Entropia Universe 14.3 Release Notes

update - cannot get the previous mentioned older pc to login - just goes back to client loader screen

C'mon people...this isn't about taking existing hardware and software and adding shiny new things. (something like repainting your house)

This IS tearing out the foundation of the house so the rest can be rebuilt in 2013 style.

This is a major move...looking to the future. Heck, I would even understand if they took the game down for a week. But they didn't and so we are able to play and help them identify what is still wrong, and as far as I am concerned, lets help.

Yelling at them doesn't help. Being constructive does. I feel that in this game, more than any other out there, that we are all actually part of it...growing it with them, and if that's what it takes for this game to exist, then that is what we need to do.

When I encounter a bug, I look to see if others are reporting it in the threads, and if not I will report it there and send a short support case. It is the only sensible thing to do.

PREACH IT ! I'll listen to that all day long. anybody stopped to wonder just how much sleep Kim at Caly and the MA dev team have gotten the past three or four days?

toughen up guys....

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Are you a company rep? Paying customers - and we pay a great deal - are entitled to complain, especially for this level of screw up. Get off your sanctimonious high horse.

The issues are so great this VU as to positively indicate a significant level of incompetence in its planning and execution. Better to have delayed it and got more of it right - particularly the issues that prevent play at all.

We all know about patches, we've seen updates before. It will be surprising if mini-patches, rather than major revisions (or even rollbacks), can get the job done.

I think it should be rolled back, and fixed. It is clearly undercooked, and very clearly bundles together too much for MAs development systems (read: incompetent management) to cope with.

Rollback would mean admitting a screw up, which this VU certainly is, so it will never happen. Customers are insufficiently important.

Are you a company rep? Paying customers - and we pay a great deal - are entitled to complain, especially for this level of screw up. Get off your sanctimonious high horse.

The issues are so great this VU as to positively indicate a significant level of incompetence in its planning and execution. Better to have delayed it and got more of it right - particularly the issues that prevent play at all.

We all know about patches, we've seen updates before. It will be surprising if mini-patches, rather than major revisions (or even rollbacks), can get the job done.

I think it should be rolled back, and fixed. It is clearly undercooked, and very clearly bundles together too much for MAs development systems (read: incompetent management) to cope with.

Rollback would mean admitting a screw up, which this VU certainly is, so it will never happen. Customers are insufficiently important.

You know where the door is....use it and be blessed

PREACH IT ! I'll listen to that all day long. anybody stopped to wonder just how much sleep Kim at Caly and the MA dev team have gotten the past three or four days?

toughen up guys....

It is not about not supporting and helping to improve. When a great many players effectively cannot play at all, the VU falls well short of what we are entitled to expect.

Kim and Caly and all your other mates are well paid. They are losing about as much sleep as anyone else loses when a project is being delivered.

You toughen up. You are the softy who thinks what has happened here is acceptable.

It is not about not supporting and helping to improve. When a great many players effectively cannot play at all, the VU falls well short of what we are entitled to expect.

Kim and Caly and all your other mates are well paid. They are losing about as much sleep as anyone else loses when a project is being delivered.

You toughen up. You are the softy who thinks what has happened here is acceptable.

I dont think so...but hey....if you expect a change of this magnitude...AND potential benefit to go off without a hitch....I feel sorry for you

you live in a fantasy world....and will get constant disappointment while the rest of us improvise, adapt, overcome and thrive

btw....Kim and MA....kudos on the unsticky revives....you guys hit a home run with that one....good on ya!

storms comments gave me a cancer.. i think ill stop trying to get the game work.. probly try again in a week or 2

I dont think so...but hey....if you expect a change of this magnitude...AND potential benefit to go off without a hitch....I feel sorry for you

you live in a fantasy world....and will get constant disappointment while the rest of us improvise, adapt, overcome and thrive

A little less irrelevant patronisation, a little more rationality.

