I want to go fishing.

Status
If this game is really a virtual universe, then it should have all the things that are there in the real universe. This is a very good topic : Fishing. It is already there in WoW.

Great idea, fishing could be fun (and different from just shooting or hacking up rippersnappers). The loot would be in the form of fish products. What functions would this loot have? You could make a form of nutrio bar with higher food value than the present ones (because there would be some costs associated with fishing, to buy the gear which will decay, bait, lures, etc.). Also, you could load up your special Rep Gun with fish products and, like shooting dung, you could deliver a virtual trout-slap to another avatar, producing a cloud of flies around them for a few hours. ;) It all ties together sooo nice... :laugh:

I still want to go fishing... where do we get rippersnapper nets?

Give me a fishing pole!!! or let me craft one :D , it would be a nice activity during lunch :D

Other Calypso fishes has allready been designed...

fishies.JPG

As you see other fishes are allready made... found them on this site!

While reading this tread.. ;)

Last edited:
And chuck in PVP area so people with submarines can blow each other up.

Fishing ... that would be fun :)

Fishing would be fun indeed, but only if I can catch a squale and tame it :laugh:

fishing would be nice.... :)

Other Calypso fishes has allready been designed...

fishies.JPG

As you see other fishes are allready made... found them on this site!

While reading this tread.. ;)

Cool pictures, guess with the whales we would need bigger boats and spears.:)

Agreed. I've mentioned this to a few people already ;)

Would love to see a whole fishing economy emerge.

perhaps a new feature for the newcomers & all depositers?

People start with a non decayable, spear. its max damage is 1. but there is other more "uber" spears for people that are willing to pay for it.

With this spear noobs can catch fishes instead of the boring sweating ;)

Curses! I was just thinking this myself!
If fishing is added - and I don't even mind waiting for CE2 to do it, there needs to be a basic rod available from the TT so everyone can participate.

I don't like the idea of fishing probes - "fish finders" only add even more cost to an already expensive habit! Craftable rods is a fine idea though - with added distance and line strengths for higher "level" rods.

Boats - ok I guess, doubly so if they can only be used by their owners, but can carry passengers.

Among the potential - I can see additional textures and materials for crafting made from fishing, as well as future events and competitions.

Adding new fish mobs would be a relatively simply thing to do - since the base model (RipperSnappers) already exist along with viable animations that could easily be reused. I could remodel RS's into a dozen different fish in couple days (yes, I'm a Max monkey in my spare time).

Breathing Under Water:
This falls into the same category as jumping off of mountains (or the 4th floor balcony of Twin Peaks Mall) and walking away unharmed.... not really that big of deal to me. Though changing the underwater aspect adds the potential for a new set of Tools - air tanks, diving masks, flashlights, and depth gauges, as well at the potential for new clothing items (wet suits, flippers), as well as gives the possibility of making the Orca armors actually worth the effort to produce!

Flashlights:
Granted right now they'd be pretty useless - it's always a nice summer's day on Calypso. Granted this could be explained by a strange rotation, multiple suns, or any other astronomical anomaly, but we also know this is going to change with CE2 - we've already seen day and night pictures.

I'm also hoping that there be a difference between day and night in both the mobs and their behaviors. Some mobs might disappear at night to be replaced by others. While pre-existing mobs might change their behaviors - such as becoming more or less aggressive at night or by day.

Flashlights will become invaluable in this new environment.

And along those lines, the introduction of day and night also opens a window of opportunity for other new tools: Infra-red goggles, Night Vision goggles, and for hunters - infra-red and night-vision scopes.

It would also be a tremendous improvement to allow for the use of both day and night visibility and the use of camouflage in evading mobs. We have radar. Mobs should not. Animals and other less intelligent creatures should not just simply "know" where we are. They should have to see or otherwise sense us. I can accept some measure of "unnatural sensory perceptions" for some alien species - but all of them? C'mon, you can do better than that.

But I diverge a bit - I fully support the notion of fishing as a profession.

See my thread "New Professions" for more!

~Indigo

I dont think this will happen but its a nice idea...

To complicated
Okay you catch a fish, do you then have to kill it with your gun?
what skill would you get for catching it, ahh so now you need fishing skills like baiting hook and reeling in...

I would like to see MA introduce slot machines in the game.
You insert a ped and pull the lever
This way if your to lazy to go on a 2 hour mining run or you dont have enough ped to buy a L gun for tt+100000
you can settle for the slot machine...

:yay:

It only took 2 years ;)

Well.. Queen...when you come back ingame there will be some new Fishes to fish at least....

There are now implemented, four new Sea Creatures;

Calypsocod

Leviathan

Razortooth

Sonic Squid

The Sonic Squid and the Calypsocod seems to be on the photo I posted in my last post in this thread. ;)

Nice to notice that more sea creatures is implemted. :yay:

UberNecro!
Post it in the Ubers section, to get fame. :laugh:

Status
Back