Entropia Holdings - Official Thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If ur making $10k-40k a month why would u need other peoples money? Something doesn't add up here. As a business man surely u would b quick to realise potential and go it alone. For that reason sorry but Im out

GL anyways and a free bump

The best and most common way to make money is... inheritance.

The next best way is to use other people's money. :wise:

MMABigshow,

Another way to go about tackling this senario is forward investment into one LA, of which then you can have the community buy into.

From this point, dividends to start with go into kitty for further investments along with being able to attract more investors into your fund concept greater than the value of the initial investment.

You do not have to go too far here on EF to find those willing to help you with staging events and to help in managing the LA itself with Fertiliser and what-not.

Just something to consider, if such an initial investment outlay is not plausable for you at this time, that is understandable (~ 35k USD in most mid sized LAs in a respectable location)

Take Care,
Sparkz

Start to get on the dramatic side of things here Badger,

Yes there are some whacko's in this world, but generally you will find most people here on EF are nice enough people.

Jason has a concept to put forward to the community at large,
I think running fight events he knows the sort of whacko people that can be found out there and already having a a successfully operating fights event business, I highly doubt at this point he is one of your every day scammers :D

With that being said, please allow him to demonstrate what he has to offer rather than critics and other putting things are the completely whacko end of the scale the whole time :rolleyes:

~ Sparkz

I'm behind him, I've already PM'd him about investing etc. Just want him to be aware of what can happen however 'whaco' it is.

If ur making $10k-40k a month why would u need other peoples money? Something doesn't add up here. As a business man surely u would b quick to realise potential and go it alone. For that reason sorry but Im out

GL anyways and a free bump

Smart business is to never put one's own income at risk, that would be the same as anyone putting their own income on the line. Not good business sense.

Wise investing uses $ of many people so investment of each is small, but the amounts combined can be great. It's called leverage.

@ mmabigshow,

something to think about to show that this is serious and can be more reliable than the other funds out there.

Problem with the way the current funds are if the owner of the avatar decides to take the $ and run, there is nothing anyone legally can do about it.

I've thought it would be great for someone to set a fund up and set up a LLC and have the LLC own the avatar.

When anyone decides to buy into the fund, they then could be purchasing a legal share of the LLC.

This protects the investors as well as the fund manager. And, it provides legitamacy to the fund unlike that of the other funds.

I'd be interested in the fund. The fund that was run by Avalon actually did quite good in the short time that it ran. I had a better return on the virtual shares than I have wirh IRL investments.

I would just like to see more safegaurds in place since although it's PEDs, those PEDs are still worth real money.

I would certainly buy into part of a LLC fund. Check Nevada, they have good rates on setting up a LLC.

@ mmabigshow,

something to think about to show that this is serious and can be more reliable than the other funds out there.

Problem with the way the current funds are if the owner of the avatar decides to take the $ and run, there is nothing anyone legally can do about it.

I've thought it would be great for someone to set a fund up and set up a LLC and have the LLC own the avatar.

When anyone decides to buy into the fund, they then could be purchasing a legal share of the LLC.

This protects the investors as well as the fund manager. And, it provides legitamacy to the fund unlike that of the other funds.

I'd be interested in the fund. The fund that was run by Avalon actually did quite good in the short time that it ran. I had a better return on the virtual shares than I have wirh IRL investments.

I would just like to see more safegaurds in place since although it's PEDs, those PEDs are still worth real money.

I would certainly buy into part of a LLC fund. Check Nevada, they have good rates on setting up a LLC.

Fantastic idea.

Also consult with Marco/Frank @ MindArk when considering the processes involved for doing this. Both can be PMd on this board.

+rep

~ Sparkz

Fantastic idea.

Also consult with Marco/Frank @ MindArk when considering the processes involved for doing this. Both can be PMd on this board.

+rep

~ Sparkz

Agreed, I think it would inspire a lot more confidence in the legitimacy of the venture if people knew they were buying shares in a real LLC rather than just handing over PEDS to a guy.