No one thinks it can go without a hitch. It is clear I don't expect that, so save your 'sorrow'.

Also save your little personal development homily.

A large number of players CANNOT PLAY. 'Adapt' to that. But then you don't need to. You can play and the concerns of others are to be dismissed.

The idea that this could have passed real testing is rich indeed.

A little less irrelevant patronisation, a little more rationality.

No one thinks it can go without a hitch. It is clear I don't expect that, so save your 'sorrow'.

Also save your little personal development homily.

A large number of players CANNOT PLAY. 'Adapt' to that. But then you don't need to. You can play and the concerns of others are to be dismissed.

The idea that this could have passed real testing is rich indeed.

lol..drive on bro :) enjoy your heart attack :)

I don't suffer from last-word-itis, so I'll make no comment.

And yet you did.. oh the irony. While I agree that this should have not made it out of testing and was premature.. and also agree that they should do shorter sprints.. it is what it is. Make your statement, doing it respectfully, don't go out on 1000PED hunts (or more) on a BIG patch day (read: foolish venture), and go read a book or play real life for a bit.

Too many of us are wound up.. if the fact this game isn't working right now gets your panties in a twist, you might have some priority issues.

Finally after 40 hours I managed to login. but not for long... I keep losing connection to entropia, tho my connection is fine. It takes me 5 minutes to just login to entropia... And can't even use the teleporter. I wonder how long it will take for MA to fix this.

Undocumented feature : Ambulimax mature count now 6 points instead of 7.

I would have liked to experiment the new gambling layer they introduced to skill gain but I can't cause
i got kicked before . Stupid swedish scam :laugh:

Testing testing, 1, 2, 3, Testing Testing, and more Testing.. else you'll have a 'Katrina' on your hands.

And yet you did.. oh the irony. While I agree that this should have not made it out of testing and was premature.. and also agree that they should do shorter sprints.. it is what it is. Make your statement, doing it respectfully, don't go out on 1000PED hunts (or more) on a BIG patch day (read: foolish venture), and go read a book or play real life for a bit.

Too many of us are wound up.. if the fact this game isn't working right now gets your panties in a twist, you might have some priority issues.

Well first off this wasn't premature.. It was stillborn from the moment it got implemented..

I mean this is really a travesty when you think about it. Many players want to play and not sit on the sidelines while a game company works out bugs..and of course for each bug found there are probably 10 or so that are not found.

Now if this was a gmae that was made here in teh states, they wouldn't ahve released this VU until it wa correct and fuctioning .. and of course this would involve a lot of testing.. and time..

Now the interesting thing is (and I have to question it), is that from April (when the last update occurred) until now, (A total of 5 months), MA had a chance to test this.. I mean we're talking 150 days to work out all the kinks and issues with implementing this system. Yet look at what we got for this time.. (and I'm betting that this is really nothing more than maybe 60 days actual time spent o ths project.. the other 90 days wer efor vacations and time off. (After all programmers nee to get away from teh stresses of Programming every day..

(t's also ironic to note that while in Sweden they get a full 90 days off, here i the states we get 14 days of time off for vacations and sick leave. Now considering this, if this was an American made game, then the time off would have left over 4 months of testing and debuggintg to solve..

But the flip side to this is perhaps the number of programmers that were put on this project... and again I'm just guessing here, but at most we're talking maybe 1-2 dozen programs at best to solve a problem that should take 4 months to solve and implement and test correctly..

I mean tis smacks of Hurricane Katrina in 2005. The forecasters gave the People of New Orleans 3 full days
72 hours, to evacuate the city in a calm and orderly manner. Now while some headed the order , some decided to wait it out, and got caught in the storm when it fingally hit.. But what wa most disturbing in that event wa that the city of New Orleans management knew about this storm and did nothing for almost 2 full days before asking people to evacuate, by then the storm was literally ontop of them and there was no way for people to get out safely. and well, you know what happened.. 1500 people died..

