News: I've created an Instagram focusing on the development in Unreal Engine 5

before they even think about putting this on epic or steam they really need to improve the starter experience or else the game will get a ton of shit for it
The early starter experience at Port Atlantis before Cryengine was spot on. A space port, a not too large entry town, easy to navigate, full of life and players and interesting areas to view such as the museum (Wish I had screenshots of that). You could watch pvp, listen to chat, and venture outside of the gates to see people doing the strange thing of sweating animals which you could also try, all within 10 mins of entering the game. I was hooked from then on. Wandering around the new PA (Not so new now I know, but you know what I mean) is tedious and rather confusing for a new player. This definitely needs an overhaul as I wonder how many never log back in. Players need to be hooked into a game very quickly before they continue with it and Entropia does not do that.

I agree the starter experience needs a complete overhaul but it's also complicated. This game is a competition for resources in a RCE environment, the company cannot give too much information about these aspects as it's an iopen world and you kind of need to figure out yourself how to best manage your resources.

One of the main reasons for which people quit or just cruise through the game is because they are not willing to put big amount of resources of time and/or money and some strategy to get to a point where expectations meet reality and effort put in. Some people just admit this but some just use the gambling excuse to make it easier for them :D
People can wager on absolute anything and in all games. People gamble on gear/equipment in most open world games but that doesn't make those games gambling simulators. The fact that a lot of people gamble here too, it doesn't make the game a gambling simulator, just that those people have a gambling issue. Here it's a RCE so people go very high risk/reward route....
Game still needs brains, patience and hard work for it to allow self sustainability and eventually profit.

People will not put a big amount of time and resources into a game, unless they find it addictive from day 1. Gamblers might, but many gamers won't. Most gamers have short attention spans and boredom threshold limits so the RCE element alone is just not enough to hook them into EU if the starter experience and the arc from there after does not offer reasons to log in.

The concept art looks really good. I was once a programmer among many other things and worked for some big gaming names and on some well know games. (No I am not in need of work hehe I made my money and retired in my late 20s and never intend to work again). Unreal Engine with the access to a full source code and robust C++ & API gives great potential to not just make EU visually stunning but to vastly improve many other game elements. Interesting thread.

The early starter experience at Port Atlantis before Cryengine was spot on. A space port, a not too large entry town, easy to navigate, full of life and players and interesting areas to view such as the museum (Wish I had screenshots of that). You could watch pvp, listen to chat, and venture outside of the gates to see people doing the strange thing of sweating animals which you could also try, all within 10 mins of entering the game. I was hooked from then on. Wandering around the new PA (Not so new now I know, but you know what I mean) is tedious and rather confusing for a new player. This definitely needs an overhaul as I wonder how many never log back in. Players need to be hooked into a game very quickly before they continue with it and Entropia does not do that.

People will not put a big amount of time and resources into a game, unless they find it addictive from day 1. Gamblers might, but many gamers won't. Most gamers have short attention spans and boredom threshold limits so the RCE element alone is just not enough to hook them into EU if the starter experience and the arc from there after does not offer reasons to log in.

You are spot on!!! Totally agree with you on the new arrival in old times being way better than now!!!!

After all these years I still get lost when I try to navigate the current PA
I would LOVE to see the original PA, in updated graphics ofc.
- (perhaps close to harbour and with the mall in the distance)

NOone needs all that useless stuff that is currently in place.

You guys should start a petition to have PA like it used to be in unreal engine

The different renderings and images from Entropia in ue5 I’ve seen so far reminds me very much of the Elder Scrolls. A bit sci-fi ofc, but very similar to Elder Scrolls games.

I just want UE5 now lol. This thread is gonna get to like page 100000000 by the time it is released lmao xD

Yup, this is what did it for me. Today's PA is hidious and I still have no idea how to find my way around nor do I want to. I hate going there to be honest...

Twin Peaks pre-VU10 was also much better.
Lots of scenery and towns were better....

Same goes for Hadesheim. Also a number of other cities. I very much miss some of the old cities. Twin Peaks as well. If they can bring back some of what made the game feel so full of life back in the day that would be great. Shit why not conscript Neverdie to make a new song as well!!

Same goes for Hadesheim. Also a number of other cities. I very much miss some of the old cities. Twin Peaks as well. If they can bring back some of what made the game feel so full of life back in the day that would be great. Shit why not conscript Neverdie to make a new song as well!!

I recall the older cities were much smaller, and naturally brought people together in a better way.
Current PA is huge, you get lost just running around. There is no natural way for people
to gather anymore there. Some parts of the game are very over-dimensioned, and it affects the social aspects in very bad ways.

