I Am New!!

Meager

Hatchling
Hey hey! So i have been reading some of the posts on here and it kinda sucks to find out that Sweating is no longer an option for N00bs like me to make a few PED. ( For now i guess)
I have been researching this game for last day or 2 and i am currently downloading the client.

I really do not think giving up 10-15 bucks just get get a little head start is not the end of the world. I mean look at WOW, 15 a month! Or even a game like guild wars where its free to play but you still need to Drop 30 bucks get the games.

Either way playing games cost money,and i think the bussiness model presented here is a great one. I can deposit 5 dollars if i wanted too or nothing at all, and thats way better than an automatic withdraw of 15 a month or whatever.

And if you are really strapped for cash i did read in these forums that someone is putting on quest/contests for noobs to get a few PED, so its a great thing!

All i am saying is that it's not that bad in my opinion! Cheer up! Enjoy the fact that this community seems very helpful and kind! :)

I'm old

btw, don't compare EU to WoW or simular. EU is not a game in any sence a non EU player knows.
Just try it out, most likely a wow/everycrack/... player won't stay cause EU is addicting in another way.

I welcome you to this community, and too FPC.

Dont worry, you will have a lot to do, before sweating, fruit and stone collecting is back.

We have a great world to explore, and lots of teleporters to gather even before you start to sweat or even deposit a few $...

welcome!

A positive attitude and a willingness to research go a LONG ways towards enjoying and being successful here. I think you will do well.

Welcome to Calypso :)

narfi

Stay and play for 2 months, then post again. I'll be greatly interested in how your opinion has changed, if you last that long.

Reactions: RR1
Welcome to EU and the forum ;)

Dont worry - sweating will be back once the Mindforce abilities are reinstated ;)

Good luck ;)

C

5$ = 50 Ped

A basic beginner pistol/rilfe is about 3 PED to buy.
You could start out with a simple Pixie Harness as protection, and hunt
small mobs. You will explore and get a feel of it (you cant hunt big mobs with
low skills anyway!), so 5$ (even if 10-15$ is a better start) can be enough
for you to see if this game is for you.

Heya welcome to Calypso! :yay::yay::yay:

You really seem to have the right attitude. Its the pay and go nature of entropia which is great. I've been in for several years now only casually playing with several breaks and don't think I've put in what my account is actually worth so take it easy, chill, chat explore, deposit what you are happy with, remember the price of a pint or the cost of the cinema and enjoy the world.

I'd say you've maybe picked a not ideal time to join as currently theres a lot of bug ironing going on and not all the game has been re implemented on the new engine yet.

I'd DEFINITELY take it easy for the next month or so and take everything you experience with a pinch of salt. Explore, make friends, maybe find a soc or a mentor and read read read! It's a shame sweatings out for now as thats often a good way to meet other new comers.

Above all have fun and if you stay, remember to say hi to me when I eventually get back on to Planet Calypso! :wtg:

Wistrel

Wow all these responses sooo quick! Thanks to all of you guys!

I can tell this game is way differnt then any other MMO ( WOW etc..) and its a good thing! And i will be taking my time with it for sure!

Thank you again guys!
:wtg:

I suggest joing a newbie soc. I would say find a mentor but that is temporarily disabled. There are some good ones around and they will help you get started and teach you the basics of the game.

Also read Alices guides great bit of info in there to be read on. They are links to them on the homepage on the left hand column.

Good luck on Planet Calypso (formerly EU)

Welcome. :)

Sweating, or something like it, will be back. I recommend you spend the next couple weeks exploring and finding a good mentor and society to join. Right now, exploring is probably the best thing to do, anyway. :laugh:

All i am saying is that it's not that bad in my opinion! Cheer up! Enjoy the fact that this community seems very helpful and kind! :)

good luck :) if you see me ingame just say hi ;)

Stay and play for 2 months, then post again. I'll be greatly interested in how your opinion has changed, if you last that long.

shh... sound more positive :D let the guy form his own opinion before coming with the "if you last that long" comments :whiner:

so 5$ (even if 10-15$ is a better start) can be enough for you to see if this game is for you.

the minimum amount you can deposit (at least via VISA) is 10$ though :wise:

can last you for some time if you play smart :)

Wellcome to Calypso

Dear Friend:

WOW is only a game, but EU is more than a game. EU is a virtual world. EU is like a real life but more exciting. Here, you must to work very hard and you need to win friends and social relationships (inside a good society), if not, then you will "die". It is really difficult to survive here but real life is very similar. A little of rich men and a lot of poor men, very similar. Money is real here. You can win a lot of money a very few times, but you can loose a lot of money almost always,,,however you have dreams all time here!

