Limit the deposit?

TegyeLe

Dominant
I have the following idea, which makes EU harder but also solve the problem when you have the money you can buy everything.

The idea is the following:

EU is free, you don't have to deposit at all to play, but we all know that you must.
What if MA would limit the total amount of deposit? Say you can not deposit more then the amount when you get a free gold card?

That way you must pick up everything wisely, you can not spend your money like a sailor.
What if a player reaches the limit but also lost everything? How to get money then?
In that case MA should offer an optional subscription system.
Only those can choose this option who reached the deposit limit. But don't forget, even then it is still optional.
What is the income of a subscription system?
For MA it means an income source, for the player also, because for the monthly fee we can get a fixed amount of PED.

In the current system this wouldn't work at all and the idea can be wrong.
MA must change the loot distribution and many things, probably even the exchange rates.

I just forgot, what if the player refusing to pay for a subscription after spent all the money? In that case the player should be able to do a fresh start, new avatar and can deposit again (good for MA and for us since money comes to the system).

MA limiting deposits.... you funny guy! :laugh:

That would be like going to a petrol station and only being allowed 1 gallon of petrol per car, ever :laugh:

I dont even know where to start....

do you realise that you wouldnt be able to buy anything at all that has a price higher that the deposit limit? How would you solve that?

Also your idea wouldnt solve anything since people would just make multiple avatars to be able to depo and just transfer the money...

If you have problems with spending your money like a mad man all you have to do is limit YOUR depositing not everybody elses :p
to cut it short this is just :bs:

Last edited:
To put it simply, if you owned and ran MA, would you wish to limit how much your customers can spend?

Don't answer as a player/customer. Answer honestly as if this were your company. You have to pay the employees, pay the electric (a huge bill for 'net companies), rent, taxes, etc., etc., etc.

Does this sound like a good idea to you?

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............?????????????????????? :confused:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have the following idea, which makes EU harder but also solve the problem when you have the money you can buy everything.

The idea is the following:

EU is free, you don't have to deposit at all to play, but we all know that you must.
What if MA would limit the total amount of deposit? Say you can not deposit more then the amount when you get a free gold card?

That way you must pick up everything wisely, you can not spend your money like a sailor.
What if a player reaches the limit but also lost everything? How to get money then?
In that case MA should offer an optional subscription system.
Only those can choose this option who reached the deposit limit. But don't forget, even then it is still optional.

Maybe it would have been good with it from the beginning - but now it has gone too far with the current method (consider things like mod faps, land areas and hangars), I got a strong feeling that current owner of let's say land areas, as well as MA when putting new LAs on auction, don't want to feel "locked in".

Another problem is that someone who wants to go around the rules can let wife & the rest of the family do big deposits, and that way have an advantage (the advantage of having quick access to lots of cash ingame if an opportunity shows up).

The idea is nice in a way though, since it would make a a limit to inflation, since hangars would go to people who actively save for it rather than those who can get 300k ped ingame quickly. So, once again, problem is that implementing it *now* wouldn't solve anything.

I'm gonna open a store, but you guys can't spend more than 50USD there, ever!

really? I have never...

I know several people who has never done that either...

And I know there are many others who do not deposit...

Personally I think it would be a good idea for a game jsut starting but not for one already in existance. It would really mess up the economy and either people will totally loose their investment from price droppings. There is a reason why they call it a real cash economy because it works side be side.

If you want you can do a subscription each month for $10 and MA will give you 96.5 PEDs. :eek:)

This is the strangest idea for EU I've ever heard. It's like Walmart telling its customers "You can enter the store for free, but you have to spend money to take anything home. However, since some of our customers are buying TVs instead of paying their credit card bills, you can't spend more than $50 per month here." ????? How would any business stay in business??

Go tell your boss that you never ever want a raise. :rolleyes:

This will probably end up as the worst idea ever in 2009, and the year has only started:D

To put it simply, if you owned and ran MA, would you wish to limit how much your customers can spend?

sorry i saw you used the word "customer" in that sentence, we surely dosnt get treated as "Customers" ;) :laugh:

Im not sure what is a good word to put on us from MA's point of view, subjects maybe? to see how long they can push it befor we stop logging in.

lol yeeeeaaaah totally sounds like MA.... "Uhh ma'am, I think you've given us enough money already.... We just won't take any more!"....

sorry i saw you used the word "customer" in that sentence, we surely dosnt get treated as "Customers" ;) :laugh:

Im not sure what is a good word to put on us from MA's point of view, subjects maybe? to see how long they can push it befor we stop logging in.

Subjects? I'd rather say human guinea pigs. By the way, I hope TegyeLe is just joking. He should have saved this idea for April fool's day. :laugh:

Investor

If you play Entropia for fun that's great, However I use it as a Investment.

If the cost of the game is a bit over a person's budget then maybe another game would be more worth their while. :):)

No disrespect to anybody intended.

This is alreayd implemented since the start of depositing years ago. Deposits are already limited to the maximum amount of the limits of the method(s) you choose, or the amount of money you have, whichever comes first.

Regardless of how stupid everything else proposed might be, a subsciption system would nice, not forced upon you of course, but as a posibility.

made my day :laugh:

It would ruin everything MA build up. The first online RCE in the world.
I would not see mindark even consider to do it. After all they are a business and a purpose of a business is making money. By making it harder to deposit more money then a certain amount would undermine the goal of a company.

And did you play alot of mmorpg with monthly fee? (If you answer don't name them, don't wanna see you banned or this thread closed/removed)

And I really wonder how you came on this idea.

It would ruin everything MA build up. The first online RCE in the world.
I would not see mindark even consider to do it. After all they are a business and a purpose of a business is making money. By making it harder to deposit more money then a certain amount would undermine the goal of a company.

And did you play alot of mmorpg with monthly fee? (If you answer don't name them, don't wanna see you banned or this thread closed/removed)

And I really wonder how you came on this idea.

Yes I did but that is very different, since for that fee you mostly just be able to play the game, nothing else. But in an RCE like EU you can buy equipment.

Better to do the oposite, give depositers bonuses based on deposits
done. Could be ESI's with tt 0.00ped, that can be repaired once up to
a certain value.

Or you could just limit yourself to $10 a month and get 100 peds ;) I'm sorry, but this is a terrible idea-people with high end items would be locked in as no one would be able to buy them off them for current prices...
Frankenberry-NBK Legion

:laugh: and some other letters

Ma already limit you to 30k a month ;)

If your employer paid you for your first months work, then told you "From now on you must work for free, and live off your first pay-check for the rest of your life." would you reply "Ok, if that's the way it works, that's fine with me." ?? :D

Ah, I thought not.

Back