Has anybody bought mining maps

uulwyn

Old
Just a quick question guys, but has anybody bought a mining map from entropiafitters at all for $19.95, which seem REALLY expensive, and how good are they?

Thanks

I don't get this. Why would you?
Maybe just as a gimic item, but that's all I can think of. Mining does not pertain to the area, but to the avatar and his/her skills. There might be a use in knowing what minerals can be found where, but that's it, and even that is questionable I think...

I think $20 for them IS a bit pricey, but hey, I'm not the one selling them, and obviously I'm not the one making any money from it either.

I wouldnt buy one, I am just interested if anybody had bought one and what they were like?

Dont buy. PM me, ill give you some locations if you want. That mining map thing is just one big scam

Dont buy. PM me, ill give you some locations if you want. That mining map thing is just one big scam

I appreciate the open questions and discussion.

So briefly, many MiningMaps have been sold. They are provided by a longtime Miner that contacted me after Entropia Outfitters opened about a year ago.

I respect everyone's opinion, and i will add that i have worked hard contributing to this community and have a long and respected reputation within this community. I accept no less from my vendors. So opinions formed AFTER u have discussed or investigated on your own, are stronger opinions.

Therefore, in short, the MiningMaps is not a scam but they are not for everyone. Beginning Miners would likely find them more useful than Veterans.

and for anyone that would like to do some more investigating... an FAQ was just posted here.

And just viewing the Mining Forum quickly there are many resources there to do further investigation.

GL everyone,
darri
:)

So beginner miners should pay 20$ for information many ppl (me including) are happy to give free? I'd rather suggest beginners to deposit that 20$ and use it to skill

E: Kpward, i agree that these could be helpful but i dont really see the advantage maps would give

Hello all, let me introduce myself, I am the creator of the mining maps. So take my comments, knowing I have a stake in the thread. (being open and honest)

We have had many customers, including repeat customers, since we started providing this service in June 2008. Demand is increasing and we will be releasing 3 more maps, hopefully this week. As always, we notify our previous customers first, so they may have first access to the new maps, but I will post a thread in the EntropiaOutfitters forum section here in EF, after the previous customers are notified.

As for value, each mining map package contains mining maps, coordinates, analysis, depth charts, mineral distribution and more!

picture.php

Mining in EU is a secretive affair. Each miner typically keeps his ‘mining spots’ as closely guarded secrets. Some miners even go out of their way to misdirect others away from lucrative areas. It makes sense. Unlike any other activity in the game, miners compete against each other as much as the game itself. A fellow miner can empty out an area, leaving little for those who follow and are unlucky enough to drop bombs in that empty field. Keeping secrets is part of being a successful miner.

These maps are an opportunity for miners to understand new areas. We all want new places to mine and the maps tell a story. They are real mining trips and analysis to go with it. They provide an understanding what type of ores and enmatter will likely be found. They show at what depth the material was located, which correlates to a miners equipment and skills. Lastly and most importantly, they provide an analysis to show generally where the veins are and what direction they mostly travel.

These maps are one of many resources available to miners of EU. When asked by starting miners, "what can I do to have the best chances at mining", my response is not to purchase a map. Instead I tell them, the best path is to find a good mining mentor who can guide, instruct, and assist you. Other mining resource can be found here.

Every miner makes their own decision on what strategy, tools, and resources to employ. The maps are not for everyone, but do provide value and I am proud to provide them. Additionally, I have created a Mining Maps FAQ's to answer some of the most common questions. Hope it helps.

I do expect to get flamed (its all good) but would rather hear from one of the many previous customers. Their input is very valuable, as even constructive feedback helps us produce a better product. I would expect if they didn't like the service, they would be more than willing to share. However, if they do believe the maps give them an advantage, they may be less likely to share (secretive miners and such).

:cool:

As always let me give a disclaimer, again we are consistently being open, honest, and reputable: There is no guarantee included. Many factors play into mining in Entropia Universe. The actions of other players, game updates, design changes, and random luck all can impact the success of a mining run. Take this as real information of actual mining runs which were successful and repeated many times.

Simply put - find info for yourself (ingame or even here on EF) or pay for it.
Thats how this offer should begin.

I never heard about "Mining Maps" - veteran EU miner, so whats your ingame nick again ? Is it you Strakkan ;)

First you need to believe that ores "respawn" (imho they are generated by player actions/skill/equipment), that veins exist (imho they not - since mining system change), etc. etc.

Its like all those "lottery systems" - if they were really valuable - author would profit on using them - not selling.

So - they should sell shirts rather than this - can help on earning peds same way like "mining maps"... oh wait, they sell shirts ? :p

Then i have some more ideas to earn PEDs - erhm U$D - how about "HOF and Global maps", "Hunting maps", "Crafting maps" - with funky graphs and professional analyzing, coordinates etc. Circa $19,99 would be nice. And nothing guarantee. ;)
I can take only 5% and you can utilize above brilliant ideas ;)

How many boms are dropped in creating one of those maps or urs?

