Is it really that hard?

who's asking for that? dont make this something its not. some remember when average returns were better and the period for the average was shorter. those blogs and projects are a mixed bag, some lose lots some do well. those that do well seem to either grinding super eco (and boring) and waiting to sell for + 0.5% MU, or spend a lot of hours (and a large ped card) to work through the dips.

these days you can lose 50% on a hunt, if you dont have the balance to carry that it means no more participation untill next deposit day, which for some means no more participation.

I completley agree that on a single hunt or mining run for that matter you can lose 50% on tt, it happens. More depends on how much you spend on a run....but i have a few 500 bomb runs where i got 50%

So for people with small ped cards yes i agree it may be hard to carry over. But i with no amps or small amps 1k peds is more than enough

As a test then i will start a blog of tt returns, i am currently in a bad period so i expect my initial tt return to be bad (hopefully, although i could be coming out of it)

500 ped runs and see how long it takes to get 95% tt returns. No amps to make calculations easier

It would also be helpfull if someone else did this as well.

I will predict it will take 3k - 5k bombs to reach 95%

Rgds

Ace

Proof is in the pudding....although i except one blog will not be proof, but i cannot be bothered to go through all the blogs on ef to prove it

That's okay, people have tried to prove the decent percentage tt return wrong, time and time again, and they always end up with a decent % return and they stop the blog. Kinda funny really

But hey when you ahve the peds go on, record your results, i hope you will be pleasantly surprised

Although what most people forget is this:

With 95% overall tt return...if you do not get markup stuff, you will still lose. Especially if you use high markup on items

95% turned over, quickly disappears

EG: starting peds 1000
95% = 950
2nd run = 902.5
3 = 857
4 = 814
5 = 773

Rgds

Ace

The problem dear friend is: if you dont belongs to VIP Club "Global an HOF Lucky Boys"... each run never return 95%. Normally the return rate is only 50% to 70% calculated only over value of bullets. Thats the problem man!

As a test then i will start a blog of tt returns, i am currently in a bad period so i expect my initial tt return to be bad (hopefully, although i could be coming out of it)

why don't you start this blog with hunting and not mining ? i am sure you are skilled for loads of (L) weapons with decent dmg/sec . loot in hunting is a bit more misterious are MU is often smaller than mining , so you do a hunting log .

why don't you start this blog with hunting and not mining ? i am sure you are skilled for loads of (L) weapons with decent dmg/sec . loot in hunting is a bit more misterious are MU is often smaller than mining , so you do a hunting log .

That would be a good idea, but i do not generally like hunting, i am currently 48 pistoler ish, 22 evade and 28 medical.

But i do not know at the moment what drops good markup stuff, i am a full time miner, i like it and i am good at it.

If i knew what to hunt i would do, but to do tests to get eco at it, reduce armour and fap to a minimum, would take time and a lot of effort.

Mining i know and love

Rgds

Ace

The proof for me is this: two years ago there was 12,000 hunters in ET, now only exists 5,500 hunters in ET. Thats means one of two things:

(1) Before there was double of globals for all people. so you can saw double persons in ET.. or
(2) 50% of players are angry and left the game at last 2 years

(sorry my english is so bad..)

Just to be the devil's advocate... there are many alternative reasons to explain what you are seeing. You are assuming those people got angry and left. How about...

The economy IRL tanked and people are not playing because they do not have the disposable income for EU anymore.

They don't hunt anymore... maybe they are traders now.

They hunt strict eco on noob mobs which rarely global (but can give greater returns than the more popular mobs).

The list can go on... but just because there are fewer avatar's showing globals in the Tracker does not mean people left because they got angry.

And your English is just fine :thumbup: I know Americans that can't type it as good as you.

That's okay, people have tried to prove the decent percentage tt return wrong, time and time again, and they always end up with a decent % return and they stop the blog. Kinda funny really

But hey when you ahve the peds go on, record your results, i hope you will be pleasantly surprised

Although what most people forget is this:

With 95% overall tt return...if you do not get markup stuff, you will still lose. Especially if you use high markup on items

95% turned over, quickly disappears

EG: starting peds 1000
95% = 950
2nd run = 902.5
3 = 857
4 = 814
5 = 773

Rgds

Ace

So you know better than me what my returns are?? :laugh: :wtg:

I'm telling you that whether I look at the past week, month, 6 months or year my average return is well below 50%. I don't frankly care if you believe it or not. I stopped recording it after it started to make me cry. But my ped card, skill worth, and personal inventory tell me all I need to know.

