Votes: 99 35.2%
  • No, I like cheap ME

Votes: 122 43.4%
  • I sweat for EFD

Votes: 60 21.4%

• Total voters

Avon(AJ)Jerrix

Guardian
You might reason that this should be in the Noob section, or the Sweating section, but it really concerns the whole game.

I've been hunting bery down at the sweat camp recently. It seems like every time I respawn at the revive point, players are asking if anyone is buying sweat, for 4.5, for 4, for 3...and there usually isn't. Now, remember that these are new players, and sweating isn't actually all that easy at first. They've sweated a long time for whatever they have--maybe a whole k if they really committed--because that's what people told them to do...sweat, then sell the sweat, and buy the tt things they need to try out the game. And they do, and then they can't sell the sweat, or if they do they have to sell for 3 per k, and can't even afford an opalo, much less ammo for it.

Why would they stick around, in a game that makes it that hard? And it's easy to say they could/should deposit, but you know what? It isn't actually that easy to deposit for a newbie. Are they really supposed to go to their bank and do everything they need to do before they even know if they're going to play longer than a day or two? And sure, there are other ways to deposit, if you do the research to find them. Do you really expect a new player to do homework for the privilege of playing our game?

The new things FPC are doing are great, with the newcomer missions, and the NAZ, but if the player-base is going to expand, then the potential new players need a viable free-option for trying out the game that lasts a little longer than that...especially if that's what's being advertised. The only way I see for this to happen is for sweat prices to rise. Maybe some of the proposed fixes--like letting sweat be listed in the auction house--would work, but maybe not. The two sure ways to raise prices are Increased Demand or Lowered Supply. And since any Mindforce powers yet to be introduced will probably use diluted sweat, that means the supply needs to be lowered. (I think that's what MA was trying to do when swunting was nerfed, and the same now with AFK sweating.)

So, bring back the sweat cap. It was before my time, but as I understand it, sweating was only possible up to a certain level of sweat gatherer. So, this gives the new players a solid, valued place in the economy, gives them a fairer price for their time and effort, which allows them to actually try out the game, and as an added benefit, gets rid of all the threads whining about low-sweat prices on one side and leeches on the other. Of course, the people who hoarded sweat will get paid-off, but that can't be helped.

Hey, I like free sweat as much as the next Entropian, but this is important.

Last edited:
The thing is tho a lot of the Heavy ME users were the healers and focus chips before they were disabled and now the focus chips are trash and the Healing chips use TT synthetic ME same with attack chips the only use now mainly for the ME that sweaters collect is for TP chips and now people have cars there is even less use for ME now :(

The thing is tho a lot of the Heavy ME users were the healers and focus chips before they were disabled and now the focus chips are trash and the Healing chips use TT synthetic ME same with attack chips the only use now mainly for the ME that sweaters collect is for TP chips and now people have cars there is even less use for ME now :(
Spot on.

Seems like FPC made a decision to blitz the vibrant sweat market.

Aww man i love sweating sometimes i find it kinda relaxing :), but i agree either a cap or some increased demand for sweat would be better for the game i think.

Instead of capping sweating though maybe combat stimulants using sweat as an ingrediant (temp speed buff, regen buff etc), or some other use to stimulate demand. I try to help noobs where i can, but i would agree the value of sweat per time is kinda demoralising currently for new players.

Just my 2 pecs ;)

As I understand it, people simply made extra avatars to sweat with which is why the cap was removed.

Not really "nerfed", since that really means making things safer...swunting was made harder by making sweated mobs aggro pretty much instantly.

that only applies to solo swunting.
Join a group swunt and swunt bigger mobs like ambu or something, at least its more social and higher chance for a bigger global.

as for sweat cap. People will simply create a second / third avatar and carry on sweating.

sweat is finished

mindark ruined sweat on purpose;
the greedy corporation needs more money!
marco neeeds to drive a better limousine & and visit expensive restaurants for dinner
hanne needs more sauna and going to Rio de Janeiro on holiday every weekend
russian mob bankers investors are asking for their share, too!
so, all you sheep are good for, is more deposit!

MA is lowering the value of sweat so that players are not perma sweaters living off the free "trial" system. Just like evrything else in game MA is gonna suck all professions dry so that there will be near zero chance to profit EVER.

Or they are just taking as much as possible before Calypso gets sold and they have to up returns again for the new owners to have something to work with.

But either way many people are only sweating for long terms and not investing back with simple decays at bare minimum let alone deposits.

I think the question is excellent and the answer is philantropy ; players and societies must now encourage and help the underpaid newbies along a little, untill they can stand on their own either by deciding to deposit, or by luck and hard work.

I think most sweaters would agree with me that yes, sweatin' for PEDs because you do not want to, or cannot, deposit is really hard work, but then it is still a free option that also gives a lot of skillpoints for a new character to learn more about the skill system and gain experience with the game mechanics.

Sweat prices could be upped by adding more directions of ME usage indeed, but bear in mind if the price is upped too much, the newer players can become too much of a powerhouse for Mindark to sustain an income, since the sweat is actually a give-away from MA to the newbies even if the payment of the PEDs comes from players, those players paid MA, and MA makes sweating available and feasible, which it still is! ;)

I see people saying sweat has been ruined, but i also see that the sweat price has remained the same.