I recall the older cities were much smaller, and naturally brought people together in a better way.
Current PA is huge, you get lost just running around. There is no natural way for people
to gather anymore there. Some parts of the game are very over-dimensioned, and it affects the social aspects in very bad ways.

I agree - As much as it was nice to have these places like PA and twin peaks and others made more visually stunning. They did go over the top with PA. It is pretty much empty most of the time now and just to big. I mean the skyscrapers are nice and all, but just a bit too big lol

I agree - As much as it was nice to have these places like PA and twin peaks and others made more visually stunning. They did go over the top with PA. It is pretty much empty most of the time now and just to big. I mean the skyscrapers are nice and all, but just a bit too big lol
The problem is not that it's too big but that the population in Entropia Universe has made it a ghost city. That and there's nothing "to do" in the city. They should look into a couple mini-games like GTA5 has with Tennis and Golf etc or turn the PVP arenas into Pet Battle Arenas.

There needs to be 5000 daily active players on each planet, minimum. Friends lists shouldn't include the entire game population.

or turn the PVP arenas into Pet Battle Arenas.

Well to be fair, MA was going to have pet fights when they did that com pet app thing, which obviously failed or did not see the light of day. Cant remember what actually happened with that.

I mean yeah pet fights would be fun, but wouldn't that also mean you could risk losing your pets if they got killed in a fight? I mean imagine if you had a Yog Horror, Tezlapod or Sophie pet and you had a fight with it with another. We all know they are the most expensive pets in game atm. So that would be a huge loss if you lost them in a fight.

Or do you think MA would allow you to revive them like we can get revived? I would love to know.

But yeah I wished they did do something more with pets. Maybe Cryengine is what stopped them because it was far to complex or too much work, whereas who knows UE5 might allow them to add more systems for pets and also maybe fights. It might be far easier to implement a fight system for pets in that engine.

But yeah lack of active players is also a huge issue. I do not really understand why MA choose to keep the game so secretive and does not want to promote the game to bring in new players.

What is MA scared off exactly? The bad press? Media accusing the game of being far too expensive to play and is a pyramid scheme? IS that why MA refuse to advertise the game and get more players? I really would love to know lol

I mean yeah pet fights would be fun, but wouldn't that also mean you could risk losing your pets if they got killed in a fight? I mean imagine if you had a Yog Horror, Tezlapod or Sophie pet and you had a fight with it with another. We all know they are the most expensive pets in game atm. So that would be a huge loss if you lost them in a fight.
That'd be the stupidest thing I've heard today lol

Of course Mindark would make it possible to revive/heal the pets back to full hp.

What would be the point of the pet arena otherwise? lol

Last edited:
do not really understand why MA choose to keep the game so secretive and does not want to promote the game to bring in new players.

Yeah. I really hope they will try to advertise EU when they implement UE5. I don't see any efforts at all to attract new players
at the moment. But maybe they are focusing on keeping players and updating the game.

Yeah. I really hope they will try to advertise EU when they implement UE5. I don't see any efforts at all to attract new players
at the moment. But maybe they are focusing on keeping players and updating the game.

But that is the problem - MA never have lol. Look take for example PP's when they signed deals with MA to create a planet and become a planet partner, MA expected them to attract their own players and when they did they gain more content rights. So they can release more content for the planet when they reach milestones etc. It boggles my mins that they expect PP's to advertise to attract new players but they refuse to advertise the game themselves...

Then comes the biggest issue....... The current playerbase is already very very thin, there is still players quitting the game - so the numbers are going down and not up.

MA will never advertise - I KNOW that much. I mean look I was thinking that MA's deal they signed with epic games would mean they get listed on the Epic Games Store. But again I was wrong. Epic Games ask for royalties to be listed on the store, I think it is around 10% or 12%...... So MA will never ever ever agree to do that. So again it brings us back to the only other way and that is PP's.......

It is not fair or right that MA do fuck all in terms of advertising to attract new players and they rely on word of mouth or the PP's. Enough is enough. MA has to STEP UP!

THE GAME NEEDS NEW PLAYERS.................

But that is the problem - MA never have lol. Look take for example PP's when they signed deals with MA to create a planet and become a planet partner, MA expected them to attract their own players and when they did they gain more content rights. So they can release more content for the planet when they reach milestones etc. It boggles my mins that they expect PP's to advertise to attract new players but they refuse to advertise the game themselves...

Then comes the biggest issue....... The current playerbase is already very very thin, there is still players quitting the game - so the numbers are going down and not up.

MA will never advertise - I KNOW that much. I mean look I was thinking that MA's deal they signed with epic games would mean they get listed on the Epic Games Store. But again I was wrong. Epic Games ask for royalties to be listed on the store, I think it is around 10% or 12%...... So MA will never ever ever agree to do that. So again it brings us back to the only other way and that is PP's.......