+ rep for the idea

I'd be interested to hear more about this fund, please count me in on sending out details.

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to have a chat, I may have some other ideas to help you get started. I have looked seriously at setting up something like this as an RL company but simply have too many RL business commitments atm. To make this really work I'd suggest thinking a bit bigger than just buying some ingame assets.

i think each new idea is always a good idea!
of course man u must really found a method to prove that you will not scam anybodies..... i mean a legal one!

to reply to some comments in this thread..... i think it s really easy make money in EU, some people did. what they have in common? just one thing: a huge wallet . You wanna make money in EU? invest a lot of money. There is no sweat, global, hof aht etcetc way. So man if you wanna start this business be sure that u have sufficient partners to invest a huge amount of ped in game... or just avoid it.

i think each new idea is always a good idea!

New Idea? Hardly, seen it before dozens of times and only seen one which actually worked.

Still many unknowns for mr mmabigshow to handle, here's some questions potential investors would like answers to:

Being new to Entropia is a major disadvantage - Entropia has its own quirks from a business perspective and those cannot be easily taught.

You plan to make up for this by having a "group voice" from the investors.
However if you have browsed any one of the numerous "request for suggestion" threads from land owners, you will see that all you are going to do is wind up with dozens (if not hundreds) of options and opinions, and you still have to be able to identify which ones are actually good.

There is nothing in there about return on investment.
Why should I put money into the fund, what am I going to get out of it?
What makes an investment in Entropia superior to an investment in the real world?
There's a LOT more risk in Entropia, esp. with these fund arragements, the returns need to match.

There is little in there about how the investment would actually work.
Buying land areas and future stuff is wonderful, except LA prices have been mostly flat for months, LA income is typically negligible, and the most recent "new stuff" - the malls and banks - are hardly roaring success stories.

You also have whole new planets on the horizon, and a whole new aspect of the game (space) coming along.
These are going to be highly disruptive, how do you plan on navigating those without a detailed knowledge of Entropia?

You seem to be generating a fairly nice income stream in the real world, why don't you save for a few months and take the plunge with your own money to start with?

The Entropian community will be more than happy to bombard you with ideas even if they aren't investing, and if you believe strongly in your ability then you should have no qualms about putting your own money on the line - just like I did, just like Neverdie did, just like many other land owners, mall owners, and bank owners did.

Bye,
Deathifier

I'd suggest that you bring your urge to learn and drive to develop and join the EIFund instead.

http://www.eifund.net/T3/

Funny you would post that in an entirely unrelated thread considering I've already addressed that fund in my first post...

As for filing for an LLC, I've thought about it, however, to properly issues shares of common stock I'm pretty sure I need to file an S Corp which is a much more complicated arrangement.

Considering I have 3 LLC's already I'm not sure I want another one to deal with. I'll have to look into it more and figure out the best approach.

I think Deathifier sumed up my opinion.

You clearly make money, save up for a few months while you "learn" how entropia works. Then you'll have the money and the knowledge to invest for yourself.

PS: Good luck in whatever you end up doing.

New Idea? Hardly, seen it before dozens of times and only seen one which actually worked.

Still many unknowns for mr mmabigshow to handle, here's some questions potential investors would like answers to:

Being new to Entropia is a major disadvantage - Entropia has its own quirks from a business perspective and those cannot be easily taught.

You plan to make up for this by having a "group voice" from the investors.
However if you have browsed any one of the numerous "request for suggestion" threads from land owners, you will see that all you are going to do is wind up with dozens (if not hundreds) of options and opinions, and you still have to be able to identify which ones are actually good.

There is nothing in there about return on investment.
Why should I put money into the fund, what am I going to get out of it?
What makes an investment in Entropia superior to an investment in the real world?
There's a LOT more risk in Entropia, esp. with these fund arragements, the returns need to match.