Wellcome to Calypso :yay:

And i will be taking my time with it for sure!

Just sent you a PM (Private Message on Entropia Forum, check "your notifications" in right top corner).
Could show you around for an hour or 2 right now if you wish :cool:

Helloooo!

lots of nice people here as you already see..

try to keep the W*W word to a minimum ;) lol

There's a list of all the new SGA guides on EU's website so if you end up not knowing who to ask about something , keep a look out for them, they are all hungry for questions :) (it keeps them busy) :D,

Hi!

sounds like you and i are in the same boat. i just started as well,attracted by the Vu10 launch. do lotta reading first, i settled on roughly following blawkhawks guide for new person, after my own research it seemed to make sense. as several have pointed out, try not to get frustrated, for time being do teleporter runs like i am. i also deposited a small amount so i could do some light hunting along the way to make things more interesting.

anyway, good lucK!

i am a noob to, started last saturday spent the first few hours reading tutorial on the main site the tutorials forum here, wonder why none of them seem to jive with what i was reading about the options menu and sweating and such until i wandered onto the general forum that mentioned about sweating and other skills and stuff being disabled. *facepalm*

So by that time i had died a bit while out trying to get the right click options to work and trying to setup my ui and find the buttons and junk, meanwhile i read that dying in EU was good helped raise skills, which is good cause mobs will chase you forever, so you will be dying.

So having my initial plans destroyed of sweating a bit getting some cash up then depositing some funds to start off, i went to a nice secluded place and proceeded to commit suicide, resurrect, tab out read the forums about weapons, hunting trying to figure out when i did put money in what i needed to buy and what best to spend my funds on, tab back in go out die again, go read some more.

After spending a good chunk of my first day suiciding over i had my evasion to an uber 20 and the skill up was getting slower on the noobie mobs, so i went jogging east across the continent, found a new outpost and when i tried to keep going east well them nasty dinosaurs and stuffs kept killing me but my evasion and other skills were leveling nicely, so i stayed there a bit leveld up some defensive skills more, then i followed the road south from there and went jogging all the way down to the se spaceport town, after dying and ending up there and one or two other outposts along the way.

Took me so long to run out that way i was just happy to have a handy teleporter back to noob land, going east more seemed to be an exercise in futility with the nasty mobs 2 hitting me and aggroing at long range and scores of them to try and get around.

either way i had a TP location i was read up enough my defensive skills were not too shabby to go neked hunting in noobie land so i went back to the port after reading about swamp camp for noob sweating seemed like a good general area to check out, dropped in a minimum deposit, bought me a trader sword and opal and got me some ammo.

i will not lie hunting was not going so well i was not dying much even naked but loot drops were not keeping up with the costs to repair my sword and buy ammo, tho i was going heavily sword, cause well i like swords i own a sword in rl soo even after all the advice on the forums to avoid swords because of the costs to keep them up i still had to try.

So after my funds dried up i found a new place had my handy healy ball thing so my defensive death farming was going faster at lest, until my healy ball finally ran out of durability. but lest got my defense up to into the 60s and had gained new levels in a bunch of skills.

So i put another min deposit in was going to do a bit more but the cap was reached so lest i could repair my stuff and this time around i did not have to outright buy stuff so i was a tad bit ahead, drops were going a bit better, gunnery skills were getting up so i could kill the easier mobs with that and use sword to finish off the harder mobs.