I just see 43 finds in this one, That less then 200 ped spend on gathering the knowledge..

I find that a bitt odd to have a 200 ped product with that ammount of research.

How many boms are dropped in creating one of those maps or urs?

I just see 43 finds in this one, That less then 200 ped spend on gathering the knowledge..

I find that a bitt odd to have a 200 ped product with that ammount of research.

CycoKick,

Not that it matters, but I typically drop 200 bombs on a single run. The reason that is irrelevant, is for each map I select an area I have been mining for over a year. I am familiar with it, I know the orientation of the veins and can easily find them. Once found, I can predict where the mines are positioned and will follow the vein for sometimes over 20+ consecutive hits. The map data provided is from one such run, one point in time, to show where and what direction the veins travel. Additionally, I try and show where veins in the area intersect each other, typically multiple mines cluster there, some from each vein. These maps are not random trips out mining. They represent an actual mining run taken in an area well known to me, with the advantage of thousands of bombs previously tracked in that zone. Hope that helps.

Hello all, let me introduce myself, I am the creator of the mining maps. So take my comments, knowing I have a stake in the thread. (being open and honest)

Dear Mining Maps

Perhaps you full in game avatar name would bring some credibility to your products. Or like MA you cannot disclose anything about you?
(have you got something to hide? are you ashamed? are you shy?)

(My apologies if your in game name is Mining Maps...)

Mining in EU is a secretive affair. Each miner typically keeps his ‘mining spots’ as closely guarded secrets. Some miners even go out of their way to misdirect others away from lucrative areas. It makes sense. Unlike any other activity in the game, miners compete against each other as much as the game itself. A fellow miner can empty out an area, leaving little for those who follow and are unlucky enough to drop bombs in that empty field. Keeping secrets is part of being a successful miner.

If you have access to such valuable data (lucrative areas) why wont you equip an amp109 on your finder and mine there all day instead of wasting you time creating maps? (At this point I'm sure you own a Bugatti Veyron and a Mclaren F1 both bought with the money you have earned mining...)

If you say that "Keeping secrets is part of being a successful miner" why would you be willing to share those secrets for a few dollars?

In fact if you say that a miner can empty an area, you clearly demonstrate to have a profound knowledge of how the claim respawn system works.
Do you possess the knowledge we all thought only MA have?
Are willing to share that knowledge for $20?

Best Regards
Oliveira Langsuyar Salazar

Last edited:
I never heard about "Mining Maps" - veteran EU miner, so whats your ingame nick again ? Is it you Strakkan ;)

Ateush, I don't want to give my in-game name simply because I like my privacy. I guess that is one of the reasons I got into mining in the first place. Mining is mostly a solitary affair, not to say I don't like a good team hunt from time to time. I have been mining for many years. I began shortly after EU went gold. For those who remember, it was actually PE (Project Entropia) back then. Mining has changed since then, as have all the professions. I even remember when the mining rods (they were tall skinny poles back then) were flawed and would not disappear. Some areas looked like miniature forests of mining rods until the bug was fixed. Maybe some of the other old-timers can recall.

I have also been around long enough to remember being PK'ed numerous times by Ck in 'their' PVP1 zone while trying to sneak in some mining. Ahhh, those were the days...running for you life while fighting the lag monster. 'Lag kills', well so did Ck.

...and no, I am not the infamous "Strakkan" :laugh:

I don't want to give my in-game name simply because I like my privacy.

You want to sell something yet you refuse to reveal your identity!
Say no more...

Dear Mining Maps

Perhaps you full in game avatar name would bring some credibility to your products. Or like MA you cannot disclose anything about you?
(have you got something to hide? are you ashamed? are you shy?)

Langsuyar, see my previous post to Ateush

If you have access to such valuable data (lucrative areas) why wont you equip an amp109 on your finder and mine there all day instead of wasting you time creating maps?

Well, amps don't work exactly like that. They do increase the % of TT return but don't guarantee a profit. I will save that for another thread. I hope to publish some research I have been doing on Amps since last year.

If you say that "Keeping secrets is part of being a successful miner" why would you be willing to share those secrets for a few dollars?

I am crazy for this game and spend way too many hours logged in. Although I hunt and craft, my primary profession is mining. Around 2 years ago Darri (owner of EntropiaOutfitters.com) and I were discussing how mining in EU was a secretive affair. I had a tremendous amount of mining data and experience of how some of the system works. We realized many miners needed help and their was a demand for sensible information. I mentored some and provided free advice to anyone who asked, but did not openly give out my mining spots for fear of them constantly being mined. The mining map idea spawned as a great balance. The miner who is not that serious about mining would not likely spend money for a map. Only those who want to be miners and are really seeking an advantage would pay. This artificial control insures these areas are not flooded by undedicated miners, armed with free information. I get an obvious benefit for the work in developing the maps, which is no easy task. And I still share my general knowledge with people. It just seems to work.