But in the case of this game, they had 5 months to plan this out, and to implement it, they had 5 months to test for bugs, and solve the issues in the programming, they had 5 months to get this VU ready and yet it wasn't until the last 30-60 days before this idea was shown to the programmers, in order for them to implement it..

The end result is the piece of bad programming we have.. plus not to mention the crashes to desktop, the lagging that is so bad, taht this game is unfeasible to play..

A word of advice to MA, get test servers, get decent programmers who know how to program, and above allgit irt right before you release a product..

But then wwe all know why game companies release games.. It'sin order for them to make money, pure and simple. They want us players to invest into their game or their idea, so that we as players can have fun doing what we c want..

But when a product like this is cranked out in a rush and is implmented so fast that there isn't time to solve th issues, the end result is the same thing as any disaster .. it happens, and it will be a lasting memory in the minds of people who are playing this game, and to those who want an enjoyable experience..

It's kind of ironic.. The reality is.. if MA had to follow their own rules, they're right now violating their own TOU and EULA. which states that no one should be allowed to interfere with the enjoyment and the experience that is called Entropia Universe.. and by NO one i mean players and game developers..

If you can't produce a decent product, then expect people to go elsewher to spend their money on other things.. but take your time, and don't rush it the next time.. Your programmers had 5 months to solve this issue.. So my question is.. why did you bring a disaster to this game in the first place?

And that's all I have to say about this.

Benjamin Ben Coyote (Callsign "Coyote")
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

Just to put in my 2 cents....

Server stability is crap now. We know that. All I can say is BETA TESTERS... They work for free. That's the big show stopper there, constantly getting booted from server crashes, New Switzerland's seems to be real bad for me.

Other than that, I am dying to hear the explanation why the hit boxes for mobs are now roughly like shooting at a stick-figure midget. Not that I'm losing ammo from constantly not hitting the mob at all even though my crosshair never leaves center mass but it gives it a bit more time to beat up my armor. Seriously MA, stop wasting so much time dreaming of ways to screw us out of pennies and start thinking of ways to keep paying customers from quitting.

This will sound petty, but why 'ornate' context menus?

'Ornate' = not focused upon the purely functional = irrelevant and distracting
==> implication that "MA's mind" is not on the job

Pop-ups should be clean and clear - LESS to visually take in, not more. Ornate context menus demonstrate clearly that someone influential has no idea what is important. Please don't fix things which are not broken, and please don't make changes which detract from what has been achieved thus far. No doubt the eye will adjust. Why should it have to, and why did someone put energy into this when there are actually useful things that could be done? My concern is not really the menus, but what it says about the focus and philosophy.
I agree, I do not like the new context menus. They take longer to pop-up and they are distracting. I like the original style context menus.

Ugg Hunting is absolutely miserable after the patch, I am swearing off hunting until that is fixed, I really don't like getting 10 attacks on me while my avatar bobs back and forth to try to obtain a target and get one attack off. I am suppose to be getting x number of attacks per minute not 1 per minute if lucky because a mob waves around and my avatar can't target them.

Also saddened by the fact my shop no longer loads even 1/2 of the stuff in it for display, makes it impossible to manage not to mention looks like I have hardly anything in the shops for sale now. It is not my computer I know that for sure 2xgtx680 2GB GPU cards and I7 6 core with 16 GB ram should be able to handle it.

And what is with this walking backwards once in while, that is about as annoying as the bobbing while hunting.

I do like the skill progress screen though but whats the point if I never do anything because it is so dang annoying to do. Spose I could go mine and craft.

Ugg Hunting is absolutely miserable after the patch, I am swearing off hunting until that is fixed, I really don't like getting 10 attacks on me while my avatar bobs back and forth to try to obtain a target and get one attack off. I am suppose to be getting x number of attacks per minute not 1 per minute if lucky because a mob waves around and my avatar can't target them.

