Is 200.000 Camels enough?

Oh and on another note, Kal!

You're worried if you can keep it - but did you ever had the thought, that you might never have been addicted????

I used to smoke - and I thought I was addicted, but I forgot my cig everywhere :scratch2: so basicly they smoked themselves up ...! I quit from one day to another and don't miss it! I later found out that I'm just not able to be addicted to anything, really. I tried several times to start smoking again (it helps you loosing weight etc :rolleyes:) but it's just not possible. I can't get addicted to alcohol either .. or ... other stuff like .. gambling ... *cough*

SO, maybe you're not really addcted other than in your mind ??? :scratch2:

You should make an acheivements thread for this.
Gratz!

SO, maybe you're not really addcted other than in your mind ??? :scratch2:

*jumps off the chair for a smoke*
*"oh yea, i don't smoke anymore"*
*sits down*
*sits down*
*sits down*
*sits down*
etc...

Seriously; remembering that i don't smoke is still the toughest part now (day 4)! Habits, habits... :laugh:

Julian said:
You should make an acheivements thread for this.
Gratz!

I think it whould be achievement when I have stopped thinking about smoking. If that time ever comes, I prolly forget to make such a thread. Tho, if I fail I promise to make "failed - negrep me to death!" thread :D

And when you return to bed for another run in the hay, you actually have the stamina for it plus your mouth don't taste like sh*te :laugh:
Stamina and potency...weee, I am glad I am female and will never have to deal with problems like that...myself only though :rolleyes:

Go for it Kal!!!!

4 weeks clear! :woohoo:

Just had to bragg a little. :silly2:

Im impressed Kal :)
Stick to it m8 :wtg:

lol read a bit to quick, i was like wtf you smoke camels as in the animal... thats odd.

but lol i guess thats it very good to quit both for health and money., so good job!

Whatever clicked go with it, wish I could :rolleyes:

South dakota usa (yes ppl live there lamo) just passed a law u can't smoke in bars or bussiness's any more... comes in affect july 1... so if u quit smoking come to south dakota or minnesota... :yay: (i do not smoke: :smoke:

Uhm

Another side effect: eat too much carrots and U might start to feel like one, and - shit treelogs due to the high amount of fibers U suddenly started consuming... :eek:

or get orange skin :D

South dakota usa (yes ppl live there lamo) just passed a law u can't smoke in bars or bussiness's any more... comes in affect july 1... so if u quit smoking come to south dakota or minnesota... :yay: (i do not smoke: :smoke:

A similar law was passed in my country this year. No smoking in any public places (like bars or restaurants). It sucks for most of my friends that have to get out of the bar when they want to smoke their cigs but I think is a good move to try to annoy more people into quitting.

Just smoke joints instead they are much better for you! ;P

I quit smoking cigs several years ago, still have cravings when drinking but i feel much better for it!

Maybe you have some new 'urges' / instinct bigger than smoking. It might be eating, sex, etc. :D

BUMP for smokers trying to quit...

fresco said:
imagine how much more peds you would get...

3k+ peds in my 1st no smokimg month I think.

Vortexy said:
Maybe you have some new 'urges' / instinct bigger than smoking. It might be eating, sex, etc. :D

Yep. I R bulimic BunnyHumpMinkMink(tm) nowadays. I'll draw myself and send the drawing to the new mob contest! Naturally I'll lose miserably but i keep fapping myself (until wife gets back from clinique where she gets her knees done with grapphite kneepads). And eating ofc.

Just a short message for peeps who are making a plan for makin a plan of a masterplan schedule of quitting:

Maybe it's not worth thinking so hard. Just quit - and if you fail, quit again. That's what I'm going to do if* I fail.

* FFS! Nothing in whole universe smells as good as a lady with just a very little, almost non existent aroma of okay perfume mixed with natural "ladyness", who just had a ciggie... MINKMINK!

