Question: Have you ever competed in my Events ?

Have you ever participated in my events ?

• Total voters

Hugh Willose

Prowler
Society
Dark Knights
Hugh Willose
Hi Guys,

I would like to know just how many people participate in my "Lost Ticket" events as i am wondering if i should continue them or not.

I take a lot of time every week in setting the event up, responding to PM's etc and if there isn't enough people interested then there is no point in me trying to get sponsors for these events.

I would like some feedback, positive or negative

thanks

Hugh
:)

Hugh as you allready know I do.

I dont everytime as I think it is/would be unfair (to you & the Sponsor) if the same ppl win week after week. Tho last week was the 1st time I've won. I have come close a couple of times.

Last week I found the ticket in a bout 20mins. Like I said I was just lucky. Other events I have been looking for 20 hours or more & not come close.
It's the luck of the draw :)

I think the area's are fine if thats what you think. Smaller area is fine to. But not so much of a challange I guess. It's your event you do as you see fit.

Spongey

Voted... yes of course ;)

How many times did I participate ?... hmm... quite a few now. :D

And I still like walking around new areas to look after it.

Corto

I think it's a great event and a very funny idea. :D

If I have time I usually search for some hours or so, but I have not participated in all events.

As for the size of the area and the effort you have to put in: I think it's only fair. After all, the reward is 100 ped (sometimes even more) and it is free for all participants.

Really appreciate the time and effort you put into running this event!

As for the number of people I see in the events: It varies. Sometimes there is a number of people around, sometimes not. I thinks it is difficult to estimate how many there are unless you are there all the time.

I've spent a few hours here and a few hours there looking for the ticket. My main comment is in the same line as one in the event thread - areas are too large.

I did a quick calc on an Amethera event and think I got something like 3.74 million m^2. I did run around there a few hours even that I knew the probability I'd find it would be somewhat slim, but after a while just gave up. I haven't even bothered with an approximation for AH, but I can say I simply didn't bother with it due to the enormous size of the search area - it just felt futile.

For some variation, perhaps more newcomer fun, and even lowered cost, how about alternating the dropped ticket with a slightly smaller search area and (subset of/variations on) fap+weapon+ammo?

To perhaps spice that up even more, what about keeping track of the TIR's of the weapons (that should make them pretty unique, to say the least) and whomever trades you that weapon, say a tt-pistol, n hours after the event starts gets a larger reward - monetary or otherwise. If they don't trade the pistol, perhaps it helped someone have some fun anyway. It's tt-value is also so low too as to (hopefully) provide disincentive for more higher-level griefers to bother.

Benefits with such an event could be
  • Possibly providing more incentive to more participants.
  • Keep down monetary cost, leading to
  • benefit more newcomers (and benefit the newcomers more?).
  • Care to the gamers that are - as correctly noted in another recent thread here on EF - more easily frustrated than gamblers.
  • Place less burden on participants - you already have screenie and pos of where the items were dropped.
  • Shorten the timespan the event is running, for yours and participants benefit. You could set it up, do something else, and come back n hours later for... 15 minutes perhaps to do eventual trades and collect stray items.

Just some brainstorming really, but I think it could be worth considering.

It's a little odd question. The polls asks "Have you ever participated in my events ?" and you want the information to whether or not continue them.

A better question would have been "Do you think they are a great idea?".

I'm saying, I never participated in one but it's a good idea.

Therefore, my "No" means feel free to continue :).

i though u found the ticket by now :rolleyes:

3 or 4 times

... and never won :(

It's a little odd question. The polls asks "Have you ever participated in my events ?" and you want the information to whether or not continue them.

A better question would have been "Do you think they are a great idea?".

I'm saying, I never participated in one but it's a good idea.

Therefore, my "No" means feel free to continue :).

The poll is to try and find out how many people do the events. This thread is for feedback.

I see humanwoman voted no- lol

I have never competed but will continue sponsoring if you continue to run them. Watch for event #19 everyone!! :laugh:

In presenting this contest to the newbies in my soc, none of them have ever heard of it. I think many newcomers don't have EF accounts, and if they do, they don't monitor the goings on very closely or view events as impossible for a newbie to hope to win, so they don't even check for such things. Perhaps some ingame advertising would be in order, like spammers in sweat camp areas, PA, @ TPs , even on the global ad screen? I don't know if you do any of that, just adding my :twocents: (and yes, that's the sound of a volunteer ;))
This event series is great because it is free to enter, has absolutely no financial investment to the participants, and has a high prize for just walking around looking at the ground. Who could ask for more? Keep up the good work! +rep Hugh!

I think it would be fair to not let winner win the next event too.

So that they don't get banned for life from it, just the next one, to give others chances too. :D

I think its a great thing, Hugh. I spent four or five hours walking around looking last night. I didn't even find a single fruit or stone though. :laugh: Hope you don't give up the idea, even if you have to change the implementation of it.