Also saddened by the fact my shop no longer loads even 1/2 of the stuff in it for display, makes it impossible to manage not to mention looks like I have hardly anything in the shops for sale now. It is not my computer I know that for sure 2xgtx680 2GB GPU cards and I7 6 core with 16 GB ram should be able to handle it.

And what is with this walking backwards once in while, that is about as annoying as the bobbing while hunting.

I do like the skill progress screen though but whats the point if I never do anything because it is so dang annoying to do. Spose I could go mine and craft.
Agreed. Hunting is too bugged for now :( CLD payouts will be lower this period.

I am quite mystified by all the drivel in this thread with regards to this update not being release ready or not being tested fully prior to release.

It doesn't take a genius to understand that now and again, a game update can be implemented successfully on a test server but when implemented on the live server an unforseen critical issue arises.
EU is not unique with these troubles I can assure you, I've seen this happen many a time. Regardless, this kind of issue will impact on revenue so if you believe they will sit on there asses and drag their feet when it comes to patching you must be bonkers.
They will spend time trying to locate the code responsible for the glitches and stability and will then have to write the patch to fix it. I'm pretty sure most companies in this position set themselves a strict 1-3 days max for a fix and from experience, 24hrs is usually too soon. Even for the largest companies....

Bare with it guys and don't do anything risky until the patch comes. :wise:

I am quite mystified by all the drivel in this thread with regards to this update not being release ready or not being tested fully prior to release.

It doesn't take a genius to understand that now and again, a game update can be implemented successfully on a test server but when implemented on the live server an unforseen critical issue arises.
EU is not unique with these troubles I can assure you, I've seen this happen many a time. Regardless, this kind of issue will impact on revenue so if you believe they will sit on there asses and drag their feet when it comes to patching you must be bonkers.
They will spend time trying to locate the code responsible for the glitches and stability and will then have to write the patch to fix it. I'm pretty sure most companies in this position set themselves a strict 1-3 days max for a fix and from experience, 24hrs is usually too soon. Even for the largest companies....

Bare with it guys and don't do anything risky until the patch comes. :wise:
I am baring it all right now (it's starting to turn to fall here in Nevada so burrrr). The thing that is frustrating to most participants is that this happens 9.999/10.000 times there is an update. It seems like more things break than are ever fixed. But that's the way Entropia is and it all gets repaired sooner or later.

Personally I have been in and out of the game since 2010 and this is the first "really fcked up" patch I've endured. The bugs everyone whine about don't really bother me and to be honest, when it comes to the crunch I don't think you are that pissed off at all. Being as you've been playing since at least 2007 and continue to do so lol.

As long as they get the stabillity / Dc and mob regen issues fixed pronto I am sure most will be happy and will continue to blow their wallets in EU. Then we can all go back to whining about the small irrelevant glitches etc :girl:

There's a lot of good things in this VU.
And a lot of bugs. But we've seen much worse in the past. Most of them will get fixed in the next days/weeks.

I just hope my loot will stop sucking so bad very soon.

Joakim, can you advise if MA is looking at why we are all having so many issues with the 32bit/64bit client issues?

Cheers
Bjorn

not funnie, but business as usual.

it will be solved soon.

Its a major change and tbh i think its gone well. relatively few bugs compared with other updates.

well have to be patient, although for a lot of us thats not a strong point:)

Joakim, can you advise if MA is looking at why we are all having so many issues with the 32bit/64bit client issues?

Cheers
Bjorn

They are working very hard to resolve these issues.

90% of all crashes have the same exception address.

No ETA yet, but let's hope for the best :)

Regards

Regards
I think you will make a few friends here! Thank you for your communication! :beerchug:

Regards
Ah I found your bug. :yay:

It's very important that you remove this code entirely, as is causes big problems:
Code:
if (avatar.getName().equals("Vedder")) {
   loot = loot /10;
}

Alternatively, you can replace the '/' with '*'. That should fix it too, and has other great side effects. :cool:

Back