So look at it this way i spent 5 more than a sub for your typical mmo, on top of that your typical mmo your going to spend 50 bucks on get a free month of play for your 50, and even guild wars if you bought the expansions new they were all 50 bucks so all 4 GW expansions you were looking at about 200 bucks. you can do the math for wow + expansions plus subscription fees and there are no discounts for the wow expansions.

Yea this game takes some investment, yea if you going to try and make it as a hunter you need to get lucky with drops you can make money with a good drop or you can lose out big, tho from the other professions they seem kind of the same.

But the difference between this and other mmos, if you do stick with it, if you do read up etc and do get a bit lucky now and again, eventually you can buy uber l33t stuff or you can horde your moneys and withdraw your deposits, sell your skills (when they fix that) so concieveably you can make money on this game by doing stuff and you do not have to sell your character you just convert your peds into $ and if you get things down continue to make more peds to flip to $.

SO we are a bit boned atm without the freebie stuff to do if we do have a bad run or runs, but they will be back eventually. i cant wait to try swunting to see if it makes me break even more or even makes me a bit extra. so maybe by next month i can try that out. in the mean time i am going to see how far my peds last me how long i can keep hunting, and level skills up so when i can sweat i can evade and kill stuff while i do it.

Greetings new one enjoy your stay :headbang:

I absolutely agree with you when you say:
"I really do not think giving up 10-15 bucks just to get a little head is not the end of the world. "

It's been my philosph.... wait...wut? Head Start??? Oh nevermind...

Welcome to EU :)

Wahey, lucky guys, It's not often Marco gets out the welcome wagon personally.

But the difference between this and other mmos, if you do stick with it, if you do read up etc and do get a bit lucky now and again, eventually you can buy uber l33t stuff or you can horde your moneys and withdraw your deposits, sell your skills (when they fix that) so concieveably you can make money on this game by doing stuff and you do not have to sell your character you just convert your peds into $ and if you get things down continue to make more peds to flip to $.

This sounds like an interesting game, care to share which one your playing? :scratch2:

I think this one less i misinterperting the "Withdraw" button in the vault interface and the web page.

granted EU does not always seem bound by the laws of logic and i am noob so i could be wrong. but all the money in game is real dollars that they get a rake off your deposit and whatever you buy from the traders, they probably make a mint on ammo buys alone. but all other transactions are between players real cash values for goods and services.

second life probably pioneered the whole real world in a game real money stuff and got very popular doing it, running "real" businesses inside the game making real money, heck even some big corporations bought into second life for advertising. and some people made good dollars doing stuff in that game from what i understand, i never played it did not look like my kinda game, tho when i heard you could go around shooting people i almost was tempted to sign up.

second life probably pioneered the whole real world in a game real money stuff and got very popular doing it, running "real" businesses inside the game making real money, heck even some big corporations bought into second life for advertising. and some people made good dollars doing stuff in that game from what i understand, i never played it did not look like my kinda game, tho when i heard you could go around shooting people i almost was tempted to sign up.

I've been playing this game since Second Life wasn't even around, so no - Second Life didn't pioneer it, they were just the first to get mainstream popularity in doing it.

Why do you two sound like an "infomercial"? This seems very scripted to me.
:scratch2:

Hey hey! So i have been reading some of the posts on here and it kinda sucks to find out that Sweating is no longer an option for N00bs like me to make a few PED. ( For now i guess)
I have been researching this game for last day or 2 and i am currently downloading the client.

I really do not think giving up 10-15 bucks just get get a little head start is not the end of the world. I mean look at WOW, 15 a month! Or even a game like guild wars where its free to play but you still need to Drop 30 bucks get the games.

Either way playing games cost money,and i think the bussiness model presented here is a great one. I can deposit 5 dollars if i wanted too or nothing at all, and thats way better than an automatic withdraw of 15 a month or whatever.

And if you are really strapped for cash i did read in these forums that someone is putting on quest/contests for noobs to get a few PED, so its a great thing!

i am a noob to, started last saturday spent the first few hours reading tutorial on the main site the tutorials forum here, wonder why none of them seem to jive with what i was reading about the options menu and sweating and such until i wandered onto the general forum that mentioned about sweating and other skills and stuff being disabled. *facepalm*

So by that time i had died a bit while out trying to get the right click options to work and trying to setup my ui and find the buttons and junk, meanwhile i read that dying in EU was good helped raise skills, which is good cause mobs will chase you forever, so you will be dying.

