Hurrah, POLICE force?

Chimp

Prowler
Nathan Chimp Second
I happened to get bored and wander into Arrivals tonight.

Fortunately, there was an official policeman there.

He proceded to insult my Soc and my honour for daring to suggest he might not be sanctioned; then informed me he is an rl policeman.

Sadly, being encumbered by vigi, he was unable to either arrest me or meet my satisfaction in the Octogon.

If anyone happens to see him, please inform him where I can be found so that he can serve his warrant, or possibly privately stand in the ring with me so my honour may be satisfied.

Isn't it nice to know we finally have a sanctioned police force :D

does he say that he was sanctioned by MA? don't see that anywhere in your screenshots.
or are you just joking?

I don't see what's wrong either?

Oddest place to position yourself if you're going to pretend to be something Ma sanctioned isn't it..the only place you're likely to see any real MA staffers, the guides?

t

Next time you hear about a scam, report it to these guys and see what they can do about it, being the "one and only police force" in EU.

Try to do it in the next 2 days though, before the soc is disbanded for having too low a member count :)

Next time you hear about a scam, report it to these guys and see what they can do about it, being the "one and only police force" in EU.

Try to do it in the next 2 days though, before the soc is disbanded for having too low a member count :)

Still, I don't see any scam there, to me it just seems like a bit of role-playing. Hell, he might even have been a part of your very interesting "escaped convict"-event, Oleg

Well as per his armour. More a Vigilante group than a PD.

Trying to be the Police of EU is like trying to be a Pseudo Cop in Texas or Alabama. 'Stop or I'll shoot....' , Yeah you'll shoot but 50 others will shoot back at you. hehe.

Note: People in Alabama and Texas are 'allegedly' well endowed with things that shoot back. But since i'm not from the US we'll just say their fictional states. OK.

what a strange way to try and become uinique

I think it wouyld be better to have a sherriff who at least has the skills and equipment to uphold the law.

In the lawless wastelands of Eudoria it isn't very safe trying to arrest people when your quick draw is slower than theirs and when you pull out a 22 calibre they show you their 44 magnum.

I'm no uber, but if this guy tried to arrest me in a pvp zone he'd soon be back at a revive.

Haha, weird, though hes not really doing anything wrong, seems to just be having some fun with roleplaying.

lol they have those fake police in SL, except they're alot more serious and still just as useless.
Funny post :laugh:

I'm no uber, but if this guy tried to arrest me in a pvp zone he'd soon be back at a revive.

I'd probably die laughing first. Then revive, return and pkpk :D

From reading the snippet of chat in the pic, I was under the impression that some rent-a-cop was telling the guy in Vigilante to move along or else. :rolleyes:

Well, if he is sanctioned as an EU PD, then he has something in common with most (not all) of the police force worldwide - Arrogance, Elitism, and an overall contempt for the populace they are supposed to protect. :laugh:

I cant see whats wrong with what this guy and his soc are trying to do? Its even an option for societies to have an aim as "uphold the law". Seems to me these guys are taking that on in a roleplay kind of way. As long as they can do this without insulting people i cant see a problem. Infact the only person i can see acting like a policeman is you by telling him he will get banned by MA for this lol ;)

what a strange way to try and become uinique

LOL, I thought it was great!

Rule in soc "Uphold The Law!"

:laugh:

If he wants to role play being Judge Dredd, so what?

He wasnt doing anything wrong was he?

Still, I don't see any scam there, to me it just seems like a bit of role-playing. Hell, he might even have been a part of your very interesting "escaped convict"-event, Oleg

I think you missed my point.

If he wants to stop crime, or protect us against it, then his targets should be the scammers and hackers. That's the only crime in EU (bad loot doesn't count hehe). If he can do something about it, good on him, but I very much doubt he can.

If he wants to stop crime, or protect us against it, then his targets should be the scammers and hackers. That's the only crime in EU (bad loot doesn't count hehe). If he can do something about it, good on him, but I very much doubt he can.

Oh, but he can chase scammers around with a unstopping flurry of opallo shots!!!!
:D

Yeah I did. It was early in the morning. Maybe I also missed the thread starters point..nvm

Yeah I did. It was early in the morning. Maybe I also missed the thread starters point..nvm

Dont worry, Im still trying to see his point also :laugh:

Or maybe just to post on something unusual maybe.