In the last 2 weeks I had 1 run that was about 92%, but had narc, etc so a nice run after markups. But whether it's gazz narc, cobalt. nik whatever, if it's 20, 30 and 40% TT of bombs out....even markups won't cut it, and frankly that's about 9 out of 10 runs now, no matter where I go. I'm aware we all have "down" periods....

but what's a reasonable "down" period??? It would seem to me that 2 good months out of 14-15 is a tad excessive. But hey maybe i'm just being unreasonable...:rolleyes:

I frankly wish I hadn't even replied, but everytime I see you post that bullshit 95% figure I could vomit.

I'm outta here..

GL.

I'm telling you that whether I look at the past week, month, 6 months or year my average return is well below 50%. I don't frankly care if you believe it or not. I stopped recording it after it started to make me cry. But my ped card, skill worth, and personal inventory tell me all I need to know.

In the last 2 weeks I had 1 run that was about 92%, but had narc, etc so a nice run after markups. But whether it's gazz narc, cobalt. nik whatever, if it's 20, 30 and 40% TT of bombs out....even markups won't cut it, and frankly that's about 9 out of 10 runs now, no matter where I go. I'm aware we all have "down" periods....

but what's a reasonable "down" period??? It would seem to me that 2 good months out of 14-15 is a tad excessive. But hey maybe i'm just being unreasonable...:rolleyes:

I frankly wish I hadn't even replied, but everytime I see you post that bullshit 95% figure I could vomit.

I'm outta here..

GL.

From the sound of it, it will not matter what i post returns wise. Or what everyone else has got in their blogs

As you will not believe it for yourself. Even though you are not recording what you are getting

So not really a lot of point in posting it

I wish you luck and a big hof

Rgds

Ace

From the sound of it, it will not matter what i post returns wise. Or what everyone else has got in their blogs

As you will not believe it for yourself. Even though you are not recording what you are getting

So not really a lot of point in posting it

I wish you luck and a big hof

Rgds

Ace

Nothing left to record....lol

MA, another player, or somebody got it all. ;) It sure wasn't me. :)

Regards.

Just to be the devil's advocate... there are many alternative reasons to explain what you are seeing. You are assuming those people got angry and left. How about...

The economy IRL tanked and people are not playing because they do not have the disposable income for EU anymore.

They don't hunt anymore... maybe they are traders now.

They hunt strict eco on noob mobs which rarely global (but can give greater returns than the more popular mobs).

The list can go on... but just because there are fewer avatar's showing globals in the Tracker does not mean people left because they got angry.

And your English is just fine :thumbup: I know Americans that can't type it as good as you.

Well, if i change this phrase "50% of players are angry and left the game at last 2 years" for this "50% of players left the game at last 2 years"

The results is same!. Both things are bad to us. Maybe MA must to begin talking to us in terms of minimum rate of return and no more about on average return rate; because only one player with 2 aths is enough to obtain an average return rate of 95% if others 500 persons have return rates of 50% (only over value of bullets). I think is a distribution problem and methodological way to compute the studies of return rate.

Well, if i change this phrase "50% of players are angry and left the game at last 2 years" for this "50% of players left the game at last 2 years"

The results is same!. Both things are bad to us..

Not really... 50% are not recording globals in Tracker anymore. That's really all we can gather from that. They may still be playing, but chose to do something else besides hunt. Either way I agree... it is bad. I guess we can hope for the "CP Babies" to start arriving soon... but that would be better if we had a mentoring system.

Not really... 50% are not recording globals in Tracker anymore. That's really all we can gather from that. They may still be playing, but chose to do something else besides hunt. Either way I agree... it is bad. I guess we can hope for the "CP Babies" to start arriving soon... but that would be better if we had a mentoring system.

well, you must remember that the three clasical professions is reduced to half in same period. Your theory is 50% of players now are traders, colorists or hair stylists. :scratch2: It is very difficult believe that for me.

PD - However, i think that will be a good idea after a good time the Ubers must be partners of Mindark like do Neverdie, Buzz Lightyear, etc. Then is not necesary these people obtain the most part of pool loot; and the new clients can win too.

