Info: How to get your own HP bar on screen.

Simon God

Stalker
Society
High Mindtropian - Medical Marijuana
Simon God Adebisi
I've been wanting this for a long time. Never seen any way to get it. I found a way tonight and why not share. It might be public knowledge but i've never heard it.

To get your own HP bar on screen, equip a weapon with a scope, then drag your HP bar from the scope.

I hope this might be useful to some.

~Simon

...isn't your HP bar always on screen...bottom right corner?!?!

...isn't your HP bar always on screen...bottom right corner?!?!

Yes it is,

but its kind of a sucky placement having to look down there. Much better to have it where you want the info!

Just tried it. +rep to you!

I want a hp bar with numbers! Id love to know how many hp i have left instead of just seeing a graphical representation.

equip a weapon with a scope, then drag your HP bar from the scope.

sorry, cant log into game for a long time, anyone mind uploading a video demonstrating?

I never knew this is possible, now i can play EU with all the UI removed, except my HP bar :yay:

sorry, cant log into game for a long time, anyone mind uploading a video demonstrating?

I never knew this is possible, now i can play EU with all the UI removed, except my HP bar :yay:

I cant make movies but its very simple, just attach a scope to a weapon, then drag with the mouse from the scope! You will know when you have the right spot because you avatar will have the markings around it, just as you get when you hoover over HP bar at the UI.

And you can do it in first person aswell.

This is one of those bugs that doesn't affect MA or the players at all, has no impact on economy whatsoever, but is one of those things I bet MA will go out of their way to fix, even with other bugs 100x worse than this and much easier to fix.

I bet 5k EFD on it.

If this bug came now when they released the scope and laser info along with updated info on what they do in game this kinda shows that the scope is attached to your avatars body, now we just need Legion to formulate a theory based on this!

i done this the other day, not realising how i done it. thank you :)

I want a hp bar with numbers! Id love to know how many hp i have left instead of just seeing a graphical representation.

Yeah me too! Makes it more exciting when you gain extra health, instead of it being buried in the skills section.

Would also be nice to have HP on the reticule / crosshair, infact while we are at it, why not have hit direction markers aswel, just like on Crysis, we already have the technology :D

like here for example (shameless advert for my ageing rig that still pwns most games today, without SLI) :D

Action at ~04:00

[YOUTUBE]F5Vxf5vtZQU[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Excellent tip!
Been wanting something like this for a while.

I vote for a stickify!:yay:

Would also be nice to have HP on the reticule / crosshair, infact while we are at it, why not have hit direction markers aswel, just like on Crysis, we already have the technology :D

like here for example (shameless advert for my ageing rig that still pwns most games today, without SLI) :D

Action at ~04:00

[YOUTUBE]F5Vxf5vtZQU[/YOUTUBE]

Nice setup to run EU on. This is what I did to mine this week and was playing on this evening.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/technical/192868-new-water-cooling-system-installed.html

Nice setup to run EU on. This is what I did to mine this week and was playing on this evening.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/technical/192868-new-water-cooling-system-installed.html

Nice system, im more of a blue/black person when it comes to rigs, well anything for that matter. Green is not my thang but i can appreciate it :D

Oh how nice it would be to upgrade mine, MB+RAM+CPU is all that's required, cant afford it though...

That rig is over 2 year old and im proud it still kicks ass today :cool:

its possible to do it without a scope even, i just manage to do it while being in 3rd person :)

This is one of those bugs that doesn't affect MA or the players at all, has no impact on economy whatsoever, but is one of those things I bet MA will go out of their way to fix, even with other bugs 100x worse than this and much easier to fix.

I bet 5k EFD on it.

I don't think its a bug. You used to be able to do this simply when you avatar was selected (press alt), haven't tried lately, possibly that also still works.

You can do it in 3rd person. It works with any attachment (not armor plates).

I think it even works with mining amps on finders. I had tried out a MA101-Light the other day and noticed that I kept targeting myself as I was running. I didn't know about dragging off my health but it was the same effect as I get when I tried the trick mentioned here with a scope. That amp broke though and I don't have another one to test right now.

Does anyone know if this allows you to attack yourself in pvp? Can you accidentally block your own shots while hunting in a non-pvp zone if your attachment gets in your LOS?

You can do it in 3rd person. It works with any attachment (not armor plates).

I think it even works with mining amps on finders. I had tried out a MA101-Light the other day and noticed that I kept targeting myself as I was running. I didn't know about dragging off my health but it was the same effect as I get when I tried the trick mentioned here with a scope. That amp broke though and I don't have another one to test right now.

Does anyone know if this allows you to attack yourself in pvp? Can you accidentally block your own shots while hunting in a non-pvp zone if your attachment gets in your LOS?

How does the attachment get in your line of sight? They're attached to your weapon already?

nice find, thx! always wanted to be able to do this!

FINALLY, someone has found the real use for scopes in game! ;)

i want a hp bar with numbers! Id love to know how many hp i have left instead of just seeing a graphical representation.

amen!

How does the attachment get in your line of sight? They're attached to your weapon already?

I know it sounds strange, but I have seen me target myself while running around in aim mode (not cursor) with my weapon/finder at relaxed position. I think it has only happened in 3rd person though.

The LOS is a bit weird in 3rd person. It's like it uses your camera for targeting but then does an LOS to avatar's eye (weapon?) to check for shooting. Try zooming out about half way rotating your camera up a bit (like 40 degrees from level) and run. That's what I was doing when I first noticed targeting myself (before I understood it was my attachments causing it).

Anyway I am just asking/speculating about this causing a problem with blocked shots. I am not trying to say that it is definitely happening.

P.S. I tested it with an amp on my matterfinder and confirmed that you can pull off an hp bar just like with an attachment on a weapon.

ty for the info, Simon ! :thumbup:

There's a bug now, though - when running around in third person. All of a sudden, even though you've not done anything - it'll flash your NAME/RANK/SOC INFO across the screen for just a split second.

It does this randomly and it cannot be stopped. It flashes approximately 5-10 times a minute and really ruined running around in third person for me.

Leave it to something trivial to make this damned game even more annoying lol

Back