In fact if you say that a miner can empty an area, you clearly demonstrate to have a profound knowledge of how the claim respawn system works.
Do you possess the knowledge we all thought only MA have?
Are willing to share that knowledge for $20?

Most longtime miners know about the refresh/respawn. But we still don't know exactly how long it takes to replenish, nor can we accurately predict what sized mines will be there. Their are other factors as well, but won't clutter up this thread.

Cheers.

jesus christ this board is full of idiots.

Some people's time is worth more than 20 bux. So they happily buy a map.

If you are noob at life and can't afford a map then STFU and GTFO this thread retards.

u haters all fail.

Thankyou miningmaps for your replies, makes alot of sense, Thanks for taking the time to reply

Uulwyn

jesus christ this board is full of idiots.

Some people's time is worth more than 20 bux. So they happily buy a map.

If you are noob at life and can't afford a map then STFU and GTFO this thread retards.

u haters all fail.

Just think.... out of all of your father's sperm..... you were the quickest..... :(

If anyone wants to expend the effort to make a good mining map available for free, no one is stopping you. Begrudging this guy just because he is making some quick bucks for his effort... I mean, I couldn't be bothered to lol

You know what the funny thing is, the Robert Sacks spiral idea can be proven by none other than Mindark's own tools .....

Average depth is nah .... Im not gonna tell u
Radius is .... Obvious

Mining does not even use a database so how can anyone make maps for it ?

Do the maps on sale take into account different tools, timing and other unmentionable factors ?

Once found, I can predict where the mines are positioned and will follow the vein for sometimes over 20+ consecutive hits.
I want to see a video of this or I will continue to believe that you are a liar and a scammer
This is statistically impossible IMO, nothing in my own VERY extensive testing has shown me that this can be done. At best, I have seen a hitrate of 35%, although over time, this will average back to 25%.

My own not inconsiderable mining experience leads me to believe that you cannot predict whether you will hit or not: certain ores occur in a certain area, you have a base 25% chance to "hit" in that area; which ore will be determined by finder, skills and luck.

Now this is all just my opinion, but your mining maps pitch seems to indicate that you KNOW how the mining system works, which I BELIEVE to be a lie.

Once again, show me a video with 20 consecutive hits and I will advertise your maps for free in every channel available to me.

Last edited:
I have to agree with above. Im a noob miner, so my input in this field is pretty useless. But to me its like hunting, which I see as another form of coin game. You get a choice what machine you want and how much you put in and therefore can get an idea of what the max payout will be. But in the end its luck.

This idea that you KNOW of certain things seems odd to me, because if thats the case like others have said, you could tap your 1 area every few days or w/e you believe is the refresh rate, and profit madly and wouldn't need to take time to sell maps. I also believe if you've been playing for so long you probably have many areas that you KNOW you can predict.

I think if you had a 20 consecutive hit rate, it must of been some amazing luck, because hell lets say you know something special, well just say, lets give you 50% chance of hit. Which is huge. 50% over 20 times means you'd have to have a rabbits foot up your butt.

Thats just my personal belief, also would you say their is veins in hunting creatures? Because if there is veins in mining then technically that would make it almost the best profession because you could "PREDICT" (yes i understand lots of research would be needed, but if you can predict with the odds you are implying) then mining would be the best profession. Just my personal feelings, but I think its all a game of luck, with some variable factors that are unknown but generated.

no no no no no NO

just dont, take those 20$ and buy bombs/probes and download NRF

Been mining for 3 years and have never had more then 5 hits in a row.

Naah, I rather believe in personal knowledge, skills, tools and luck all combined.

just my :twocents:

Speaking about deposit sizes, 20+ hit veins, minerals deep and other crap, makes me think all that thing is just idea how to lure out 20 usd from peoples, who has no clue what and where to do.
Atm more or less valuable information are what minerals spawn in current zone. And such information arnt so secret, forums are full with maps and with some knowledge about areas you can use entropiatracker as tool aswell.
Even then, your equipment can prevent you from finding some of ores/enmaters or benefit finding some of them. Deep, sizes, type of ore more depends from your own personal tools and luck. Not from maps with some nice looking charts or kinda personal analizys. Even using same tools 2 miners can get completely different results. It depends from your personal mining style aswell. How you drop bombs, what times you prefer to mine etc.

This is statistically impossible IMO, nothing my own VERY extensive testing has shown me that this can be done. At best, I have seen a hitrate of 35%, although over time, this will average back to 25%.

My not so vast experience (little more than a year) showed me this exact same results!

Back