extractors and other tt rubbish

aridash

Slayer
Society
Skillin' Villains
who uses stuff like extractors and other tt rubbish, and where do they buy from? I see the markup on such items can be 110%, 130%, 200% or more for some, yet the daily volumes are a couple dozen ped worth, so its not from auction. is there a couple of big dealers im always missing?

this applies to wood, most paint, robot parts, hides and other bits. i have literally thousands of peds tied up in apparently modest-high markup items that i cannot actually sell at auction (fee makes it not worth while or i have a weeks volume) and street buyers either arent interested or only pay a couple of % MU.

where exactly is the demand for this stuff :scratch:

Paints and other tailoring and carpentry materials tend to have weird mark ups when compared to each other. Robot parts are used in making weapons and other stuff that is actually used. Sell in bigger stacks? If its tt crap, why not sell it to the street venders?

I try not to TT much but robot junk normally goes that way. Animal hide, generic leather, adrenal oil generally get TTed too. Low markup paint can be sold quite easily for around 103-105% on auction. Extractors I stock up on because I craft textures, but even then I occasionally TT a few k leather and stone extractors.

No idea about wood, I haven't sold any for a long time and it tends to accumulate in my storage, but I never seem to collect enough to have a decent crafting run or to make me want to sell it.

Check out the garbage man thread I have in services.

Ive started buying extractors (only high MU ones), and a lot of other TT junk.

As for paints and all that, it all depends.... its a tough call cause you need a decent amount of some paints to make anything after auction fee..

But not a lot of people want to buy 2000 paint (20ped for some)....

Best thing for all that stuff is find a crafter in textures and a leveling beautician.

Last edited:
I keep stacking till the time comes that someone is calling on the street with decent MU, or I keep stacking until I have enough to profit atleast 2x Auction Fee, then fill an order as they appear.
Wood, paints etc... easily sold to orders.
Extractors a little trickier to move, but still very easily moveable.
I've recently started refining (fine hide, fine wools etc) and selling stacks to orders on auction.

u can sell them at 102-103% on entropiabay. Your will save some pecs-ped from fees then sell at lower price. if some one really need them then they will enjoy this.

who uses stuff like extractors and other tt rubbish, and where do they buy from?

I do. I don't buy them from the auction, though, because of the usual reseller nonsense. I buy them from several people who know they can always dump that stuff on me for a small markup because I use the stuff.

for most of what you mentioned, I can't see being able to get 110%+. perhaps, there are some people who buy small lots and that what those sellers are looking for. not really sure.

I think there are quite a few people, like me, who consistently buy from people they know. after all, it's better than tossing the stuff in the terminal or having it lie static in storage.

I guess the only downside is that sometimes there are a couple of things I'm not interested in at the moment. this is usually because I have a glut of the stuff and haven't come around to using it yet. of course, there are things I need a constant supply. it's funny as many people just throw this stuff in the terminal.

for me, I work on a 103%-105% bulk purchase rate. the actual amount depends on the mix of goods in the lot. I like things to be fair all around. however, many items, like basic wool, for example, are easily purchased for around 101.5% (sometimes less) regardless of the spiking the manipulators are doing to the average prices.

One of the biggest mistakes/misunderstandings regarding markup on stackables is to look at the markup and think the only way to sell is to match that. For many items, this requires a huge stack to make even a PED of profit.

What to do?

First, look at the number of sales, not just the total value. Things that sell rarely, (unless they are rare themselves) are best TT'd or sold to a street buyer if you don't know someone who can use them. Too often they will go unsold, costing you the auction fee. Many of the robot components fall in this category.

For things that sell frequently, look at the markup range. Small quantities will sell for much higher markup than big lots, making possible to sell without waiting for huge lots. It is the big lots that make the overall markup so low. If you look into the offers for the item, you will see what the resellers are pricing smaller lots at. Set a buyout price point that is just below the bulk resellers price so that it will sell quickly and send some extra PED's your way. This is particularly true of items used by newbie or casual crafters.

As with most things, some trial and error is required, but in time you will find that there are a good number of things that you can sell for a decent profit without much risk or effort. All those PED's add up over time :)

:beerchug:

Miles

Last edited:
Only a few people buy extractors so you have to be REALLY LUCKY to be able to sell them at those markups, either that or know the people who need them. Some people put them on auction and on a very few occasions they strike lucky. Most of the time they just lose their auction fees though. Personally I keep the more expensive ones in storage ...just-in-case. The others I throw in the tt.

Is there a list somewhere of people that resell?

Back