Jenna Star Mercury

Status

Mercury

Marauder
Society
Dark Templar
Jenna "Star" Mercury
Hi there all. I guess most of you know me as the trader/pKing bitch that you've come to know and hate (or love). I realize that this reputation has long been built by my actions within the Entropia Universe. Trading facilitated my ability to afford playing and living within this universe. Player killing was often an outlet for my frustration after a long day dealing with children at work; I am a chess coach in real life for those of you that didn't see my other post.

This reputation wasn't one that I wished to gain, but more or less was the path that I was circumstantially thrown into. Many of you know that I played as the avatar "Sammy Farha Fast" prior to my creation of Star. I tried my hardest to not follow the same path of trading/pK that Farha was notoriously known for, but alas, my efforts were not self sustaining. Without trading, I could not afford the high end items which most of you know that I have now within EU. I couldn't afford to be a depositor; so instead, I worked my way up with honest trading. Although many of you would think of me as a heartless pKer, I know many of you also realize that I'm well trusted in the trading world. Perhaps I embelished the value of items that I was selling or devalued those of which I was buying, but that's what being a business person is all about. I still always prided myself in the fact that I delivered what I promised as well as returned what I borrowed.

The player killing involves a different reason, albeit not one I'm proud of. When I returned to EU as Star, I came in with the mentality of being a player that would help noobs fight against the stronger players. I figured I could be a freedom fighter, a "nooby hero". I tried this theory, by fighting to help noobs in the ring at Billy's. After fending off those that meant harm to several new players, I was astounded by the entry of one of those very players that I was protecting with gun drawn. He proceeded to kill me, even after I'd stated quite clearly that I was here to be the "noob messiah". Of course, I didn't allow that to be the only reason for breaking my vow of no more new player killing.

I visited the rig and was able to fend off several would be assassins a few days later. You'd think that those that I protected would be happy with me doing this, but sadly, they weren't. They instead proceeded to treat it as though nothing had happened and fire upon me. Needless to say, I was shaken by this experience. The "noob messiah" was gradually fading into the ruthless player killer that this community knows me to be.

Having said all of this, I've decided that I'll retire from both trading and player killing as of today. Trading, I'll still do to some extent when called upon, but I won't go out of my way to do deals like I used to. I enjoy trading and it isn't really so harmful if done properly. I can't say that I don't enjoy player killing anymore, but I find that it is no longer rewarding killing the innocent. Instead, I'll protect those that are in harm's way. I'll try my hardest to fend off those that would wrongly kill others for no good reason. In other words, I'll be the "Noob Messiah" that Star was created to be.

You may decide that I'm full of shit because my society mates will still be player killers I'm guessing. This will not shake me from my task, nor will it cause tension between us as friends. I won't ask them to stop pKing, I'll simply stop doing it myself. A few exceptions for myself will be Land Grab as well as Events. Those who I harm during those events, I appoligize in advance to.

As for trading - I do own a shop, which I'll continue to sell Looted and Personally Crafted items from, as well as sell off my current trading stock of items (5k items in inventory that needs to be reduced significantly).

I hope you can find it in your hearts to believe this as true and accept my appologies for any wrong doing I may have done to any of you in the past.

Say goodbye to Jenna Star Mercury, and hello to the "Noob Messiah".

Last edited:
i wish you luck in your new heading ( thank god i was not on a pvp area while you where online :D )

This bodes well for the US vs Australia WoF on the weekend... Looking forward to only being killing by thorifoids. ;)

Shaz Monaro

Did something happen overnight Star? :dunno:

I always considerd you a good mate and good to see the 'other' side of you. :tiphat:

Well I'll be dammed Star! We have a lot in common. I myself am a Michigan native. I have read some of your posts b4 and think you are a pretty cool person. Now I think you are even cooler. To do what you have done, and get where you are at is a huge acomplishment and inspires me to keep plugging away. + rep for sure!! Hope to see ya in game.

I always thought of you as a noob messiah.. You have bailed my ass outta many situations that i was in over my head, and never treated me with disrespect. I bet many others will find this of you as well!

