Just Curious - Loot system

gwit

Prowler
Katielicious mallow (Kat)
As we have a "dyamic" loot system, I was just wondeing if MA ever get surprised by the size of some of the ATH's. I realise there must be a limiter written in somewhere, but I would guess that this is probabaly a limitataion along the lines of "no more than x per cent".

Curious to as to what others think.

i've been wondering about if loot is totaly dynamic how come no1 ever got a 100K ath in the older days :p gotta be a marginal somewhere

I have my personal opinions about loot.

But one thing I find amazing is the fact 2 years and 2 months ago an ATH was 20k. These days a 30k HOF isn't even an ATH. :eyecrazy:

Kosmos

As we have a "dyamic" loot system, I was just wondeing if MA ever get surprised by the size of some of the ATH's. I realise there must be a limiter written in somewhere, but I would guess that this is probabaly a limitataion along the lines of "no more than x per cent".

Curious to as to what others think.

not totally related to what you say, but i've been thinking lately that, given the huge number of bugs currently present in all EU systems (GUI, textures, terrain, sounds, network code, etc etc etc), it's only logical that their loot system has a similar number of bugs, right?

that would explain why MA/FPC seems to be surprised themselves on how loot behaves. and even more, what if players are not getting the returns that MA/FPC _think_ they are supposed to get, as a consequence of unknown bugs? would that be possible?

It is possible. and they might have no idea. or it might be working as intended.

Btw

It is possible. and they might have no idea. or it might be working as intended.

MA is very happy with this bugged Loot System....:lolup:

Why would they care - regardless of the reason for the 100K+ ATH

it is not their money - it comes from all those 50% runs and missed shots - and also (maybe) accumulated losses of the happy ATH-er

that would explain why MA/FPC seems to be surprised themselves on how loot behaves. and even more, what if players are not getting the returns that MA/FPC _think_ they are supposed to get, as a consequence of unknown bugs? would that be possible?

This might very well be the case, but they would never admit it. If they were to correct such a bug, it would just be called a slight modification of the loot distribution. Even tho, I'm pretty sceptic to a scenario with MA/FPC not having complete control over their cashflow. They seem to be pretty good on guaranteeing their inflow.

But one thing I find amazing is the fact 2 years and 2 months ago an ATH was 20k. These days a 30k HOF isn't even an ATH. :eyecrazy:

Why is this amazing, its exactly what you'd expect isn't it? As more time passes the better chance that there will be a big HOF, pushing a smaller one off the ATH list, never to be seen again. Given _enough_ time, you'd expect to see all 100 ATHs to be whatever the max ATH is.

Well, I'm down 1k PED for the past 10 days... if 99 other people are down 1k PED also for the same period, it makes sense that Skippie/Lhava will get another ATH.

Well, I'm down 1k PED for the past 10 days... if 99 other people are down 1k PED also for the same period, it makes sense that Skippie/Lhava will get another ATH.

I've lost around 1k ped too in a week of mining..

Either there's a super-ath coming or MA's just having a payday

I have my personal opinions about loot.

Kosmos

because if they didn't increase the ath's the list would be 2 years old and have no new entries.

Maybe the list should only last for a month instead. Then they wouldn't feel the need to keep increasing the ath's.

because if they didn't increase the ath's the list would be 2 years old and have no new entries.

Maybe the list should only last for a month instead. Then they wouldn't feel the need to keep increasing the ath's.

Might aswell take it out then, otherwise it would be pointless to call it all time high's... besides probably most of you never saw the reaction of people when they saw a 20k ATH for the first time... i know i felt amazed, taking in consideration the highest mining ATH was 1-2k maybe? I remember seeing Silver di Avlo's gold ATH's up there at 900 peds and think, hot damn cant wait to hit one of those.... Nowadays 900 peds is like an average hof to most.

In a way people should be thrilled to know that you actualy can make a lot more money than back then, and its how MA entices people to play, its the same as before, but with bigger numbers... In my opinion a shame, coule be a whole lot cheaper to play, but then again, you wouldnt win as much when you did win would you?

How it would work if I was the programmer:

Based on my personal idea how MA let Loot work:

I would create one Lootpool for every mob, and another LootpoolATH for every mob.

1% of the decay produced on a mob would go to the ATH pool, 94% of the decay on a mob would flow into the normal mobs Lootpool.
5% won´t get cyceled the company must get some money somewhere ;)
(these figures are out of reality, as MAs greed is bigger than mine)

Then it would get checks randomly if a looter has access to the ATH Pool of a mob. If pool is high enough to get into ATH list, this looter would get an ATH. If there is less in the pool, the looter get pushed into the normal pool, where he get another normal Loot.

That kind of routine is easy programmable and it would gurantee that there will allways be bigger ATHs from time to time.
The bigger the ATHs in the list, the longer it would take to see a new one, but thats not a big problem due to massive amounts of PEDs cyceled the ATH pools would fill up very fast.