If your selling your sweat too cheap, thats your own damn falt for being impatient.

And i aint voting because its a biased poll

Imho MA could easily solve problem of sweat and new players if the sweat would have TT value, for example 1 bottle = 1 pec, which for 1k could give 10 ped and that would be a fair price imho, very good for newbies :)

I remember when sweat was 2 pecs a bottle. Good times. Eaven with the sweat cap I knew people who had 3 or 4 avatars for sweating. You could sweat to about 200 sweat skill dependig on your other skills. Sweating was much easyer then too, just trap a moob and sweat it dry.

The only way for the price to grow is increase the demand IMHO. If you make it any harder it would be imposible.

Imho MA could easily solve problem of sweat and new players if the sweat would have TT value, for example 1 bottle = 1 pec, which for 1k could give 10 ped and that would be a fair price imho, very good for newbies :)

That wouldn't work. MA will never do it it's like giving away free ped.

That wouldn't work. MA will never do it it's like giving away free ped.

Yeah I don't expect it ever to happen :ahh: but that would be awesome and make more people ingame

Yeah I don't expect it ever to happen :ahh: but that would be awesome and make more people ingame

sweat does have a TT value same as ammo.

I know, but I meant a reasonable TT value ;)

haha, thats reasonable enough right? its free after all! =)
if u buy/sell 1K for 1PED, thats a 10000% MU, :O

one cannot complain about something if they get it for free. (unless otherwise)

I know, but I meant a reasonable TT value ;)

reasonable be ... 0.0 pec , you get that shit for free..

As a depo player i can safely say that if MA ever would decide to accually give sweat a tt value high enouf that it is worth to tt. It would stop me from depositing and i assume that goes for most people.

Sweat is dead the sweater proffesion is dying out HOORAY :yay::yay::yay:

PS
to all the sweaters out there your skill worth peds 2 so stop whining ,everything you get is fucking free and yet it issent enouf..

Someone here at the forum (dont remember who it was) said it best when he/she said: sweaters complaining about the peds they get for sweat is like a homeless person complaining you gave him 1 dollar and not 10 dollars.

Accept the fact as a sweater in this game you the equivelant of the real life homeless person you at the bottom of the food chain and thats the way it is and should be..:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

or may be sweat price drop low enough that it will be eco once again to use normal ME for MF, and remove SME, LOL, seeing nexus is almost TT food now xD

I think that removing the sweat cap was a good idea; noobs through ubers sweat. It's true that if it was reintroduced, it would be circumvented by people creating new avatars, not to mention create a lot of chaos amongst players that would not be able to sweat anymore.

The cap was removed July 4th, 2006, so I really doubt it's going to come back after over four years. There are other ways to increase the value of sweat aside from implementing a sweat cap. The sweat cap topic as well as the price of sweat has been discussed many times in the past; all you have to do is use EF's search feature. At this point it's like beating a dead horse.

I'm not sure what you meant by that it's hard for noobs to deposit. Some MMO publishers require you to buy a boxed copy to even play the game.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/history/119070-brief-history-sweating.html

Last edited:
ROFL you even complaning that its free? Wow wow, you can get 6 ped/day if you spend 5h+ on sweating, oh my god, a lot of money, sweaters shouldn't complain bcoz its freeeeeee money, woho. PLEASE

Thats right...

ROFL you even complaning that its free? Wow wow, you can get 6 ped/day if you spend 5h+ on sweating, oh my god, a lot of money, sweaters shouldn't complain bcoz its freeeeeee money, woho. PLEASE

A better Sweat Market will be in future if Sweat can be used in crafting system... Why just Blazar & Nova Fragments can now be used by crafting of some items?... :scratch2:

A better Sweat Market will be in future if Sweat can be used in crafting system... Why just Blazar & Nova Fragments can now be used by crafting of some items?... :scratch2:

becausse blazars are loot, you have to spend peds to get those , so it makes money for MA (you know the people running the severs and feeding the hamsters).

wanna play free games try tic tac toe

is not 6 ped its all those noobs getting 6 ped for free , 1 noob 0.60 US dollar cents going on your estemate of 6 ped.

100 noobs would then equal a drain of 60 dollar 5 hours
1k noobs 600
10k 6000

then take the diffrent timezones in a account to keep it easy keep it at 3 for easy excample (cant use to big numbers with sweaters , if they could calculate they be doing a paper route instead of sweating:D)
hmm doesent look like smart business for a commercial company to trow away
3 times 6k us dollar a day ...

is not 6 ped its all those noobs getting 6 ped for free , 1 noob 0.60 US dollar cents going on your estemate of 6 ped.

100 noobs would then equal a drain of 60 dollar 5 hours
1k noobs 600
10k 6000

then take the diffrent timezones in a account to keep it easy keep it at 3 for easy excample (cant use to big numbers with sweaters , if they could calculate they be doing a paper route instead of sweating:D)
hmm doesent look like smart business for a commercial company to trow away
3 times 6k us dollar a day ...

1k noobs? where can you find them? I don't think there are much more then 100 ppl spending 5h every day on sweating? Let's say there are even 300 noobs and that's 180 dollars every day, you rly think its much for them? :) And they take this money from MA, not you, so there is nothing to complain about that :silly2:

So, bring back the sweat cap.

We already have the Sweat Cap.

picture.php

View image in gallery

:D

Back