Suicide

Eeeep, now that's a bit more folklore of PE dead... Awwww.
I give you two weeks to return to normal. :laugh:

Most Honorable ! I salute you ! :tiphat:

Moderators, please delete Burnsey's post as it has nothing to do with my outreach to the community. It would seem that he is talking to me about something that he has no clue about. Thanks.

yikes :eek:

kill strike + champaign = noob massiah

why does it matter? you should do what YOU feel is fun. This is a game, it's ment to be fun, PvP is there for a reason, in well established zones and areas.

Trading, i just don't see what people have a problem with trading for. You see, when someone goes out and hunts/mines/crafts an item they have 3 choices.

1: Put it on auction and pay the auction fees, and wait 1-3 days for a payout (hopefully.. if someone doesn't bid you don't get anything) and hope that you get your max markup for it.

2: Stand around for 10 hours spamming your post to sell your items, in the same spot, not moving. And then you will be haggled, and your value will prolly go down a bit, just so you can get rid of it.

3: You Visit a trader. You take a small percentage hit (though most likelyyou will get more then the auction when you factor in fee's, and the fact most of the time you wont get the full markup on auction) and you go out hunting again, moneys right there in your inventory.

Also look at when you want something. When you want Shogun, rascall, vigi, whatever, who do you see? usually a trader.

So what's wrong with it? Traders like us do what everyone else hates, though i love doing it, i love talking to people for hours. Most people don't though, they want to hunt/mine/craft great! go do it!

Last edited:
Moderators, please delete Burnsey's post as it has nothing to do with my outreach to the community. It would seem that he is talking to me about something that he has no clue about. Thanks.

I dont know if he speak about something special ... But most pllayer it will take you very very long time before getting just an average reputation.
You did so much in past to so many people , making a post on a forum saying " hey guy , now i am cool" , is far from beeing enought..

I've had a lot of different interactions with you since I started playing this game... lots of them involved my sudden, violent demise, but I was usually looking for a good fight when that happened. The usual syndrome: "noobie gunslinger in town, looking to test his skills against Wyatt Earp, and unfortunately for his health, finding him".

And I have traded with you on occasion, when I couldnt find some rare item on my own.

But in all my interactions with you, and despite the rumors that people love to spread about you as well as about most of the uber players, you have always been honest, helpful to a fault when I had questions about something, and always shown integrity.

So I never had anything but respect for what you have achieved in the little universe we all love to play in.

I read a great article somewhere( sorry; don't remember where..) about the psychological stages that the best gamers go thru, that might apply somewhat here:

1. Loner: attempting to master the basics of the game, and feeling more or less helpless and mostly isolated.

2. Wolfpack leader: Mastering enough to think you are good, because you have in fact become better than many of the other players. Player tends to focus on gaining more skills, and tends to be arrogant with his/her new skills and enjoy goal-oriented aspects of the game; skilling obsessively and enjoying beating or killing less skilled players, alone or with a small group.

3. Grand Master: better than 99% of other players; the gamer has mastered all aspects of the game and begins to become bored with lack of challenge.
At this point the player either leaves the game looking for a new entertainments, or progresses to the next stage.

4. Guru/mentor: player finds creative ways of creating new challenges for him/herself by mentoring other players, or developing community activities (within the limitations of the game structure) that provide challenges and build community for other players in the game.

My personal opinion about you is that you are quite arrogant. Giving ppl the 'I look down on you' feeling.
-The way you talk to ppl in, before or after a PK battle.
-The way of responding PM's on this forum or just not respond and ignore ppl.

It's hard to change a first impression but time will tell I guess.
It's alway's nice to see ppl motivated to improve their reputation.

The guy is opening his heart here... + rep for that.

Since I haven't been in the old PvP3-zone I therefore never encountered Mercery.

I have no problem with resellers though. They are filling a spot most people need. But I guess you either love them or hate them. Raising the common price is of course not good...

But I gotta give +rep for standing up and wanting to improve. That is something a lot could learn from.

Good luck to you and your quest :)

If you truly wany to be the noob messiah, I would like to help you out in any way I can... :)

I have only been a player for a bit less than a year .. this June will be my one year birthday , so I havent been a part of your Violence strewn past.

But I can say I was one of the 179 that you battled and killed on the PVP ATH board .. hehe .. and I even have a screenshot of you taking my trusty Powerfist to the jaw .. right before your DOA put my lights out .. most cool.

