me when shopping for new add-ins upgrades and modules for EF.

More please :D
Shopping ????... Ehh.. no matter then.. then you cant provide any "Eu-specific" features such as a trading section.. or a soc-list that isent just a txt field in a database....

... bwaaah.. we want a forum that can do "Eu-stuff" not just some store bought generic features....

Starfinder said:
Shopping ????... Ehh.. no matter then.. then you cant provide any "Eu-specific" features such as a trading section.. or a soc-list that isent just a txt field in a database....

... bwaaah.. we want a forum that can do "Eu-stuff" not just some store bought generic features....

Many of the modules can be modified to customized uses, so feel free to brainstorm all sort of EU-specific ideas. :)

Soc News

How about a message board for each Soc, activated by your log-in, to get news your soc needs you to hear. A notice could flash up that you have Soc News to read, only your soc would get it..... could be a lot of help to smaller socs with no website of their own. Of course, EFD could pay for it....

Oh, and a more Entropia-related (and working) arcade? How about Space Invaders with igni/diripi/pupugi? (All sorts of big mobs as the mothership lol...my vote is a waddling Itumatrox) THAT would vent some fury....

We could get rid of this, at least for premium members… it’s very irritating.

"Sorry! The administrator has specified that you can only do one search every 25 seconds."

Every day I log on and do a search for "NBK", "Natural Born Killers", and "HardWrath" to see if there are any threads that I need to address. When I have time there are several people or things that I do a search for as well.

i see people listing items here to sell all the time, i like the idea of having a section strictly for people that have things for sale and people looking to buy certain items. Kind of a big store. I dont mean auctions, but set price items for sale. easy advertisement for those once again looking to sell as well as looking to buy

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

(I think that says it all.)

Konve said:
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Agreed!

Konve said:

Yup, in my opinion, that beats any annoying thing on this forum. Even when Knuckles was aaround. Please, get rid of it! :laugh:

(The fact people don't search comes pretty close too, but that's another topic.)

Actually, I say another topic, but maybe you could increase the size of the seacrh font, and make it big bold red & centered...

711 said:
Many of the modules can be modified to customized uses, so feel free to brainstorm all sort of EU-specific ideas. :)

I ask this then.. _Will_ Any of this be possible... it WILL requiere special coding.. not just changing a colorscheme in one plugin to another color.. or change titles from "generic" types to "EU types".. This will requiere you to make something to the database.. create your own php pages.. and so on..

Quote:my self:-----
how about an actual event system... instead of just using posts to give notice of an event.. create a complete event system.. where you can search for which prices.. types of events.. locations.. times... and so on.. and then link it in with the forum..

Prehaps also a bit more group orientated .. in the sence that once you join a soc.. you automatically enter that group.. so you can quickly see if anyone from your "group" (soc) has written any new posts... (I know thats basically the same as the buddy list - but i dont wanna manually add everyone from my soc to my buddy list - there should be an option to be automatically entered into this buddy-list/group)...

Same goes for the trading section.. why not make it as an actual trade section.. dont use a forum for something it isent intended to.. its fine that we "speak" in the trading section.. but i want to be able to search for an item quickly.. as it is now.. if i type "EP-40" in the search.. i bet ya i will find 10.000 posts about EP-40's that hasent got anything with selling an EP-40 to do...

A quick tweak could also be to have the current server status on the site somewhere.. just so you in the case of a VU can check when its online again...

And ohh.. yeah.. get the page to work with AJAX... I dont want to "refresh" the page to check if i have gotten any new PM's.. the system should update that seemless...

----------------

Will that be possible.. or should it be more "genetic" features which there has already been build plugins for?

Back