Harbinger....the waiting

nvm...doesn't work yet though does it?

Is this for real bro??... my connection says it will be about 1.5 mins.... hope it's all legit :)

yep if you actualy check where your client loader updates from you will see its the same site :) you can even check whios info if you like. Just FYI if you update like this copy the .exe into the entropia universe game folder and run the client loader. It should then apply the patch. double clicking the patch gives some error on my pc sins i have a copy paste EU and not an installed version. It may work on the installed version of you doubleclick but someone els will have to test that

If something invaded a planet or country the miners, clothing makers, Car makers or Hairdressers usually aren't the ones fighting them, that's just how invasions are, invasions are mostly all gun and pew pew like, there just not as much fun if its an invasion of traders persuing a hostile takeover of a mining company.

The games storyline involves invasions, robots, more invasions by more robots and in between invasions they tend to throw in a few invasions by robots so there going to be aimed at people willing to go shoot the said invading robots.

I honestly cant picture a mining event other than they drop items for a few weeks while people mine, or we get invaded by miners who start throwing ore at us very hard, mixed with very sharp gravel, doesn't sound very dangerous though, apart from eye damage which is nothing to be sneezed at i guess.

And i really cant imagine events for Colouring, Taming (oh wait that isn't here), Beauty, Masks (oh wait that isn't here either), Crafting, Beauty etc etc, be nice if there was some but im guessing it is difficult to think of anything fun.

Perhaps submit good ideas for your chosen profession or branch out into other professions.

goodluck, as i hear rumours of impending invadersn, possibly, wait for it...... robots.

go figure

thanks for reminding me of what is already obvious. only hunters matter right :)

thanks for reminding me of what is already obvious. only hunters matter right :)

If only hunters matter then why does it suck so mutch

yep if you actualy check where your client loader updates from you will see its the same site :) you can even check whios info if you like. Just FYI if you update like this copy the .exe into the entropia universe game folder and run the client loader. It should then apply the patch. double clicking the patch gives some error on my pc sins i have a copy paste EU and not an installed version. It may work on the installed version of you doubleclick but someone els will have to test that

Thanks mate... I will give it a try ... hopefully the servers are back up soon to try :)

No worries Kosmos, do what I do, go on a EU vacation,
I might login and swunt a bit, but that will be all. :)

An advanced Merry Christmas and Happy 2011. :laugh:

I've downloaded and moved it to the entropia folder but its not applying the patch.
I guess your sig applies to me :ahh:

In an invasion yes I'd so so, If you limit yourself to one profession then obviously you will miss out on some things and i did say it would be good to see events for other professions but what? and how would they work? Submit ideas don't just give in with the "ho hum woe is me" attitude.

Team up with other non hunters so you make up the dmg of an actual hunter, everyone else has to step up for these events so why don't you? You just naturally assume I'm a hunter.

Downtime extended to 10:00 UTC

No worries Kosmos, do what I do, go on a EU vacation,
I might login and swunt a bit, but that will be all. :)

An advanced Merry Christmas and Happy 2011. :laugh:

i admit i been an addict over the past year. i barely missed a week or 2 back in the spring. most i have ever played so i doubt i will be on a vacation, however i won't be motivated to participate in the 4th hunting event of the year. Note there hasn't been a mining event since the sga one, which was almost exactly a year ago.

See why i say ma only cares about hunters? 4 hunting events vs 0 mining? lol

kosmos

I've downloaded and moved it to the entropia folder but its not applying the patch.

Same here... it says cant delete file or something lol

In an invasion yes I'd so so, If you limit yourself to one profession then obviously you will miss out on some things and i did say it would be good to see events for other professions but what? and how would they work? Submit ideas don't just give in with the "ho hum woe is me" attitude.

Team up with other non hunters so you make up the dmg of an actual hunter, everyone else has to step up for these events so why don't you? You just naturally assume I'm a hunter.

i know your not a hunter. i often have seen you craft at oshiri. the point of my i will pick my nose statement is why should i have to change my proffession. hunters get 4 events and i get zip? i have to come up with event ideas for mindark? they were able to do it on their own in the past. emine event was fine and the sga event was as well. no one had to hold mindarks hand to make the harbinger event.

ok here is a suggestion. do emine event again and bridge the gap between level 43 and 56 in mining. see how easy that was. but will it happen? no we will see 5 more hunting events lol

sorry for the rant its just getting old seeing the same ol same ol. the old well miners have markup, or go grab a gun don't cut it.

kosmos

i admit i been an addict over the past year. i barely missed a week or 2 back in the spring. most i have ever played so i doubt i will be on a vacation, however i won't be motivated to participate in the 4th hunting event of the year. Note there hasn't been a mining event since the sga one, which was almost exactly a year ago.

