Kim|Calypso Interview with DJ Bonnie on Atlas Haven Radio 2013!

I was wondering if it isn't better to state the time in real world time since you are not loging to entropia to listen the radio :scratch2:
Now I have to login to the game just to see when interview starts

It should say your time & Calypso time at very bottom of pcf

Your radio is down for me...

update: seems to work now ;)

Last edited:
Live interview with Kim from MA and DJ Bonnie starts in 20 mins! Tune in now for a front row seat! We are at twin peaks too in game. :) www.atlashavenradio.com

Starting now :D

Already going on? I cant hear it :confused:

Edit:

Nvm, works now :D

Damn being at work :(. Can't wait to see a text version after

Less space and less question kim already answare on forum pls :)

Great stuff Bonnie, really enjoyed listening :yay:
Not sure if there's more questions than answers spinning in my head though :laugh:

Anyway, its good to be reminded that devs are humans too lol.

Nice interview, appreciate it :).

So surprised you told us what Mod Loot really is hehe, didn't think that kind of info would be told :) Thank you.

Edit: ^ and it's a good thing :)

well taming is not coming anytime soon but at least we know what to expect :)) ty bonnie and kim :D

Thank you again to you and Kim for interview, could we expect to see transcript of it?

Fantastic!!!

That was a fantastic Interview from both of you!! :wtg: Great job!! :beerchug:

pcf_bonnie_interview.jpg

View image in gallery

Less space and less question kim already answare on forum pls :)

Yes quite right, I quickly realised after a few space questions that I was scraping the barrel a bit :laugh::ahh: So cut the rest of them out ;)

Great stuff Bonnie, really enjoyed listening :yay:
Not sure if there's more questions than answers spinning in my head though :laugh:

Anyway, its good to be reminded that devs are humans too lol.

Me too with the more questions, I am listening to it again now, my heads buzzing! :D

for those of you that missed, until there will be available recording you can see whole interview here: http://www.twitch.tv/teitv/c/2225972
Thats wonderful im watching it there now :) Thank you :)
Nice interview, appreciate it :).

So surprised you told us what Mod Loot really is hehe, didn't think that kind of info would be told :) Thank you.

Edit: ^ and it's a good thing :)

I hadnt realised that it was something many were curious of, I genuinely thought that I just didnt know! So it was really great to get such a comprehensive answer :)

That was awesome, thank you both Kim & Bonnie :)

Thank you for tuning in, was truly my pleasure :)

well taming is not coming anytime soon but at least we know what to expect :)) ty bonnie and kim :D
Your very welcome :)
Thank you again to you and Kim for interview, could we expect to see transcript of it?
Your most welcome :) - Yes certainly, as soon as I possibly can! it wont be tonight though, my heads fried :ahh:

attachment.php

Good Job Bonnie :thumbup:

Hmm... well after listening to the interview I didn't really learn anything.

If you would have posted your questions in a list yesterday... we could have easilly answered 95% of them on our own at a minimum.

It doesn't surprise me that Kim would answer questions with the same type of responses we've already heard time and time again. I've said it once and I'll say it again... with these PP employees you really have to be crafty, creative, and sneak up on em'. Way back I PM'd you a question about ARG's (Alternate Reality Gaming). The purpose behind that question was NOT to ask for ARG's in EU, or even if it was something being looked into... as much as it was a way of finding out exactly HOW FAR the Calypso team was willing to go in order to advertise, and promote the game. As well as finding out if EVERYTHING they did was about money.... or if creativity and content had any signifigant level of importance other than on a strictly financial level.
You see young grasshopper.... MindArk is like a government... a black and white question will RARELY give you a TRULY black and white answer.

Menace.

Hiya, many thanks again for the interview. :)
One thing, on a specific note, is that Kim said a timer is one of the most difficult things to implement for the instance events! I'd just like to type in live what I think is required in programming.

1: What should trigger the starting of a timer? A: Entering the instance (or logging in inside one if this is possible).
2: What should stop the timer? A: Leaving the instance or the system registering/performing a disconnect.

3: Are there any issues of resources and how to keep things as simple as possible? A: Yes. I imagine checking every avatar at logout/disconnect for stuff is not efficient, just because they might be in an event. So ok, timestamp all logout/disconnects (probably done anyway), and sort it out when an avatar logs back in again (if connection to the player needs to be working). A flag of 'is/was the player in an event?' would not be hard, surely?

4: How often does the timer check for reaching its maximum, and what does it then do? A: Various options, but not exactly hard either. It's programming......

Ok, so, out of interest, have I missed anything significant here? And I realise that if MA can check everyone using a database trawl after the event with a script, that there must be time and event-related data being stored anyway. It could be more about slipping through the net, though - avatars counted as online for longer than they really are etc. MA might not like the idea of players being able to see what the system has to say about how long they've been on an event, when they weren't... but that is a different situation!

Comments anyone - or a separate thread if people think this is worthwhile discussion?

Hey, I got two questions answered, cool! :yay:

Not a transcript, but what I took away from the interview:
  • separate design / development teams for calypso and platform
  • cld and cld land grab and house building are on platform side
  • when ma says designed / being designed, they mean coming up with the spec on paper
  • taming is a spec on paper
  • fishing is a spec on paper
  • ma is going to do a lot of refreshing of old systems, then new
  • interacting with the system / other avatars is an area that is being worked on actively
  • calypso is going to get a big instance in June release
  • melee amps is more than a spec on paper
  • they have not really started a review process of mf, future of wormhole and resurrect chips static until that and unclear from there on
  • they would like to change which mobs are where, and to have a more biologically sensible setup in places, maybe in second half of year (but not yet spec on paper :p)
  • there was talk of filling up equipment for other professions, but no details at all.
  • Next Island is still in Limbo.

The interview is now on Youtube :D ( I hope I did it right :ahh:)

The transcript will also be up asap :)

This video contains content from UMG. It is not available in your country.

Guess that's because of the intro music.

"Contains material from UMG, can not be viewed from your country"

Aww :(
Same here:
"This video contains content from UMG. It is not available in your country.

Sorry about that."

Youtube worst place for any video, where any music hearable (even in crap quality and in background).

Back