It is not fair or right that MA do fuck all in terms of advertising to attract new players and they rely on word of mouth or the PP's. Enough is enough. MA has to STEP UP!
Good points rob.

@My|MindArk are there any plans to increase marketing efforts around the expected launch of UE5?

Advertising the game today keep in mind, depending on how it would be worded might end up being worse than better.

In games in general, two words for some reason make people foam at their mouths in pure hatred and anger at something they mostly do not understand. "Crypto" and "NFT".

EU, while it isnt, kind of is those things. And a lot of people look at EU and see those things and are mostly not able to draw or understand what is and just rages at it being a crypto game..

New graphics looks great and all, but not to deviate to far off topic. from my friends through they years that have looked at EU, and either tried it or looked into it enough to maybe do so. What has driven them off has been the insane lack of information.

in EU, lack of Information = losing all yo shit fast

Theres plenty of info, but its all community driven. Guns can be wildly confusing to players, since in most games, higher value \ higher numbers = good! But in EU, a lot of "high numbers" items are heavily overpriced. But the price makes new players lose stuf to fast.

I might be wrong in this since i do hear different explenations, and having had a long break coming back myself i've almost walked into these traps too. Look at Ecotron 26b vs LC-1000 Frontier - vs MK2 ADJ on paper, they look and act fairly simple, if you look ingame only. Ingame there is not to much seperating them. Except looking in order if you look at the above people ask for 6000 PED, 4500 PED 3500 PED and the cheapest alternative, is if you look at actual data on the guns, by far the best choice...

A new player might end up overspending a metric boatload on ecotron 26 or the frontier, when its not even the best choice. Let alone, most people don't even know how to obtain items.

imo, a lot of people would not have quit, had they not had to not only fight trader "scam sharks" selling way overpriced and buying at dirt cheap prices, but also constantly need to fight entropia itself by navigating the info given ingame, and try to find community based info outside of the game that better reflects reality.

Before they touch, or advertise in any way shape or form, the biggest hinder in having and keeping people is that ingame, a new player will barely have any means of understanding any system of wtf is going on :p and if they rely on what IS given ingame, they will lose all their money in about 2 seconds flat.

Also rookie channel activly trolls and tells actuall new players to borderline "fuck off" which isnt being enforced, thats also not a great thing xD

Advertising the game today keep in mind, depending on how it would be worded might end up being worse than better.

In games in general, two words for some reason make people foam at their mouths in pure hatred and anger at something they mostly do not understand. "Crypto" and "NFT".

EU, while it isnt, kind of is those things. And a lot of people look at EU and see those things and are mostly not able to draw or understand what is and just rages at it being a crypto game..

New graphics looks great and all, but not to deviate to far off topic. from my friends through they years that have looked at EU, and either tried it or looked into it enough to maybe do so. What has driven them off has been the insane lack of information.

in EU, lack of Information = losing all yo shit fast

Theres plenty of info, but its all community driven. Guns can be wildly confusing to players, since in most games, higher value \ higher numbers = good! But in EU, a lot of "high numbers" items are heavily overpriced. But the price makes new players lose stuf to fast.

I might be wrong in this since i do hear different explenations, and having had a long break coming back myself i've almost walked into these traps too. Look at Ecotron 26b vs LC-1000 Frontier - vs MK2 ADJ on paper, they look and act fairly simple, if you look ingame only. Ingame there is not to much seperating them. Except looking in order if you look at the above people ask for 6000 PED, 4500 PED 3500 PED and the cheapest alternative, is if you look at actual data on the guns, by far the best choice...

A new player might end up overspending a metric boatload on ecotron 26 or the frontier, when its not even the best choice. Let alone, most people don't even know how to obtain items.

imo, a lot of people would not have quit, had they not had to not only fight trader "scam sharks" selling way overpriced and buying at dirt cheap prices, but also constantly need to fight entropia itself by navigating the info given ingame, and try to find community based info outside of the game that better reflects reality.

Before they touch, or advertise in any way shape or form, the biggest hinder in having and keeping people is that ingame, a new player will barely have any means of understanding any system of wtf is going on :p and if they rely on what IS given ingame, they will lose all their money in about 2 seconds flat.

Also rookie channel activly trolls and tells actuall new players to borderline "fuck off" which isnt being enforced, thats also not a great thing xD

Yeah but MA never have modded the games or chat channels..........

I mean do we really want a In game mod team watching all the chat channels and warning players when they break the rules etc. Then they would have to write new rules that everyone must abide by too. But yeah the Rookie channel is full of trolls and nasty people. I stay away from that all the time......... Never used it and never will.