Cheers

Bones

awww a n00b-messiah! Cute. You are welcome in School of Lootius if you can't get enough oranges :D

EU cannot get too many free-will helpers for the newbies - I just hope you do this because you really want to do it - and find it fun!

And changing a reputation after such a long time, unfortunately can be very hard. Not everybody understands. Just be aware you can get a tiny bit disappointed.

Best of luck and Lootius blessings!
Lykke

Ohh no. Don't do this dude. We like when you kill everything near you.
Shape up please :laugh:

Hi there all. I guess most of you know me as the trader/pKing bitch that you've come to know and hate (or love). I realize that this reputation has long been built by my actions within the Entropia Universe.

Player killing was often an outlet for my frustration after a long day dealing with children at work;

This reputation wasn't one that I wished to gain, but more or less was the path that I was circumstantially thrown into. ".

Hiya Star :)
Though i dont know you personaly, i know of your rep.
I would be willing to bet that 50% of EU's population dont know you personaly, but see you global quite a bit, and thus having your name familiar. 25% know of you as an aquantience, as name dropping, shopping, services, etc...The rest 25% know you from your PK'ing and so on.

If I may play Devils Advocate?

As far as Noobie Messiah.... for a person not spamming to become a mentor in PA, nor looking for monitary personal gain... good on ya !!! This is just another example why we love EU so much- tons of big hearts here! Poor OJ's need constant guidance, help, and tips- as our universe can be a bit complicated.
Noobie Messiah- I think that (as stated in other posts above this) might be short lived, b/c 1- history repeats itself, habbits are hard to break. 2- theres nothing like a good 'ole challenge once in a while.
Reputation- you cant fault your actions for the rep you have come into. I believe full well that even though your long-term goal might not be to be known as the PK'er not to mess with... but did you really think anything else would happen?? I have a PK urge as well- but since i dont want that rep to be blown up in EU, i play a diff. MMO based SOULY on Pking. Thats gets my frustration out :)
Reputation- screw 'em! We have our Known Craters, Hunters, Miners, etc in EU... and they have built a rep based on their area of expertise. Why denounce your rep as a PK'er? EU has PvP zones for a reason- and you have done well to call those home :)

OKie- just my thoughts- and like i said above, playing Devils Advocate, I can see both sides to your post.
Through all that- I wish you GL in your endevours!!

People should be judged from their actions, not their words. So time will tell of this initial post made any sense.

good luck with your life change :)

however Im one of the players who see's nothing wrong with the old star.

good luck with the changes :)

IMO do whatever you want and dont listen to the nay sayers around here. This is a game and its meant for fun for most. So do whatever is fun for you, if you change your mind in a week and decide to kill everyone you see, then feel free to do it. As long as you have fun doing it :D

Hi there all.
I certainly hope this is not true. You have nothing to explain, no one to answer to. No reason to change as far as I can see.

I love the dread of Star coming to the rig when I'm there. I don't want peace with you, lol!

You are an iconic player Star. Don't change (at least not so drastically, or under any form of external pressure). If you're doing well atm, keep going the way you are.

You make a better 'bad guy' than Neomaven could ever hope to be! :laugh:

I certainly hope this is not true. You have nothing to explain, no one to answer to. No reason to change as far as I can see.

I love the dread of Star coming to the rig when I'm there. I don't want peace with you, lol!

You are an iconic player Star. Don't change (at least not so drastically, or under any form of external pressure). If you're doing well atm, keep going the way you are.

You make a better 'bad guy' than Neomaven could ever hope to be! :laugh:

:D and this is why you are one of my favorite posters!

Yeah, yeah - heard it all before, many times. You are only kidding yourself, you know ;)
I am pretty confident that you won't be able to resist slapping on some eon and slaughtering a few innocents from time to time. And why should you? OK it's irritating sometimes and I have teased you about it on occasion but it can also be very entertaining.

There’s no second chance to create a first impression!

I don’t see anything wrong with PK’ing as long as you do it at the right place and with the “right” attitude.

I don’t trust men in high heels, but I’m gonna give you credit for this one. At the same time, I bet you 1 PED as you can't do it :D

All the best :)

Status
Back