There is little in there about how the investment would actually work.
Buying land areas and future stuff is wonderful, except LA prices have been mostly flat for months, LA income is typically negligible, and the most recent "new stuff" - the malls and banks - are hardly roaring success stories.

You also have whole new planets on the horizon, and a whole new aspect of the game (space) coming along.
These are going to be highly disruptive, how do you plan on navigating those without a detailed knowledge of Entropia?

You seem to be generating a fairly nice income stream in the real world, why don't you save for a few months and take the plunge with your own money to start with?

The Entropian community will be more than happy to bombard you with ideas even if they aren't investing, and if you believe strongly in your ability then you should have no qualms about putting your own money on the line - just like I did, just like Neverdie did, just like many other land owners, mall owners, and bank owners did.

Bye,
Deathifier

You know Deathifier, not everybody ALONE can invest-100k-400K$ in EU or in RL............
Probably i will not invest in this activity (cause i don t care) ( or in similar ones) of our new friend, but i don t see nothing wrong to try to invest in the game putting all together PED. If i m not wrong someone made big investments in EU when everybody was say '' u are crazy man'' and now those investors are rich. But maybe the point is that someone consider the EU competition like something to do between people with huge wallets only. All the others not rich people must just shut up and stay in their own corner.

entropiaholdings.jpg

Greetings,
I am still very new to the Universe that is Entropia and have been absorbing a great deal of information from these forums.

I am a 30 year old family man and an MMA Fight Promoter from Ohio. I promote events all over hosting UFC veterans matched against my Champions, various size venues from small halls to full scale arenas.

I am an avid MMORPG player with emphasis on crafting and profit generation because thats exciting to me. I typically end up one of the wealthiest players on any given server by establishing strong relationships/customers and dealing with other crafters. In studying the EU I've realized this is a place where generating cash is only truly possible by utilizing strong angles and community involvement. When I say "True Profit" I mean, more than a couple PED an hour sweating mobs etc.

So, my goals at this point are to put together a community based real estate fund. As it stands now, only a small hand full of individuals are financially capable of purchasing the large land areas, banks and the like with either licenses already gone or they are just simply out of economic reach for most. The pioneers of yesterday reaped great benefits by buying in when specific opportunities were available. With the coming upgrade to the Universe and other added features will come more opportunity that only the currently well established will be able to profit from. Why not the rest of us?

If a group of interested parties work together contributing to a "pot of Ped" so to speak, then when the time comes we will be able to effectively compete for growth opportunities as they present themselves.

So, I would like to find out what thoughts the general public have on this venture and gauge interest.

Here are some Q&A to start with:

Q: Who would maintain and control this development fund and how can we trust you?
A: I would of course, though since this is pertaining to real life money the appropriate protection measures would be taken to legally protect the members of the fund.

Q: Are you who you say you are?
A: Yes, and I've actually hosted the logo for Entropia Holdings on the MMA Big Show web server to demonstrate I'm not portraying to be someone else.

Q: What would the fund invest in?
A: Land Areas and future development of newly released content within the EU Universe.

Q: Would their be a voting committee to oversee new purchases and development?
A: Yes, there would be a board of directors much like any other corporation comprised of investors who have been voted into position by other investors. This group would vote regularly on the newest ventures of the fund, purchases and the like.

Q: Would dividends be paid out and if so how often?
A: Yes, but not at first. Dividends wouldn't be paid out on a monthly basis or anything as that would slow the overall establishment process of the fund. Immediate profits would be used to purchase new property to further profitability for the future. However, if a property is flipped so to speak, then those profits could be then distributed as dividends depending on the situation.

Q: Are you aware of the Entropia Fund?
A: Yes, I am. However, their website doesn't function and there is currently no real information on their site.

Q: Would this fund have a website of it's own?
A: Yes, the fund would have a site of its own, ran and updated by me on a very regular basis. Our site would contain earnings reports, new purchases, new investors and their bios etc. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/services/www.EntropiaHoldings.com coming soon.

