News: I've created an Instagram focusing on the development in Unreal Engine 5

I love the scratches and scuffs on the Carbine, it adds history and authenticity to the item. I wonder if this is a new bukin?🤔

"New post" Same picture from last week at a different angle.

I really do want to believe that UE5 is actually going to happen, but this thread does not exactly inspire confidence in this matter, nor does it make me believe it will happen during my lifetime.

Tbh, at this rate I would say graphics in games are impressive these days, a lot of them are jaw dropping and make you say wow that looks amazing.. But entropia is not a game most of us are playing for graphics, myself personally I dont care about the current graphics much, But i would like to see current issues with the game being worked on, rather than being led to believe a pipe dream that may or may not even happen.

And why are you focusing so hard on UE5 when 99% of the people in this game don't even play while looking at the pc.?

And why are you focusing so hard on UE5 when 99% of the people in this game don't even play while looking at the pc.?

It's not about the graphics. It's about the game engine. Can't hire quality devs if no one wants to work with the engine you use.

It's not about the graphics. It's about the game engine. Can't hire quality devs if no one wants to work with the engine you use.

If the programmer's problem is the engine... then we have a problem with understanding "Programmer"... which surprises me less and less when referring to MA.

An experienced programmer switches to a new language in about 2-3 months... that is, to be adequate and perform his duties normally.

Since the programming is based mainly on logic, not on new notebook..... the replacement of the new notebook UE5 with the same C ++(programming language) is not a problem, but rather a convenience for "a little writing code by ready-made functions" for all programmers in MA. I mean, you're wrong.

If MA was looking to hire quality devs, its not like they didn't make a nice amount of money from NTI or the amount of keys being purchased daily.

So I sincerely doubt the reasoning behind the upgrade to UE5 is to hire people.

If the programmer's problem is the engine... then we have a problem with understanding "Programmer"... which surprises me less and less when referring to MA.

An experienced programmer switches to a new language in about 2-3 months... that is, to be adequate and perform his duties normally.

Since the programming is based mainly on logic, not on new notebook..... the replacement of the new notebook UE5 with the same C ++(programming language) is not a problem, but rather a convenience for "a little writing code by ready-made functions" for all programmers in MA. I mean, you're wrong.

Yeah...I'm not wrong. It seems you are projecting your opinion of how things *should* be onto reality. Like it or not, people don't want to work with CE.

If MA was looking to hire quality devs, its not like they didn't make a nice amount of money from NTI or the amount of keys being purchased daily.

So I sincerely doubt the reasoning behind the upgrade to UE5 is to hire people.

I don't work for MA so that may not be the exact reasoning. But UE5 is a far better choice in the long run.

UE5 will offer them a broader pool of development talent they can hire from. It should allow them to make improvements much faster and fix issues as well.

It might attract people who like to play a game that looks good and is engaging with a RCE. If "99% of the people in this game don't even play looking at the p.c" then maybe that is the reason there is a push to make it better.

my wife saw me playing EU the other day and said "wow that looks nice!" IMO the current graphics are still pretty decent, but sure maybe not in 5 more years. I'm grateful you are following along. I know MA LOVES spec art and spec crap so I won't hold my breath. I am however interested in all things UE5

"New post" Same picture from last week at a different angle.

I really do want to believe that UE5 is actually going to happen, but this thread does not exactly inspire confidence in this matter, nor does it make me believe it will happen during my lifetime.

Tbh, at this rate I would say graphics in games are impressive these days, a lot of them are jaw dropping and make you say wow that looks amazing.. But entropia is not a game most of us are playing for graphics, myself personally I dont care about the current graphics much, But i would like to see current issues with the game being worked on, rather than being led to believe a pipe dream that may or may not even happen.

Not same pic, last week it was still WIP and last one is the final version. ;)

I doubt we'll see that much of a larger part of development until the engine have been properly released.

UE5 will offer them a broader pool of development talent they can hire from. It should allow them to make improvements much faster and fix issues as well.

This was the exact identical notation we heard about the change from Gamebryo to CryEngine2.0 .

Just saying...

Watching them focus on graphical enhancements is honestly so disheartening.