But I do see your points, and yes there does need to be some kind of proper MA made tutorial for new players that explains all the basics and that way it would not all be done by the community etc etc. MA just do F*** All and expect everyone else to do everything and they just sit back and count their dollars.............. All the time while LOL'ing amonsgt themselves while drinking their selves silly lol.

But yeah in my honest opinion, MA needs to change or what would be better is if SOMEONE or SOME company would offer MA to buy the game from them and MA no longer own and run the game. We need a brand new company with fresh ideas and 1 that actually cares about the players and community. I mean 20+ years and they have got away with murder literally.......

I am not sorry MA for speaking my mind but I am not alone in this everyone knows what the company is like and how it is ran etc.......

Also loot 2.0 is an insult too, ruined the game even further............

Yeah but MA never have modded the games or chat channels..........

I mean do we really want a In game mod team watching all the chat channels and warning players when they break the rules etc. Then they would have to write new rules that everyone must abide by too. But yeah the Rookie channel is full of trolls and nasty people. I stay away from that all the time......... Never used it and never will.

Yes, there has to be moderation, and should be, especially when a rookie channel made for new people to ask questions, is full of people telling new people to borderline "fuck off" because they ask questions :p

A lot of people use the online world as a escape, but some use it as a escape to litterally just be hatefull, spitefull, and awfull. Free speech is good but good lord people need to learn what it means, it really is not a free card to spout anything from A to Z :)

One thing I wish MA would maybe look into doing is catering to new player by keeping with the times, there should be more info like i mentioned, but also way more incentive for new players, and old players, to keep plowing around. One thing I really wish we would see more of, is something that is so incredibly difficult to balance i'm not even really sure how. But there really should be more UL stuff especially at a lower level.

I personally would love to see just a whole new revamped starting area that had Puny -> old maturity of mobs, perhaps even completely new mobs too, a straight up litteral paradise for lowlvl hunters, and new players. A place where you almost would need to grandly eff up to go at a loss, a place where loot would be so stable that you could test it with a 10000 ped cycle and end up at 9990. Then just have its benefits vain off once players got higher levels, should be a place for bots or such to be able to roam freely and profit, or people to run around and forever cheaply efficiently skill, but the new player activities right now are intensly limited. And after a very short time you end up sweating kerbs for the next year to be able to repeat the same mini hunt you did, unless you depo.

But its a incredibly difficult thing to think of solutions for in a game like EU, how to solve it without fucking over markets, or demographics, or other planets.

Anyways its all to far offtopic, one good thing that is on topic is that UE 5 is generally a intensly good engine so it will allow MA to do things and work with stuff that will make new folk trying at least not necessarily fall backwards with how clunky it is like Cryengine now. I hope the game in moving around, will feel very smooth for once and not clunky. Having worked with UE5 and Ue4 for fun its really not something that should be possible to screw up so heres hoping!

I do also still direly hope they never get rid of the loot windows, the art in them look good and remind me of the 2005 era every time i turn it on, the good old days

Just a reminder: Lotta hills/mountains = bad.

On the last game engine change, there was a LOT of hilly terrain which turned out to be VERY unpopular due to shortened distances for weapons, seeing, etc.
This forced a waste of your time in redesigning that which you already redesigned.
Try not to get stuck in that same trap please. View current high-activity locations and note their terrain.
Thanks.

Flatter = better.

Instagram seems to be in temper tantrum mode now. Can't view anything without creating an account as of a couple days ago.

Just a reminder: Lotta hills/mountains = bad.

On the last game engine change, there was a LOT of hilly terrain which turned out to be VERY unpopular due to shortened distances for weapons, seeing, etc.
This forced a waste of your time in redesigning that which you already redesigned.
Try not to get stuck in that same trap please. View current high-activity locations and note their terrain.
Thanks.

Flatter = better.
I think I would rather them replicate the hills and just use them more creatively. Like certain mobs can scale hills more quickly than others, certain mobs are smarter than other when it comes to finding a quicker path up the hill, etc.

I think I would rather them replicate the hills and just use them more creatively. Like certain mobs can scale hills more quickly than others, certain mobs are smarter than other when it comes to finding a quicker path up the hill, etc.
That's all well and good, I've no issue w/ that (other than the extra coding needed for it)

But you recall the last time they changed game engines, yes? Remember the issue with the excessive amount of terrible terrain they had to fix? I just want to avoid that again.

But you recall the last time they changed game engines, yes? Remember the issue with the excessive amount of terrible terrain they had to fix? I just want to avoid that again
They should be able to use a modernized existing physics engine with better collision detection to avoid this with UE5.

Would also be great if mobs could actually move around, it would make the world feel a bit more real. Instead of having large spawns of mobs just standing there, which is often the case.

Back