Surely I have a lot more good ideas for loot distribution in an RCE and it would surely be much more komplex than this realatively easy scenario, but its one thing I surely would implement into lootroutine to give the people allways a bigger drive, without the risk of losing myself a dime ;)

Creating the formulas is very easy, much less of a problem than a textured 3D animation.

BTW, if MA would expect a BUG in the Lootroutine, they surely would fix that one first!
Remember that mining bug some time back, when a lot of HoFs where hit within a few minutes after a VU. EU was down very fast to fix that bug, that costed some thousand PED MA sided :)

It's a jackpot system.
The more money in before the trigger flicks, the higher the Jackpot.

Basic gambling mechanics.

Might aswell take it out then, otherwise it would be pointless to call it all time high's... besides probably most of you never saw the reaction of people when they saw a 20k ATH for the first time... i know i felt amazed, taking in consideration the highest mining ATH was 1-2k maybe? I remember seeing Silver di Avlo's gold ATH's up there at 900 peds and think, hot damn cant wait to hit one of those.... Nowadays 900 peds is like an average hof to most.

In a way people should be thrilled to know that you actualy can make a lot more money than back then, and its how MA entices people to play, its the same as before, but with bigger numbers... In my opinion a shame, coule be a whole lot cheaper to play, but then again, you wouldnt win as much when you did win would you?

Yep, I remember seeing the first 10K PED hunting HoF and thinking it was an insane loot, now those happend all the time.

Ever watch those funny home video shows? I think the loot pool is coded in a way that makes it behave like the videos where a kid tries to hit a pinata and ends up nailing his father/brother/Santa in the nuts with the bat.

I've lost around 1k ped too in a week of mining..

Either there's a super-ath coming or MA's just having a payday

Game theory fail, MA does not profit more when you lose more, nor do they lose more when you profit.

Markup is more important that super big hofs anyways. Its impossible to profit off ma.

Kosmos

yeah so they must be controling loot somehow :p

otherwise there might have been a 100K ath a long time ago when even 20K was an ath

and if they did feel that numbers are getting too high they still can't kick people out form the ath list once they've gotten a seat there, so starting over with a month list would also invoke trouble

Who says anything about MA controlling loot? Lootius dispenses it when he damn well sees fit.

Loot imo is random, within some borders.
I.E if a mob has a cost of 1 ped to kill, you loot can be zero, or from 10% of the cost to 100000% of the cost. Ofc, higher loot has much less chance to drop than small loot, probably an exponential algoritm. And number are of not exactly 10% and 100000% but you get the idea.

Other numbers seems to apply to big mobs who always drops loot, btw... But same general mechanism.

On top of that I believe MA has some mechanism to adjust average loot, if they want loot to suck more for a while for some reason, or they want it to be extra good. Maybe they multiply everything with a factor, or maybe they can adjust the exponential factor, or something like that.

Just my opinion.
(Ehm... Or at least that how I think it used to work 1 year ago. No idea how much they changed lately.)

...given the huge number of bugs currently present in all EU systems (GUI, textures, terrain, sounds, network code, etc etc etc), it's only logical that their loot system has a similar number of bugs, right?
Disagree with that.
I sure that MA actually TESTS everything involving economy.

I'm even pretty sure that they run useful and relatively thorough tests on these things, though other areas get less attention.

If loots, trading, deposits, withdrawals, auction etc were as bugged as many other areas, EU couldn't work.

I can remember 2 serious bugs in these areas:
- At one time very early and before my time, people could 'copy' items, and many of today's mod faps was made that way. But I think PE was in beta back then and prices were MUCH lower.
- Also some very tiny mob (snablesnots?) dropped imp fap? (or some other uber item) regularly for a short while. This was fixed quickly though.

There probably has been other serious bugs I'm not aware of over the many years, but compared to the number of bugs in other areas, it's obvious that they test these things more. (And it would be tremendously stupid not to)

I would imagine they have a simulator running each time they make an update that runs the loot algorithms at a high pace to detect bugs

I would imagine they have a simulator running each time they make an update that runs the loot algorithms at a high pace to detect bugs
I loled... :rolleyes:

I remember one time they released a VU, and in 5 minutes more than 20 people hit 3k+ hofs. Big major loot formula fuckup, but the players were happy to keep them...

I think there is no bug in the loot system. I put a lot of hours in this game daily. Sow i see when they change somehing.

Example. The blazers they firts dropped 1 per loot. From 1 day to the other day you could loot up to 9 blazers, Sow that is a good prove they can cange the loot system very easy! I think they have some gui (a interface) where they can change settings easy.

Well it sucks getting 7x no loot. Im sure they can do something about it. They sould have more polacy how things work. Now people including me think they are unfair and have things to hide

No doubt loot is limit in mining...

Look that...

Someone have hit a ATH 35k+- whitout amp...

If u use oa109 ion this hit for sure is more then 600k

Someone belive MA give a 600k HOF?... :D

Back