Harbinger event - an epic fail already

hunting events are able to cause a jump in prices of hunting gear (mainly guns & faps) and ressources used for crafting those. high prices might last from announcment until end of event. so announcing shortly before start means a shorter period of high prices. in contrary, announcing long before means long period of high prices which may prevent regular hunters from doing their business as used to by making their hunting gear more expensive. also crafters of non hunting gear might suffer from high ress prices when the ressources they use are also used in hunting gear.

however, short announcing means people empty storages quickly, so prices of non hunting stuff/ressources may go down quicker than with a long announcment.

essence: always be prepared, dont hoard to much and always have some cash backup for opportunities.

so you cant particpate due to your chosen method of paying is out of sync with the event. hardly an "epic fail" is it?

Look on the bright side...since you are not really one of the standard benefactors of events you will save money this way..

Besdies you KNOW MA will follow this up nearly immediately with Merry Mayhem so your next depo on the 25th of November can go to that if you think ahead.

As far as the missions that just perpetuates nerfs by completing them while filling the purses of the platform so they can do their Christmas shopping more comfortably.

Try a nice vacation to RT while this event runs.. you may find a better out look at a far smaller cost then if you did the event.

Why did you buy stuff and leave yourself with no ped to use it?

Well, thats just the thing that ive replied to numerous posts of your nature in this thread, im not whining that the event is expensive, im not whining that the event is short, im complaining though, that due to the announcement being too late i am deprived of the priviledge of choosing wether to participate in full or not, in escense, one might say that by doing as FPC did, announcing the event on Oct-29th, they BLOCKED me from participating to the extent that i would want.

Thats what this thread is about.

I understand and I have a certification exam coming up in the next weeks for which I'll need to study (bah) ... still I don't have the urge to search an excuse on behalf of MA/FPC ... this is just the way it is for me and just it means I will probably miss out a lot of fun here (and opportunities)

Deal with it, live with it ... manage your expectations versus the communication policy of the supplier.
But don't put this in the public with a title "an epic fail already" !

I think this thread is an epic fail and the way you plan your financial situation too. If you don't have a reasonable ammount of cash by your side just don't depo at all.
However I assume that this event may become an epic fail if it continues to be like in the first 3 days of it now. Then FPC will not hold their promise of creating the biggest event we have seen so far. Well we will see... BUT this will certainly not depend on whether the OP is able to do a deposit for the event or not and not even if 100 other ppl are in the same situation...
Now if it is about other things than money available for example the exams Atami mentioned... I am in the very same situation I also need to get some coursework done... but the time this was announced at was enough to make a rough version of the work so I only need to make small amendments during EU event time.
Plan your real life FIRST and then see what EU does and you can do well in both at the same time.

I think this thread is an epic fail and the way you plan your financial situation too. If you don't have a reasonable ammount of cash by your side just don't depo at all.
However I assume that this event may become an epic fail if it continues to be like in the first 3 days of it now. Then FPC will not hold their promise of creating the biggest event we have seen so far. Well we will see... BUT this will certainly not depend on whether the OP is able to do a deposit for the event or not and not even if 100 other ppl are in the same situation...
Now if it is about other things than money available for example the exams Atami mentioned... I am in the very same situation I also need to get some coursework done... but the time this was announced at was enough to make a rough version of the work so I only need to make small amendments during EU event time.
Plan your real life FIRST and then see what EU does and you can do well in both at the same time.

This event will nether fail nor succeed..It will be just the same as every other event thruout EU history. The only ones gaining from it will be MA. Thinking anything more is just the dillusional euphoric thoughts we have been programed to chase since conception of the game that is Entropia.

nice thread.. had a laugh, thanks.

well i'm not sure about you guys, but when i over extend myself playing (birthday hunts always come to mind lol) i tend to dust off the ole CB-5 and grab some mates, 80 ped in ammo (4000 rounds in a CB-5 :cool:) and attack anything in sight.

have you tried seeing one of the banks ingame .... sure u will have to pay the item back but your depositing again at the end of the month so there is no chance of losing the item

Sorry for jumping the gun on this,

But as i just read the timeframe for the Harbinger event, I can already see it's first major screwup.

Why, you may ask.

Well, it was announced too late for some ppl (me for one), as I had already invested my monthly alotment of deposits (i.e most of my RL salory) into gear at or around Oct-25 to Oct-26,

Now there is this big sweet event, thats "unlike anything seen before" that starts in the middle of a month (allthough indeed informed about in the beginning of a month), and ENDS at the end of the month.

Which basically means, that these "event specific missions" are limited, for me, to Nov 25'th to 30th, now imagine if there is a "kill 1000 of xxx" or whatever, how on earth could one manage that in 5 days? especially since one has RL work those days. So in escense, that leaves 27th and 28th for me to do this event.

Nice, truly nice to see that such an epic event can be so well planned that it leaves out anyone already investing in the game.

For those out there who woner, yes, payday is 25th of each month for most people in Sweden.

May have jumped the gun, who knows maybe the few measily peds I have can turn into a month long of hunting several hours a day, but past experiences make me doubt this.

So thank you FPC for planning the date's so well and informing in time (i say with the deepest sarcastic voice available in my arsenal).

It's not MA's or FPC's fault that you dont own any peds on your card. They made the event and maybe set the date for a day which they though is the best. Your ped balance is strictly your problem. Why there is always MA's fault?

It's not MA's or FPC's fault that you dont own any peds on your card. They made the event and maybe set the date for a day which they though is the best. Your ped balance is strictly your problem. Why there is always MA's fault?

Because, it's easy to blame MA for everything.. :yay:

Because, it's easy to blame MA for everything.. :yay:

So i guess this thing with MA is guilty for everything it's like the expression "God Dammit"! :laugh::lolup::laugh:

Back