I'm back now

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
First off, I'd like to say that 711 was completely and fully justified in temp-banning me for my rant post. He did the absolute right thing. No, I did not ask him to ban me. He made that choice on his own and I support it 100%. Upon finding the next day I was banned, I was not surprised in the least. Also, yes, I still have my moderator position and 711 has made it clear that I am still welcome on his mod staff. I am also under no illusion that that position is contingent upon continued proper behavior on my part.

However, due to my position as a moderator, I do need to say a few things regarding that post.

Some have asked for an apology for my outburst. Do I apologize? Yes and no.

The reason for my ban (I'm guessing) was because of the name-calling and general tone. Comments such as:
Fucking whiny {removed}, the whole bunch of you.
were way out of line and I should not have done that. For that, I do apologize.

As for the general issue of being upset over the excessive negativity, I do not apologize at all. But in that post, I went against my usual nature. As I've said, "It ain't what you say, it's how you say it". I've commented on this same issue before but in a much more civil manner. In my anger I lost that civility.

I also need to comment on a few of the outcomes from that post. I mentioned in anger that I was tempted to leave the game and forum. In reply, folks like Dr.D.C. said in essence to go ahead and leave. (No, he wasn't the only one, simply the first to respond about that, so I'm using him as an example. No malicious intent meant toward him at all.)

Consider that for a moment. It's one thing for us to lose players because of frustration over the RCE aspect. Like any form of entertainment, (or financial activity) this game is not for everyone. To lose those players is unfortunate, but I understand.

But, to lose players who honestly would prefer to keep playing because they are sick of hearing others bitching, moaning and whining so much is a completely other story.

Those folks wanted to stay. To continue playing. To deposit and support this game.

And some in this community are chasing them away. That is not the fault of MA, that is our fault as a community and specifically those who do those things.

If you truly left this game, please do not infect the forums, trying to stop others from playing. That shows a vindictive, hateful and troubling nature. I can not for the life of me understand leaving a game, then wasting my time trying to drag it down.

If you are still playing (as I hope we all are) then regardless of our frustrations, encouraging other players to leave is not what we should be doing. We do ourselves no favors in this action. If you find yourself unable to recommend this game to your friends, that fine. But don't actively try to force other players out.

NOTE: The above comment was NOT aimed toward Dr.D.C. but to the community at large and specifically certain forum members well known for their comments.

As for my actions as a moderator, yes, I will continue as before, prior to my outburst. I take personal responsibility about some of the excess negativity here. In an attempt to allow more "freedom", I've been more lenient in moderating those posts, thinking that since we're a community of adults, that we will all act as such. I am forced to concede that I will have to be more harsh on certain actions from now on.

Since I became mod, I've handled over 2,000 reported actions and PM'd requests. Everything from fixing spelling errors in thread titles to spam bots, and everything else. Some of you have not liked what I've done (usually because I moderated a few of your posts). I can't please everyone, but I will continue along with my fellow moderators in trying to help this forum and by extension, the affected Entropia community.

just out of curiosity are you paid for modding?

welcome back

ps: i m an active player, depositer since 2006, and the creator of many tools entropia related in: www.entropiabay.com. Then i m super far away to be considered someone that push people to leave. But ofc you didn t wrote all that for me, i got it.

I would also suggest you to edit your post and add some excuses to people that whining about that event. Turn out that they were not totally wrong after all.

keep the good work going on.

DC

Last edited:
just out of curiosity are you paid for modding?

Officially no.

However, for full disclosure, the mods were recently rewarded with a quad(L), thruster(L) and one CLD.

That is the only financial compensation I've ever received for being being a mod, and I believe the same is true for all other mods as well.

Gratz on finally having enough of the BS that is posted here.

Welcome back! :)

Dr. If you go back through that thread, you'll notice the problem was not the issue of who won, which was a legit issue that got resolved, but the completely useless complaints about MA making an event for inactive players to begin with.

And with that, hopefully that subject is put to rest and we can move on.

And yes D.C., I know you're an active member in the community and I appreciate your efforts. So hopefully you can forgive being used as an example for the issue of chasing off other players.

Dr. If you go back through that thread, you'll notice the problem was not the issue of who won, which was a legit issue that got resolved, but the completely useless complaints about MA making an event for inactive players to begin with.