Q: How much or how little could I buy in for?
A: This is meant to be a long term venture and therefore to minimize confusion our minimum investment is 1,000 PED. There is also a maximum investment of 50,000 PED to ensure that any one LA isn't dominantly owned by any one investor.

Q: Is this an elaborate scam of some sort?
A: It would do me no good to attempt to openly scam a large group of people out of money. This is the internet and my information will be made public upon fund inception. There is no telling who a scam like this would tick off nor the legal repercussions of such. Simply stated, no. Not in the least. I am a family man that does fairly well for himself already and I wish to keep me and my family safe. I try not to piss too many people off as it is if I can help it.

Q: How does Entropia Holdings operate?
A: By bringing together a collective number of investors we establish a large pool of available resources enabling the group to make large purchases of profitable Land Areas whereby we are able to generate daily profits. These profits then go into furthering our pool of resources enabling us to make more purchases and so on. Ultimately, the end goal for any given property is to develop the area into a vastly profitable area which we are then able to sell off to a larger group or investor for high profit margins than are then dispersed amongst the original investors of the property.

Q: How much could I make?
A: Let’s say a Land Area costs 50,000 PED (For sake of simplicity) and another 50,000 PED for DNA to develop the land into a profitable hunting area. That’s a total of 100,000 PED recquired.

Now lets say we have 100 Investors investing 1,000 PED each to the venture.

We purchase the LA, develop it and then market the area with an exciting series of events to attract attention to it. Each investor will then earn 1% of the profits of the LA each month.

If after spending 100,000 PED and marketing the LA into a profitable LA, we can then sell it for cost, plus LA value increases plus the project profitability over roughly a 6 month period.

Our best efforts will come in pooling our resources, purchasing and developing profitable LA’s and holding them for 6 months at a time at least while pushing our profits into the purchase of other LA’s and doing the same thing until our Fund holds 3 or 4 LA’s all of which generating a monthly profit. Once we have achieved a point of comfortable profitability for all, we can then begin issuing dividend payments on a monthly basis to all investors. This would be voted on by the elected board of directors.

In essence, the profits you see won’t come immediately as it will take time to develop each property, however, in time, our profits will increase to the point where we are free to choose to do whatever we’d like. In summary, the profit potential is endless, just don’t expect it over night.

Q: What if I invest 1,000 PED into one LA and begin making a profit, can I roll my profits into the next LA?
A: Yes, once we have established a flourishing Land Area and are generating an accumulating profit from it, those profits will be divided amongst the investors of that LA which can then be rolled over into the next LA project. This is kind of the whole idea.

Q: What if I want to sell my shares to another player?
A: It’s possible on a case by case basis. Meaning, we aren’t forming a stock market, yet, and therefore the time and effort it would take managing the constant changes of shareholders would be mind numbing. So, in the near future the answer is no, however, in the future once things are established, yes. Everyone will be informed when the time has come to allow such activities.

Further questions and answers will be added to this initial posting as they are answered.

:yay:

Last edited:
Hi mmabigshow,

I am interested in your project.
Can you please add me to the list of your possible investors?

A question:
I invest an amount of Peds at first.
Can I later invest more if I see that the project is successul?
(Bad english, sorry...)

Good luck and looking forward to news and updates. :wtg:

Asha

Sorry - this may sound harsh - but I wouldn't invest anything into someone who's been a member of EF for a whopping 7 whole days.

Things like the R & R investment fund scam tend to make me not ever want to invest any of my money into anyone else's 'investment funds.'

Best of luck - but don't hold your breath waiting for investors.

Sorry - this may sound harsh - but I wouldn't invest anything into someone who's been a member of EF for a whopping 7 whole days.

Things like the R & R investment fund scam tend to make me not ever want to invest any of my money into anyone else's 'investment funds.'

