EU World Boxing Championships - Draw, Results and Schedule

how did wildaemons go from 31 - 90 points in just one round anyway? who did that math :p

how did wildaemons go from 31 - 90 points in just one round anyway? who did that math :p

in total, so for all matches that have been played, WildD3amons have won 10 matches, and they won 30 rounds with KO, which gives a 100 points, and they also lost 10 rounds, so -10 points gives 90 points in total :)

I 2nd this. Since this is the first time that a soc championship has been introduced to euwbc there shud be a battle between some members from 1st & 2nd & maybe the 3rd place soc's to make it a little fairer.
But even then those socs still outweight with a soc who only had 4 participants to gain considerable points to be even considered in this end of all boxing battles.
Still a thought....back to Oleg for comments... :).

I welcome any feedback about the society championships. As you say, it's brand new so I'd like to hear any thoughts or ideas about it.

One of the things I will do is look at all the figures at the end of the tournament, and play around with some different scoring systems to see what would have happened with a different system. It seems too unbalanced at the moment for various reasons and I'm sure I'll be tweaking it, at the very least, for next time.

A few more results from tonight:

Flyweight 3rd round
7. Larkin Snipes Smith (Brainstormers) 3-0 Wistrel Wisty Chianti (Entropia Pioneers)

Lightweight 3rd round
6. Vladimir xsample Litvinov (Hyperborean) 0-3 Simon Mcveith Baptista (Utopia)

Lightweight Quarter-final
3. Jack Cappy Walsh (Irken Invaders) 3-1 Simon Mcveith Baptista (Utopia)

Welterweight 2nd round
8. Sebastian HeadshooterGT Matkowski (Made in Germany) 1-3 Dash Fur Crazylegs (Manticore)

It should be based off each weight class being worth it's own points something like below. This will allow for many SOC members at lower levels to compete but not influence the over all balance of the event to much.

Flyweight: 3 points
Lightweight: 4 points
Welterweight: 5 points
Middleweight: 6 points
Heavyweight: 8 points
Super Heavyweight: 10 points

A sweep 3-0 victory = 10 bonus points
A sweep 5-0 victory = 20 bonus points
No bonus awarded for same SOC matches.

Loss of a fight 0 points no gain or loss
A forfeit victory awards no points

Look at the system I propose throw your numbers in their see what it would work out to be. I can offer my time to calculate the SOC portion of the events and post in chart format for everyone. Just provide me a consolidated listing of the event standings and what point system to use. I can update daily no time issues atm.

But with numbers of SOC members entered yes the SOC that comes forward and has a lot of members enter should have a better chance of winning. The system I posted above will help limit the number of lower level players scoring by trimming the amount of points they can earn balancing the event out a bit more. If everyone offers solutions to a problem instead of bashing the issue we all can come up with a format that everyone will be happy with and Oleg can endorse one or parts of several proposals as the event format.

If you still have numbers of SOC members entered as an Issue I would more suggest reevaluate the SOC your with maybe it is the problem? Sorry to all if the WildD3amons SOCs love events and have a good time at them I won't tell any of my members they can't join in fun events.

P.S. Alpha WildD3amons recruiting must be +200k skills and more important just a good natured mature person we are family! (shameless plug):ahh:

in total, so for all matches that have been played, WildD3amons have won 10 matches, and they won 30 rounds with KO, which gives a 100 points, and they also lost 10 rounds, so -10 points gives 90 points in total :)

This makes no sense to me? A KO please define? Since we have to KO every round to win it a KO should only be defined as a match sweep 3 round or 5 rounds won to 0 lost. Each round shouldn't count for any points at all only the overall winner should earn points. This keeps each fight as an individual event but each fighter can earn for the SOC only if he wins overall. Thoughts?

Thanks for the thoughts Wildman.

I think it's important that strength in depth can help to gain points. The society champions should be a soc that performs well throughout the tournament. I think it's more impressive to have, say, one person in each class that does well, rather than 3 Heavyweights who do well but no representation in other classes.

One of the reasons behind the soc championships is to encourage participation. I don't want anyone to not enter because they think they'll mess things up for their soc, and I want people to encourage their soc members to join up to help the soc get more points. WildD3amons seem to be a good example of this idea in action, I don't know what you did but you obviously got your members motivated :)

Similarly I want to cut down on people who enter and then don't talk to me or show up to scheduled fights, so there should be some penalty for forfeiting, though it could be an option to have that penalty dependent on the reason for forfeiting.

This makes no sense to me? A KO please define? Since we have to KO every round to win it a KO should only be defined as a match sweep 3 round or 5 rounds won to 0 lost. Each round shouldn't count for any points at all only the overall winner should earn points. This keeps each fight as an individual event but each fighter can earn for the SOC only if he wins overall. Thoughts?

By KO we mean a win within the 3-minute limit. A 'points' win (worth 2 points in the current scoring system) means a win when the 3 minutes expires. This is quite rare - it's only happened in something like 4-5 rounds so far this year.

The idea behind scoring for each round is that a 3-0 win should be better than a 3-1 or 3-2.