Last edited:
Back in the day, loot seemed very well distributed. I think that once huge uber loots and ATHs came along, that is when the loot was unbalanced. I don't know about all of you, but i'd certainly be happier with a nice return rate than the possibility of getting a 1k+ peds hof. Go back to the 500 peds ATHs, globals actually meaning something and spread the wealth. Though, with today's state of the game and items costing an arm and a leg, that will never happen.

It's strange how much less whining there was back then. If it wasn't for rubber-banding and a few other bugs, I think the old PE days would have been close to perfect in respect to the content.
:wise:

The problem dear friend is: if you dont belongs to VIP Club "Global an HOF Lucky Boys"... each run never return 95%. Normally the return rate is only 50% to 70% calculated only over value of bullets. Thats the problem man!
I see it too from this perspective.

Won't help in case their original deposit vanishes quickly.

Or they read up on the pleora of MA fuckups - and then experience one firsthand so they realize that these ugly stories from the past havn't just been made up.

Tussi

Why was the word MindArk edited out of the thread title? I was directly addressing them.

Why was the word MindArk edited out of the thread title? I was directly addressing them.

Sorry, had to do this ;) ... I've seen others that haven't been changed lately, so not sure what the deal is, but ... as one who moderated this forum in the past for over a year (2006-2007), I know that everything can't be caught with such a large and active membership.

3.9 - Addressing Mindark
Addressing MindArk directly in thread topics or titles is NOT permitted. EntropiaForum is a privately owned website that has the honor of periodic visits and announcements from MindArk representatives. However, EntropiaForum is NOT an official MindArk or Entropia Universe website, so please do NOT address MindArk directly. MindArk representatives are under no obligation to respond to any threads, posts or private messages. Similarly, please do NOT send support questions to any of the MindArk representatives who visit EntropiaForum. Please use the support section of the official EntropiaUniverse.com website for support requests.

As my own personal contribution ... I'm hoping that things will change, but after being around nearly 5 years, I've only seen it get worse. Right now, the only thing I like about this universe is the awesome community (there are still special friends left, but not too many), and the graphics ... along with a few of the new features, but that's it. Game play, storyline (or lack thereof), as well as cost-to-play and (seemingly) mismanaged events, are driving many away. I have no idea recently where MA's heads are at, but it surely doesn't seem to be focused on their customers ... oh wait, Marco told us that we aren't MA customers, that the planet partners are, so maybe we do know where their heads are at. :D

Well said Stutoman!... I think that MA should take it realy seriously.

I have no idea recently where MA's heads are at, but it surely doesn't seem to be focused on their customers ... oh wait, Marco told us that we aren't MA customers, that the planet partners are, so maybe we do know where their heads are at. :D

I think that saying that we aren't MindArk's customers is arguing semantics. We deposit to MindArk, they get our money. Sure, FPC pays up to MA, but the money ends in the same spot; MA's pockets.

I really don't have a problem with FPC, I actually feel bad for them. MA is screwing the pooch (what a saying) with mismanagement, and FPC is just stuck along for the ride. If FPC was managing the operation, I feel it would be different.

... I really don't have a problem with FPC, I actually feel bad for them. MA is screwing the pooch (what a saying) with mismanagement, and FPC is just stuck along for the ride. If FPC was managing the operation, I feel it would be different.

The above made me think ... is all of the coding done by MA ... or does FPC have a hand in it? I don't want to throw tomatoes at Marco and the gang if in fact it's MA (only) producing the issues that are making so many of us frustrated. Has it ever been determined after the split what exactly FPC does? I know that Marco has given us a glimpse of what the future holds, but does that mean that FPC will code and implement this stuff? I'm a geek n00b here, but my (logical) understanding is, that planet partners are responsible for coding, right? ... especially since we see Next Island, RockTropia and Creative Kingdom doing their own thing.

Am I correct to assume ... that MA is now only responsible for developing planet partnerships (MA's real customer according to Marco), as well as managing the RCE factor across the platform (to include all planets)? If that's the case ... then who coded and set the SGA and MM events into action on Calypso (Marco's Baby) ... MA or FPC?

MindArk is more involved in things then people realize

Am I correct to assume ... that MA is now only responsible for developing planet partnerships (MA's real customer according to Marco), as well as managing the RCE factor across the platform (to include all planets)? If that's the case ... then who coded and set the SGA and MM events into action on Calypso (Marco's Baby) ... MA or FPC?

