Entropia Universe 12.9 Release Notes

Not sure about this update :scratch2:

Tons of lag in Port Calypso and the oil rig PVP zone close to Camp Icarus is gone.
Did exit my VTOL and VTOL disappeared, its not even in planet storage.
I tried to spawn another vehicle in front of me and the message was:

You cannot spawn the vehicle that far from you

I spawned it on my head and the message was the same.

When I walk into a building nothing spawn there, not even terminals.

I logged in and out but no change. So I remain logged out for today.

Not sure yet what else is missing :dunce:

Last edited:
Is this the AMD FX (Bulldozer) Fix?

"Fixed an issue causing new AMD CPUs to crash client."

Good job. :)

Now this intrigues me, and this means maybe at least one of my disciples can get back into game

Cause if this is what I think it is (And lt's hope this is..)

Is this the FX Bulldozer chipset fix they finally got to some 9 months after it was discovered?

if it is,Then good job, and maybe my girlfriend will enjoy the game more in a couple of weeks

If not, then Can I club the client loader with a n 77200 Ped Twinkie?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

AMD fix - :yay:

Okay.. Now you're scaring me..

Benjamin Ben Coyote
a.k.a. The Blind Sniper:cool:

They forgot to mention the changed loot tables....no more Output Amp Components on small Aurli so far; and according to Emi O., there are no-looters among them :eyecrazy:

holeh shiieeet watching all the comments there seems to be more new "bugs" or "nerfs" than what was actually fixed

looks like my depo plans will be 'delayed' even more :yup:

“The Thing” server on ROCKtropia is now closed, see ROCKtropia website for more details.
Originally Posted Here

So far I haven't been able to find any information regarding the shudown - Latest news I see is about a 5000 ped pop dragon event that seemed to be posted two weeks ago.

Or anyone who has a link (since it doesn't seem MA has any...)

Max Health now displays the decimal again e.g. 100.5 health.(Receiving 100 points of damage will not kill the player

and the scanner...

+rep!!!!! w00t

But what will happend if i get a hit at 100.3 or is it like after the HP nerfs that i dont have any use of my HP between the decimals.:scratch2:

They never were stackable?

he may have been referring to the trophy heads you get from punys (Cauds & Berys). They are stackable (in lots of 10 & 20), however after the update it doesn't look like it stacks them for you in your inventory - you actually need to stack them yourself. Its not a major issue, just a pain in the arse. ofc he might not be...in which case i'd like to raise this issue :eyecrazy:.

Only problem I am encountering since the release is animal skulls that I loot are not stacking.

Blitz

I don't remember them ever being able to stack as all the ones I've looted had a variable TT value.

Nice to see MA listened to the complaints about the HP change.

Why do they say Max Health?

Surely it should say Current Health?

Is it fixed or not?

So far I haven't been able to find any information regarding the shudown - Latest news I see is about a 5000 ped pop dragon event that seemed to be posted two weeks ago.

Or anyone who has a link (since it doesn't seem MA has any...)

It's was there before the VU,I have ask a few day before, that what they sent me:

On 2012-11-12 14:42:43 SUPPORT replied:
Hi Artemisia,

Thank you for contacting us. The Entire Antarctic Region has been Quarantined. You can read more about this at http://www.rocktropia.com/forum/content/88-thing-neverdie-rocktropia.html

Kind regards,
Chris | ROCKtropia Support

he may have been referring to the trophy heads you get from punys (Cauds & Berys). They are stackable (in lots of 10 & 20), however after the update it doesn't look like it stacks them for you in your inventory - you actually need to stack them yourself. Its not a major issue, just a pain in the arse. ofc he might not be...in which case i'd like to raise this issue :eyecrazy:.

Yes I mean the puny skulls. They arent stacking. So 20 minutes of killing and 10 minutes of stacking. kind of a pain.

Blitz

Ok.

> Shinook TP and terminals outside gone
> Emeral lakes mall: empty + see through walls...
> Can't acess storage / operation failed due to internal error / ...

wtf.

just.. wtf...

Over and out,

BB

Ok.

wtf.

just.. wtf...

Over and out,

BB

copy that ! cshshhshshs t ! over !

It's was there before the VU,I have ask a few day before, that what they sent me:

On 2012-11-12 14:42:43 SUPPORT replied:
Hi Artemisia,

Thank you for contacting us. The Entire Antarctic Region has been Quarantined. You can read more about this at

Yes, but that was weeks ago. And, well "Quarantined" could also mean temporarily closed.

I sort of miss arctic a bit, that environment was cool.

Yes I mean the puny skulls. They arent stacking. So 20 minutes of killing and 10 minutes of stacking. kind of a pain.

Rightclick and select "merge all stacks" doesn't work?

edit: Just saw svarog asked the same lol.

Ok.

wtf.

just.. wtf...

Over and out,

BB

That reminds me of vu10 where you could enter a server that was offline and the game client used the locally stored files.

why is this 12.9 since there is no content? should be 12.8.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Ok.

wtf.

just.. wtf...

Over and out,

BB
had a soc mate with this same problem.. told him to log out and go into tools.. use the clear shader cache and log back in.. says it works. :)

Yet another disappointing VU that absolutely fixes nothing for most players just text and pretty color changes.... At least an AMD chip issue got fixed though that was surprising..... To bad I don't have AMD chip in my computer :( or I'd be happy lol

Did exit my VTOL and VTOL disappeared, its not even in planet storage.
I tried to spawn another vehicle in front of me and the message was:

You cannot spawn the vehicle that far from you

I spawned it on my head and the message was the same.

When I walk into a building nothing spawn there, not even terminals.

These same things happened to me, except I tried to respawn my VTOL after it disappeared and got an error message. Also, I spawned underground a few times and had to press "T".

Im I the only one having problems installing this update?
it started downloading then just hangs update client. Tried rebooting, it hangs client again. Tried uninstalling the entire EU and launched setup from fresh, still just hangs after a few MB of downloading...
I tried it on my laptop also and same shit there.
When I open settings and look at repairtab it says repair is currently disabled, Im guessing its like that during download.
It kinda sux :/
Any idea what to try is appreciated

Cheers
/Joe

Im I the only one having problems installing this update?
it started downloading then just hangs update client. Tried rebooting, it hangs client again. Tried uninstalling the entire EU and launched setup from fresh, still just hangs after a few MB of downloading...

Any idea what to try is appreciated

You could try rebooting computer (to get rid of "zombie" entropia processes), and then rightclick the icon and "run as administrator". (You could also do shift-ctrl-esc and kill processes in process manager.)

Secondly, maybe problem with the broadband somehow. Maybe router/modem needs a reboot, or if you're using mobile broadband the monthly quota has been overrun. Though, this update is relatively small for being a VU, I got the feeling it was client loader+40 mb of data.

Personally, before uninstallning client I would make a backup copy of teh .pak files so I wouldn't need to download them again - it's pretty long time to download it all again. If I'm warned in advance I try yo make a backup of those files.

Back