News: I've created an Instagram focusing on the development in Unreal Engine 5

Nice, thanks for sharing!

Again a typo though, 2 thistime:
Conceptart = Concept art
Sabacuma= Sabakuma

My edit: Made it more friendly

I am waiting for the last gen gameplay before I preorder.

Are the concept art pieces what they are actively re-modelling in UE5? The artwork is nice but personally id prefer more shots of the UE5 stuff unless that is art they are actively modelling (y)

I'm not entirely sure what MA's pipeline is but most game design follow something to the order of conceptual art (sketches, sculptures, etc.) -> initial modeling -> rigging -> animating -> texturing/materials -> refinement and review -> testing assets and coding in the game engine. There could be other steps in this process since the things I listed are pretty basic. Plus each step probably involves a different dev team member. At any point you can go back to square one in that process if things aren't working well.

I like seeing the conceptual stage of things plus you can give them feedback on strong designs to make the UE5 assets better. I would say if the development team is showing us conceptual designs those assets will be reworked in UE5. I would think most things will need rework to some extent and others will need a complete re-design during this game engine switch.

It's a bonus that they are being transparent enough to show us their process. Most game/film creators have embraced showing some of the process of what it takes to get to a finished product. Otherwise the migration would turn into an "ahhh the egg" moment.

Last edited:
AH okay, thanks for clearing that up Sirhc

I'm not entirely sure what MA's pipeline is but...

This is MA's pipeline:
index.php

cmon give us something new that we can look forward to.. feels like its repeat mode :)

No new posts?

New post:

In this shot we are taking a closer look at how realistic we can make shadows appear over different textures with Unreal Engine 5.

New post:

So far all I see is desert. I wonder if you guys can bring back the ALIEN PLANET like it was in Project Entropia. (Weird trees, flowers, scenery, sky)

So far all I see is desert. I wonder if you guys can bring back the ALIEN PLANET like it was in Project Entropia. (Weird trees, flowers, scenery, sky)
Second that, how come all the posts are desert - is it easier to make that terrain? No hate just curious.

Second that, how come all the posts are desert - is it easier to make that terrain? No hate just curious.
This is the current biome we are developing, it does not have anything to do with if it's an easier or harder terrain to develop.

New post:

Looks great! Thanks for updating us, always great to see progress that you are making :]

Show us the current redesigned UI on the UE5 engine. New posts with just different angles in same area is not really hype building imo.
Currently it just feels like you guys haven't gotten anywhere with the UE5 update at this rate it won't come within the next 5 years.

Learn from your past. This built quite a bit of hype. The cryengine 2 update teaser trailer. 347k views.

Although I think this was created by a player during an video request event if memory serves?
Could be cool to see something like that again as the UE5 update is getting closer to full launch.

Last edited:
Show us the current redesigned UI on the UE5 engine. New posts with just different angles in same area is not really hype building imo.
Currently it just feels like you guys haven't gotten anywhere with the UE5 update at this rate it won't come within the next 5 years.

Learn from your past. This built quite a bit of hype. The cryengine 2 update teaser trailer. 347k views.
But... There's no UI there either.... almost the same amount of content that's being divulged in different sources... It's a 1 minute video with barely any content

I suggest you hype it up all the way, but man :D

But... There's no UI there either.... almost the same amount of content that's being divulged in different sources... It's a 1 minute video with barely any content

I suggest you hype it up all the way, but man :D
Sadly I know. It's better they not post anything at all instead of repeated lackluster content imo. Looking into this thread hoping to get excited only to get disappointment again.

Sadly I know. It's better they not post anything at all instead of repeated lackluster content imo.
I honestly don't know anymore... If they post is because they post, if they don't is because they don't...

People seem quite hard to please out here...

I don't need hype... Been hyped since 2005.... I want content, and well produced content.

More hype = more disappointment.

Let the people do their work, give them 5-6 years and you'll see how it looks first hand.

It might very well be a few years away, regardless what we want. Good thing is that MindArk is investing in the long-term for EU and
that the graphics upgrade very likely will bring new players and maybe back older players too. For me, thats more important than an actual graphics upgrade.

It might very well be a few years away, regardless what we want. Good thing is that MindArk is investing in the long-term for EU and
that the graphics upgrade very likely will bring new players and maybe back older players too. For me, thats more important than an actual graphics upgrade.
Long term update is hiring a person or get people who already works as live support and has no purpose to control rookie chat and guide new people.

Right now when you register you are being bombarded by toxic behaviour which is mostly why there are no new players.

It takes years to level up to the point where you are giving a real revenue to MA, so long term investment is investment in new players and assisting them.

Old players doesn't need much attention, they just want bugs fixed that's on hold for years.

Back