See why i say ma only cares about hunters? 4 hunting events vs 0 mining? lol

kosmos

Same here, took a few weeks off in the summer, but that was all. ;)

I hear one of our friends is going to Egypt during this event.
Here is and idea, with all the sand there, join him and build some nice castles.

I here Mindark loves those, so you might be able to sell them some. :lolup:

Oh and I won't be joining because ...
1. I do not like sand.
2. I don't think Mindark buys these kind of castles. :silly2:

Last edited:

it may be that the server is still down thats causing the problem.

Hmm you may try to copy it to the windows temp folder on C drive or if its not there try the one under %userprofile%\application data\temp

Alternatively start up the download cancel it after like 2 or 3 seconds and search for update_11.4.1.61977-11.4.2.62368.exe then replace it with this one and start the client loader again.

Edit: O yea forgot it may appear atfirst that the client is downloading the update but at supper speed, its actualy just checking the file to ensure its complete before it applies the patch. O and you may need to enable show hiden files and folders and view system files inorder to copy into the temp folder

i know your not a hunter. i often have seen you craft at oshiri. the point of my i will pick my nose statement is why should i have to change my proffession. hunters get 4 events and i get zip? i have to come up with event ideas for mindark? they were able to do it on their own in the past. emine event was fine and the sga event was as well. no one had to hold mindarks hand to make the harbinger event.

ok here is a suggestion. do emine event again and bridge the gap between level 43 and 56 in mining. see how easy that was. but will it happen? no we will see 5 more hunting events lol

sorry for the rant its just getting old seeing the same ol same ol. the old well miners have markup, or go grab a gun don't cut it.

kosmos

Here's an idea, although probably too late to implement,
Miners have to use their 1337 Skillz to tunnel under the enemy gaining some skills along the way and keeping claims they find,
then the Hunters jump out of the tunnel and OMGWTFPEWPEWBBQ.

:yup:

Same here... it says cant delete file or something lol

Same result...I remember last time I had to do something like this I had to also change the details in the version.txt as well but I cant do that this time.

EDIT:OK the edit you made about temp folders etc makes no sense to me so I'm not gonna mess with it.The one difference this time with the last time I had to do this is that the servers where actually online then so I'll just wait and see what happens.

Last edited:
Same result...I remember last time I had to do something like this I had to also change the details in the version.txt as well but I cant do that this time.

EDIT:OK the edit you made about temp folders etc makes no sense to me so I'm not gonna mess with it.The one difference this time with the last time I had to do this is that the servers where actually online then so I'll just wait and see what happens.

Windows XP >> open explorer >> click tools >> folder options >> View. Then click on Show hidden files,folders, or drives and also remove the check mark under Hide protected operating system files
You will then be able to view the temp folder under your C drive. If the client loader does not download there you can check under Documents and setting\username\application data\temp

Windows Vista and windows 7 >> open controle pannel >> folder options >> View. Then click on Show hidden files,folders, or drives and also remove the check mark under Hide protected operating system files.
check for temp under C drive. If it does not update there take a look under Users\username\appdata\local\temp\

Damnit if I wornt at work atm I could check if it works the same as it did with VU 11.4.0 Unfortuanitly the proxy blocks the client loader from conecting but not from updating using the other method. Ill try a 3g modem in a bit and see if its going

Reactions: jod
Windows Vista and windows 7 >> open controle pannel >> folder options >> View. Then click on Show hidden files,folders, or drives and also remove the check mark under Hide protected operating system files. Done

check for temp under C drive.No File Named Temp
If it does not update there take a look under Users\username\appdata\local\temp\ appdata access denied

Thanks for trying but I'll just wait till the servers are back up at least and see what happens then.

EDIT: Servers up.went straight to patching :)

Last edited:
PPL are whinen that oh no not another hunting event what about me mmmmm

As far as I c it there should be a flow on efect as in a lot of us hunters use crafted gear which uses mined stuff etc etc.

Windows Vista and windows 7 >> open controle pannel >> folder options >> View. Then click on Show hidden files,folders, or drives and also remove the check mark under Hide protected operating system files. Done

check for temp under C drive.No File Named Temp
If it does not update there take a look under Users\username\appdata\local\temp\ appdata access denied

Thanks for trying but I'll just wait till the servers are back up at least and see what happens then.

Yea just checked servers still down. there may be an extra small update if they have a problem with this update. Should work after the servers come back online. It should work if you stop the update right after it started and then overwrite that file with the finished download if it turns out your client saves the incomplete download in another location then the game folder.

Ok Servers back online and pre downloaded patch applied without any problems :)

Back