Marco/FPC gives MindArk the specifics of what they wish to achieve of which MindArk puts it into action.

MindArk does 100% of the coding on, data processing and management of core backend RCE systems and creating the Sandbox for partners to use to create content for their worlds.

MindArk the platform provider manages the economies of each world and each participants RCE activity - FPC is supposed to have nothing to do with this (Loot returns, event drop specifics, skill rate, etc)

Even though this does not entirely seem to be the case just yet:

Planets in Sync

That, however, does not mean work is scarce for Magnus and Co. The split between MindArk and First Planet Company, and the upcoming planet partners, brings a whole new set of challenges for the balancing group.

- I must admit, that it has been hard to let Marco and his team do what they want to do, without having my fingers in it. It takes some getting used to, but it’s not a negative thing.

- Balancing the planets with each other is also quite the task. The basics need to be the same, at the same time as we wish each of the planets to offer something very different, to be unique.

- Will one planet be cheaper than another?

- Well, that’s somewhat up to the planet partners, regarding how they wish their planet to be. The basics need to be the same, though. I mean, they could choose the equivalent of a Snablesnot Young to be the fiercest mob on their planet, and thus it might be cheaper. But the layers need to stay the same; the upward progressions on planets need to be balanced with each other. Planets may grow in opposite directions however.

FPC as a partner does content development using CE2 Sandbox tools primarily and specifies to MindArk what they wish to achieve. (Events, implementations, new mechanisms to help development of content, etc)

Maybe a little additional coding to help objects with movement such as mobs specific to a partners world. (unsure on this)

Both are 50%/50% responsible.

Every participant is 50% a customer of MindArk and 50% a customer of the planet world they reside upon as per the 50/50 profit sharing model.

However our interface through to those at MindArk (or lack there of in reasonable responses) is through the partner world organisation (FPC) or through Entropia Universe support (Another branch of the MindGroup of companies).

So yes, Marco will bear the brunt of the issues to be resolved with the future success of his partner world Calypso in maintaining both client satisfaction and confidence.

Wether he will have the teeth & balls of other professional organisations such as Creative Kingdom in dealing with MindArk PE AB (A company he is also a shareholder of) will be an entirely different story, only time will tell on that front in producing deeds/results to follow the words he has spoken.

Last edited:
The above made me think ... is all of the coding done by MA ... or does FPC have a hand in it? I don't want to throw tomatoes at Marco and the gang if in fact it's MA (only) producing the issues that are making so many of us frustrated. Has it ever been determined after the split what exactly FPC does? I know that Marco has given us a glimpse of what the future holds, but does that mean that FPC will code and implement this stuff? I'm a geek n00b here, but my (logical) understanding is, that planet partners are responsible for coding, right? ... especially since we see Next Island, RockTropia and Creative Kingdom doing their own thing.

FPC are in control of graphics (i.e. models, textures, landmass), additions to the items available, mob spawn locations and event creation (but not operation or loot other than content makeup)

The things they're not in charge of: code, loot balancing, mob AI (that was confirmed by Marco in another thread), events while their operating, buildings and contents (after whats happened to the Deer Mall shops, seriously go and read the threads if you haven't already). Anything that can be considered basic elements for the EU engine itself.

FPC has to employ MA for any additions to the codebase as MA controls all development and deployment to prevent the planet partners screwing things up and upsetting the balance. My guess is MA also have final say on all item stats.

There are probably a lot more things as well but it's 2am and I can't think of anything else right now.

edit: MA control all money in the EU system. FPC has no access to financial controls in it except a share of what they get in decay revenue.

Last edited:
Lets not forget that FPC is 100% owned by MA and I think they still even share the same office space.

I dont buy the "good cop bad cop" routine out of MA and FPC.

Lets not forget that FPC is 100% owned by MA and I think they still even share the same office space.

And if that's what they're trying to achieve, what's the point?

Wouldn't it make sense for them to want us to be happy with all of them? Customers having trust and belief in a company is so important for the longevity and prosperity of the company. It's an elementary lesson that I feel MA hasn't learned.

That would be a good idea, but i do not generally like hunting, i am currently 48 pistoler ish, 22 evade and 28 medical.

But i do not know at the moment what drops good markup stuff, i am a full time miner, i like it and i am good at it.