Don't forget the open session from 20:30 tonight. Anyone who is waiting for their fight to be arranged can show up tonight in the hope that their opponent will be there (or can be found).

So far I haven't set up any scheduled matches today but I'm going to go and have a look now to see who's sent their times since I checked last night and maybe I can fix something up.

Draw and soc scores updated in the second post.

Oleg Thank you. It didn't take much on my part to get anyone in the WildD3amons entered. I just spread the word of the event.

I agree for a forfeit the SOC score should be effected if the forfeit is just because the fighter doesn't want to continue. But how can you prove right or wrong intentions is why I suggested no points for either side or 50% of what would have been awarded to the winner. Some are turned off from the event due to lag issues and may not want to continue so they will just say computer issues.

Awarding for doing well in SOC event can be accomplished by increasing point values for each round of boxing. till eventually the points are the same for each weight class.

ROUND 1 points;
Flyweight: 3 points
Lightweight: 4 points
Welterweight: 5 points
Middleweight: 6 points
Heavyweight: 8 points

A sweep 3-0 victory = 10 bonus points
A sweep 5-0 victory = 20 bonus points

Round 2 points;
Flyweight: 5 points
Lightweight: 6 points
Welterweight: 7 points
Middleweight: 8 points
Heavyweight: 9 points

A sweep 3-0 victory = 15 bonus points
A sweep 5-0 victory = 30 bonus points

and so on but making quarter final and finals matches their own point system but much higher scoring. Large bonus for winning a weight class regardless of the class same bonus to all same scoring system.

Just a few more ideas :) or am I on the wrong track all together lol

Just a few more ideas :) or am I on the wrong track all together lol

You're making it a lot more complicated than I want :D But the general idea is worth consideration.

Health check Sorry Oleg there it is and thx for the fight Mcveith

Blastoise Meculus Yarlboro Health check, good match OZ, good match Hawk and gl both of ya :)

blast_vs_oz_hp.jpg

Last edited:
You will be out from the tournament your next match , i just need to get my opponent from under the bed in his room ;)

Ok good luck...

A few results from tonight:

Flyweight 3rd round
3. Lilly Swing Mirtyl (WildD3amons) 3-0 Mark Rufen Power (TAO)

Lightweight 2nd round
4. Blastoise Meculus Yarlboro (Odysseus Unbound) 3-0 osmotious oz maximious (TAO)

Lightweight 3rd round
2. John Hawk Connor (The buxx stops here!) 0-3 Blastoise Meculus Yarlboro (Odysseus Unbound)

Gratz Lilly drive on to the finals :)

GO WildD3amons!

Thanks!
And Good Luck Cappy! :cool:

A few results from tonight:

Flyweight 3rd round
3. Lilly Swing Mirtyl (WildD3amons) 3-0 Mark Rufen Power (TAO)

Lightweight 2nd round
4. Blastoise Meculus Yarlboro (Odysseus Unbound) 3-0 osmotious oz maximious (TAO)
TAO wasn't having a good time last night :D. Thou we lost to serious lag issues, I had fun on all my fights, gutted but had fun. I will look forward again to next year & TY to all who had a part in organising and supporting this event. Great stuff. All the best to the remaining combatants & I hope to catch the finals. :)

TAO wasn't having a good time last night :D. Thou we lost to serious lag issues, I had fun on all my fights, gutted but had fun. I will look forward again to next year & TY to all who had a part in organising and supporting this event. Great stuff. All the best to the remaining combatants & I hope to catch the finals. :)

Oh, i'm so sorry for your lost, bro :( Well, hope you'll do better next year...

Holy Cow, go lil, go lil, gogogo... :wtg:

Weekend schedule added in post 3, more to follow I hope :)

You can't use pics hosted on other sites here, you'll need to upload it to the forum gallery, or e-mail it to me (ask me for the address as I don't want to post it here).

two hours or so until i can get on but i will be there :)

My Pic didn't take 180.4 is HP what do I do now? I can screene anytime to verify :(

More important I missed the video of EMW and I PKing Force and having him log off from us!

My Pic didn't take 180.4 is HP what do I do now? I can screene anytime to verify :(

More important I missed the video of EMW and I PKing Force and having him log off from us!

You lost , you lost, you lost !! :p (nah... ;p)

Oleg, if you will want punishment for Wildman as rules are rules, im ok with Rematch !!!! >D )

It was very close game, two times you had only few HP left and i have 14 hp less ;) So very very close ..

Anyway it was very un-playable in many moments, i was not able to hit you and you just gave me series from lag ( like loot lag, 1 minute nothing and then 15 hits...., and i havent gave you any )

Oleg, maybe one thing to suggest, even i dont think it will be supported....

What about to have American and European championship next time? It is very hard to play against US based players... ( I doubt they have less ping then 200 > its un-realistic to have less ) I did fight with Wildman and some other US players.. And it seems that EU has some sort of antilag thats sadly doing a big advantage to people with higher ping..

I would say that maybe some other European based people can say how was their game , or how is it for them against US players ;) (the same goes for japan/china/australia etc... )

Last edited:
Back