:)

Gratz on your new rank in probing.

lol funny check back in a week or 2 it wont be there lol.. :D

:D

He just made me wonder why he was hanging around arrivals (where the n00b's arrive, y'kno).

That and he managed to annoy me...I'm rather good at annoying people back ;P

Got nothing against anyone calling their Soc POLICE if they go wander round PA or twin and play supercop with the scammers. Little more curious about their motives if they are running up to new arrivals and PM'ing them. Very curious if they have a go at me before I've even opened my mouth (which is really not a good idea because I just have a go back).

Of course I may have inadvertantly exposed some clever sting operation involving recruiting n00b's...but I think the Soc name POLICE would kinda give them away.

Yes, I brought up the 'official' and 'sanction'. And it makes sense if you realise I was being sacrastic.

If I was remotely concerned about it I would have sent a support. I didn't.

I just created a thread and took the micky out of it.

Wouldn't even have noticed him if he hadn't started with the 'honour' thing.

...and I really do think he looked all cute in his Vigi with his tt pistol.

I have absolutely no idea if it was a tt pistol btw...but that sounds funnier.

Pretending to be kinda MA official is potentially harmful!
Ofc, this doesnt mean it actually has to be harmful!

Just imagine a noob trying to report something (attempted scam, stuff like that), and the "police officer" asks the noob to hand him the item "to track it's ID down in the system" or something...

Yes, i think soc names implying you can trust them beyond any "normal" soc should be banned!
Same as irl, weaing a police officers uniform is prohibited for a good reason!
(Dunno if that applies to every country though)

Respect my authoritah!

Nice one!

And maybe someone can enlighten me, doesn't the first screenie clearly show a "ban you again"?
So, this guy caused already trouble in the past?

For sure not the type'o'guy i'd want to have as "prefect of police" then...

Pretending to be kinda MA official is potentially harmful!...

To be fair, he didn't; I'm merely taking the concept a logical stage further...

And maybe someone can enlighten me, doesn't the first screenie clearly show a "ban you again"?
So, this guy caused already trouble in the past?...

Ahhh...didn't pay attention to the text I'd screenied with it. At that point I was fishing.

Didn't deny it, strangely enough though. And in a rather lame defence, I will say that earlier comments by others led me to add the bait :ahh:

Was really wrong of me to include it in the screenie. In future I will pay more attention to text before posting.

There are only 2 real policemen ingame :
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Ah, now I got the (secret) message that the thread starter is trying to convey.

Of course I may have inadvertantly exposed some clever sting operation involving recruiting n00b's...but I think the Soc name POLICE would kinda give them away.

I also met that Police guy. I was hanging out with some Russians at Atlas haven, when my diciple, Roxanne Sexybabe redlight, sent me a Message: "In a bottle, how much sweat is there?" I just replied one sweat per bottle. I LOL'ed about her noobishness for a while, and then suddenly this police guy said out of the blue: "Hey, don't stand so close to me, go away" This is the conversation that followed:
Me: I'm not standing next to you, what do you mean, All this time I've been standing over here
Police guy: You still touch me
Me: I don't think I touched you, but if you say so, it's probably me, whatever.
Police guy: If you keep doing that I will arrest you.
Me: Lol, you couldn't arrest me you noob.
Police guy: Oh yeah? Meet me in the PvP, and I will crush you, I am the King of pain.
Me: Ok, let's do it
Police guy: I don't have time now, we'll be together tomorrow in the pvp ring, then I will kill you.
Me: Ok, tomorrow we'll see.
Police guy: Yeah, tomorrow is a brand new day

And then he left.

Anybody else got the secret message of this thread?

LMAO at police guy.:laugh:

Is it just me who can see the problem here?

If this guy walks up to newbies and tell them they have "broken" a rule or something and that they have to pay a fine (say 5PED) or "suffer the consequenses"... Well some newbies would pay him.

Is it just me who can see the problem here?

If this guy walks up to newbies and tell them they have "broken" a rule or something and that they have to pay a fine (say 5PED) or "suffer the consequenses"... Well some newbies would pay him.

I wonder if you have "hit the nail on the head?"

Back