If i knew what to hunt i would do, but to do tests to get eco at it, reduce armour and fap to a minimum, would take time and a lot of effort.

Mining i know and love

Rgds

Ace

Are you able to see past your own flared nostrils?

Your post basically says - no I won't do a hunting blog because I can't guarantee I'll maximise my outcome.
Funny that, because that's the thing that pisses people off, the fact it's IMPOSSIBLE to get consistent outcomes and you need a XXIII bankroll just to mine unamped.
You've always pissed me off with your "holier than thou" hypocritical posts. :mad:

You point to blogs saying "Look! Everyone gets 95%!" and I wonder to myself, do you even read them? Because we sure seem to reading completely different blogs.
The ones I read, vary from big losses to big profits.... not a consistent 95% return.
Blow things out of proportion much? Or are you still busy blowing something else?

*waits for ace to assume he knows who I am*

Last edited:

Likewise, if they dare start using this seperation as a cop out mechanism then it will be an EPIC fail for Marco as CEO of FPC or any CEO of any partner world.

FPC is responsible for all of MindArk's failings.
If MindArk and/or EUSupport fails, it is FPC who has failed the Calypso clients.

This is the way they have setup the system, this is how it will be treated.

MA/Support failing = Marco/FPC failing for FPCs' present clients.
MA/Support failing = CKI partner world CEO failing for clients on their world.
Same for Martin B.s' SEE Worlds, David P.s' Next Island, Neverdies' Rocktopia
etc

Nothing more nothing less.

No passing the buck :bs:
It will not be tolerated by the clients of Entropia Universe.

Last edited:

Ofcourse he does, he is the single most knowledgeable person in Entropia, you didn't realise this yet!? His insight can see inside your head even... when you're playing, there's actually a small piece of Flyster-jizz floating in your ear, recording everything.
</sarcasm>

Forum posting memory like an elephant it seems :D I shall not forget ! :silly2:

I recalled this posting.

Somewhat simplified it looks like this:

MindArk is responsible for engineering/technical issues (lag, bugs, uptime, underlying platform mechanics like RCE, game engine stuff, etc).

First Planet Company is responsible for design/gameplay issues (usability, design flaws in content, busted graphics models/textures etc).

Added that which has neatly been left out >
FPC is also responsible for ensuring MindArk does not stuff around FPCs' revenue generating client base, you our players.

Right now most fixes lays with MA to fix (added - Which we will keep on MindArks' back to get done properly for you our players in a reasonable timeframe), with some (mainly world building like adding TP's and stuff) is in the hands of FPC.

Last edited:
Are you able to see past your own flared nostrils?

Your post basically says - no I won't do a hunting blog because I can't guarantee I'll maximise my outcome.
Funny that, because that's the thing that pisses people off, the fact it's IMPOSSIBLE to get consistent outcomes and you need a XXIII bankroll just to mine unamped.
You've always pissed me off with your "holier than thou" hypocritical posts. :mad:

You point to blogs saying "Look! Everyone gets 95%!" and I wonder to myself, do you even read them? Because we sure seem to reading completely different blogs.
The ones I read, vary from big losses to big profits.... not a consistent 95% return.
Blow things out of proportion much? Or are you still busy blowing something else?

*waits for ace to assume he knows who I am*

Hehe i have no idea who you are ;)

I was pointing out my lack of knowledge from hunting, i am a complete noob!

Although with current prices on blazar and tier one components it is piss easy to profit low level. Which is what i did for the first days to get my blazars for some tiering up

It is more the fact that the little i have done, mainly neconus and fresq, i did not keep track of tt returns for those. Although i did get a damn good setup for neconus, they just do not drop anything with decent markup. Therefore pointless to hunt

Fresq's were better, but i need much more evade to hunt them eco. So again i stopped

Anyways you seem to forgot one major thing, i am a miner, not a hunter. If i do a blog it will be with mining not hunting.

Not cuase i do not think i will get 95% tt return on hunting, but because i do not like it.

Not that difficult to understand

Rgds

Ace

PS if you think i am talking absolute bolloxs regarding tt returns, do your own blog!

PPS your arguments are similar to when there was a dispute about getting an X with a 101 amp in mining. Loads of people claimed they had it, but they had not, no screen shot nothing. And yet people still claimed they did.....you want proof i am wrong do it yourself. There is plenty of proof on ef that i am right

Back