An Awesome idea

Never competed in it. Would be good for non-depoers and new ppl to do. Set them up with a vivo and opalo etc.

personal opinion:

dislike the idea of the same few individual always wins more than once.
it should be win once only.

dislike the idea of no skill limit.
since this is post on noob corner, it should be at least agility 30 or below.

the event.

just my 2 pec

personal opinion:

dislike the idea of the same few individual always wins more than once.
it should be win once only.

dislike the idea of no skill limit.
since this is post on noob corner, it should be at least agility 30 or below.

just my 2 pec

I totally agree but its impossible to stop somebody picking it up, if i dont pay the finder then we have no ticket to play with

I've been playing for a few years now so I don't think I qualify as a noob. This is why I have not taken part in your events. Keep up teh good work though, events for new players are a Good Thing!

I totally agree but its impossible to stop somebody picking it up, if i dont pay the finder then we have no ticket to play with

make a new event and name the event something like "Please don't pick up this event ticket" or "If found, please report to Hugh on EF"

^
does the above even sound serious =/

no offense, absolutely great event

I have not participated but I very much like the idea and kudos to the effort :)

Wouldn't you be able to setup this event in LAs? Make "fake" most or high loot prizes then when event starts just drop the ticket and the newbies would have to look for it.

Depending how big the LA is, you could drop it several times or just once or how many sponsors you got or have a bonanza like run. First finder gets x, second finder gets y...and so on or whatsoever.

Also it would give opportunity to restrict agility. Or even turn on pvp. Nothing better than shooting the back of someone who is about to pick up the prize :D

(I have no idea how events work, but I think I have seen those
options.)

This would also eliminate the need of noobs coming to EF to see it, hopefully they recognize the event system, that is, lol.

I love your events..even though I've never won.

A testament to your hiding skills, I think haha.

Sorry, I've never competed in your events, don't feel bad though, nothing personal, I've never competed in anyone else's events either :laugh:

I love these events! Do not cancel them :(

I have competed in the event :)

Not for myself, but as a bodyguard for someone who was in the event.

I like the setup of the event (no cost and possible big reward with useful tools), and we had alot of fun running around trying to find the ticket.

I've competed in your events fairly regularly :) I even won once!

I think its a great event in that any new player can just start doing it with a fairly large reward to be had at the end. I do agree (when i saw it posted in your original thread) that it is the same few players who do it and often win it though.

Most people I see in game haven't heard of your event but after i tell them, they think its a great idea and look it up on the forum. I guess some of my suggestions would be

1. maybe make another thread in the event section? or promote it somehow so its not the same few people that do it.

2. put it in areas outside of cities with low level mobs (preferably) and try and encourage walking whist looking for the ticket? That way if someone tries the event for a few hours like many have, they might not find the ticket but probably some fruit, dung or stones - it's better than nothing

3. If you put smaller prizes hidden in the area so there's a bigger chance for people to find something, it would probably attract more searchers? So if you hid 5 bunches of 5 ped around the area and made the reward 75 peds instead or something similar so there's more of a chance to find something and less people who see the event won't think "ah screwit, i cbf and i wont find the single stupid pixel in that big an area anyway". Or you could just hide all the peds in the area and have an item as the prize for finding the ticket or something like that (although that kind of ruins the whole find my ticket thing you've got going on =P)

just some ideas, You should definitely keep doing it though, it's a great initiative.

Never did you're event couse I feel there are other ppl out there that would have way more satisfaction of winning it then me, so keep going :)

When I'm bored I have a look for the ticket (my looking area was pretty close to the actual location this time) but 30mins wasting time is enough for me.

I think the setup is fine, because it's intended for people who have time but no ped, and would prefer to spend that time in EU rather than playing other games.

If the prize was more, or the search area were smaller, there is an increased chance of people finding the ticket whom 100ped means nothing to. Certainly if I could spend 30min for 100ped, I would fund it on my next 109 mining run - and I don't feel that the event is intended as cream for rich kids.

I can understand though how disheartening it is to look for something for 12 hrs.

Perhaps something to try is make it riddle-y so thata person can either use brute force to use it, or use the clue given and perhaps spend a little less time searching and more time thinking.

Clues don't have to be cryptic, but something for the last one (13th) where it was on top of a hill, the clue could be :
"At least 10m from any tree. Above 0"
This would then narrow down the search area without necessarily being won by someone using brute force.

The danger however with such clues is
1. Eclectic nature of interpretation of English
2. Referring to certain types of landmark or vegetation, you need to make sure this vegetation is visible on lowest graphics settings (though most of the winning screenies I have seen have much newer graphics than I do >.>)

Good luck. :)

I didn't leave feedback when I first answered Hugh's poll; I've returned to finish the job!

I like the idea of the event. Back before I deposited, it looked like my best hope of obtaining a nice amount of PEDs. I still search for the ticket when I have a chance (some Fridays I am out in the real world, of course), but I usually tire of the search after about an hour -- finding the ticket is a gamble, whereas hunting some, say, Merp nets me guaranteed progress toward a mission.

I'd continue participating in these events as much as I feel like, presuming they continue. I hope it's not an issue that I'm out there looking for it: apparently 42 isn't a n00b amount of Agility, but all I've ever really done is gotten Goblin, maxed every tt weap, the starter BLP guns, and the Vivo T1, and completed a few Iron Challenge missions... I still feel very much like a newbie.

Voted no. I want to participate, though.

I think the events are a fantastic idea and should continue, however, I have very little time to play EU so I have to determine what is most "worth my time". I find racking up iron challenges consuming the majority of my play time nowadays. TP runs and fun events have been put on the back burner.

Back