Best of luck - but don't hold your breath waiting for investors.

Wow! I must have been lying under a rock during the R&R fund debacle! Thanks for pointing out. Totally missed it. Sad you lost your friend due to it. I'm browsing that thread now... :(

Danielle,
mma has already answered to a few questions of the community in his previous thread. Link: EBDF: Entropia Business Development Fund
Yes his new, but he seems to be smart and creative.
This project sounds a lot better to me than EIFund.

Danielle,
mma has already answered to a few questions of the community in his previous thread. Link: EBDF: Entropia Business Development Fund
Yes his new, but he seems to be smart and creative.
This project sounds a lot better to me than EIFund.

Danielle is right, it is necessary to inform everyone that these "funds" can be a very bad deal if it is not well run by well old known players like the EIfund is.
I want to insist on the fact that EU is a game at first, a virtual universe with a real cash economy too,but personnaly i don't like people who want to make money on the community of player by having never participated directly to the economy.

Correction, I'm quite sure I've already deposited more into the EU community than most players. Length of time played means only more general experience and although I may not know the specifics of every skill in the game nor every item or mob in the EU, what I do know is how to learn and business practices.

To assume I need to know how to wire electric through a house in order to build one with help is to assume the White House was built by one man alone.

In this case, every individual will have a voice and will be utilized to combine the experiences of everyone with their strengths used to progress as a whole.

The President doesn't run a country without his/her advisers and to try without them would lead the country downhill, a prime example is whats been happening to the US.

I'm very well aware that there will always be naysayers and skeptics, but I didn't accomplish what I have thus far in life by paying too much attention to them. They always seem to find a way to play arm chair quarterback but never go anywhere themselves.

I practice what I preach and follow through until complete and this is no different. Are other funds more beneficial? Who knows. Diversify your funds into all of them and then roll your funds into the most profitable one down the road.

I'm currently working on a more specific plan of action that I will release soon. I have an email into Mindark I'm waiting on a response on first.

I'm very well aware that there will always be naysayers and skeptics, but I didn't accomplish what I have thus far in life by paying too much attention to them.

Hehe nice comment!

Will be keeping an eye on this looks very interesting

Snake Oil, Snake Oil - Get you lovely Snake Oil

lol

A new thread , a new fund name, the same old " trust me " blah blah blah

Wow! I must have been lying under a rock during the R&R fund debacle! Thanks for pointing out. Totally missed it. Sad you lost your friend due to it. I'm browsing that thread now... :(

Your not the only one who missed it! Thanks for pointing this out! Even more reason to keep my PEDs to myself!

I merged your two threads as the initial post in both were identical, feel free to PM me or a moderator if you would like the thread title changed to something else.

Ah now I understand why I was getting that funky message ;)

Lavawalker, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Cheers Mindbuster,
Thanks for the update.

~ Sparkz

Funny you would post that in an entirely unrelated thread considering I've already addressed that fund in my first post...

Unrelated?
Your comment about EIFund hardly do it justice.. Now when I see you disregard an already running and successful fund that easily I think you are just after other peoples money, and not willing to risk your own in a similar fashion.

Unrelated?
Your comment about EIFund hardly do it justice.. Now when I see you disregard an already running and successful fund that easily I think you are just after other peoples money, and not willing to risk your own in a similar fashion.

Not that I believe that much in this fund service, but I don't think you make much sense here. I don't think any businesses talk sweetly about their competitors, that just isn't good advertisement. In the end this thread is about mmabigshow's fund, not his competition!

Hi Jason,

Please add me to the list for a PM out when you come to inception and acquiring funds.

Please place me down for a tentative initial investment of 1000 PED with intention to further this based on successful roadmap achievements.

Requesting you also obtain the official green light on planned project from MA into your venture for legitamacy reasons.

Got to be in it to win it as the saying goes folks.
Everything in EU has a risk attached to it. ;)

Cheers,
Lavawalker.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back