And with that, hopefully that subject is put to rest and we can move on.

And yes D.C., I know you're an active member in the community and I appreciate your efforts. So hopefully you can forgive being used as an example for the issue of chasing off other players.

buddy there is no personal issue here. I m really happy that you back. I appreciate many of your threads here around. I have also a better signature now thx to u (just for fun)
About the useless complaints, you see i guess it s just this problem: if some one write "all in eu is fine" then he is a good fan, if someone write "hey i don t like this at all" then he is whining, cry like a baby, it s not a game for you, you are a vomit, yours is a useless complain etcetc .
A part that all the people that write those epitomes (correct?) to another player should be banned right away in my opinion, i guess a little bit more of respect for who has not the same opinion should be appropriate. Many players are super active, huge depositor and love the game also if some or many times they don t like the MA decisions.
Probably life is not all black or white......

But like i said, let close this and welcome back.

DC

Welcome back :) - At times it can be hard to keep a civilized tone when others continuously dont tread one the same. Whenever i feel that someone gets under my skin with unproper behaviour i take a step back, breath through or even sleep a night over before spending my time to reply. I have always liked your moderating style, so good go on keeping it up :D

Welcome back. It's a hard job moderating genuine player frustrations vs overt deliberate negativity. I think many players including myself get frustrated with decisions MA makes at times, more so because the game has real money involved and losses can incite much anger in players.
On a whole we aim to stay civil, but frustrations boil over in part due to communication difficulties with MA and the developers. I guess many of us don't know where else to vent our frustrations other than the main discussion forums. But respect to you having to keep the masses civil.

Cheers
Bjorn

Free John Capital!

Welcome back, I personally enjoyed your burst of freedom ;)

Welcome back! :wtg:

Let the.... moderation begin! :laugh:

Welcome back JC, i hope you enjoyed ur rest. I would of thought Wizzszz would of welcome back his fav Mod, but then i noticed its his turn to be banned. :laugh:

Always liked your style JC, glad to see u back!

On a side note, Dr.D.C.'s sig would be considered trolling (in it's most severe form: trolling the moderator) on most forums out there. I know he's not a bad guy, he's only testing the boundaries. I would take it easy and ban him for a while... both at the same time. ;)

welcome back JC

:yay::wtg:

beeing a mod here I guess is a very hard job, I really dont want to swap with you :silly2:

try to not let it come too close to you, dont take it personal

Welcome back.

No criticism from me for losing your temper, it can happen. My picture "showing you the door" I would have posted to anyone making a post of the sort you did - threatening to leave the forum and the game.

As you are a moderator, I expected it to be deleted anyway - you have been getting a bit more "delete happy" on posts of late - usually for reason 2.2.

I think you probably needed a week off, perhaps you even enjoyed the break. :)

Welcome back John. I applaud you Sir for your tenacity, humility and of course your humanity.

WB JC im glad to se u are not leaving us m8, u done a very good job here imo.
I havent followed what happend here lately but i sure u didnt do anything with out a reasson anyway ;)

Hey welcome back John, everyone snaps when the frustration gets too strong.
So this was just you being human :yup:

Welcome back John, looking at the reaction of people here something funny comes to my mind:)

There was a person here..I think Wizz or something, that you and 711 warned him several time for being so negative and such, basicaly by repeatedly braking the rules

Now seeing all the people that agree with the statement that everyone craks once in a while...I am thinking that the respective person has a weak cracking point and he haven;t been treated so nicely by the community

Just saying.....:)

Welcome back :beerchug:

Wizz or something

You're thinking about wizzszz (currently banned), not to be confused with Wizz (good guy afaik) or Wizze (much newer guy) :silly2:

EDIT: Just saw "Posts 13,370"

tha' means I'm like some elite (1337, leet) postah foh sho! :pimp:

Last edited:
Welcome fucking back!:D

Welcome back, John :)

If you truly left this game, please do not infect the forums, trying to stop others from playing. That shows a vindictive, hateful and troubling nature. I can not for the life of me understand leaving a game, then wasting my time trying to drag it down.

Ah, that's the same motivation that drives some people to waste months if not years spreading rumors about their exes - they simply can't stand the thought that those can be happy without them :ahh:

Back