Those resources, aka salaries, would be better spent on gameplay and the underlying system enhancements.

Watching them focus on graphical enhancements is honestly so disheartening.

Those resources, aka salaries, would be better spent on gameplay and the underlying system enhancements.
This is one of the worst argument ever used in a video game.
Anyone that tried to show this game to their gamer friends, got as a first reaction: wtf is this, it's ugly.

The way it looks is one of the first reasons for which the game is not more popular. There are many aspects of the game that need a lot of improvement, but graphics are just as important. Changing the game engine is a lot more than just "focusing on graphical enhancements"... should this come to life, having the game on Steam and Epic stores will have the biggest impact on the game I think.

Anyone that tried to show this game to their gamer friends, got as a first reaction: wtf is this, it's ugly.

The way it looks is one of the first reasons for which the game is not more popular. There are many aspects of the game that need a lot of improvement, but graphics are just as important. Changing the game engine is a lot more than just "focusing on graphical enhancements"... should this come to life, having the game on Steam and Epic stores will have the biggest impact on the game I think.
before they even think about putting this on epic or steam they really need to improve the starter experience or else the game will get a ton of shit for it

Entropia universe is not a video game. It's a gambling simulator that should have been browser game, not 3d game.

before they even think about putting this on epic or steam they really need to improve the starter experience or else the game will get a ton of shit for it
I agree the starter experience needs a complete overhaul but it's also complicated. This game is a competition for resources in a RCE environment, the company cannot give too much information about these aspects as it's an iopen world and you kind of need to figure out yourself how to best manage your resources.

Entropia universe is not a video game. It's a gambling simulator that should have been browser game, not 3d game.
One of the main reasons for which people quit or just cruise through the game is because they are not willing to put big amount of resources of time and/or money and some strategy to get to a point where expectations meet reality and effort put in. Some people just admit this but some just use the gambling excuse to make it easier for them :D
People can wager on absolute anything and in all games. People gamble on gear/equipment in most open world games but that doesn't make those games gambling simulators. The fact that a lot of people gamble here too, it doesn't make the game a gambling simulator, just that those people have a gambling issue. Here it's a RCE so people go very high risk/reward route....
Game still needs brains, patience and hard work for it to allow self sustainability and eventually profit.

I agree the starter experience needs a complete overhaul but it's also complicated. This game is a competition for resources in a RCE environment, the company cannot give too much information about these aspects as it's an iopen world and you kind of need to figure out yourself how to best manage your resources.

One of the main reasons for which people quit or just cruise through the game is because they are not willing to put big amount of resources of time and/or money and some strategy to get to a point where expectations meet reality and effort put in. Some people just admit this but some just use the gambling excuse to make it easier for them :D
People can wager on absolute anything and in all games. People gamble on gear/equipment in most open world games but that doesn't make those games gambling simulators. The fact that a lot of people gamble here too, it doesn't make the game a gambling simulator, just that those people have a gambling issue. Here it's a RCE so people go very high risk/reward route....
Game still needs brains, patience and hard work for it to allow self sustainability and eventually profit
You are absolutely right.

There was a time without Thule. Then at one point all of us got to check out the new noob-area. That received a complete overhaul before it became Thule. I'm saying that this part of the game improved.

I've always suggested that the experience for a noob should include successful mining with handling the extractor. From what I've heard that's a question that pops up for many during mentoring. For hunting and crafting you need just one thing, mining requires two.

Will EU become available on Steam?
That would be huge.

You are absolutely right.

EU is by all means a game. And should not be a browser-game.
There are gambling/luck-based aspects, if you seek them out. But generally, you play and you lose 5-6% of your decay output, which is the cost and profits for MA.

All gambling companies/ventures in Sweden are regulated by the government.
MindArk is not, except for having the in-game boxes forbidden locally in Sweden.

There are gambling/luck-based aspects, if you seek them out. But generally, you play and you lose 5-6% of your decay output, which is the cost and profits for MA.
Generaly if you play blackjack you are expected to loose about 4% of your wagers long term. But there is variance so sometimes in blackjack you will get a global! :eek:
Only difference is in Entropia you don't just play against the house, you can try to sell your winnings (loot) to other gamblers with high markup...

Back