So having my initial plans destroyed of sweating a bit getting some cash up then depositing some funds to start off, i went to a nice secluded place and proceeded to commit suicide, resurrect, tab out read the forums about weapons, hunting trying to figure out when i did put money in what i needed to buy and what best to spend my funds on, tab back in go out die again, go read some more.

After spending a good chunk of my first day suiciding over i had my evasion to an uber 20 and the skill up was getting slower on the noobie mobs, so i went jogging east across the continent, found a new outpost and when i tried to keep going east well them nasty dinosaurs and stuffs kept killing me but my evasion and other skills were leveling nicely, so i stayed there a bit leveld up some defensive skills more, then i followed the road south from there and went jogging all the way down to the se spaceport town, after dying and ending up there and one or two other outposts along the way.

Took me so long to run out that way i was just happy to have a handy teleporter back to noob land, going east more seemed to be an exercise in futility with the nasty mobs 2 hitting me and aggroing at long range and scores of them to try and get around.

either way i had a TP location i was read up enough my defensive skills were not too shabby to go neked hunting in noobie land so i went back to the port after reading about swamp camp for noob sweating seemed like a good general area to check out, dropped in a minimum deposit, bought me a trader sword and opal and got me some ammo.

i will not lie hunting was not going so well i was not dying much even naked but loot drops were not keeping up with the costs to repair my sword and buy ammo, tho i was going heavily sword, cause well i like swords i own a sword in rl soo even after all the advice on the forums to avoid swords because of the costs to keep them up i still had to try.

So after my funds dried up i found a new place had my handy healy ball thing so my defensive death farming was going faster at lest, until my healy ball finally ran out of durability. but lest got my defense up to into the 60s and had gained new levels in a bunch of skills.

So i put another min deposit in was going to do a bit more but the cap was reached so lest i could repair my stuff and this time around i did not have to outright buy stuff so i was a tad bit ahead, drops were going a bit better, gunnery skills were getting up so i could kill the easier mobs with that and use sword to finish off the harder mobs.

So look at it this way i spent 5 more than a sub for your typical mmo, on top of that your typical mmo your going to spend 50 bucks on get a free month of play for your 50, and even guild wars if you bought the expansions new they were all 50 bucks so all 4 GW expansions you were looking at about 200 bucks. you can do the math for wow + expansions plus subscription fees and there are no discounts for the wow expansions.

Yea this game takes some investment, yea if you going to try and make it as a hunter you need to get lucky with drops you can make money with a good drop or you can lose out big, tho from the other professions they seem kind of the same.

SO we are a bit boned atm without the freebie stuff to do if we do have a bad run or runs, but they will be back eventually. i cant wait to try swunting to see if it makes me break even more or even makes me a bit extra. so maybe by next month i can try that out. in the mean time i am going to see how far my peds last me how long i can keep hunting, and level skills up so when i can sweat i can evade and kill stuff while i do it.

Why do you two sound like an "infomercial"? This seems very scripted to me.
:scratch2:

I think you are taking the fact that new guys turn up filling the n00bs forum with very positive posts and get greetings from the CEO as a conspiracy of some kind?

Everyday happening mate ;)

Welcome to EU and EF newbies forgive us when we're a little paranoid :rolleyes: that's easier to skill than evade sometimes ;)

t

Welcome to the forum and to EU.
You have a very positive attidute regarding this game.
There are a lot of :whiner: s

Welcome :yay: Hope u enjoy your stay here at Calypso and EF :laugh:

In my opinion, you can get much more out from this game if you treat it as MMO with monthly fee. That means, you deposit every month that "monthly fee" even though there isn't one ;)

Most of the MMO's cost 13-15 USD/Euro per month. If euro is your currency then you can deposit quite nice money per month. For example with current exchange rates 20 USD = 14 euros (193 peds).

Just my 2 cents.

Welcome to EF and EU, i hope you'll enjoy your stay in both :yay:

Back