Good going man, and just take 1 simple advice from an ex-quitter :)D) : do not under any circumstances have another cigarette, not even one.
I quit a few years back, easily. Just woke up one day and said screw this, I don't wanna smoke anymore. I lasted about six months until I was on a holiday and gave into drunken peer pressure. That one cig that night grew to 20 steady pretty quickly!
Planning to quit again soon, just waiting for the right day, when I wake up and say screw this...

bump for smokers who want to quit :yay:

Something I found that should help anyone give up tobacco for good:)

There has never been a documented case of lung cancer in a marijuana-only smoker, and recent studies find that marijuana use is not associated with any type of cancer. The same cannot be said for alcohol, which has been found to contribute to a variety of long-term negative health effects, including cancers and cirrhosis of the liver.

It could be interesting to note in the chart the difference between what people usually consider the most likely serious harms associated with marijuana and alcohol. While there has never been a documented case of lung cancer in a marijuana-only smoker, there are clearly thousands of deaths by liver disease directly associated with alcohol – 12,360 in 2003, to be exact. [See, http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/alcohol.htm . Note also on this page that “alcoholic liver disease” is a separate category from “alcohol-induced deaths, excluding accidents and homicides.” Thus the 20,687 cited in #2 (as “deaths from alcohol consumption” could easily be 33,047.]

Study Finds No Cancer-Marijuana Connection

By Marc Kaufman, Washington Post Staff Writer, Friday, May 26, 2006; Page A03

The largest study of its kind has unexpectedly concluded that smoking marijuana, even regularly and heavily, does not lead to lung cancer.

The new findings "were against our expectations," said Donald Tashkin of the University of California at Los Angeles, a pulmonologist who has studied marijuana for 30 years.

"We hypothesized that there would be a positive association between marijuana use and lung cancer, and that the association would be more positive with heavier use," he said. "What we found instead was no association at all, and even a suggestion of some protective effect."

Federal health and drug enforcement officials have widely used Tashkin's previous work on marijuana to make the case that the drug is dangerous. Tashkin said that while he still believes marijuana is potentially harmful, its cancer-causing effects appear to be of less concern than previously thought.

Earlier work established that marijuana does contain cancer-causing chemicals as potentially harmful as those in tobacco, he said. However, marijuana also contains the chemical THC, which he said may kill aging cells and keep them from becoming cancerous.

Tashkin's study, funded by the National Institutes of Health's National Institute on Drug Abuse, involved 1,200 people in Los Angeles who had lung, neck or head cancer and an additional 1,040 people without cancer matched by age, sex and neighborhood.

They were all asked about their lifetime use of marijuana, tobacco and alcohol. The heaviest marijuana smokers had lighted up more than 22,000 times, while moderately heavy usage was defined as smoking 11,000 to 22,000 marijuana cigarettes. Tashkin found that even the very heavy marijuana smokers showed no increased incidence of the three cancers studied.

"This is the largest case-control study ever done, and everyone had to fill out a very extensive questionnaire about marijuana use," he said. "Bias can creep into any research, but we controlled for as many confounding factors as we could, and so I believe these results have real meaning."

Tashkin's group at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA had hypothesized that marijuana would raise the risk of cancer on the basis of earlier small human studies, lab studies of animals, and the fact that marijuana users inhale more deeply and generally hold smoke in their lungs longer than tobacco smokers -- exposing them to the dangerous chemicals for a longer time. In addition, Tashkin said, previous studies found that marijuana tar has 50 percent higher concentrations of chemicals linked to cancer than tobacco cigarette tar.

While no association between marijuana smoking and cancer was found, the study findings, presented to the American Thoracic Society International Conference this week, did find a 20-fold increase in lung cancer among people who smoked two or more packs of cigarettes a day.

The study was limited to people younger than 60 because those older than that were generally not exposed to marijuana in their youth, when it is most often tried.

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729.html

Knowing there's a way out has to help:)

Hurrikane

BUMP for smokers trying to QUIT!!!:laugh:

BUMP for smokers trying to QUIT!!!

Bump for more efd don't you mean? Trolling, useless posts are not a good thing to be known for.

Hurrikane

Bump for more efd don't you mean? Trolling, useless posts are not a good thing to be known for.

Hurrikane

AFAIK bumbserizing off topic posts give no EFDs or even bring your activity up.

Doing still well without ciggies tho. Recommended.

Back